Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations?

Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations?

Monday, January 17th, 2011 4:28pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 58,710

Miss out on some of the Cybertron Scouts? You may get another chance to pick these little guys up at retail. TFClub has listed three auctions for Cybertron Scouts in Generations style packaging: Undermine, Wreckloose, and Backstop. It's unknown if all the Scouts will be re-released or where they will be available.

Update: Thanks to our ever observant staff we can tell you that in addition to Backstop sporting a new deco he and Wreckloose also come with differently colored plant keys.

Backstop even sports a new deco!

Credit(s): TFClub

This article was last modified on Monday, January 17th, 2011 7:13pm CST

Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170522)
Posted by Rated X on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:35pm CST
Thats cool. I found Undermine in the flea market for a buck but he is missing his tail and key. I Hope it'sa the same shade of green. The rhino looks so much better without the red and purple. They currently have the red and purple one at walmart along with some race car and a blue truck.
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170524)
Posted by First-Aid on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:39pm CST
:BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170525)
Posted by KIERANW on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:40pm CST
OMG does that Backstop actually look cool in that colour scheme!
im sold on him. i never bought the original cause of the ass hand thing, but since i display animal figures in beast mode im not really that bothered lol
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170526)
Posted by Scaleface on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:40pm CST
That's not Generations, it's Transformers (2010) line with red markings.
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170529)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:44pm CST
backstop looks great
too bad i already have him
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170530)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:46pm CST
Never cared for 'em when they first came out, won't bother to try when they are
Re-released.
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170532)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:49pm CST
Bleh, such ugly UGLY bot modes, haha. Oh well, nice to get some animal-like tfs again I guess...but damn do those bot modes look like crapola.
:CON:
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170533)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:50pm CST
Hasbro re-releases some of the funniest stuff. I just passed on the Original Backstop in Walmart that was re-released but I'll probably pick this version up. The cybertron line was full of hidden gems.
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170534)
Posted by Scaleface on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:50pm CST
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170535)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 17th, 2011 @ 4:55pm CST
Actually, the more I look at it, the more I sorta want to get both the Decepticons, and place them as some other race of transforming aliens... They're kinda neat in an ugly way. But backstop just looks like crud, hehe. They look more like predacons. I want more Predacons who don't have any flesh or fur, but basically all machine.
:CON:
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170540)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 17th, 2011 @ 5:13pm CST
I dont mind when they re-release old figures but at least give all of them a new paint scheme or something new. I like all 3 of these molds but i have em already, only one i might pick up is Backstop since thats a pretty cool paint job the other two i have to pass on.
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170544)
Posted by whacko on January 17th, 2011 @ 5:22pm CST
WTF? 3 of the crappiest Cybertron scouts getting yet another re-release. They just brought some of these guys back for X-Mas at Walmart, where they obviously didn't sell since they are cluttering up the discount aisle.

Hasbro.. c'mon already.
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170550)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on January 17th, 2011 @ 5:33pm CST
Scaleface wrote:Backstop is a redeco, I might get him. Wreckloose has a new BLUE Jungle planet key, undermine is a straight repackage.

Excellent observation. I'll probably pick up all three of these. I suspect they'll be $4 in Wal-Mart, or $5 at Family Dollar.
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170557)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 17th, 2011 @ 5:46pm CST
KIERANW wrote:OMG does that Backstop actually look cool in that colour scheme!

What? I didn't understand your first line :BOOM:
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170571)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on January 17th, 2011 @ 6:09pm CST
I'd much rather see re-releases of Clocker, Breakdown, or Ransack. I've already got these three (who I've since added to my BW collection as reformatted Autobots/Decepticons), and even Backstops new deco wont make me want additional versions of them...
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170572)
Posted by prowl123 on January 17th, 2011 @ 6:12pm CST
Am I the only one who's wondering what line this is?

Backstop looks better in those colors, but none of these interest me.
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170591)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 17th, 2011 @ 7:02pm CST
Been putting up with these since a few weeks before Christmas. They flooded the local Wal-Marts with these in the old TF:Universe packaging. Most are gone now that the Wal-Marts are re-zoning the toy aisles and scaling down the TF selections to make space for other toys to be released promoting upcoming movies. One store had these guys clearance priced to $2.00 and they still weren't going away. Had they had Backstop in this color scheme I would have actually sprung for one but if they are going for standard Scout Class pricing ($8.00+) I'm not inclined to pick one up. Already have all the Scout and Deluxe class figures from that series. I'll save my pennies for the "real" Generations figures.
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170593)
Posted by Scaleface on January 17th, 2011 @ 7:03pm CST
If they were going to release these figures, I'd have prefered Backstop in red as Ramhorn, Wreckloose painted a Iguanus, and Undermine painted as a Dinobot. Not any old Dinobot, just a new random Dinobot, like Grimstone was a new Dinobot.
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170598)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 17th, 2011 @ 7:12pm CST
Anyone else think it's funny how they stayed true to their names and most coloration, but came up with entirely new personalities based on said names to try and fit them into a non-Cybertron/Galaxy Force universe?
Re: Cybertron Scouts to get another release in Generations? (1170607)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 17th, 2011 @ 7:52pm CST
I like Undermine's goofy, deranged chameleon look in robot mode..... assuming I'm looking at it right :lol:

Backstop looks very mechanical in this deco.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Speedster Boulder Flip Racers Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Medix The Doc-Bot Figure Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Free Comic Book Day Doctor Who Power Rangers Transformers Avengers Marvel  Idw" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Salvage" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots  Brushfire and Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot Movie Jazz Ratchet Hot Shot Bumblebee Barricade" on EBAY