Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue

Transformers News: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue

Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 10:49AM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 48,792

Seibertron.com staff member Supreme Convoy managed to get a picture of the completed Transformers:Prime Optimus Prime statue we showed you earlier and sent it to us to share:

Seibertron.com: for continuing San Diego Comic Con coverage!
Credit(s): Supreme Convoy
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101651)
Posted by Rated X on July 22nd, 2010 @ 10:50am CDT
Extremely cartoonish. Really hoping this is a cartoon and not some CG series with real humans...
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101653)
Posted by Jesterhead on July 22nd, 2010 @ 10:52am CDT
Love the legs, torso and head. Not so hot on the chest (those square windows) and the plain fore arms.

Although I think I'll learn to like them. Very "super robot" look to it.
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101658)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 22nd, 2010 @ 11:08am CDT
The shoulders and the placing of the wheels are very WFC like.

He still kinda looks unfinished to me though, especially in the chest region, I'm sure as a toy and in CGI in the show he'll look far better.

I'm still somewhat torn as I like all his body parts, but not necessarily as par of one and the same bot if you understand what I mean.
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101660)
Posted by Requiem Prime on July 22nd, 2010 @ 11:14am CDT
The chest area seems unfinished. The window shape seems a little odd with the angular body, but that doesn't bother me so much as they appear to extend off the main body in a odd fashion.

Like I said, I want to see actual art.
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101663)
Posted by First-Aid on July 22nd, 2010 @ 11:22am CDT
OK, I like him.

SO does my wife.

Maybe most importantly, my 8 year old nephew thinks he looks awesome. He said he's gonna show all his friends.
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101665)
Posted by Chaoslock on July 22nd, 2010 @ 11:26am CDT
So, he stole Stascreams crown?
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101668)
Posted by backpack on July 22nd, 2010 @ 11:30am CDT
PRIME, Prime sure has some TINY hands!
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101669)
Posted by frogbat on July 22nd, 2010 @ 11:35am CDT
i must admit to being rather disappointed. I never liked the TFA aesthetic and after the war for cybetron designs i was hopin that prime would head in that direction or the movie's.

This prime is by far the worst prime yet, he looks like something out of 70's japanese anime series like mazinga and giga robo
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101678)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 22nd, 2010 @ 12:02pm CDT
So the TF: Prime characters are supposed to be the same as the War for Cybertron characters, right? Other than that, can't wait to see the completed version
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101680)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 22nd, 2010 @ 12:04pm CDT
I'm really hoping they'll do a Decepticon to stand next to him. Possible characters are Megatron, Starscream, and Soundwave. PLEASE HASBRO DO A DECEPTICON :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY:
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101692)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on July 22nd, 2010 @ 12:39pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101693)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 22nd, 2010 @ 12:41pm CDT
i like it from the knees down. there is no way this can be the final look. the bumblebee looks way more detailed and cooler. this statue is not accurate i bet.
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101694)
Posted by Jesterhead on July 22nd, 2010 @ 12:42pm CDT
SLUGSLINGER81 wrote:um...im curious :-? , is one leg longer then the other, if you look at the platform, it's higher on one side...guess the guy didn't read the transforming instructions well...guess he's like me, I like to take the figure out of the package and figure it out myself...real men don't read instructions :lol:

The ground he's on isn't level, looks like a ramp up the convention.

I questioned that when I saw it as well.
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101702)
Posted by gantzrunner on July 22nd, 2010 @ 12:49pm CDT
This statue looks like a bad chinese knock-of especially with those hands...no way those are his hands! Seriously, looks like the bastard child of megaman and protoman! I don't think this will be a good representation of the show just a cheap half-assed model to thrill the kiddies. I like the movies, I liked animated and loved wfc...so I really really hope he looks better in the show, cause there are almost no variations of prime I don't like, but this one threatens to be.
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101704)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 22nd, 2010 @ 12:51pm CDT
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this statue is very likely not as well-proportioned as the actual design. They usually aren't. Unless they're built in China, of course. :lol:

I don't mind the new aesthetic. It will almost be a relief to me if there really isn't a toyline for this.
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101708)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 22nd, 2010 @ 12:57pm CDT
Great they took the two worst looks in TF history(animated & movies) and combined them together. Thanks hasbro. So much for getting a decent looking TF series again. At least they got rid of the chins.
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101719)
Posted by bigwhitey21 on July 22nd, 2010 @ 1:19pm CDT
I really don't mind the movieverse designs, actually I kinda like them. But I think the look should have remained in the movies. I would have prefered a new style. I miss buying a new look Leader or at least Voyager size Optimus Prime toy every couple years or so. If they make a new line of toys out of this cartoon, I will probably pass since they look too much like the movie toys I already have.

what the heck is up with the tiny hands?
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101729)
Posted by rpetras on July 22nd, 2010 @ 1:47pm CDT
You've got your movie-verse in my Animated!

You've got your Animated in my movie-verse!

Hey, this goes together like tuna and butterscotch! #-o
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101739)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 22nd, 2010 @ 2:02pm CDT
The more I look at it the more I hate it, now I only like the legs.
Re: Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime Completed Statue (1101750)
Posted by shortround on July 22nd, 2010 @ 2:29pm CDT
I will take a wait and see stance on the whole transformers prime series.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Movie AOE Deluxe Slug Mint 100% Comp. W/Accessories 2014 - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 31 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Movie AOE Deluxe Scorn Mint 100% Comp. W/Accessories 2014 - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 32 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Movie AOE Deluxe Crosshairs Mint 100% Comp. W/Accessories 2014 - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 34 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers LASER OPTIMUS PRIME New RID RARE Good Box 1995 - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 36 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Generations Decepticon Powerdive Voyager Asia Exclusive GDO - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 40 minutes 41 seconds
AUTOBOT ARCEE #21 & CHROMIA #22 SET OF 2 Transformers Generations  2014 IDW - Time Remaining: 4 days 14 hours 43 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Movie AOE Voyager Galvatron Mint 100% Comp. 2014 - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 43 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Animated Deluxe Lockdown Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 43 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017