Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live

Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed;  Preorders Live

Tuesday, May 25th, 2021 5:15pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Press Releases, Collectables
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 43,953

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

He's been an open "secret" for a while now, having had pictures leaked since at least last week. But now, Artfire has been officially revealed! Thanks to Hasbro for the information and pictures. Artfire was a Japanese-exclusive Targetmaster who came with his partner Nightstick, in the Headmasters toyline. Just as he did then, Artfire is due to be released in the Generations Selects line with Nightstick, in late summer/early fall.

Transformers: Generations Selects Voyager WFC-GS26 Artfire and Nightstick

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $34.99 / Available: September 1, 2021)

This ARTFIRE figure is inspired by the original 1987 TARGETMASTER figure and comes with his TARGETMASTER partner, NIGHTSTICK, like in the original release. Fans can attach the blast effects to the NIGHTSTICK figure in blaster mode, and the ARTFIRE firetruck mode features an extendable ladder that can be ratcheted to different angles. The WFC-GS26 Voyager ARTFIRE figure stands at 7 inches tall, converts from robot mode to firetruck mode in 18 steps, and comes with shoulder blaster, blaster and 2 removable fire hose accessories, plus 4 blast effects.

 

Fans can take their TRANSFORMERS figure collections to the next level with Generations Selects, a fan-dedicated line of figures featuring fan-favorite, special edition characters you can’t find in the main line (each sold separately, subject to availability). Available at most major toy retailers and for pre-order on Entertainment Earth beginning May 25, 2021 at 1PM ET



Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed;  Preorders Live

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed;  Preorders Live

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed;  Preorders Live

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed;  Preorders Live

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed;  Preorders Live

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed;  Preorders Live

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed;  Preorders Live

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed;  Preorders Live

Preorders are live and available at our usual site sponsors, so get your order in for Artfire today! Are you excited to add him to your collection? Let us know what you think below!

Credit(s): Hasbro


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105602)
Posted by Betenoire on May 25th, 2021 @ 5:26pm CDT
Got to love when the PR people don't remember their own previous releases, such as about a price increase, and so release a PR piece that is already incorrect as they don't adjust the price.

And because of the price I am not certain I will get Artfire as I already have Grapple and Inferno and my connection to this character is pretty close to non-existent.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105604)
Posted by Nemesis Reformatted on May 25th, 2021 @ 5:33pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:Yay, Artfire, an interesting one from this mold finally! I wasn't expecting him to come with his Targetmaster, so the fact that he does is a welcome surprise even if I'm not that attached to him having to have it. Getting blast effects with him is certainly a nice bonus. This is probably a decent indication he may be available on Friday, I would HOPE finally as a return to Selects actually being immediately in stock again like they use to be but he'll probably be yet another preorder for October/November since that's all that happens these days. Cool to see him nonetheless.

Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Wait, how is artfire "lazy" when inferno has no deco, he's just a red robot :roll:


Some people expect Super Megatron levels of "repainting" each times I guess?
To some, redecos of any kind are "lazy" because "We could have gotten another character in a whole new mold instead!" >:oP
They said that they find Hauler to be a good repaint but not Artfire, so I'm assuming their issue is that Artfire is still partially the same color as Inferno...but saying the only use of the mold who isn't just one solid color is lazy is still a weird take.


Oh c'mon man! You can't paint 1 part of a figure a different color & say "Hey look! I just made a totally new character!"

I mean, seriously! What if I took a Megatron figure & painted his arm pink & posted it in the customs forum? And then tried to pass it off as a totally new character? Or if I took an Arcee figure & painted her crotch yellow? You would say that I need to have my head examined. But because they made Artfire "official", that changes everything. Now it's somehow different. And now you're eager to blow money on another Inferno figure. If Artfire didn't exist & I painted Inferno's chest white & tried to change his name, you'd laugh at me & say I was crazy. 8-}

Hauler can pass for a different character. Or at the very least, a G2 or Shattered Glass Grapple. Artfire just looks like Inferno. Except now he's wearing some kind of combat vest.

Buster & Hydra are 2 more examples of extremely "LAZY" characters. No thought went into them at all. Just another cash grab. Change the color of a couple bits & trick the fans into buying the same figure twice. Easy money!

