IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:32 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
I'm not wholly satisfied with this "ending" (I'm aware of the Annual) but it feels like the best output possible given the circumstances. The tight focus on just a few characters is preferable to giving several storylines quick, 1-2 page, probably rushed conclusions.

Also, Forged Starscream was a stunner, loved that part.
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4146
News Credits: 299
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby homicide » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:48 pm

Motto: ""Chaos is my only ally, and Destruction my only friend.""
Weapon: Requiem Blaster
ScottyP wrote:
Also, Forged Starscream was a stunner, loved that part.


I absolutely agree, I hope we get to see more of this design in the future! Now I can't wait for someone to give me a figure of this design, whether it's Has/Tak, some type of exclusive or a 3rd Party, I'm a definite buyer!
User avatar
homicide
Mini-Con
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:10 pm
Buy from homicide on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 9
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Sunstar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I had my husband drive me to the book store before work, just to get the book into my hot hands... then go home and sit in my reading nook and almost be late for work...

WOW... just a very WOW book. I want to see more of the story, how does he deal with his revelation of having his spark reforged... That was what happened wasn't it? Windblade basically used hte power of a prime to reforge a cold forged spark into something pure?

Starscream of course rebels... Windblade has saved his spark twice now.

WOOT!
Image
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection
User avatar
Sunstar
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5158
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:40 pm
Location: Cybertron
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby crazyfist » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:12 pm

I haven't read issue 12 yet but I'm glad to see this series end. Number one: I have never liked Windblade. She just makes me cringe. I don't know what it is. She's like some sort of whinny little brat that everyone is like 'oh, sweetie are you okay?' and comes to her aid and hugs her. I don't know. Even her appearance in the Combiner Wars Machinima series...ugh! Number Two: Onslaught and Blast off!!!! Argh!!! Okay. I got used to Chromedome and Rewind. Maybe it's because they never meant anything to me. As a kid, they weren't my most favorite characters. Then, Cyclonus and Tailgate... Cyclonus was the third Transformer I got as a kid after Ultra Magnus. I loved they're relationship in the G1 cartoon. I thought he was so cool in the Season 3 G1 cartoon. He quickly became one of my favorites. I'm all for characterization but really??? I've dropped Lost Light because of this. Cyclonus is ruined for me. But I can separate the two. Lost Light Cyclonus is NOT G1 Cyclonus. Onslaught was also one of my all-time favorites. Altogether, the Combaticons were my favorite combiner. Seeing Onslaught and Blast off hold hands and...ugh...another ruined character for me. I've noticed...that there are NO (what you would call) male/female relationships in the Transformers series. All the females are tough as nails warriors. (Arcee, Elita-One, The Torchbearers, etc...) Why isn't there a male/female relationship like a Moonracer and Blurr romance? Or a Firestar and Inferno romance? I mean they even have a female/female relationship with Anode and Lug...Conjunx Endura...yuck. I know Arcee and Sideswipe are buds. But it's different with them. They're partners in that they are warriors not 'lovers'. Back in the days of Beast Wars with Blackarachnia and Silverbolt. I'd like to see a relationship like that again. Or why does there even have to be any romantic relationships? They're ROBOTS for crying out loud! MAybe it's just the day in age we're in. Politically correct or someone is going to get offended. I'm sorry. This has been bothering me for a while and I decided I'd rant for once. This is my opinion. I'm sorry if I did offend anyone but this is the internet and everyone speaks their minds freely. Thank you!
crazyfist
Mini-Con
Posts: 27
News Credits: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:54 am

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:16 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Yeah, sure is hard to imagine someone being so offended by a completely harmless element of a work of fiction...
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby partholon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Randomhero wrote:Well it's over and I honestly don't care. I nothinged it this entire arc. It wasn't bad but I honestly didn't find it appealing.

