Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp

Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp

Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 6:00am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Collectables
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 18,825

Greetings Seibertronians! An interesting new item has been found on the Japanese Amazon site that may get the attention of Beast Wars fans! A listing has been found for a Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations mook (a magazine designed to have a longer shelf life then other magazines, mook is a portmanteau of magazine and book). So far there isn't any cover pictures and only the description to go on.

Transformers News: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp

Here is a machine translation of the product description:

Amazon wrote:Transformer Beast Wars Beast Generation (Hobby Japan MOOK1043)

The world's first mook that summarizes the "Beast Wars" series, which recorded a big hit with a novel gimmick that animals "transform" into robots instead of cars and airplanes from the deformed toy series "Transformers" which is still popular worldwide Appeared.
Introducing successive domestic and foreign items developed from "Beast Wars: Transformers of Super Life" in 1997 to "Beast Wars: Transformers of Super Life" in 2004 with new shooting.
In addition, we will also record valuable existing materials and developer interviews.

The title is due to be released on December 3rd, 2020.

Will you be getting this? Do you think there may be further Kingdom teases within it? Or even a glimpse at the rumored MP Rattrap? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Amazon.jp

Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2083815)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 14th, 2020 @ 9:49am CDT
The 2004 bit is in regards to Beast Wars Returns (Beast Machines) since Japan didn't get that series until that year.
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084674)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 20th, 2020 @ 8:02am CDT
Greetings Seibertronians! Following from the reveal of the Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook, a user by the name of Liumeiwang from the Chinese social media site, Weibo has posted 16 pages from the mook and breakdown of the content featured. Be advised though this their post has been machine translated and thus, is not reliable.

Liumeiwang wrote:The
Japanese version of " Beast Generations" "Monthly Hobby Japan" is a column serialized between January and August of 2020. It describes all aspects of the Beast Wars series from 8 topics.
The first round: the initiation of the Beast War; the
second round: the Convoy; the
third round: the poisonous spider; the
fourth round: the difficult metamorphosis; the
fifth round: the Japanese beast; the
sixth round : The Return of the Beast War; Chapter
Seven: Questionnaire for TF Group Staff of TT;
Final Chapter : Mecha Sergeant.
In the final time, it was announced that there was a plan to release an increased volume of "Beast Generation" (refer to "Transformers Generation" (commonly known as Transformers Encyclopedia) series).

From the images it looks like it'll be covering Car Robots as well as the various Beast Wars series.

What do you think of these? Will you be preordering? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084676)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 20th, 2020 @ 8:41am CDT
I spy a random animorph in there =P
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084677)
Posted by angtre on October 20th, 2020 @ 8:57am CDT
I was just wondering who the intruder was, thank you!
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084680)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2020 @ 9:55am CDT
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084685)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 20th, 2020 @ 10:17am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Oh man, this mook is covering way more than I was expecting. I know it's not likely to happen, but it's enough to really make me wish that this would get an English version, even one that still focused on the Japanese side of things.

I'm the same, though at least the pictures will look good :lol:
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084689)
Posted by o.supreme on October 20th, 2020 @ 10:27am CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:I spy a random animorph in there =P

Is that was that nightmarish thing is to the left of the Diver/Niagra set? I asked on another forum yesterday, but I guess it got buried. I only remember the few kids/animals Animorph toys, nothing like that. My kids actually watched the show when it was on Netflix a few years back. I fully admit it was desperate on Hasbro's part to slap the TF brand on Animorphs. In the end it didn't really help, but I guess it probably didn't hurt either. Were they actually released in Japan? Or is this book just trying to cover everything from that time period?
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084694)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 20th, 2020 @ 10:39am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:I spy a random animorph in there =P

ya, that is the main villain, whos name I had to google to remember (visser three). thats the Mega version, which had 3 modes.* edit: looking closer that is not the mega, that is the smaller figure. I forgot that the mega version was skittles colored. Technically, one of the few decent toys from the line. Though they did set the bar pretty low. I liked the trex trio, and the mega scale tobias is easily one of the best bird transformers ever made imho, except for his floppy falls off hands.

as for them in Japan, idk. I know according to the afore mentioned google search, there are 2 toys that are listed as non U.S. only.
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084696)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2020 @ 10:43am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:I spy a random animorph in there =P

I think it's covering everything. There's a lot of Hasbro-only stuff in the above pics as well as Takara stuff.