And don't even get me started on G2 Fireflight. Worst "repaint" ever! But at least in his case, they weren't trying to change him into a new character. :roll:

But do what you want. It's your money. But I sure as hell won't be wasting my money on "Combat Vest Inferno". Instead of buying Inferno again, that's $40 I can put towards something new like The Ark.

I didn't waste my money on those lazy-ass, cash-grab, Netfix repaints either. :roll: Some people can't see when they're being played. Hasbro has all these stupid little tricks to get people to buy the same figure 2 or 3 times. :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105605)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 25th, 2021 @ 5:40pm CDT
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:TlDr: repaints, ugh...


Should I point out the Seekers armada? >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105606)
Posted by Nemesis Reformatted on May 25th, 2021 @ 5:44pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:TlDr: repaints, ugh...


Should I point out the Seekers armada? >:oP


The seekers aren't all simply Starscream with 1 little piece painted in a different color.

Thundercracker & Skywarp don't look anything like Starscream. Artfire looks almost exactly like Inferno.

Buster & Hydra look almost identical to Darkwing & Dreadwind. = LAZY!
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105607)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on May 25th, 2021 @ 5:50pm CDT
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:TlDr: repaints, ugh...


Should I point out the Seekers armada? >:oP


The seekers aren't all simply Starscream with 1 little piece painted in a different color.

Thundercracker & Skywarp don't look anything like Starscream. Artfire looks almost exactly like Inferno.

Buster & Hydra look almost identical to Darkwing & Dreadwind. = LAZY!


Skywarp v Hotlink?
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105608)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2021 @ 5:55pm CDT
Razorbeast88 wrote:
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:TlDr: repaints, ugh...


Should I point out the Seekers armada? >:oP


The seekers aren't all simply Starscream with 1 little piece painted in a different color.

Thundercracker & Skywarp don't look anything like Starscream. Artfire looks almost exactly like Inferno.

Buster & Hydra look almost identical to Darkwing & Dreadwind. = LAZY!


Skywarp v Hotlink?
Thundercracker v Ion Storm?
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105610)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on May 25th, 2021 @ 6:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Razorbeast88 wrote:
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:TlDr: repaints, ugh...


Should I point out the Seekers armada? >:oP


The seekers aren't all simply Starscream with 1 little piece painted in a different color.

Thundercracker & Skywarp don't look anything like Starscream. Artfire looks almost exactly like Inferno.

Buster & Hydra look almost identical to Darkwing & Dreadwind. = LAZY!


Skywarp v Hotlink?
Thundercracker v Ion Storm?


Sparkless Seeker v Acid Storm? -the real one not that neon mess in the recent 3 pack
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105611)
Posted by alekese on May 25th, 2021 @ 6:06pm CDT
aronjlove wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:What happens if you combine preorders for two items schedule for different release times? Will they ship them separately upon each release date, or will they wait to ship the first one until the second one comes in?

Items ship individually as they are released.

Sabrblade wrote:And how do they go about charging for the two items set to be released on different dates? Wait until the second one comes into to charge for both, or charge them separately as each comes in?

items are charged as they ship, usually a couple of days prior to actual pickup by Fedex.

I'll just add onto/clarify this, as someone who has used pulse near exclusively since launch. With the current setup they have, the sequence is as follows (billing information assumes free shipping and $USD, as that's what I can speak to using on both counts):

-When the warehouse receives a shipment, each individual item has its tax-inclusive cost charged separately. (So if you had 3 pre-price-hike deluxes, your bank account would receive 3 separate charges of $21.49)

-Over the course of ~1 week, those items will be processed and boxed, and any items from the same order will be put in the same box. (If you ordered Airazor and Huffer in order #XXXX, and Ractonite in order #XXXY, Airazor and Huffer would be in one box, Ractonite in a second.) From there, they await fedex pickup, and from there delivery.

-If another shipment arrives while the first one is still being processed, it will be processed separately, even if the first one hasn't been boxed yet. (If Dinobot and Kingdom UM from order #XXXX arrived 2 days after the deluxes, they would be shipped in a third box.)


It used to be worse. Prior to ~this time last year, if order #XXXX consisted of 2 in-stock items and 6 preorders with free shipping, it would "cancel" #XXXXX and autopopulate orders #XXXX-A, #XXXX-B, ... #XXXX-G, with -A being the 2 in-stocks shipped together with free shipping, and B-G each consisting of a single preorder with free shipping. These would each be sent in a separate box, even if they were from the same case assortment. The current system is a much appreciated improvement.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105612)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 25th, 2021 @ 6:14pm CDT
Nemesis Reformatted wrote: Oh c'mon man! You can't paint 1 part of a figure a different color & say "Hey look! I just made a totally new character!"

