Optimus in TF4

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Optimus in TF4

Postby Ramjet's Ghost » Thu May 24, 2012 5:30 pm

So, what do you all think will happen with Optimus and his right arm that was detached in battle with Sentinel Prime? Will it be repaired and reattached? Does he switch alt modes? If so, to what?
Ramjet's Ghost
Mini-Con
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:50 pm

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Capt.Failure » Thu May 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Considering Starscream lost an arm in RotF and was back in fighting shape a few scenes later I don't think it'll be much of an issue for him.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby TulioDude » Thu May 24, 2012 9:23 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
Capt.Failure wrote:Considering Starscream lost an arm in RotF and was back in fighting shape a few scenes later I don't think it'll be much of an issue for him.


I agree.


About Megatron,i didn't expect him to keep the face damage he got in ROTF.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1457
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Capt.Failure » Thu May 24, 2012 11:10 pm

TulioDude wrote:
Capt.Failure wrote:Considering Starscream lost an arm in RotF and was back in fighting shape a few scenes later I don't think it'll be much of an issue for him.


I agree.


About Megatron,i didn't expect him to keep the face damage he got in ROTF.


I think some damage is more easily repaired. Megatron took a blast from his own rifle to the face and I'm sure some vital parts exist in that region, especially since headshots seem to be lethal. Probably the location of their equivalent of a brain, much like us. In the tie in material it was apparent Megatron's damage was slowly killing him, and he needed emergency repairs to survive. Even after that in the next film he's barely in fighting shape, only beating Sentinel Prime with a sneak attack.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby TulioDude » Sat May 26, 2012 1:18 pm

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
I saw it as the the Decepticons having less resources than being a hard part to fix.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!


Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
User avatar
TulioDude
Brainmaster
Posts: 1457
News Credits: 1
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 6:20 pm
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Rank: 3
Courage: 8
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Rushie » Mon May 28, 2012 9:01 am

Motto: "Eh, keep your little planet. I'll outlive it."
Weapon: Fusion-Powered Particle Blaster
I'm sure Optimus will return with the same alt mode and both arms without much of an explanation. Every film skips a few years and the audience will assume he got repaired by Ratchet. Remember Bumblebee's missing legs in film 1 and no mention of their repair in RotF.

It'd be interesting if they worked a newly designed arm into the fourth film though. It could homage Big Convoy and have the ability to transform into a vicious weapon like RotF Megatron or Cybertron Savage Claw mode.
Rushie
Pretender
Posts: 721
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Rotterdam
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 4
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Re: Optimus in TF4

Postby Capt.Failure » Mon May 28, 2012 10:02 am

Rushie wrote:I'm sure Optimus will return with the same alt mode and both arms without much of an explanation. Every film skips a few years and the audience will assume he got repaired by Ratchet. Remember Bumblebee's missing legs in film 1 and no mention of their repair in RotF.

It'd be interesting if they worked a newly designed arm into the fourth film though. It could homage Big Convoy and have the ability to transform into a vicious weapon like RotF Megatron or Cybertron Savage Claw mode.


It's like I said, Starscream lost an arm and it was no big deal. Limbs seem pretty easy to repair for Cybertronians. Vital systems are another matter though.
Capt.Failure
Transmetal Warrior
Posts: 898
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 am


Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Universe GALVATRON Complete Hasbro Challenge at Cybertron Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 48 minutes 16 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-30 Weird Wolf Head Master Action Figure Toy - Time Remaining: 5 days 15 hours 17 seconds
Transformers Dotm FIREBURST OPTIMUS PRIME Complete Voyager Hasbro Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 12 minutes 42 seconds
TF PRIME DX AIRACHNID RID 1:012 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS  17453 ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 15 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction BUMBLEBEE Complete AOE Deluxe - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 20 minutes 25 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers TLK-03 Decepticons Berserker New - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 28 minutes 26 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers TLK-02 Barricade New - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 28 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Lot of 7- Deluxe Super Prowl Classics Cliffjumper Smolder Brawl + - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 43 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #185 - Carnage in Troja Major
Twincast / Podcast #185:
"Carnage in Troja Major"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, September 24th, 2017
Website Security Test