I'm sure Windblade volume 4 will be announced for next year


nah i dont think so.

she's had THREE shots at this - which is one more than Drift - and with all the other commitments IDW has now with the hasbroverse i reckon this is it for windblade.

i mean christ just LOOK at the art from revolution onwards. theyre struggling massively to just get the books out in a presentable fashion.

its starting to feel like the "eXtreme studios" days at image now.

i find myself for the first time since costas run of NOT buying any TF books as i just cant justify the expense for what i see as shoddy art and frankly subpar storys. im still in two minds as to whether thats down to the direction IDW editorial have decided to go in, or if its hasbro dictates fuking up the creative process ala marvel when they insisted on yearly "events" that derailed dozens of books from where they were going.

either way were a HELL of a long way away from the first "seasons" of RID and MTMTE which were much more polished affairs.

im sure windblade will pop up in "optimus prime" as a bit player as its the most logical place for her but i honestly cant see her as a driving force of a book again. TBH i reckon its only a matter of time till she's all but forgot about....just like Drift. its sad to say it but thats just how the comics biz works. "fan created" or not shes just not popular enough.


ive still to be arsed to actually buy any of the trades - though i do intend to. if nothing else TAAO was at least intriguing to me thanks to its setting , even if id rather what RID was doing back in the day when it essentially filled the "cyberton based book" role.

probably pick em up on sale.
partholon
Godmaster
Posts: 1510
News Credits: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2002 2:19 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby ArmadaPrime » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:33 pm

Weapon: Requiem Blaster
crazyfist wrote: Why isn't there a male/female relationship

1- with very few/no fembots around until the recent rediscovery of Caminus, it's just statistically way less likely.
2- keep your eyes peeled, you've missed a couple ;) Airazor and Tigatron are decidedly an item, true to their beast wars origin, and Sparkstalker has had a very-much-background but still-kinda-adorable thing with the new camien Lightbright, they made it official in the holiday annual!


I adored this issue, that's all I can say.
...no it isn't y'all arent that lucky
The end of the issue was beautifully crafted and felt very poetic. It was fantastically crafted and whilst I'm not a big fan of the kinda-still-open-ish endings always, this one worked. Especially knowing there's the annual in the pipeline- I did feel this could have done with a "post-credits scene" both to tie off loose ends and to give us a picture of the status quo going forward, if that makes any sense.

The sequence with Starscream's body-changes being called out and ripped apart was fan-flipping-tastic, partly just to see those designs again but also because Vigilem's words were so cutting, you could tell that screamer believed them 100%. Reminded me somewhat of the scene from last issue where Windblade's design got more elaborate as her psyche got stronger, which was possibly one of my personal favourite sequences I've seen in a TF comic to date.
As for the forged Starscream design, w o w. Absolutely nailing the "recent IDW comics" aesthetic in a way that I find hard to describe, utterly gorgeous, and a total surprise. Like, I stopped reading and just took a minute to process it. I particularly love how shape-wise, it hits a lot of Scream's iconic features (shoulder stacks, arm guns, etc) but in a totally unique and almost refined way? Which I guess makes perfect sense, thinking about the context...
I do hope we see more of it but I also hope it doesn't become the primary design going forward. Not quite sure why, but I think it's a better fit for it to remain largely a hidden, private thing.
I might have to have a think to myself as to what this, and what Windblade's words in particular, say politically/ethically about forged and cold-constructed bots, but I'll spare you that ramble (at least for now!) :lol:
Certified Expert™ in reading wikis to pretend I know more about things than I actually do
User avatar
ArmadaPrime
Brainmaster
Posts: 1387
News Credits: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am
Location: Berkshire | Birmingham

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:47 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Also, can I just say I love the idea that the Seeker body-type is a Cold Construction mass-production line? It's a brilliant in-universe explanation and is a fun little jab at how HasTak churn seeker redecoes and retools out every two seconds.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby ScottyP » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:19 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
crazyfist wrote:I haven't read issue 12 yet
Obviously >:oP
SW's SilverHammer wrote:I-I trusted you Scotty! Now Scottie Pippen is my favorite Scotty :sad:


Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast.
Looking for Micromaster Spinner, rare Minicons and Star Saber's Rifle. PM me if you have these for sale!
User avatar
ScottyP
Faction Commander
Posts: 4146
News Credits: 299
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 3:42 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Sigma Magnus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:58 am

Motto: "You may not like it, you may not understand it. But that does not mean it cannot exist."
Weapon: Sword
So uh...I really need a toy of Forged Starscream. I don't care if it takes five years, as long as a third-party company or something confirms "Oh frag yeah, we're makin' that", I'll be happy.
User avatar
Sigma Magnus
News Staff
Posts: 2025
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:34 pm
Location: New York
Alt Mode: Giant Head
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Rank: 5
Courage: 3
Firepower: 6
Skill: 6

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Daniel Adkins » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:02 pm

crazyfist wrote:I haven't read issue 12 yet but I'm glad to see this series end. Number one: I have never liked Windblade. She just makes me cringe. I don't know what it is. She's like some sort of whinny little brat that everyone is like 'oh, sweetie are you okay?' and comes to her aid and hugs her. I don't know. Even her appearance in the Combiner Wars Machinima series...ugh! Number Two: Onslaught and Blast off!!!! Argh!!! Okay. I got used to Chromedome and Rewind. Maybe it's because they never meant anything to me. As a kid, they weren't my most favorite characters. Then, Cyclonus and Tailgate... Cyclonus was the third Transformer I got as a kid after Ultra Magnus. I loved they're relationship in the G1 cartoon. I thought he was so cool in the Season 3 G1 cartoon. He quickly became one of my favorites. I'm all for characterization but really??? I've dropped Lost Light because of this. Cyclonus is ruined for me. But I can separate the two. Lost Light Cyclonus is NOT G1 Cyclonus. Onslaught was also one of my all-time favorites. Altogether, the Combaticons were my favorite combiner. Seeing Onslaught and Blast off hold hands and...ugh...another ruined character for me. I've noticed...that there are NO (what you would call) male/female relationships in the Transformers series. All the females are tough as nails warriors. (Arcee, Elita-One, The Torchbearers, etc...) Why isn't there a male/female relationship like a Moonracer and Blurr romance? Or a Firestar and Inferno romance? I mean they even have a female/female relationship with Anode and Lug...Conjunx Endura...yuck. I know Arcee and Sideswipe are buds. But it's different with them. They're partners in that they are warriors not 'lovers'. Back in the days of Beast Wars with Blackarachnia and Silverbolt. I'd like to see a relationship like that again. Or why does there even have to be any romantic relationships? They're ROBOTS for crying out loud! MAybe it's just the day in age we're in. Politically correct or someone is going to get offended. I'm sorry. This has been bothering me for a while and I decided I'd rant for once. This is my opinion. I'm sorry if I did offend anyone but this is the internet and everyone speaks their minds freely. Thank you!

So you're biggest problems with the book have been a female main character and gay characters.

;)^
User avatar
Daniel Adkins
Minibot
Posts: 124
News Credits: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:58 pm
Location: North Carolina
Watch Daniel Adkins on YouTube

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximus_Prime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sigma Magnus wrote:So uh...I really need a toy of Forged Starscream. I don't care if it takes five years, as long as a third-party company or something confirms "Oh frag yeah, we're makin' that", I'll be happy.

I agree, he was beautiful, and it was interesting to see what happens when someone constructed cold is reforged
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
Image
User avatar
D-Maximus_Prime
News Staff
Posts: 11623
News Credits: 260
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximus_Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Sleek Blade-Like Sports Car
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Sunstar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:29 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Sigma Magnus wrote:So uh...I really need a toy of Forged Starscream. I don't care if it takes five years, as long as a third-party company or something confirms "Oh frag yeah, we're makin' that", I'll be happy.

I agree, he was beautiful, and it was interesting to see what happens when someone constructed cold is reforged

Was he actually reforged? that was what I am unsure of... I love the idea of it being true though. HIs reforged body was gorgeous.
Image
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection
User avatar
Sunstar
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5158
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:40 pm
Location: Cybertron
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Daniel Adkins » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:20 pm

He was reforged in his mind, at least. Windblade just rough out the "true" Starscream. The being he's always seen himself as (either consciously or subconsciously). But he'd still have to undergo reforging in the real world. Whether or not he does at some point after First Strike/the Annual, we'll see.
User avatar
Daniel Adkins
Minibot
Posts: 124
News Credits: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:58 pm
Location: North Carolina
Watch Daniel Adkins on YouTube

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Sunstar » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:32 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Daniel Adkins wrote:He was reforged in his mind, at least. Windblade just rough out the "true" Starscream. The being he's always seen himself as (either consciously or subconsciously). But he'd still have to undergo reforging in the real world. Whether or not he does at some point after First Strike/the Annual, we'll see.


that makes sense.
Image
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection
User avatar
Sunstar
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5158
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:40 pm
Location: Cybertron
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby D-Maximus_Prime » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
I doubt Starscream would be reforged in the real world. He just got a glimpse of what he would have been
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Follow the Rewind to... the D-Max Den
Image
User avatar
D-Maximus_Prime
News Staff
Posts: 11623
News Credits: 260
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximus_Prime on eBay
Alt Mode: Sleek Blade-Like Sports Car
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Sunstar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:20 am

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
its cool though. I could imagine that would be his "Prime" version if he ever (fat chance) became a Prime (outside fanfic... tempting concept.)
Image
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection
User avatar
Sunstar
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5158
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:40 pm
Location: Cybertron
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby WreckerJack » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:56 pm

Motto: "Attitude of gratitude"
Weapon: Arc-Welders
What is the most cost efficient way of buying this series to read? Will it be getting volumes?
User avatar
WreckerJack
News Staff
Posts: 1283
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 am
Location: Pacific NW
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:07 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
WreckerJack wrote:What is the most cost efficient way of buying this series to read? Will it be getting volumes?

Essentially, yeah. Windblade Vol. 1, Combiner Wars, Distant Stars, Titans Return, TAAO Vol. 1-3, First Strike, TAAO annual.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Insurgent » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Finally managed to pick up and read this book. After the slight dissapointment of the Blast Off love story (I've said my piece on that, not bringing it up again), I felt this story was a good end without ending for this book. It finally engaged back in the story I was interested in and honestly, I love how Scott writes Windblade. Always have. And her interactions with Starscream. I really liked that although she is wary of Screamer, she also shows she cares about him, she wants to help him help their race. There is a friendship there between the two, and I'm dissapointed we won't see any more (other than the annual).


I'm gonna miss the Cybertron adventures.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Image
User avatar
Insurgent
City Commander
Posts: 3408
News Credits: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:10 pm

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Sunstar » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
Insurgent wrote:Finally managed to pick up and read this book. After the slight dissapointment of the Blast Off love story (I've said my piece on that, not bringing it up again), I felt this story was a good end without ending for this book. It finally engaged back in the story I was interested in and honestly, I love how Scott writes Windblade. Always have. And her interactions with Starscream. I really liked that although she is wary of Screamer, she also shows she cares about him, she wants to help him help their race. There is a friendship there between the two, and I'm dissapointed we won't see any more (other than the annual).


I'm gonna miss the Cybertron adventures.


I have to say the way she handled the spark, so lovingly and caring, it was almost affectionate. And yes, there is a friendship, she's helped him, he's helped her - and even though this book came to an end, I don't feel its the last.
Image
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection
User avatar
Sunstar
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5158
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:40 pm
Location: Cybertron
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Transformers Comic Artist Sara Pitre-Durocher's Starscream Design Sketches

Postby WreckerJack » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Motto: "Attitude of gratitude"
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Sara Pitre-Durocher has posted two Starscream sketches on her Twitter page. It's pretty cool to see what could have been. The artist explains in her tweet that the colors did end up changing after this first draft. Have a look of the sketches below and tell us what you think!

Sadly Til All Are One is over but comic fans will be exited to know that Alex Milne is returning to work on Lost Light, check out the details in this article!

Image
Image
User avatar
WreckerJack
News Staff
Posts: 1283
News Credits: 22
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 2:52 am
Location: Pacific NW
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Rank: ???
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Sunstar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Motto: "All hail Lord Starscream"
Weapon: Null-Ray Rifle
I saw this when it was posted on twitter, but what I would love to see from her is how she imagines this as his alt-mode.

I am still disappointed the series ended :(
Image
"We, Decepticons, are a swell bunch. And boy do we have fun." - Starscream
"You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose auto-mobile as his vehicle mode when he could have flight." - Starscream
"For a guy hearing voices of the dead, you've got a pretty insensitive view of Mental Health" - Bumblebee
Starscream's Shrine ~ Fan Art ~Collection
User avatar
Sunstar
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 5158
News Credits: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:40 pm
Location: Cybertron
Alt Mode: Tetra Jet
Strength: 8
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 9
Rank: 10
Courage: 7
Skill: 9

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby Kurona » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:24 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Sunstar wrote:I saw this when it was posted on twitter, but what I would love to see from her is how she imagines this as his alt-mode.

I am still disappointed the series ended :(

Given the chest design and general aesthetic, I would imagine it wouldn't be too terribly distant from the WfC/FoC jet -- but in a different direction and, of course, with a lot more wings.

... I never knew until now I wanted an X-wing version of a Seeker. Hasbro, please, god, do that.
Complete and utter IDW DOOP-onwards Transformers fangirl. Also loves Beast Wars, Animated, TFP and that one TFCC story that made Alpha Bravo and Offroad great

Image
User avatar
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 7876
News Credits: 73
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:48 pm
Location: Scotland
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Rank: 8
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Re: IDW Transformers: Till All Are One Discussion Thread

Postby ricemazter » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Motto: "Search and Attack,
Attack and Destroy,
Destroy and Rejoice!"
Weapon: Ionic Displacer Rifle
Kurona wrote:
Sunstar wrote:I saw this when it was posted on twitter, but what I would love to see from her is how she imagines this as his alt-mode.

I am still disappointed the series ended :(

Given the chest design and general aesthetic, I would imagine it wouldn't be too terribly distant from the WfC/FoC jet -- but in a different direction and, of course, with a lot more wings.

... I never knew until now I wanted an X-wing version of a Seeker. Hasbro, please, god, do that.


I'm actually kind of disappointed his "true" body turned out to also be a jet. I think it would've been more interesting and fit the theme a bit better if he was originally meant to be a car or something. Although, it's a really good in universe explanation for the seeker body type.
ricemazter
Minibot
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:19 pm
Watch ricemazter on YouTube
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 9
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

NEW Transformers Dark Of The Moon Voyager class Megatron figure In Stock - Time Remaining: 7 days 54 minutes 47 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION DECEPTICON PREDAKING - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 55 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Takara United UN-27 Windcharger vs Wipe-Out 100% Complet - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 57 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Wave 1 Lot of 10 Heatwave Sideswipe Blurr + - Time Remaining: 14 days 16 hours 58 minutes 48 seconds
NEW (2) Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Shockwave - Optimus Lot - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 59 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers Platinum Ed Premium Autobot Heroes Ultra Magnus Combiner Wars MIB - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 24 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS 4 AOE GRIMLOCK G1 COLOR VER ACTION FIGURES KIDS BOY TOY - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 34 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Stunticon DRAGSTRIP 100% complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 5 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent
Twincast / Podcast #188:
"Mutinous Intent"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 13th, 2017