I mean, seriously! What if I took a Megatron figure & painted his arm pink & posted it in the customs forum? And then tried to pass it off as a totally new character? Or if I took an Arcee figure & painted her crotch yellow? You would say that I need to have my head examined.
Maybe not that bluntly, but yes.

Nemesis Reformatted wrote:But because they made Artfire "official", that changes everything. Now it's somehow different.
Well by comparing a picture of Kingdom Inferno side-by-side to these shots of Selects Artfire, I see at least 10 differently colored parts, in addition to parts that are the same but have actual details picked out on them in a secondary color now, that seems a lot more substantial to me than your claim that his only difference is a white chest. The fact that he is an actual character with a bio and some publication history helps, but it is nowhere close to the only reason.

Nemesis Reformatted wrote:And now you're eager to blow money on another Inferno figure.
Incorrect. I'm eager to "blow money" on Artfire since I've been waiting on him since he first leaked as an upcoming Selects figure months ago, whereas I never BOUGHT Inferno because I have no interest in him as a boring character with a boring deco and because he's the WRONG Inferno. Artfire will be my first purchase of this mold, thanks for assuming otherwise.

Nemesis Reformatted wrote:Buster & Hydra are 2 more examples of extremely "LAZY" characters. No thought went into them at all. Just another cash grab. Change the color of a couple bits & trick the fans into buying the same figure twice. Easy money!
You realize Buster and Hydra only exist because they were the only versions of the molds sold by Takara, right? There was no "gotcha" to try to get people to buy the same figure twice by changing one color, the people who had Buster and Hydra available to them had them available INSTEAD of Dreadwind and Darkwing. The only way anyone would have both duos would be if they were genuinely interested enough to import whichever one they couldn't get.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105613)
Posted by Lore Keeper on May 25th, 2021 @ 6:21pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
Nemesis Reformatted wrote: Oh c'mon man! You can't paint 1 part of a figure a different color & say "Hey look! I just made a totally new character!"

I mean, seriously! What if I took a Megatron figure & painted his arm pink & posted it in the customs forum? And then tried to pass it off as a totally new character? Or if I took an Arcee figure & painted her crotch yellow? You would say that I need to have my head examined.
Maybe not that bluntly, but yes.

Nemesis Reformatted wrote:But because they made Artfire "official", that changes everything. Now it's somehow different.
Well by comparing a picture of Kingdom Inferno side-by-side to these shots of Selects Artfire, I see at least 10 differently colored parts, in addition to parts that are the same but have actual details picked out on them in a secondary color now, that seems a lot more substantial to me than your claim that his only difference is a white chest. The fact that he is an actual character with a bio and some publication history helps, but it is nowhere close to the only reason.

Nemesis Reformatted wrote:And now you're eager to blow money on another Inferno figure.
Incorrect. I'm eager to "blow money" on Artfire since I've been waiting on him since he first leaked as an upcoming Selects figure months ago, whereas I never BOUGHT Inferno because I have no interest in him as a boring character with a boring deco and because he's the WRONG Inferno. Artfire will be my first purchase of this mold, thanks for assuming otherwise.

Nemesis Reformatted wrote:Buster & Hydra are 2 more examples of extremely "LAZY" characters. No thought went into them at all. Just another cash grab. Change the color of a couple bits & trick the fans into buying the same figure twice. Easy money!
You realize Buster and Hydra only exist because they were the only versions of the molds sold by Takara, right? There was no "gotcha" to try to get people to buy the same figure twice by changing one color, the people who had Buster and Hydra available to them had them available INSTEAD of Dreadwind and Darkwing. The only way anyone would have both duos would be if they were genuinely interested enough to import whichever one they couldn't get.

This reminds me, I'm still shocked we never received a Selects Buster and Hydra. It could have given Starscream a complete combined mode that is nice and symmetrical like Orthia.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105614)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on May 25th, 2021 @ 6:24pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wins!
images.png
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105615)
Posted by Emerje on May 25th, 2021 @ 6:40pm CDT
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:Oh c'mon man! You can't paint 1 part of a figure a different color & say "Hey look! I just made a totally new character!"

