IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe

Transformers News: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe

Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 4:27PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 13,308

Charity website Humble Bundle has once again delivered on giving Transformers fans a great deal on Transformers comics today as they're rolling out a bundle of IDW comics featuring both Transformers and G.I. Joe! If you're the type to not like crossovers of the two though, no worries; as that's not the focus of this -- in fact there seems to be rather little focus, with comics ranging from the main IDW Generation 1 continuity (with the likes of More Than Meets The Eye and Till All Are One) to the Live-Action IDW comics to the Regeneration One maxi-series! This does mean that if you've been wanting to dip your toes into some of IDW's Transformers material but you didn't know where to start or what universe to go for; this could be for you! And, just to make this more impressive; the full thing is a whopping $741 worth of digital comics for only $25 -- and proceeds go to the Hasbro's Children Fund! Check out the list of which Transformers comics are in the Humble Bundle below, then click the image to buy some of the bundle if you like and tell us if you did in the forums!

$1 or more

- The Transformers: The IDW Collection, Vol. 2 - 4
- Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 1

$25 or more
- The Transformers: The IDW Collection, Vol. 5 - 8
- Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 2 - 4

Transformers News: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904749)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2017 @ 4:29pm CDT
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this might just be the biggest IDW Transformers humble bundle yet. I'm actually not entirely sure if it misses anything from the main G1 continuity, and it throws in some other IDW TF and GI Joe stuff on top of all that! This is bloody the hell huge.

edit: just checked, and it includes everything before Death of Optimus Prime and almost everything before Dark Cybertron. It then also includes Combiner Wars, the Autocracy trilogy, Salvation, and almost all the Windblade comics (bar the last three issues of TAAO). And then it includes all 7 volumes of the IDW GI Joe collection, which - as far as I can tell from a few google searches - includes all the main IDW GI Joe continuity comics before Revolution.

So... yeah. This is a pretty awesome bundle for fans of the Hasbroverse before it became the Hasbroverse.
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904785)
Posted by Big Grim on August 16th, 2017 @ 7:22pm CDT
Gonna have tae see if my funds can stretch tae this!
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904789)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2017 @ 7:52pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:Gonna have tae see if my funds can stretch tae this!

I was considering it myself, if only to have a complete collection of pre-DOOP IDW under my belt; but the £20 price point is making it a bit of a stretch... :-?

Also, anyone else find it odd that GI Joe vs. The Transformers #0 is there, but nothing else from that maxi? A single live-action volume - Nefarious - being on its own is odd too, but at least that's, you know, a whole self-contained volume.
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904794)
Posted by WreckerJack on August 16th, 2017 @ 8:27pm CDT
I always prefer paper comics but I am also a sucker for these :P
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904808)
Posted by Kurona on August 16th, 2017 @ 9:28pm CDT
WreckerJack wrote:I always prefer paper comics but I am also a sucker for these :P

The way I see it, they tide me over until I have enough money for the more expensive physical copies. That way I have some copy of the comics I love and am in some way giving money to them :)
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904814)
Posted by WreckerJack on August 16th, 2017 @ 10:06pm CDT
Kurona wrote:

Yeah same. My tech often hates me so I prefer solid copies.
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904827)
Posted by King Kuuga on August 16th, 2017 @ 11:02pm CDT
Honestly I'm more of a read it once kind of guy, with rare exceptions, but I also like having it there in case I do want to reread. I prefer physical but this works out well enough and it's a great price.
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904856)
Posted by ScottyP on August 17th, 2017 @ 7:57am CDT
Don't forget to click "choose where the money goes" right around where you input your email. If you don't do that it's only a negligible amount going to charity.
Re: IDW Publishing Humble Bundle - Transformers and G.I. Joe (1904903)
Posted by King Kuuga on August 17th, 2017 @ 11:46am CDT
Personally I always like to do a nice even split.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-08 Terrorcon Cliffjumper MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Loose Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Impactor figure" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee First Edition 100% Complete Deluxe Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG Card Game Wave 4 (Siege 2) SRT General Optimus Prime With Cards" on EBAY
Buy "SLAPPYHAPPY Transformers BotBots Series 1 Backpack Bunch 2019 Slappy Happy Ruler" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Mighty Mugg from 2009 SDCC" on EBAY
Buy "NO SWORD Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ultimate Dragon Assault Optimus Prime" on EBAY