IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe

Transformers News: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe

Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 4:27pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 13,399

Charity website Humble Bundle has once again delivered on giving Transformers fans a great deal on Transformers comics today as they're rolling out a bundle of IDW comics featuring both Transformers and G.I. Joe! If you're the type to not like crossovers of the two though, no worries; as that's not the focus of this -- in fact there seems to be rather little focus, with comics ranging from the main IDW Generation 1 continuity (with the likes of More Than Meets The Eye and Till All Are One) to the Live-Action IDW comics to the Regeneration One maxi-series! This does mean that if you've been wanting to dip your toes into some of IDW's Transformers material but you didn't know where to start or what universe to go for; this could be for you! And, just to make this more impressive; the full thing is a whopping $741 worth of digital comics for only $25 -- and proceeds go to the Hasbro's Children Fund! Check out the list of which Transformers comics are in the Humble Bundle below, then click the image to buy some of the bundle if you like and tell us if you did in the forums!

$1 or more

$25 or more
- The Transformers: The IDW Collection, Vol. 5 - 8
- Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 2 - 4

Transformers News: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904749)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2017 @ 4:29pm CDT
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this might just be the biggest IDW Transformers humble bundle yet. I'm actually not entirely sure if it misses anything from the main G1 continuity, and it throws in some other IDW TF and GI Joe stuff on top of all that! This is bloody the hell huge.

edit: just checked, and it includes everything before Death of Optimus Prime and almost everything before Dark Cybertron. It then also includes Combiner Wars, the Autocracy trilogy, Salvation, and almost all the Windblade comics (bar the last three issues of TAAO). And then it includes all 7 volumes of the IDW GI Joe collection, which - as far as I can tell from a few google searches - includes all the main IDW GI Joe continuity comics before Revolution.

So... yeah. This is a pretty awesome bundle for fans of the Hasbroverse before it became the Hasbroverse.
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904785)
Posted by Big Grim on August 16th, 2017 @ 7:22pm CDT
Gonna have tae see if my funds can stretch tae this!
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904789)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2017 @ 7:52pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:Gonna have tae see if my funds can stretch tae this!

I was considering it myself, if only to have a complete collection of pre-DOOP IDW under my belt; but the £20 price point is making it a bit of a stretch... :-?

Also, anyone else find it odd that GI Joe vs. The Transformers #0 is there, but nothing else from that maxi? A single live-action volume - Nefarious - being on its own is odd too, but at least that's, you know, a whole self-contained volume.
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904794)
Posted by WreckerJack on August 16th, 2017 @ 8:27pm CDT
I always prefer paper comics but I am also a sucker for these :P
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904808)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2017 @ 9:28pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:I always prefer paper comics but I am also a sucker for these :P

The way I see it, they tide me over until I have enough money for the more expensive physical copies. That way I have some copy of the comics I love and am in some way giving money to them :)
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904814)
Posted by WreckerJack on August 16th, 2017 @ 10:06pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

Yeah same. My tech often hates me so I prefer solid copies.
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904827)
Posted by King Kuuga on August 16th, 2017 @ 11:02pm CDT
Honestly I'm more of a read it once kind of guy, with rare exceptions, but I also like having it there in case I do want to reread. I prefer physical but this works out well enough and it's a great price.
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904856)
Posted by ScottyP on August 17th, 2017 @ 7:57am CDT
Don't forget to click "choose where the money goes" right around where you input your email. If you don't do that it's only a negligible amount going to charity.
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904903)
Posted by King Kuuga on August 17th, 2017 @ 11:46am CDT
Personally I always like to do a nice even split.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #240 - Ramping Up
"Ramping Up"
Posted: Sunday, February 9th, 2020

Buy "Takara Transformers United UN24 Warpath Generations Deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Megatron (Hasbro 1999) Transmetals 2 Gigatron RID" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron SMOKESCREEN Complete WFC Generations Select" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers 630509396436 Combiner Wars Victorion Robot Soft Vinyl Doll" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Universe Classic Deluxe Class: Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Autobot Bumblebee Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS06 Deluxe Smokescreen Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rodimus (Hot Rod) G1 Generations Classics RID Deluxe Complete" on EBAY