First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime

First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime

Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 1:55am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 57,111

Nope, you're not seeing double despite the title. Hasbro is currently assembling a GIANT statue of Optimus Prime from Transformers: Prime to be on display during the San Diego Comic-Con. Transformer fan Soundwarp, was able to get a picture of the behemoth while it's still being constructed. So far, it is rather evident that this Optimus Prime is not only based on the Movie-verse design, but also the Transformers: Animated design as well. To view the original posting by Soundwarp on Twitter, click here.

Continue to check out Seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news, especially with Comic-Con upon us.

Seibertron.com Image

Credit(s): Soundwarp

Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101423)
Posted by ProwlJazz on July 22nd, 2010 @ 2:17am CDT
Top half, what? Looks like two big mirrors that were on clearance at my Walmart, that never would sell.
Torso, C`mon whats up with that.
Legs, yeah they look good!
Head, Prime just Prime!

I`m mixed...I guess it`s a keeper, oh well.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101426)
Posted by Burn on July 22nd, 2010 @ 2:24am CDT
Oh yay, the Animated aesthetic is back.
:-(
(Please don't waste my time or yours by trying to convince me there's nothing wrong with the Animated aesthetic. I don't like it. End of discussion.)
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101427)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 22nd, 2010 @ 2:33am CDT
Whats with the red banana arms?

Its neither one thing or the other and its a mess.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101430)
Posted by Cyhwuhx on July 22nd, 2010 @ 2:40am CDT
Like TFP's Bumble it looks like a more abstract version of the Movieverse counterpart. Not totally blown away yet, but as the artwork of Bumblebee was better than its Movieverse version and quite likeable, I'm going to wait for some more artwork of this Optimus first.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101440)
Posted by Anonymous on July 22nd, 2010 @ 2:55am CDT
Burn wrote:Oh yay, the Animated aesthetic is back.
:-(

My sentiments as well. I was hoping for something close to WFC Optimus Aren't TF: Prime and WFC supposed to be the same timeline afterall? :-?
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101450)
Posted by Blurrz on July 22nd, 2010 @ 3:18am CDT
Haters gonna hate!
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101454)
Posted by DTR69 on July 22nd, 2010 @ 3:36am CDT
There hasn't been a toyline anounced for this has there. So it seems that they have merged 2 lines already released, so hasbro won't kick thereselves for not having an acompanying line as the toys are already out there. But in saying that, any variation is a chance to make money. I actualy like it, I hate the movie asthetics, and this takes the movie form, and makes it look more realistic to me, as they're armoured up and don't look so fragile.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101456)
Posted by Mykltron on July 22nd, 2010 @ 3:45am CDT
At least it doesn't look as bad as TFA.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101466)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 22nd, 2010 @ 4:27am CDT
I'll wait till it's finished before I comment.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101488)
Posted by Jesterhead on July 22nd, 2010 @ 5:20am CDT
I was originally hoping for a more WFC look, but being a fan of TFA looks, I kinda dig this Prime. The only thing I don't like is the windows in the front, those 90 degree angles dont really fit in with the streamlined body...
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101495)
Posted by yellow Camaro on July 22nd, 2010 @ 5:58am CDT
The arms are clearly mistransformed.
This is proven by the fact that the man in the picture is looking at the instruction booklet, to understand what is wrong. 8-}
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101499)
Posted by originaldave77 on July 22nd, 2010 @ 6:10am CDT
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101503)
Posted by Jesterhead on July 22nd, 2010 @ 6:16am CDT
originaldave77 wrote:I like it. Not because of the Animated influence (I am a fan of that look), but rather it has a 50's art-deco thing going on - very streamlined. I think you will find this will translate really well to CG, speaking as a CG artist.

I totally forgot this series was going to be CG. This whole morning I was trying to imagine Prime being drawn. I agree that this Prime will look good as a CG model!
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101508)
Posted by Solrac333 on July 22nd, 2010 @ 6:28am CDT
I'm sure it will look ok despite the horrible Animated influence.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101544)
Posted by GEEWUN on July 22nd, 2010 @ 7:39am CDT
Neo Crusader wrote:Aren't TF: Prime and WFC supposed to be the same timeline afterall? :-?

Yeah they were confirmed to follow the backstory set by WFC and Exodus. Check the original article here http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Prime

I never thought I would say this in my life...

...but I'm gonna have to go with Dead Metal on this one #-o
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101548)
Posted by Requiem Prime on July 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44am CDT
Ever since we saw Bumblebee, we already knew they were melding TFA and the movie aesthetics (both I enjoy for their individual reasons) for clean looking features yet mixed with robotic complexity.

For Optimus, I first want some real art. Even if they finished, non-movie statues have never translated quite right to me.

What DOES bother me was the news this is supposed to line up with WFC, which had a third aesthetic specifically drawn from G1 that appears to have been abandoned. The original thought was it would be it's own continuity, and I certainly wanted to see more, but they're already killing it.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101556)
Posted by D-340 on July 22nd, 2010 @ 7:51am CDT
So it looks like TF: Prime is gonna be a spinoff of the movieverse, judging by the looks of Prime and BB. Like the look, just hope the show is good.
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101560)
Posted by ConBotFormer on July 22nd, 2010 @ 7:58am CDT
G1 fans might love this. He looks a lot more like the 80's Prime then the movie Prime. Look at his back wheels, they're on his bottom legs. So, he might be a flat nose semi truck for this new show.

Oh hey, is the Hub something new? Or will it be on basic cable?
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101561)
Posted by tile_mcgillus on July 22nd, 2010 @ 8:00am CDT
I'm out. BOOOOOO!
Re: First Look at Transformers: Prime Optimus Prime (1101563)
Posted by sabrigami on July 22nd, 2010 @ 8:02am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Whats with the red banana arms?

Its neither one thing or the other and its a mess.

Yeah, the arms look kinda off... but other than that I kinda like it

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cogman The Last Knight 1 Step Turbo Changer Cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Voyager Class Megatron Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "????  NEW Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy “STARSCREAM” Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Soundwave Sealed MISB MOSC Voyager War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Decepticon Shockwave Sealed MISB Leader War for Cybertron Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sideswipe Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Red Alert Sealed MISB MOSC Deluxe War for Cybertron - Siege Transformers" on EBAY