Optimus in TF4

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Optimus in TF4

Postby Ramjet's Ghost » Thu May 24, 2012 5:30 pm

So, what do you all think will happen with Optimus and his right arm that was detached in battle with Sentinel Prime? Will it be repaired and reattached? Does he switch alt modes? If so, to what?
Ramjet's Ghost
Mini-Con
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:50 pm

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Capt.Failure » Thu May 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Considering Starscream lost an arm in RotF and was back in fighting shape a few scenes later I don't think it'll be much of an issue for him.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby TulioDude » Thu May 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Capt.Failure wrote:Considering Starscream lost an arm in RotF and was back in fighting shape a few scenes later I don't think it'll be much of an issue for him.


I agree.


About Megatron,i didn't expect him to keep the face damage he got in ROTF.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1455
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Capt.Failure » Thu May 24, 2012 11:10 pm

TulioDude wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:Considering Starscream lost an arm in RotF and was back in fighting shape a few scenes later I don't think it'll be much of an issue for him.


I agree.


About Megatron,i didn't expect him to keep the face damage he got in ROTF.


I think some damage is more easily repaired. Megatron took a blast from his own rifle to the face and I'm sure some vital parts exist in that region, especially since headshots seem to be lethal. Probably the location of their equivalent of a brain, much like us. In the tie in material it was apparent Megatron's damage was slowly killing him, and he needed emergency repairs to survive. Even after that in the next film he's barely in fighting shape, only beating Sentinel Prime with a sneak attack.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby TulioDude » Sat May 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I saw it as the the Decepticons having less resources than being a hard part to fix.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1455
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Rushie » Mon May 28, 2012 9:01 am

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
I'm sure Optimus will return with the same alt mode and both arms without much of an explanation. Every film skips a few years and the audience will assume he got repaired by Ratchet. Remember Bumblebee's missing legs in film 1 and no mention of their repair in RotF.

It'd be interesting if they worked a newly designed arm into the fourth film though. It could homage Big Convoy and have the ability to transform into a vicious weapon like RotF Megatron or Cybertron Savage Claw mode.
Rushie
Pretender
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Rotterdam
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon May 28, 2012 10:02 am

Rushie wrote:I'm sure Optimus will return with the same alt mode and both arms without much of an explanation. Every film skips a few years and the audience will assume he got repaired by Ratchet. Remember Bumblebee's missing legs in film 1 and no mention of their repair in RotF.

It'd be interesting if they worked a newly designed arm into the fourth film though. It could homage Big Convoy and have the ability to transform into a vicious weapon like RotF Megatron or Cybertron Savage Claw mode.


It's like I said, Starscream lost an arm and it was no big deal. Limbs seem pretty easy to repair for Cybertronians. Vital systems are another matter though.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS 2015 YEAR OF THE GOAT PLATINUM EDITION SOUNDWAVE ACTION FIGURES TOY - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 52 minutes 36 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HUMAN ALLIANCE BARRICADE & FRENZY RD-24 ROBOT FIGURE TOY POLICE CAR - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 7 minutes 33 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS 2016 YEAR OF THE MONKEY PLATINUM EDITION OPTIMUS PRIMAL - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 17 minutes 58 seconds
Kids Logic TRANSFORMERS MECHA NATION MN002 BLACK CONVOY OPTIMUS PRIME - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 25 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Titanium Series Rodimus Prime Complete Hot Rod Diecast Cybertron - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 28 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Classics RID Rodimus Prime Figure Deluxe Complete CHUG Dark Variant - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 29 minutes 18 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS MP29 ROBOT FIGURE LASERWAVE SHOCKWAVE JAPAN - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 31 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundblaster & Soundwave Leader Class Toy - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 44 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
Twincast / Podcast #184:
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017
Website Security Test