Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games

Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games

Friday, April 10th, 2020 9:56pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 36,843

Thanks to TFanPage101, we got news of one place Canadians can order the upcoming Transformers Generations Selects War for Cybertron Micromaster WFC-GS10 Soundwave Spy Patrol 4-Pack. This are the cassette bots that go with Soundwave, Soundblaster and the upcoming Doubledealer. It includes Decepticon Rumble, Decepticon Wingthing, Decepticon Skar and Autobot Knok.

A preorder for this set popped up on EB Games for 29.99 CAD, which is slightly more than two two-packs. This is not listed as an exclusive, so other places like Toysrus may get these as well. But if you don't want to chance it, here is a preorder for you. Please note, the image they chose for the listing is wrong.

Preorder link: https://www.ebgames.ca/Toys-Collectible ... -pack-kids

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games

Credit(s): EB Games

Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060158)
Posted by Emerje on April 10th, 2020 @ 10:37pm CDT

Emerje
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060162)
Posted by william-james88 on April 10th, 2020 @ 11:17pm CDT
Emerje wrote:TFSource raised their price on Super Megatron from $64.99 to $69.99. I know they do that occasionally on some things that go out of stock elsewhere, but it's odd for them to raise the price while Hasbro is still taking pre-order for $10 less.

Emerje

We don't know their specific cost for this item, it might be that their middleman costs are higher this time. Something Hasbro doesnt have to worry about. Plus, since I am assuming many americans are going to go to Pulse, TFSource is getting orders from international buyers who can't get from Pulse, and thus there is no to be more competitive in pricing.

Just spitballing here.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060172)
Posted by Burn on April 11th, 2020 @ 12:32am CDT

It avoids getting people excited only to be let down. >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060174)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 11th, 2020 @ 12:34am CDT
aronjlove wrote:I was going over release dates for my unfulfilled orders. The Hasbro Pulse site still lists May 1st as the estimated ship date for Spy Patrol 3 4-pack. Think it will be delayed?

Maybe, I just checked my Amazon pre-orders and I have no new Transformers coming until September. They might show up in stores early but idk.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060175)
Posted by aronjlove on April 11th, 2020 @ 12:38am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Interesting. Pulse also has Doubledealer listed for July 1. Or approximate July 1. But for others with an approximate date listed as first of the month, it has usually a week or two in. I kinda don't want everything to drop in September, gonna crush my wallet all at once :-(
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060182)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 11th, 2020 @ 1:58am CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
sol magnus wrote:Omegas rival is Devy afterall so it wouldn't make much sense for him to be smaller

But there's also a lot more episodes where he's the same size as the other combiners in combined mode. I guess it depends on how you structure your collection. Will he stand next to Omega or the other Decepticon combiners? For me, since I'm not going into OS KO CW Devy and Titan Omega are too tall.

In the end either titan Omega and Devy are too large or all the other combiners are too small. And all the combiners mass shift anyway. :HEADHURTS:
Yeah, it's a real mess thanks to the combiners mass-shifting to be larger than the sum of their parts.

CW Devastator in combined mode is Devastator at his combination-enabled mass-shifted size relative to normal-size TFs, at the price of the individual Constructicons being too big and the combined mode being out-of-scale with other combiners. The same generally applies to Predaking.

The other combiners have their individual members in-scale. They're thus not "step on everyone" size relative to normal-size TFs (note that I specify "normal-size TFs") like they are in the cartoon, although they're still of a respectable size due to not having midget limb-bots.

SIEGE Omega Supreme... He's as big as he should be next to normal-size TFs and mass-shifted Devastator, but too huge next to the standard CW-style combiners much like Devy is.

I will say that there is a way to make the standard CW combiners look the mass-shifted size: Legion-class figures.

Regarding Piranacon/King Poseidon, since I'm assuming he probably came up in this discussion at some point... Piranacon never got to appear in the cartoon since in the US new episodes stopped in 1987, so it's hard to say how big he would have been in it. And the Marvel comics were even more hopeless than the cartoon so using them as a reference is iffy.
But we do have a more solid size reference on the King Poseidon end of things. In Masterforce he was in the same league as Super and God Ginrai size-wise, so being basically standard CW/PotP combiner size works out perfectly there.