As for the Animorphs line, the human toys were bad. Very bad. Which is why I only got the four non-human toys that changed from aliens into monsters:
  • Mega class Ax/Scorpion
  • Mega class Visser Three/Inferno Creature
  • Ultra class triple changer Visser Three/Inferno Beast/Hork-Bajir
  • And even the uber-rare European-only Deluxe class Taxxon/Alien

Their construction, engineering, molded details, and gradient coloring make them feel like lost Transmetal 2 toys.
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084702)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 20th, 2020 @ 10:47am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Immortal Starscream wrote:I spy a random animorph in there =P

• Mega class Ax/Scorpion
  • Mega class Visser Three/Inferno Creature
  • Ultra class triple changer Visser Three/Inferno Beast/Hork-Bajir
  • And even the uber-rare European-only Deluxe class Taxxon/Alien

Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084703)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2020 @ 10:52am CDT
Immortal Starscream wrote:I still say retool this guy to have decent hands, a cool robot face, chest and crotch and you would have had an awesome beastwars figure. sadly, mine eventually broke, but he may still get a kitbash/repair job
Errgh, retool Tobias's chest and waist to lose the school clothes too.
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084705)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 20th, 2020 @ 10:58am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Errgh, retool Tobias's chest and waist to lose the school clothes too.

thats what I said =P make him into a completely new cybertronian character and just forget animorphs were ever a thing =P
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084735)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on October 20th, 2020 @ 1:56pm CDT
Those animorphs kinda remind me of beast machines noble/savage lol
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084900)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on October 21st, 2020 @ 1:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Image

:-?
Curious. To my eye, this guy seems to share some more overt engineering, tying it in with TM2 (and beyond?).

If this mook ever gets an English language release, I'd have the pre-order same day.
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084901)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 21st, 2020 @ 1:23pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Image

:-?
The Taxxon definitely has the same walking legs gimmick as the Megatron Megabolt mold, yes.
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084902)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on October 21st, 2020 @ 1:25pm CDT
Plus, the bipedal mode definitely has TM2 Scourge's legs.
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084905)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 21st, 2020 @ 1:29pm CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Plus, the bipedal mode definitely has TM2 Scourge's legs.
Sort of. The double knees can actually straighten out, unlike Scourge's legs.

The Taxxon's legs just look better bent like that since straightening them out looks more silly, what with how tiny and thin they are compared the rest of its much larger and bulky upper body, which would thus make it look like it's walking on sticks for legs.
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084907)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on October 21st, 2020 @ 1:40pm CDT
Oh I see, they straighten?? Silliness aside, it looks like the figure would be far too top heavy if that were the default.
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084939)
Posted by Grahf_ on October 21st, 2020 @ 8:49pm CDT
Razorbeast88 wrote:Those animorphs kinda remind me of beast machines noble/savage lol
The Beast Wars Mutants were cancelled Animorphs figures. Similar concept to Savage/Noble.
Re: Japanese Transformers Beast Wars Beast Generations Mook Listed On Amazon.jp (2084941)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on October 21st, 2020 @ 8:59pm CDT
Grahf_ wrote:

Makes sense! I appreciate the info!

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #262 - Generational Taxonomy
"Generational Taxonomy"
Posted: Sunday, October 25th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Insecticons 3-Pack (Bombshell, Kickback, Shrapnel)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Deluxe WFC-S37 Brunt Weaponizer" on EBAY
Buy "2018 Transformers Power Of The Primes Elita-1 MIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers dotm megatron incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES MPM-06 AUTOBOT IRONHIDE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 (shelf-wear)" on EBAY