Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed

Transformers News: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed

Tuesday, November 26th, 2019 1:51PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Rumors
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 22,672

Thanks to eagle-eyed Seibertronian Bucky, we have some very interesting news to report. As can be gathered by the title of this story, there has been a listing created for the previously unannounced MP-49, which site sponsor BBTS has as Black Convoy! It's fairly safe to assume that this figure will be a "Nemesis Prime" recolor of MP-44 (aka Convoy/Optimus Prime 3.0) in his traditional black, teal, and red colors. The previous Black Convoy Masterpiece figure is shown below.

Transformers News: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed

What do you all think of this out-of-nowhere listing? Will it turn out to be genuine? Are you excited about this potential figure? Let us know below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in Transformers news!
Credit(s): BBTS.com
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045448)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on November 26th, 2019 @ 1:53pm CST
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045449)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 26th, 2019 @ 1:58pm CST
Unless they gave it its own number so that something else could have the number 50 slot
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045452)
Posted by mentre83 on November 26th, 2019 @ 2:23pm CST
Maybe it'll be a different mold of some sort?

A RiD Scourge-inspired one perhaps, maybe with a different trailer?
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045453)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2019 @ 2:23pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:I'm sceptical about it, because it has a real number. The Prime redeco/Nemesis MP is typically MP-10B, for example. So this one would naturally be MP-44B, not its own number.
I'd normally agree, but MP-38 kinda threw any and all rationalization for the ID number system out the window.
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045455)
Posted by Ironhidensh on November 26th, 2019 @ 3:43pm CST
I'd be almost willing to bet money its just a repaint. The number system means absolute jack shit to Takara, so never assign any meaning to it.

On the plus side, for those of you (justifiably) turned off by the price, maybe this one will not come with a trailer and all the accessories, and thus be a $100 or so cheaper?
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045459)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 26th, 2019 @ 5:21pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:I'd be almost willing to bet money its just a repaint. The number system means absolute jack **** to Takara, so never assign any meaning to it.

I would like a MP-44 Nemesis Prime that have NO trailer nor extra bits appart the axe and the gun. Then make it 50% cheaper and you get a sale.
However, maybe Takara will troll us by making him a full set that is DOUBLE the normal price because it will be a something-or-other exclusive.
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045462)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on November 26th, 2019 @ 5:35pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045463)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on November 26th, 2019 @ 5:45pm CST
Speculating about this figure having toy inspired details vs no-44’s took aesthetics
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045466)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 26th, 2019 @ 6:51pm CST
Nice, but it’s most likely gunna be hella expensive even with half the gear gone though...
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045468)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 26th, 2019 @ 7:56pm CST
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045481)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 26th, 2019 @ 8:40pm CST
Wireless_Phantom wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't MP10B the same price as MP10 without the trailer and stuff?

Such shenanigans wouldn't surprise me.
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045482)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 26th, 2019 @ 8:49pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:what if, hear me out, what if it isn't an Optimus, but rather a shadow Lio Convoy?

Wouldn’t it be called Galvaconvoy and not Black Convoy? Or is there a Nemesis themed Lio Convoy I’m not aware of?
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045483)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on November 26th, 2019 @ 8:55pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

There was a shadow fully black Lio convoy in the show, he was an actual character too, all the maximals had an episode where dark dopplegangers of them were made and existed
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045484)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 26th, 2019 @ 8:57pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

Figured as much, anything Japanese Beast Wars is far beyond my knowledge apart from the Convoys. #-o
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045486)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 26th, 2019 @ 9:43pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

His name was "Copy Convoy", so this wouldn't be that.
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045488)
Posted by ScottyP on November 26th, 2019 @ 9:46pm CST
No, it just got that way on the secondary market before being reissued. MP-10B was ~140, MP-10 with trailer and all that was ~200-220 back then. Later reissues of both were some % less expensive which definitely doesn't help the recollection of how much they were.

Attempting to figure out "rules" or guidelines for MP numbering schemes is the path to madness :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045500)
Posted by wilcosu35 on November 26th, 2019 @ 11:01pm CST
So the next one is a black MP-44? Cool for those who want it. I'll be keeping my money in my pocket.
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045528)
Posted by First-Aid on November 27th, 2019 @ 12:23pm CST
If I'm not mistaken, Convoy/Optimus Prime variants, repaints, remolds, and reissues make up approximately 94.225% of the Masterpiece line... >:oP >:oP

Enough Primes already. :BOOM: :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045532)
Posted by william-james88 on November 27th, 2019 @ 2:07pm CST

I was sure we had given up on the numbers making sense. They don't. Since Takara clearly doesn't care about the numbers, we shouldn't either.

Also, in my usual self I will say this, anyone expecting more than a standard redeco will be dissapointed.
Re: Transformers: Masterpiece MP-49 Black Convoy Listed (2045534)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on November 27th, 2019 @ 2:28pm CST
Yet are the Nemesis redecos really so popular to warrant their own official number? How well are HasTak expecting this to sell alongside the other original figures of the line, given MP-44 was overpriced to begin with??

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS - BISK Robots in Disguise Legion Toy HASBRO Figure Legend Bot NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Ultra Class Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "transformers robots in disguise grimlock near complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Motorcycle Lot chromia arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise SANDSTING Rid 2015 Legion Scorpion" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary IDW Autobot Chromia NEW MISC" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Strafe Figure" on EBAY