Gauntlet101010 wrote:TBH, if I had infinite money and storage space I'd get KO OS CW Combiners to be combined and let the official guys be uncombined with Titan OS as my OS. That would be just about right, I think. Buuuut .... I don't have that.
Myself, I'd go with an undersize KO of Devastator (easier on space, gives better-scaled individual 'Structies, and it just makes more sense to get a smaller Devy than huger versions of everyone else b/c the others outnumber Devy), an undersize KO of Omega Supreme (once one exists) to have one in show-scale with the combiners, and Titan-class Omega to have a version of him that scaled with normal-size TFs.

Also, there was something in your post not thought through :P Luckily context makes it easy enough to figure out which OS is which.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060198)
Posted by william-james88 on April 11th, 2020 @ 6:56am CDT
Burn wrote:For future EB Games related news could you state which Country it's for? EB Games exists in other countries outside of Canada, I know how hard that is for certain people to fathom.

It avoids getting people excited only to be let down. >:oP

I mention it in the first line so thst it appears in the preview blurbs on the front page and facebook. You mean to include it in the title too?
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060221)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 11th, 2020 @ 12:59pm CDT
aronjlove wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

That's why I use Amazon as much as possible. I can pay off the pre-orders over time using gift cards. If I find something earlier I can cancel the order easily.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060222)
Posted by aronjlove on April 11th, 2020 @ 1:10pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
aronjlove wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Nice, I'll have to keep that in mind ;)^
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060251)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 11th, 2020 @ 6:40pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

It avoids getting people excited only to be let down. >:oP

Something like "EB Games Canada" may do. How many people read the actual article, and not just look at the title and pretty pictures anyway? :lol:

Regarding "TT-GS05"... amazing what a typo can do.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060262)
Posted by william-james88 on April 11th, 2020 @ 7:28pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

It avoids getting people excited only to be let down. >:oP

Regarding "TT-GS05"... amazing what a typo can do.

I'll do that next time then, no problem.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060265)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on April 11th, 2020 @ 8:01pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060266)
Posted by Skritz on April 11th, 2020 @ 8:09pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Hm... I wonder if it would be feasible for HasTak to reissue the Seacons as a single boxset at the Titan price point for Part 3 of WFC, as something of a bone thrown to those who couldn't get them during this first go-around.

I think a God Neptune or some other redeco is possible.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060277)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 11th, 2020 @ 9:45pm CDT
Stupid question, do you think BBTS will have pre-orders up for Megatron of the Super variant?
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060286)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 11th, 2020 @ 10:43pm CDT
I would be very much in favor of that, yes. If the price hike wasn't outrageous.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060290)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 11th, 2020 @ 11:09pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:

I think they're planning just that, in the same style as the UW box sets. Which may means no Nautilator redeco and just the sword weapon, no guns or Targetmaster modes (not a big loss, really). That would bring the total price down a bit... :-?
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060298)
Posted by Emerje on April 12th, 2020 @ 1:20am CDT

Sounds like a great way to piss off the dedicated fans that were willing to pay way more than Titan price now. Limited should stay limited.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060300)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 12th, 2020 @ 1:47am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:

So what would happen to Nautilator? Would he be just totally omitted? Or released as a separate single figure?
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060323)
Posted by william-james88 on April 12th, 2020 @ 6:40am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

That "new" clone 2 pack proves they could bot care less.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Cassette 4 Pack up for Preorder at EB Games (2060326)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 12th, 2020 @ 7:06am CDT
They might see the clone pack differently, saying that enough time had passed, so a gift set of King Posideon could come out in an equal time frame so maybe 2023ish. At the moment though we can only speculate. I'd imagine that a boxset release is probably the furthest thing from their minds currently as they try and plan the next few months in this bold new world.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Kit & Parts By Hasbro Ultimate Class E1:01 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Deluxe Lot. Crosshairs and Drift" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Loyal Subjects Optimus Prime Action Figure Funko Pop Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Shrapnel insecticon in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 ramjet Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Sideswipe Autobot 84 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "The Loyal Subjects Transformers Series 2 Thrust Seeker 2/16 in box- opened bag" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Construct-Bots Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron Construction Set" on EBAY