Meet Megaplex, he has blue inner arms and legs.

Image
Image

Has your head exploded yet? :michaelbay: :lol:

And yeah, I ordered an Artfire, from BBTS since I have a few things on order there for that release time frame.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105617)
Posted by Nemesis Reformatted on May 25th, 2021 @ 6:46pm CDT
Here's another one for ya. Compare Artfire to Battle Armor He-Man & Skeletor.

Now try to imagine what you would have thought if Mattel tried to pass Battle Armor He-Man & Skeletor off as completely different characters. You would have been like "WTF bro??? It's just regular He-Man & Skeletor wearing armor."

That's how I see Artfire. It's more like Battle Armor Inferno than a totally different character.

Remember The Golden Lagoon? Where they got a thin layer of gold armor? Well, Inferno got some kind of white armor. But it's still Inferno.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105618)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2021 @ 6:49pm CDT
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:That's how I see Artfire. It's more like Battle Armor Inferno than a totally different character.
Well, pin a rose on your nose.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105620)
Posted by Emerje on May 25th, 2021 @ 7:09pm CDT
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:Here's another one for ya. Compare Artfire to Battle Armor He-Man & Skeletor.

Now try to imagine what you would have thought if Mattel tried to pass Battle Armor He-Man & Skeletor off as completely different characters. You would have been like "WTF bro??? It's just regular He-Man & Skeletor wearing armor."

This is Wun-Dar (AKA Wonder Bread He-man), it's just He-man with brown hair and different gear.

Image

Image

Emerje
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105622)
Posted by o.supreme on May 25th, 2021 @ 7:21pm CDT
Maybe he doesn't realize the RED color of Inferno, and the RED of Artfire are different?

anyways...about the whole MOTU thing... as a KID my parents made me dedicate my collecting to ONE toy line (how I got into Transformers is another story), but I was all in on MOTU from 1982 to 1986 (I only got about 1/2 of the 1987 offerings). But when it came to "other versions" of He-Man and Skeletor, my parents said "nope" because I already had one of each.

Lastly, I'm not sure where the hate for Buster & Hydra are coming from...You do realize that much of the toy line from 1987 on had different names for characters in Japan, than their U.S. counterparts, and thus became different characters. They weren't trying to sell everyone the same character twice.

Powermaster Prime and Super Ginrai are not the same etc...
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105623)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 25th, 2021 @ 7:29pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Lastly, I'm not sure where the hate for Buster & Hydra are coming from...You do realize that much of the toy line from 1987 on had different names for characters in Japan, than their U.S. counterparts, and thus became different characters. They weren't trying to sell everyone the same character twice.

Powermaster Prime and Super Ginrai are not the same etc...
He's saying that because they were different characters their decos should have been more different than "changing the color of just one part". In Hydra and Buster's case, he thinks that changing just the teal on Darkwing and Dreadwind to red, without making any other color changes, was "lazy".
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105628)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 25th, 2021 @ 9:25pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Maybe he doesn't realize the RED color of Inferno, and the RED of Artfire are different?

I dunno, but he definitely doesn't realize that inferno has one of the laziest "deco's" ever
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105629)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on May 25th, 2021 @ 9:39pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
o.supreme wrote:Maybe he doesn't realize the RED color of Inferno, and the RED of Artfire are different?

I dunno, but he definitely doesn't realize that inferno has one of the laziest "deco's" ever


ER Grapple says: "Hold my beer"
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Officially Revealed; Preorders Live (2105630)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 25th, 2021 @ 9:53pm CDT
The only repaint that can satisfy Nemesis Reformated.

Image

Still, I'd cream my pants if the Select ER Grapple/Inferno in this G2 style abomination would be announced.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Krok and Gatorface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Alpha Bravo Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Cyclonus Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee – Energon Igniters Power Plus Series Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "883975148751 KIDROBOT COBRE COMMANDER TRANSFORMERS VS. GI JOE COLLECTIBLE VINYL" on EBAY
Buy "FUNKO POP! G.I. JOE Vs Transformers Cobra Pin Set GAMESTOP Exclusive plus decal" on EBAY
Buy "FUNKO POP! G.I. JOE Vs Transformers Cobra Keychain GAMESTOP Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY