IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing

IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 1:54am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 18,937

In other IDW comics news, we have a new listing on online retailer Amazon.com for the Tom Scioli and John Barber series Transformers vs G.I. Joe, collected in a new, oversized The Quintessential Collection! The new edition probably adds some extras too, bulking it up to 420 pages and $49.99, and might explain all the recent Scioli Twitter activity featuring Cybertronian art. Due for release in March 2017, check out more info below on this oversized hardcover book!

Earth makes contact with an alien race–and G.I. JOE is on the front lines! But, when the Transformers arrive–well, let’s just say you’ve never seen Transformers vs G.I. JOE like this! This oversized deluxe hardcover collects all 13 issues, including commentary and extras by creators Tom Scioli and John Barber!

Credit(s): Amazon.com

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1829368)
Posted by Microraptor on September 29th, 2016 @ 6:45am CDT
More like the QuintessSONessetial amiright!?
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1829375)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 29th, 2016 @ 6:58am CDT
Yooooo that is awesome! The series was designed for an Absolute Edition!
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1829391)
Posted by jogunwarrior on September 29th, 2016 @ 8:14am CDT
If someone were to pay me $49.99, I would probably read this.
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1831337)
Posted by Va'al on October 7th, 2016 @ 2:01am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1856935)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 12:47pm CST

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1856937)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 12:50pm CST
Please, I await all the fanrage. It nourishes me. :michaelbay:
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1856943)
Posted by o.supreme on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:21pm CST
No fanrage, it did remind me though that I have to unload the comics of this series I previously collected. If anyone wants the complete series (Issues #0-13), plus 2 SDCC exclusive covers of #1, plus a couple of duplicates of other issues, PM me $70.00 USD -That is retail price, just looking to make back what the comics cost me, at no profit to myself. In fact I probably stand to lose a little because I'm willing to pay for shipping.
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1856947)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:29pm CST
o.supreme wrote:No fanrage

Aw. :-(
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1856950)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 3rd, 2017 @ 1:39pm CST
I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1856960)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 2:13pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?

Faking sucks all the fun out of it.

I have chosen all my words intentionally.
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1856975)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 3rd, 2017 @ 3:00pm CST
Va'al wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?

Faking sucks all the fun out of it.

I have chosen all my words intentionally.

My stimulation is indistinguishable from reality. [-(
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1856991)
Posted by Va'al on February 3rd, 2017 @ 3:47pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
Va'al wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm in, sounds insane enough to be awesome.

I could possible simulate some fan rage if you wanted?

Faking sucks all the fun out of it.

I have chosen all my words intentionally.

My stimulation is indistinguishable from reality. [-(

Good placing of that T. ;)
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1857030)
Posted by Cobotron on February 3rd, 2017 @ 6:45pm CST
I've never been more excited for more of something I thought there wouldn't be any more of.
The greatest comic book experience I've had in years! And now it's a MOVIE!

But not really a movie, but a comic book adaptation of a movie about a comic that really is about a movie that never was.

Didja get all that? ;)
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1857071)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 4th, 2017 @ 12:31am CST
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1857111)
Posted by shauyaun on February 4th, 2017 @ 9:49am CST
Va'al wrote:IDW Publishing have started promoting some of their upcoming books, and caught in said promotion is the new project by visionary comics creator Tom Scioli, of the Transformers vs G.I. Joe limited series: the comic book adaptation of a movie that never was - Transformers vs G.I. Joe The Movie! The Comic Book Adaptation of a Movie Version of a Comic Book (Seriously) You Never Knew You Needed will be out in March 2017.

Ok so it's a comic book?
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1857159)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 4th, 2017 @ 1:32pm CST
a comic book where every human has a skin condition judging by the cover :O

I'm still not sure how I felt about reading that series. It was... unique... interesting... but I don't know if I enjoyed it. I respect that it exists and that's that I suppose.
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1860570)
Posted by Va'al on February 18th, 2017 @ 3:29am CST
We've covered this upcoming book previously, and its bizarre slogans, but we now also have the variant cover by Robb Waters for Tom Scioli's Transformers vs G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation One Shot! Courtesy of Previews world, mirrored below, featuring Cobra, Joes, and assorted Cybertronians.

TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE MOVIE ADAPTATION
(W) Tom Scioli (A) Tom Scioli (CA) Robb Waters
Imagine a world where the greatest comic book crossover of all time inspires a movie adaptation... and that movie adaptation inspires its own comic book! Visionary writer-artist Tom Scioli returns to the weird world of Transformers vs. G.I. Joe and brings an even weirder twist to this new story: what would the comic book adaptation of the movie version of the comic book look like? It's time to find out in the most epic, scintillating, off-the-wall, exciting comic of 2017!

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1860620)
Posted by triKlops on February 18th, 2017 @ 11:37am CST
I was gonna pick this up anyway so the variant would be a nice addition; cover came out fresh!
Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1865349)
Posted by Kurona on March 9th, 2017 @ 9:52am CST
Just started and finished the whole series.

I am really not sure how I feel about it. It's very obviously tongue-and-cheek and just a load of fun and ridiculousness for the heck of it; and I love that, but... I do wonder if it goes a bit far? Like, to the point I'm just so extremely confused I can't quite get into it. There were moments I was in love, moments I was confused, but most of the time I was stuck in a limbo where I didn't know which one I should be. It was an experience, I can say that much.

Also, for some reason these two panels are absolutely hilarious to me. I'm not even gonna try explaining how, I just can't help laughing whenever I look at them.

Re: IDW Transformers vs. G.I. Joe: The Quintessential Collection Listing (1867610)
Posted by ScottyP on March 18th, 2017 @ 4:01pm CDT
Continuing our coverage of NC Comicon 2017 (you can read our summary of the Transformers comics panel hosted by John Barber here), we bring you news that the Transformers vs. G.I. Joe The Movie Adaptation one-shot has been released at the convention, with an exclusive convention cover! This is a few days early, with the book expected to be available at your local comic shop and online this upcoming Wednesday, March 22nd.

We've mirrored an image of the exclusive cover below for your viewing pleasure.

Let your fellow Seibertronians know how excited you are for this book (of course you are, right?) by replying to this post, and keep it here on Seibertron.com for continuing coverage of anything you need to know from the 2017 NC Comicon.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY