Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby steals_your_goats » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:19 pm

Weapon: Twin Swords
I'm really divided on this one.

On one hand I'm interested to see how they can improve on the already great MP-10. Real grill abs, wheels that fold in, maybe less dead eyes and a slightly better truck mode?

On the other hand I'm trying to go for a complete post MP-10 collection and this new Optimus throws a wrench into everything. I don't need 2 Optimus primes so what do I do? Get rid of Mp-10? That throws off my entire collection and makes me start at Mp-11. But then what happens when they reboot the seeker mold? I replace 11 and the repaints with the new ones and now I'm starting at 12. And if I decide to skip the new ones that leaves holes in the collection. What to do, what to do.
Delta Magnus wrote:This is because you are a hamhanded idiot.
steals_your_goats
Brainmaster
Posts: 1478
News Credits: 12
Joined: Sat May 23, 2015 8:10 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Dimetrodon
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby Black Hat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Motto: "Like a silver arrow I spear through the sky, my prose as purple as plums!"
Weapon: Double-Barreled Assault Missile Launcher
megatronus wrote:
Black Hat wrote:Blather & dribble, trolling & spittle.

Do you even have any of the Masterpieces you've trashed so confidently?

Well, you got me there. I can't say I have actual hands-on experience, no. Most of my complaints admittedly come from (highly subjective) aesthetic qualms- any commentary on actual physical qualities comes from either observation (MP-36 is DEFINITELY one hell of a complex beastie) or in-hand reports, mostly from Seibertron itself actually. But no, in answer to your question I don't actually possess these figures myself.

I dunno. There's something about these newer MPs that just doesn't quite sit right with me. Some still look "right" (Hot Rod and Grapple for example, which is odd as Inferno I find rather bland) but a lot of the more recent outings, whilst certainly impressive from an engineering standpoint and not without merit, just seem...off somehow. I get I'm in the minority here and I mean nobody any disrespect, but I'd be lying if I said I was 100% on-board with the sudden shift in direction Takara have taken with the MP line.

Now, with Prime himself, because he's a comparatively easy one to do (He's a rectangular-featured robot dude who turns into a boxy freight truck) a theoretical new MP shouldn't be as complex as Megatron, whose mere concept necessitates a lot of complex engineering. So hopefully he'll turn out well.

I will say though, if we don't get a "one last hurrah" redeco/retool of MP-10 done like the initial G2 Prime release (complete with missile launchers, soundbox and lettering on the trailer) I will be mildly perturbed. :lol:
User avatar
Black Hat
Faction Commander
Posts: 4389
News Credits: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:24 am
Location: 199X
Alt Mode: English Electric Lightning
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 10
Endurance: 5
Rank: ???
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 5

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Other than the 7-11 exclusive.... have we gotten Magnus white redeco of MP-10 yet?
SpikeyTigertron
Fuzor
Posts: 263
News Credits: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby william-james88 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 pm

SpikeyTigertron wrote:Other than the 7-11 exclusive.... have we gotten Magnus white redeco of MP-10 yet?

We have not.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 21511
News Credits: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby Cyberpath » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:50 am

Relic0037 wrote:
NTESHFT wrote:If this is true, I'm gonna swoop him up. My MP 10 I have now has an issue.....in bot mode, his chest wont close all the way up. It's got something to do with the bumper/ matrix holder. It will close up in truck mode though.

I have a similar issue. My MP-10's chest closes almost all of the way, but doesn't quite stay shut. My 10B Nemesis Prime doesn't seem to have that problem. I don't keep a Matrix in the chest of either one, so that has nothing to do with it.

Despite all this, I probably won't get a new version of Optimus, unless Takara can do something to blow me away:


Try pushing in the top of the robot grill as much as you can. It will create a small gap between his behind and back but the windows will stay closed.
User avatar
Cyberpath
Gestalt
Posts: 2555
News Credits: 314
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:16 am

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:35 am

Why not just bring out MP Powermaster Prime, that being the last G1 Prime design, instead of repeating an earlier edition? It's not like MP-10 is hard to come by, anywhere...
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Pretender
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:05 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Why not just bring out MP Powermaster Prime, that being the last G1 Prime design, instead of repeating an earlier edition? It's not like MP-10 is hard to come by, anywhere...
Because then that wouldn't be Convoy, it would be MP Super Ginrai.

The last G1 Convoy design for Japan was Star Convoy.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29920
News Credits: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:08 am

Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Why not just bring out MP Powermaster Prime, that being the last G1 Prime design, instead of repeating an earlier edition? It's not like MP-10 is hard to come by, anywhere...
Because then that wouldn't be Convoy, it would be MP Super Ginrai.

The last G1 Convoy design for Japan was Star Convoy.


That said, the G1 comic used the Powermaster design for Prime himself. Albeit an extremely downsized version.

Image
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Pretender
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:11 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Why not just bring out MP Powermaster Prime, that being the last G1 Prime design, instead of repeating an earlier edition? It's not like MP-10 is hard to come by, anywhere...
Because then that wouldn't be Convoy, it would be MP Super Ginrai.

The last G1 Convoy design for Japan was Star Convoy.


That said, the G1 comic used the Powermaster design for Prime himself. Albeit an extremely downsized version.
That doesn't matter to Japan. The cartoons were the dominate continuity over there.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29920
News Credits: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:18 am

I see, much the same as myself. To be honest, barring two stories, the G1 comic did pass me by completely back in the day. I am slowly catching up via the recent Transformers Part Work. I almost didn't bother with that though, after randomly picking up Car Wash of Doom. I thought it was a bargain find, a trade only £1... I wanted a refund afterwards :roll:
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Pretender
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby william-james88 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:29 am

MPs have to sell. Another MP Convoy is sure to sell and unlike other figures, they have a good basis to improve upon (just like MP10 compared to MP 01), which helps alleviate design costs I am sure.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 21511
News Credits: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 am

william-james88 wrote:MPs have to sell. Another MP Convoy is sure to sell and unlike other figures, they have a good basis to improve upon (just like MP10 compared to MP 01), which helps alleviate design costs I am sure.



Indeed. Likewise by potentially withholding MP Powermaster Prime until they are into The Takara Series releases, they will guarantee at least one top seller among the line.

It's a shame they are avoiding MP Gestalts, as I'm sure there is a MP Motormaster retool within this refining Prime mold.

As an aside I am considering a Prime for my brother for Christmas this year, is MP-10 the one I should go for?
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Pretender
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby william-james88 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:28 am

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:As an aside I am considering a Prime for my brother for Christmas this year, is MP-10 the one I should go for?

He is a great toy. It all depends on your budget. I made a list of the best Primes out there (for now)

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/34002/
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 21511
News Credits: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:13 pm

william-james88 wrote:
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:As an aside I am considering a Prime for my brother for Christmas this year, is MP-10 the one I should go for?

He is a great toy. It all depends on your budget. I made a list of the best Primes out there (for now)

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/34002/



Thanks. Just checked through the list. MP-10 it is ;)^

As an exclusive collector of the MP line (and newest edition City Bots) 'Budget' isn't a word that applies in my lexicon.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Pretender
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby Emerje » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:It's a shame they are avoiding MP Gestalts, as I'm sure there is a MP Motormaster retool within this refining Prime mold.

It would be impossible to make a Motormaster out of Prime since MM is basically a transforming trailer with truck feet. The way Takara Tomy does scale and accuracy a MP MM would likely be the same size as Combiner Wars Devastator so that the truck modes would be in scale. This is why they aren't doing MP Combiners. There are some scale things they don't mind messing with in alt mode like Bumblebee (tiny VW Beetle), but most combiners would be hard for them to overlook.

bruticus_g1_corrected_by_maromega-d4j8z0i.jpg


Combaticons comparison.JPG


There is a possibility of MP Ginrai/PM Prime happening eventually since he's still an Autobot leader and in the fan poll that got us Star Saber he came in third place. Fans have surely been heard and I don't think Legends Super Ginrai is going to hold fans over forever.

TakaraTomy Transformers Fans Choice Winner Announced - Star Saber Wins Image__scaled_800.jpg


Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
City Commander
Posts: 3370
News Credits: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:37 pm

To be fair, I think Takara are going more for Bot Mode scale accuracy than altmode, hence tiny VW Beetle.

The altmode scaling (much like those that don't accept Mass Displacement) is something I really don't get.

For example, Motormaster isn't a regular truck that transforms into a robot. He is an Alien robot that uses the imprint of an Earth vehicle (truck) to disguise his Robot body. They are not supposed to be exactly replicated real vehicles, they are merely supposed to look the part. So trying to scale them to their real life counterparts is meaningless.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Pretender
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby Emerje » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:To be fair, I think Takara are going more for Bot Mode scale accuracy than altmode, hence tiny VW Beetle.

The altmode scaling (much like those that don't accept Mass Displacement) is something I really don't get.

For example, Motormaster isn't a regular truck that transforms into a robot. He is an Alien robot that uses the imprint of an Earth vehicle (truck) to disguise his Robot body. They are not supposed to be exactly replicated real vehicles, they are merely supposed to look the part. So trying to scale them to their real life counterparts is meaningless.

They allow for a small margin of scale differences in the vehicle modes in Masterpiece, but they definitely would not allow a super small truck that's the same style as Optimus Prime just so the bot modes would be of similar size. That sort of thing is left to Generations, it's impossible in Masterpiece. Best you can hope for is Hasbro someday making a cartoon style Generations Leader class Motormaster in the distant future.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
City Commander
Posts: 3370
News Credits: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:02 am

As an aside, in the fan poll list, who is number 4? The only one I don't recognise on sight...
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Pretender
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:36 am

Motto: "It's not done right if it's not done well."
Weapon: Saber Blade
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:As an aside, in the fan poll list, who is number 4? The only one I don't recognise on sight...
Dai Atlas, Autobot Supreme Commander and Powered Master, from 1990's Transformers: Zone. Successor of Star Saber and predecessor of Sky Garry (temporarily) and Star Convoy.

Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
User avatar
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
Posts: 29920
News Credits: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:22 pm
Location: Tampa, FL
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 6
Rank: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10
Skill: 9

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:52 am

Thanks. That name is vaguely familiar from IDWverse, although that too escapes me. It's been a while since I looked though the HC Collection.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Pretender
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby Relic0037 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Motto: ""More than Meets the Eye, although my eyesight isn't what it used to be!""
Weapon: Slingshot
Emerje wrote:There is a possibility of MP Ginrai/PM Prime happening eventually since he's still an Autobot leader and in the fan poll that got us Star Saber he came in third place. Fans have surely been heard and I don't think Legends Super Ginrai is going to hold fans over forever.

TakaraTomy Transformers Fans Choice Winner Announced - Star Saber Wins Image__scaled_800.jpg


Emerje


Never mind the fact that he came in dead last in the poll, it still seems hard to believe there was a chance we could have seen a Masterpiece Fort Max. I wonder how they planned on pulling that off & how much he would have cost. I imagine he would have had to be around the size of Titans Return/Takara Legends Fort Max.
User avatar
Relic0037
Fuzor
Posts: 290
News Credits: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:15 am
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 9
Rank: 8
Courage: 6
Firepower: 3
Skill: 8

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby william-james88 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:40 pm

I cannot believe they voted for a masterpiece energon prime over a masterpiece fortress maximus
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

Image
User avatar
william-james88
News Staff
Posts: 21511
News Credits: 934
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:46 am
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby Emerje » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
william-james88 wrote:I cannot believe they voted for a masterpiece energon prime over a masterpiece fortress maximus

Chalk that up to bad timing. It was late 2013 and Encore Fort Max JUST came out back in March for $300. I think people were both content with their reissue and fearful of what such a thing would cost.

I'm curious how an updated poll removing Star Saber and Optimus Primal would turn out. Would Armada Prime take the number 1 spot? Would the recent reimagining of God Ginrai and Fort Max or the upcoming Encore God Fire Convoy effect their positions? Would Leo Convoy and Big Convoy rank higher because of the MP Beast Wars lineup? I really want to know!

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
City Commander
Posts: 3370
News Credits: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby AllNewSuperRobot » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:53 am

Yet who would replace Primal and Star Saber in the poll?

william-james88 wrote:I cannot believe they voted for a masterpiece energon prime over a masterpiece fortress maximus



I can only imagine Japan must have some attachment to the Unicron Trilogy, that I at least, never did.
User avatar
AllNewSuperRobot
Pretender
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Re: Takara Masterpiece Rumor Discussion

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:55 am

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Star Saber Sword
So, since MP-40 is now out in the wild, how long until we get the announcement for MP-42? I imagine it must be soon, considering I think we knew about Dinobot around the time MP-38 was hitting everyone and everyone was gearing up for Sunstreaker
Have Transformers News? Contact us HERE!
Wanna talk? Follow the Beasts to the D-Max Den... If you're brave enough
Image
Looking for a figure? Want to Get rid of one? I may have it for you or I may want it!!!
User avatar
D-Maximal_Primal
News Staff
Posts: 12861
News Credits: 290
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Indominus Rex
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Rank: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #201 - Sweet Boy
Twincast / Podcast #201:
"Sweet Boy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 10th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon