This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail

Transformers News: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail

Friday, February 25th, 2022 10:26AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 53,543

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

This is a surprising sighting. Not only is this the first sighting for the Transformers Micro Machine products, it is also the first time we learn of this particular product's existence. These are mystery playsets that unfold into 6 different sets that interconnect with one another, similar to the Pocket Playsets advertised by Blurr's voice actor John Moschitta Jr back in the day (you can see the ad for reference below). Each mini playset comes with a car.

Now there has been a lot of confusion online from people unaware of the distinction between Micro Machines and Micro Masters. Micro Machines are not a Transformers subline and never were. They are a different toy made of very tiny cars and playsets, not made by Hasbro (the Transformers products we are seeing and in this article are only licensed from Hasbro). Ownership of the brand has changed throughout the years but those miniature cars are still around today and they have already released many small cars, including a Chevrolet Camaro, which you can currently buy at Target or elsewhere. So for those wondering why start with the Bayverse looks, well some molds were already available.

The blind playsets seen below were found at a Target in California for $8.00 each and the sighting was posted by Autobase Aichi.

If any of you find them, please send us images and your reviews so we can post it and share these new products with the community!

Transformers News: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128155)
Posted by DeathReviews on February 25th, 2022 @ 11:23am CST
If they made these compatible/connectable with the WFC Earthrise modulators like Ironworks, that would be awesome, and give us something to do with those figures....
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128156)
Posted by SpaceEagle on February 25th, 2022 @ 11:42am CST
This looks very cute, maybe I'll check my local target to see if they're in stock yet.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128157)
Posted by o.supreme on February 25th, 2022 @ 12:20pm CST
I was just a bit too old to get into Micromachines when they came out initially, but I know they were amazingly popular. I did get some of the Star Wars themed MM later, especially those that focused on EU novels.

I'd like to see a review. I'd be more interested in MM of characters based on the original series as opposed to the Live Action movies, but we shall see how extensive this line gets. It might be fun.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128159)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on February 25th, 2022 @ 12:40pm CST
I "think" I see connectors to connect up to the WFC playsets based on the pictures of the advertised products.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128161)
Posted by DeathReviews on February 25th, 2022 @ 1:20pm CST
Black Bumblebee wrote:I "think" I see connectors to connect up to the WFC playsets based on the pictures of the advertised products.


Or, we're projecting what we really, really hope to be the case :)
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128167)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on February 25th, 2022 @ 2:51pm CST
I JUST found my old Micro Machines in my parents' basement, including the very same car wash as in the clip. My son thought they were cool...now to convince him these are even better so I get a chance to pick them up!
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128171)
Posted by william-james88 on February 25th, 2022 @ 3:25pm CST
DeathReviews wrote:
Black Bumblebee wrote:I "think" I see connectors to connect up to the WFC playsets based on the pictures of the advertised products.


Or, we're projecting what we really, really hope to be the case :)


Honestly, we can just put them next to eachother. While connecting is fun, it's sometimes cumbersome. I was trying to put a bunch of Earthrise bases together with my son and some just weren't really working out, so I just stuck them close together. We still had a blast (off!, we had 2 shuttle launches, a baby one and a big one)

o.supreme wrote:I was just a bit too old to get into Micromachines when they came out initially


They came out after Micro Masters or before? I'm curious as to which inspired the other.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128173)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 25th, 2022 @ 4:01pm CST
Micro Machines launched 1988 while micromasters debuted 1989
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128175)
Posted by Otaku-mus Prime on February 25th, 2022 @ 4:18pm CST
These remind me of the MM Travel City pocket playsets, only larger and more complex, so color me intrigued. I still have my pocket playsets. Anyone have the Heliport they want to sell me?

Anyway, it seems the included vehicle is random, but are the playsets themselves labeled, or is that "blind" also, because that would be a terrible idea!
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128176)
Posted by william-james88 on February 25th, 2022 @ 4:25pm CST
Otaku-mus Prime wrote:These remind me of the MM Travel City pocket playsets, only larger and more complex, so color me intrigued. I still have my pocket playsets. Anyone have the Heliport they want to sell me?

Anyway, it seems the included vehicle is random, but are the playsets themselves labeled, or is that "blind" also, because that would be a terrible idea!


The playsets are blindboxes themselves and not all are Transformers related
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128179)
Posted by Emerje on February 25th, 2022 @ 6:10pm CST
They are a different toy made of very tiny cars and playsets, not made by Hasbro (the Transformers products we are seeing and in this article are only licensed from Hasbro). Ownership of the brand has changed throughout the years but those miniature cars are still around today and they have already released many small cars, including a Chevrolet Camaro, which you can currently buy at Target or elsewhere.


I think there's a little confusion here or maybe the wording is just confusing since it seems to imply Hasbro doesn't own Micro Machines and Wikipedia definitely has their info wrong. Hasbro still owns Micro Machines and has since they bought Galoob in 1998. Jazzwares currently makes them under license from Hasbro. Hasbro copyright still show up on new images. On Amazon it says "MICRO MACHINES is used with permission. (c) 2021 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. Licensed by Hasbro" on regular Jazware's products. This makes the Transformers Micro Machines probably a very expensive pair of licenses for them, no wonder why they're starting out the line with easy cash grab blind boxes.

Emerje
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128181)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 25th, 2022 @ 6:44pm CST
This weirdly intrigues me, that Camaro set looks like fun
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128207)
Posted by william-james88 on February 25th, 2022 @ 8:57pm CST
Emerje wrote:
They are a different toy made of very tiny cars and playsets, not made by Hasbro (the Transformers products we are seeing and in this article are only licensed from Hasbro). Ownership of the brand has changed throughout the years but those miniature cars are still around today and they have already released many small cars, including a Chevrolet Camaro, which you can currently buy at Target or elsewhere.


I think there's a little confusion here or maybe the wording is just confusing since it seems to imply Hasbro doesn't own Micro Machines and Wikipedia definitely has their info wrong. Hasbro still owns Micro Machines and has since they bought Galoob in 1998. Jazzwares currently makes them under license from Hasbro. Hasbro copyright still show up on new images. On Amazon it says "MICRO MACHINES is used with permission. (c) 2021 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. Licensed by Hasbro" on regular Jazware's products. This makes the Transformers Micro Machines probably a very expensive pair of licenses for them, no wonder why they're starting out the line with easy cash grab blind boxes.

Emerje


Nothing is implied, just stating facts. Hasbro is not making these micro machines
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128218)
Posted by Shadowfire1998 on February 26th, 2022 @ 5:30am CST
Disappointed that we in the UK aren't getting these! :-( :-( :-(
:HASBRO:,WHY?!
Why do we have to miss out on these and the new Micro Machines whilst the rest of world will get them?! :evil:
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128232)
Posted by leokearon on February 26th, 2022 @ 11:16am CST
I know we are getting vehicles. I would love to see if we are getting robot figures as well
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128237)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2022 @ 11:42am CST
leokearon wrote:I know we are getting vehicles. I would love to see if we are getting robot figures as well


You will get them in the Jada line
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ore/46674/
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128238)
Posted by leokearon on February 26th, 2022 @ 11:46am CST
william-james88 wrote:
leokearon wrote:I know we are getting vehicles. I would love to see if we are getting robot figures as well


You will get them in the Jada line
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ore/46674/


Yeah, but they're Die cast not plastic like Micro Machine Mini-figs
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128248)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2022 @ 2:40pm CST
leokearon wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
leokearon wrote:I know we are getting vehicles. I would love to see if we are getting robot figures as well


You will get them in the Jada line
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... ore/46674/


Yeah, but they're Die cast not plastic like Micro Machine Mini-figs


I see
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128257)
Posted by Emerje on February 26th, 2022 @ 4:38pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
They are a different toy made of very tiny cars and playsets, not made by Hasbro (the Transformers products we are seeing and in this article are only licensed from Hasbro). Ownership of the brand has changed throughout the years but those miniature cars are still around today and they have already released many small cars, including a Chevrolet Camaro, which you can currently buy at Target or elsewhere.


I think there's a little confusion here or maybe the wording is just confusing since it seems to imply Hasbro doesn't own Micro Machines and Wikipedia definitely has their info wrong. Hasbro still owns Micro Machines and has since they bought Galoob in 1998. Jazzwares currently makes them under license from Hasbro. Hasbro copyright still show up on new images. On Amazon it says "MICRO MACHINES is used with permission. (c) 2021 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. Licensed by Hasbro" on regular Jazware's products. This makes the Transformers Micro Machines probably a very expensive pair of licenses for them, no wonder why they're starting out the line with easy cash grab blind boxes.

Emerje


Nothing is implied, just stating facts. Hasbro is not making these micro machines

Right, but saying "Ownership of the brand has changed throughout the years" implies multiple changes since Hasbro bought Galoob in '98.

Emerje
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128266)
Posted by william-james88 on February 26th, 2022 @ 7:53pm CST
Emerje wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Emerje wrote:
They are a different toy made of very tiny cars and playsets, not made by Hasbro (the Transformers products we are seeing and in this article are only licensed from Hasbro). Ownership of the brand has changed throughout the years but those miniature cars are still around today and they have already released many small cars, including a Chevrolet Camaro, which you can currently buy at Target or elsewhere.


I think there's a little confusion here or maybe the wording is just confusing since it seems to imply Hasbro doesn't own Micro Machines and Wikipedia definitely has their info wrong. Hasbro still owns Micro Machines and has since they bought Galoob in 1998. Jazzwares currently makes them under license from Hasbro. Hasbro copyright still show up on new images. On Amazon it says "MICRO MACHINES is used with permission. (c) 2021 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved. Licensed by Hasbro" on regular Jazware's products. This makes the Transformers Micro Machines probably a very expensive pair of licenses for them, no wonder why they're starting out the line with easy cash grab blind boxes.

Emerje


Nothing is implied, just stating facts. Hasbro is not making these micro machines

Right, but saying "Ownership of the brand has changed throughout the years" implies multiple changes since Hasbro bought Galoob in '98.

Emerje


Why? It was with Galoob and now it isn't because ownership of the brand has changed since then. Maybe it's because english is a second language for me but I don't see anything incorrect in what is written.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128285)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 27th, 2022 @ 4:40am CST
The only micro machine transformer I want is G1 Blurr, advertised by the same actor that played him in the movie...if you know what zi mean. That advert would complete the circle...
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128316)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on February 27th, 2022 @ 5:38pm CST
Did I read correctly? The playsets are blind boxed AND they're a mix of regular and Transformers-themed sets? I've kinda lost a little interest in this now since I'd only want the Transformer ones.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128327)
Posted by Emerje on February 27th, 2022 @ 6:47pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Why? It was with Galoob and now it isn't because ownership of the brand has changed since then. Maybe it's because english is a second language for me but I don't see anything incorrect in what is written.

It probably is an English thing. "Throughout the years" always indicates something happening multiple times, you wouldn't ever use it for something that happened one time unless you specifically say it happened one time. It has been with multiple companies, two (and a licensee), but the subject of the phrase was the ownership and that only changed once without saying so. Saying "ownership changed once over the years" would have worked, but it would have made the rest of the sentence awkward.

English is fun! :lol:

Emerje
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128332)
Posted by william-james88 on February 27th, 2022 @ 7:36pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Did I read correctly? The playsets are blind boxed AND they're a mix of regular and Transformers-themed sets? I've kinda lost a little interest in this now since I'd only want the Transformer ones.


You read correctly
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128395)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 28th, 2022 @ 11:57pm CST
TFW2005 user MountainSound bought a couple of the blind packs and revealed some secrets: the packs are labeled with a letter on that bottom that indicates the set piece and the options for vehicles that can be inside. While not all of them are Transformers, a few of the kits are guaranteed to have one:
A044148F-F658-4F0D-AEED-A60B18A3601B.jpeg
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128398)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 1st, 2022 @ 2:35am CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:TFW2005 user MountainSound bought a couple of the blind packs and revealed some secrets: the packs are labeled with a letter on that bottom that indicates the set piece and the options for vehicles that can be inside. While not all of them are Transformers, a few of the kits are guaranteed to have one:
A044148F-F658-4F0D-AEED-A60B18A3601B.jpeg

So even micro machines Optimus gets a Nemesis Prime repaint :lol:
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128438)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 1st, 2022 @ 5:17pm CST
Will these vehicles be released separately at some point? I'd hate to be stuck buying two of the same set to get both cars. At least we have some idea of how to find the cars and which set is which.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128460)
Posted by william-james88 on March 1st, 2022 @ 10:00pm CST
A fan bought one of the new Transformers Micro Machines Mystery Packs and we now have a much better idea of what these packs entail. Firstly, while there are 6 possible sets, each set can come with 1 of 2 possible vehicles. In the end, you have a 50/50 chance of getting a Transformers themed vehicle in your mystery pack since 6 of the twelve are Transformers. The sets have codes at the bottom of the package so you can figure out which one you are getting. Below are the codes along with images, all from MountainSound who posted it on the TFW2005 boards.

1A 01 (Adventure Racing Truck)
IA 02 (Cliffjumper)
1B 01 (Prime)
1B 02 (ROTF Megatron)
2A 01 (Food Truck)
2A 02 (19 BMW M6)
2B 01 (Nemesis Prime)
2B 02 (Sideswipe)
3A 01 (Private Jet)
3A 02 (Starscream)
3B 01 (19 BMW M6 again)
3B 02 (Bugatti)

Image

Image
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128462)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 1st, 2022 @ 10:41pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Will these vehicles be released separately at some point? I'd hate to be stuck buying two of the same set to get both cars. At least we have some idea of how to find the cars and which set is which.

I'm not as sure about repaints like Cliffjumper and Nemesis Prime, but I'm sure we'll see Prime, Megatron, Starscream, and Sideswipe released separately.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128468)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 2nd, 2022 @ 1:12am CST
RANDOM? That's just killed what little interest I had for these.

Easy pass.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128469)
Posted by leokearon on March 2nd, 2022 @ 1:29am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Will these vehicles be released separately at some point? I'd hate to be stuck buying two of the same set to get both cars. At least we have some idea of how to find the cars and which set is which.


They will probably be released in the multipacks are some point if the follow the previous Micro Machines formula
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128492)
Posted by Crillan on March 2nd, 2022 @ 2:38pm CST
primalxconvoy wrote:RANDOM? That's just killed what little interest I had for these.

Easy pass.


If you use the codes from the article, you should be able to pick the sets you want from the display. Assuming you can see the codes.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128495)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 2nd, 2022 @ 2:47pm CST
Crillan wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:RANDOM? That's just killed what little interest I had for these.

Easy pass.


If you use the codes from the article, you should be able to pick the sets you want from the display. Assuming you can see the codes.


That's good to know, thanks. Has anyone got any feedback as to if this works?
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128496)
Posted by DeathReviews on March 2nd, 2022 @ 3:12pm CST
I can see maybe picking up one or two, just to try and pad out the ER modulators. Even if they don't properly connect, they at least look the same scale....
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128577)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on March 5th, 2022 @ 4:57pm CST
primalxconvoy wrote:RANDOM? That's just killed what little interest I had for these.

Easy pass.



>:oP :VEHI:
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128578)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 5th, 2022 @ 5:04pm CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:RANDOM? That's just killed what little interest I had for these.

Easy pass.



>:oP :VEHI:


I think I get the coffee emoji ("cool story bro", right?), but the Vehicon logo reference eludes me.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128791)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on March 11th, 2022 @ 9:10am CST
From u/tardis96d on Reddit, we got more pictures of the Transformers micro machines in the new blind boxes- turns out all the ones in these boxes are variants of some kind. Prime is molded in transparent blue plastic, Megatron has sand weathering and purple details, and Starscream has some red and blue details on him.
E5CAFC89-CEC9-48A6-920E-0237C3A6AD73.jpeg


https://www.reddit.com/r/transformers/c ... eyre_neat/
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128795)
Posted by leokearon on March 11th, 2022 @ 10:31am CST
Well I know I'll be hunting that Starscream it looks great
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128841)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on March 12th, 2022 @ 7:51pm CST
Any idea where these would be located in a store, the same isle as Hot Wheels perhaps?
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128850)
Posted by Emerje on March 12th, 2022 @ 11:35pm CST
That Micromachine is basically a mix of the Energon G1 deco and Voyager movie G1 deco.

Image
Image

I'd take a SS figure in these colors.

Emerje
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128888)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 13th, 2022 @ 3:47pm CDT
Thanks to a heads up from EvasionModeBumblebee, we have news that u/tardis96d on Reddit managed to snag a couple of the newest Micro Machines blind pack sets, which included 3 of the actual Transformers characters. What is interesting to note is that, compared to previous Micro Machine shots we had, these blind packs appear to be variants. The 3 this user managed to snag were Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream. All 3 are based on their Revenge of the Fallen vehicle modes, but Optimus is made of translucent plastic, Megatron has a sand spray deco, and Starscream appears to be painted in a G1 paint style that pretty closely matches his Transformers Energon appearance.

Check out the images below, and let us know if you pick some of these up in the comments section below!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128890)
Posted by cloudballoon on March 13th, 2022 @ 4:21pm CDT
The buildable base pieces looks more fun than the Micro Machines.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128891)
Posted by Davidmills3060 on March 13th, 2022 @ 4:41pm CDT
Wow! I'm famous
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128895)
Posted by Davidmills3060 on March 13th, 2022 @ 5:11pm CDT
Before I forget, these were found at the Millerville Target in Baton Rouge.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128898)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 13th, 2022 @ 5:34pm CDT
I wonder... Would these Micromachines be in scale with the Ark is spaceship mode?
Maybe a bit too big, but it may looks right still.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128905)
Posted by TAAO on March 13th, 2022 @ 7:44pm CDT
Just out of curiosity, but what was Hasbro thinking when they were designing the sets? Why wouldn't they have made the boxes cross-compatible and connectable to the Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom figures? I mean they're taking their own IP's and doing nothing to cross sell? Kind of a missed opportunity if you ask me. (But I know no one is.)
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128907)
Posted by cloudballoon on March 13th, 2022 @ 10:17pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I wonder... Would these Micromachines be in scale with the Ark is spaceship mode?
Maybe a bit too big, but it may looks right still.


Well, if you judge by the red OP figure the size of a grain of rice that came with the Titan Class Kingdom Ark, no way these are in scale. But if you're talking about the DOTM Cyberverse Ark way back when then probably a Yes.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128908)
Posted by cloudballoon on March 13th, 2022 @ 10:30pm CDT
TAAO wrote:Just out of curiosity, but what was Hasbro thinking when they were designing the sets? Why wouldn't they have made the boxes cross-compatible and connectable to the Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom figures? I mean they're taking their own IP's and doing nothing to cross sell? Kind of a missed opportunity if you ask me. (But I know no one is.)


I thought the same. But I have no familiarity with Micro Machines at all so just wild guesses.

Maybe it's already an established connecting configuration with other MM playsets? Something that they're just starting to have for MM "blind" boxes that work as a "build your own base" pieces that get people hooked on building bigger bases (great idea BTW if that's so)? Or something having to do with patent?

I'm curious of the idea behind the base pieces than the TF figures. Hope some enlightening can be revealed by Hasbro in the future.

The OP MM looks great. I might get some if I chance upon these at retail just for curiosity sake (who am I kidding? Honestly it's to feed my plastic TF toy addiction, 8-} ).
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128912)
Posted by william-james88 on March 13th, 2022 @ 11:25pm CDT
TAAO wrote:Just out of curiosity, but what was Hasbro thinking when they were designing the sets? Why wouldn't they have made the boxes cross-compatible and connectable to the Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom figures? I mean they're taking their own IP's and doing nothing to cross sell? Kind of a missed opportunity if you ask me. (But I know no one is.)

They thought nothing because Hasbro did not make these sets. They are licensed only. Micro Machines already has their own pre existing connector system, so they kept it.
Re: Never Before Seen Transformers Micro Machines Playsets Found at US Retail (2128927)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on March 14th, 2022 @ 10:11am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
TAAO wrote:Just out of curiosity, but what was Hasbro thinking when they were designing the sets? Why wouldn't they have made the boxes cross-compatible and connectable to the Siege, Earthrise and Kingdom figures? I mean they're taking their own IP's and doing nothing to cross sell? Kind of a missed opportunity if you ask me. (But I know no one is.)

They thought nothing because Hasbro did not make these sets. They are licensed only. Micro Machines already has their own pre existing connector system, so they kept it.

Exactly. In this case, both the Micro Machines and Transformers brands are licensed to Jazwares who actually produce these toys.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #3 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926U"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Protectobot ROOK Transformers Generations Combiner Wars IDW pack-in comic book"
Protectobot ROOK T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCOURGE Transformers Generations Deluxe complete Hasbro 2010 230903A"
SCOURGE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon WING (RIGHT SHOULDER) Transformers Titans Return part accs 230817F"
Trypticon WING (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230809A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD + FUROS Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete + more 2016 231208X"
HARDHEAD + FUROS T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOTORMASTER Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager complete Menasor 2015 230903A"
MOTORMASTER Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SERGEANT KUP + FLINTLOCK Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2017 231208Y"
SERGEANT KUP + FLI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230920A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #347 - Swooped In
Twincast / Podcast #347:
"Swooped In"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Team Combiner Menasor, 8.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON