Transformers News: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator

Sunday, February 9th, 2020 3:36pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 29,460

Greetings Seibertronians! Hot from the reveal of Studio Series Devastator this weekend at Wonder Festival 2020 [Winter], fellow Seibertron user, MadProject, has pointed our optics over to the Transformers Official Instagram account who have sent out their own picture of Devy, with one major difference. In this picture, Devastator has a yellow leg. This is our first look at Skipjack, the new name for the yellow rampage, seen in the Revenge of the Fallen movie.

Transformers News: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devestator

Skipjack is a redeco of Voyager Class Rampage and is rumoured for release at some point in 2020.

Are you looking forward to getting a new leg for Devastator? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): MadProject from Seibertron, Official Transformers Instagram Account

This article was last modified on Sunday, February 9th, 2020 3:41pm CST

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051833)
Posted by Brokebot on February 9th, 2020 @ 4:47pm CST
As much as I hate the Bayformers, that actually looks interesting. Whether or not its interesting enough to burn cash on remains to be seen. >:oP
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051837)
Posted by o.supreme on February 9th, 2020 @ 5:50pm CST
Since there are multiples of many of the RotF constrcticons, there's a potential for many more releases as alternate parts for Devastator. I'd still maybe like to see 2 alternate deluxes for the right arm giving us a 9 component Devastator instead of 8.
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051840)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 9th, 2020 @ 6:38pm CST
He looks good with either a red or yellow leg.

Gosh I love this line
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051841)
Posted by Emerje on February 9th, 2020 @ 6:39pm CST

Hope it's possible to turn Scrapper over without affecting the elbow, otherwise his thumb and fingers end up reversed.

Emerje
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051842)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 9th, 2020 @ 6:41pm CST
Emerje wrote:First time I've noticed Hightower's head and neck being used as a thumb. Looks a little silly, mine might go thumbless or maybe I'll just pop his head off...

Emerje

Hightower's hook is supposed to be attached behind his head to make a proper clawed thumb, it isn't in that images
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051851)
Posted by carytheone on February 9th, 2020 @ 7:45pm CST
The combined duo are pretty flexible. I've seen quite a few combined arm options with one of Scrapmetal's "figures" turned around and used as a thumb or the treads/legs used as thumbs.

Even with the claw mounted the official way the head is still there looking derpy.
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051853)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 9th, 2020 @ 8:19pm CST
Since we have some visual confirmation of Skipjack, hopefully we’ll see him and Sentinel at NYTF. I’m looking forward to seeing Devastator in the more usual hunched-over pose.

Also tried recreating SS-49 Bumblebee’s pose on the box art!
B8AF162D-F75E-4632-94D2-F09D8D7C31BD.jpeg
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051857)
Posted by skidflap on February 9th, 2020 @ 9:33pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:He looks good with either a red or yellow leg.

Gosh I love this line

Same here. If we do get Skipjack, I can have Bumblebee fighting Rampage as a display.
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051859)
Posted by Emerje on February 9th, 2020 @ 10:01pm CST

Emerje
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051861)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 9th, 2020 @ 10:04pm CST
Emerje wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a giant yellow killer robot tractor got named after a tuna.

Emerje

"Skipping Jackhammer" :P

Hasbro sometimes is a bit... oblivious when it comes to names?
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051862)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 9th, 2020 @ 10:27pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I hope SS goes on long enough to give us a Demolishor in addition to Skipjack, and maybe through in a Payload and someone else in there too, alternate options.
Redeco Hightower into Hook.

Retool Mixmaster into his alternate-headed version and name him after Quickmix.

Redeco Overload in purple and name him after Frontloader.

Redeco Scrapper in red and name him after Buckethead.

Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051863)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 9th, 2020 @ 11:04pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Redeco Scrapmetal (here's the fun one) in an all new blue and red deco with the name "Rumble" in honor of Cybertron Scrapmetal's Japanese name (and as a fun mockery of the FIRRIB/RIRFIB debate by giving him both colors). ;)

:APPLAUSE:
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051880)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 10th, 2020 @ 6:52am CST
I so need and want those two final Constructicons. This might be the most ambitious combiner I've ever seen from Transformers, and from all appearances, unless there's something majorly bad, they'll have stuck the landing, too. Nice job, designers! :-D :michaelbay:
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051882)
Posted by LeAwesome1 on February 10th, 2020 @ 6:56am CST
My biggest concern is I don't think this will be able to hunch. I have Mixmaster coming in the mail so I can see how he connects to Scavenger then, but I am not sure if the head can angle up much more, he is already looking way down when standing up right. I really hope there is a way to make it work because Devastator needs to be on all fours.
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051883)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 10th, 2020 @ 7:12am CST
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051887)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 10th, 2020 @ 9:10am CST
Rodimus Knight wrote:Assuming overload is the red one, what kind of construction equipment is he supposed to be exactly?
An articulated frontloader.
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051890)
Posted by carytheone on February 10th, 2020 @ 9:32am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
An articulated frontloader.
Don't front loaders normally have scoops? Looks more like a flat bed / dump truck hauling a big round thing. I really hope that part can be removed or collapse.
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051892)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 10th, 2020 @ 9:39am CST
carytheone wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
An articulated frontloader.
I got my wires crossed. He's an articulated dump truck. Specifically a modified Komatsu HD465-7.
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051893)
Posted by carytheone on February 10th, 2020 @ 9:48am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
An articulated frontloader.
Ah cool that it's based on a real vehicle. They all look plausible, but are all the SS Constructicon toys based on real life vehicles? Those giant construction vehicles can get pretty crazy.

I'm only 2/8 of the way in and I have no concrete plans to finish or not finish Devastator. The combined figure they just showed off sure isn't doing a good job selling it to me. I do find the individual ones that are monster-like a lot of fun and may continue to pick them up on whims and sales.
Re: First Look At Transformers Studio Series Voyager Class Skipjack As Leg For Devastator (2051894)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on February 10th, 2020 @ 9:55am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
An articulated frontloader.

So I know what that is, the Red one, WIth them using names that aren't original constructicons I'm fully going to admit to not knowing who is who.

I'm talking about long red truck with what looks like part of a space bridge on the end.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Trading Card Game Rise of the Combiners Decepticon Acid Storm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime AM-21 Arms Master  Optimus Prime Arms Micron Takara MISB NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TRU Exclusive Masterpiece Acid Storm and Sunstorm; great condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Acid Storm & GI Joe Steeler" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Reissue Scramble City Galvatron Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Cheetor/Sea Fury Combo & Slipstream. Spark Armor New (2)" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Henkei Transformers Ratchet Classics Universe Generations (Japan Version)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe 25th Anniversary Ratchet MISP rare 2009 Generations" on EBAY