Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service?

Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service?

Monday, December 1st, 2014 12:44pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 68,166

Fellow Seibertron user TransBat saw something strange while looking at his netflix Instant Queue and wanted to give a heads up to those fans who may have wanted to watch their Transformers related media on Netflix while they could.

I noticed this morning when I logged into Netflix and examined my Instant Queue, the Transformers G1, Transformers: Rescue Bots, Transformers Prime/Beast Hunters (although not the Predacons Rising movie), and other shows like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and JEM are scheduled to leave/expire on January 1, 2015.

I realize this could just be a tentative expiration date and a new contract could be negotiated with Hasbro/Netflix before the date arrives, but thought I'd provide a heads up.

TransBat is probably right in his deduction that this is just a tentative expiration date and that the rights to the show will be renewed. But you never know, and we wouldn't want fans to miss out on these shows if ever they truly are to be removed come January.

Credit(s): TransBat

This article was last modified on Monday, December 1st, 2014 1:47pm CST

Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626026)
Posted by TransBat on December 1st, 2014 @ 1:44pm CST
Just wanted to post a quick update - I logged back into my Netflix account just now, and the date for removal of the shows listed above is actually January 1, 2015, not January 15, 2015, as I originally reported. My apologies for the incorrect date! #-o
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626045)
Posted by durroth on December 1st, 2014 @ 2:27pm CST
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626084)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on December 1st, 2014 @ 3:35pm CST
durroth wrote:and if they DO end up removed come january... possible Hasbro streaming service?

There already is one. On Roku, anyway, I don't know if you can get it on other devices/computers.
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626107)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 1st, 2014 @ 4:38pm CST
go ahead. i do not use netflix
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626117)
Posted by jamesbenjamin on December 1st, 2014 @ 5:11pm CST
Optimum Supreme wrote:

Came in to post this. The Hasbro Channel on Roku even has stuff that is not available on Netflix.
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626126)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 1st, 2014 @ 5:25pm CST
What about Beast Wars?
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626144)
Posted by what0080 on December 1st, 2014 @ 6:50pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:What about Beast Wars?

Beast Wars, G1, Prime (save Predacons Rising) even G.I. Joe are all on the chopping block. So are Jem and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic if you care about that sort of thing...
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626146)
Posted by TransBat on December 1st, 2014 @ 6:51pm CST
Sabrblade - I didn't have Beast Wars on my list at the time, but adding it back to my Instant Queue for streaming also shows available until January 1, 2015. The only Transformers related item on my Instant Queue that doesn't have that available until date is the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising movie. GI Joe (G1/Original 1980's) and GI Joe Renegades also show the available until January 1, 2015 date.

It's curious that the only place I can see this listing is for these items in my queue, or if I'm browsing through recommendations/categories, it places the message below the thumbnail cover for the show. If I recall correctly, normally the show's main info page also shows an available until "X" date if a contract renewal hasn't been reached, or a show is just being removed.
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626148)
Posted by TransBat on December 1st, 2014 @ 6:53pm CST
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626152)
Posted by jamesbenjamin on December 1st, 2014 @ 7:13pm CST
TransBat wrote:I was unaware of this "Hasbro Streaming Channel" or service. Is this something that can be found or subscribed to via an app on Android or iOS, or is it Roku only? Or is this service something that ties into having a certain Cable/Satellite package?

I have an iphone, a kindle (android-ish) and a roku, I've only found it on roku. They also have a Henson channel, and other assorted weird things that all appear to have the same backend, so it may be something Roku made then content providers just plop in their content.
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626219)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on December 1st, 2014 @ 11:59pm CST
IS not new... Netflix is seasonal, they had transformers DOTM before and removed, as well as many other shows and movies, nothing is forever on Netflix.
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626478)
Posted by cyberformer on December 2nd, 2014 @ 4:04pm CST
I'm not seeing this anywhere on netflix are you in the middleUS?
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1626637)
Posted by TransBat on December 3rd, 2014 @ 5:31am CST
I'm on the East side of the US. My Instant Queue now shows the following shows available until January 1, 2015:
Transformers G1
Beast Wars
GI Joe
GI Joe Renegades

If you add any of these shows to your Watch Instant Queue or List, and view your list, it will have this date listed below the show's thumbnail icon.

The other shows originally listed when I sent in the news item no longer have an expiration listed.
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1630160)
Posted by what0080 on December 15th, 2014 @ 10:00am CST
To update: Of the Transformers series reported as being removed in the new year, only Beast Wars and G1 are still slated for removal.
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1630259)
Posted by mooncake623 on December 15th, 2014 @ 4:28pm CST
If you still haven't seen the original Transformers Generation 1 cartoon in it's entirety, now is the time to catch up! Unfortunately, according to an article on the Gothamist it looks like the Transformers Generation 1 cartoon (along with a handful of other shows) will no longer be available to stream on Netflix starting this January 1, 2015. Remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!

Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1630267)
Posted by Metroplexsmash on December 15th, 2014 @ 4:59pm CST
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1630269)
Posted by Metroplexsmash on December 15th, 2014 @ 4:59pm CST
Metroplexsmash wrote:This sucks I have watched this since I was a kid doesn't anybody who loves transformers watch it. They are going to take off transformers yet they are going to keep terrible shows like the original Spiderman, I mean that show has stuck with Netflix for two years. In my opinion this has made me not want to use Netflix for a long time the only show I can probably watch from my childhood is yugioh :BOT: :CON: :-x :BOOM:
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1630272)
Posted by Slashercon on December 15th, 2014 @ 5:13pm CST
I'm really mad that this is happening. Also ticked that Beverly Hills Cop, GI Joe: ARH and the Rocky movies are being taken off, as I had plans to watch those as well.
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1630274)
Posted by william-james88 on December 15th, 2014 @ 5:31pm CST
Its just a date set by contract. They can always renew it. It's like that for all cartoons on netflix.
Re: Netflix Removing Transformers from its Service? (1630275)
Posted by jamesbenjamin on December 15th, 2014 @ 5:42pm CST
If you have a Roku there's a free Hasbro channel that has all of the Transformers and GI Joe cartoons (including the Unicon Trilogy and Sigma Six).

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Mirage New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime New MIB Ultra Prime Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Twinferno - New and unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Weirdwolf Wolfwire + Headmaster Monxo deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return - Skytread - Titan Master - Hasbro 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War For Cybertron siege voyager Apeface" on EBAY