The Official Disgruntled Brits': G1.5 appreciation thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Postby Burn » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:25 pm

You know, I think it's time we moved this discussion onto the greatest thing to grace G1.5

Stalker.

Let's face it, he's one of the greatest TF's ever. But due to American's being stupid Hasbro feared having restraining orders taken out on them so they depowered him and gave him that lame name "Soundwave" to sell to the yanks.
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 45177
News Credits: 127
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby The Chaos Bringer » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:38 pm

G1.5 and G2 were certainly the Golden age of the UK's Transformers fandom. America missed out on a lot of great figs during that time.
Image
The Chaos Bringer
Targetmaster
Posts: 658
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:57 am

Postby High Command » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Motto: "The Original Disgruntled Brit"
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Burn wrote:You know, I think it's time we moved this discussion onto the greatest thing to grace G1.5

Stalker.

Let's face it, he's one of the greatest TF's ever. But due to American's being stupid Hasbro feared having restraining orders taken out on them so they depowered him and gave him that lame name "Soundwave" to sell to the yanks.


:grin:
Image
Burn wrote:I'm never clicking any of your links ever again.
User avatar
High Command
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8742
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:39 am
Location: RDD Warworld

Postby Burn » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:15 pm

You're slacking HC. We both know that's what his thread is really about.

That's right people! This isn't about G1.5! This is about the Stalker Appreciation Society! :grin:
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 45177
News Credits: 127
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby craggy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:34 pm

the Turbomasters were great. Boss was the sort of TF that I'd imagined for ages. The spinning roof/windscreen was so obvious but it took them ages to do. I didn't have too many of the other new G1.5ers, did manage to get Skram, but remember looking fondly at the little poster/catalogues that came with the figures. Clench and Pyro looked really good and are good examples of the kinds of characters that Hasbro should consider making again (that is to say, non-Prime/Megatrons that still look badass).
I cannot express my love for the original Classics line though. Going into Asda after my birthday, money burning a whole in my pocket and seeing all the old toys I'd missed out on when I was really little was fantastic! I got Prowl, Inferno, Wheeljack and Tracks all in one day once. Imagine seeing that in a supermarket today?
assembling a Neo-G1/TF:TM cast. Please PM if you have (or know of) the following at a reasonable price: Classics or Henkei Astrotrain, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, or 3rd Party iGear Ratchet and Ironhide.
Also looking for Universe Repugnus and Overbite, Frostbite and Longhorn and any Webdiver toys.
craggy
Faction Commander
Posts: 4786
News Credits: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:07 pm

Postby Damolisher » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:35 pm

Not a disgruntled brit, but a passingby Kiwi, but MAN, I F'Ing LOVED the Turbomasters!
Damolisher
Faction Commander
Posts: 4940
News Credits: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:29 am

Postby High Command » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:50 pm

Motto: "The Original Disgruntled Brit"
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Burn wrote:You're slacking HC. We both know that's what his thread is really about.

That's right people! This isn't about G1.5! This is about the Stalker Appreciation Society! :grin:


Half right.

This thread is about a few things.

1. It is the Stalker Appreciation thread.

2. It's time the ODB came back to where we belong: the toys forum our ancestral home. Soon the toy forum will be our again.

3. G1.5 is a pretty cool thing to have a thread about anyway.
Image
Burn wrote:I'm never clicking any of your links ever again.
User avatar
High Command
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8742
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:39 am
Location: RDD Warworld

Postby The Chaos Bringer » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:14 pm

UK G2 figures were all fantastic! The Obliterators are the best sub-group ever. Some of the Euro G2 figures had weapons that are unparalleled in their awesomeness. And I don't mean Turbomasters. I mean figures with rapid-fire weapons. The figures that would later be repainted as Machine Wars figures had the best weapons systems ever and they were all neutered before they were brought to the US :sad:
Let us not forget the greatest Euro exclusive ever! Previously exclusive to Japan, but later brought to the Uk, but not the Us...
ImageFigures like this are why there are disgruntled Americans. :BANG_HEAD: I want an Overlord so bad. And a figure with rapid-fire weapons would be nice.
Image
The Chaos Bringer
Targetmaster
Posts: 658
News Credits: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:57 am

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:18 am

I had a Euro Overlord, but had to sell it on, It was definately in G1 style packaging, similar to the "Classics" stuff that got released, not sure what Gen he counts as, but it was great to see a fig here in the UK that the American market didn't get, maybe that's why Hasbro-UK are so mean to us now!

Found this pic of the Overlord box, best I can do for the moment.
Image
User avatar
Pretender Skywarp
City Commander
Posts: 3397
News Credits: 39
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:33 am

Postby High Command » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:37 am

Motto: "The Original Disgruntled Brit"
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Pretender Skywarp wrote:I had a Euro Overlord, but had to sell it on, It was definately in G1 style packaging, similar to the "Classics" stuff that got released, not sure what Gen he counts as, but it was great to see a fig here in the UK that the American market didn't get, maybe that's why Hasbro-UK are so mean to us now!

Found this pic of the Overlord box, best I can do for the moment.


Overlord is technically G1 as far as any of us can be certain. He was released at the same time as the three brainmaster cars (from Victory, Overlord is from Masterforce BTW) as the "power masters" without their gestalt components needed to make road caesar.
Image
Burn wrote:I'm never clicking any of your links ever again.
User avatar
High Command
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8742
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:39 am
Location: RDD Warworld

Postby Death-Shed » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:55 am

G1.5 passed me completely by :sad: . I outgrew Transformers at the time the Pretenders were coming out and got back into them in '02 when I discovered they were still alive & well on ebay.
User avatar
Death-Shed
Fuzor
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:00 am
Location: Staffs, UK

Postby City Commander » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:11 pm

Weapon: Air Rifle
I knew nothing of G 1.5 sadly. But it delights me to know that the Yanks missed out on a load of cool figures.

Take that you coffee drinkers!!!1!! :P



Plus, if you want me to start appreciating Stalker, put up some decent pics of him looking kewl.
And no, I will not trapse over to the galleries if he has one. Put them here.



EDIT:- That's quite cheap!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SALE-TRANSFORMERS ... dZViewItem
Image
Electron wrote:sledge your comments are like a fat chick raping a hot dog, its unpleasent to watch but in the end its gonna happen

Mr O wrote:I'm part Irish, part Scottish, very Welsh, mostly drunk, somewhat Transformers nerd and all bastard.
User avatar
City Commander
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8639
News Credits: 2
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:47 pm
Location: AWC Headquarters (under the sofa)
Buy from City Commander on eBay
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Rank: Infinity
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Burn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:51 pm

I got a big ol box of junk TF's yesterday (actually there's some damn good figures in there), there was of course the obligatory Stalker. 8)
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 45177
News Credits: 127
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Bed Bugs » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:00 pm

Motto: "The Bigger The Buffet, The Better!"
Weapon: Dual Heat-Seeking Missile Launcher
Burn wrote:I got a big ol box of junk TF's yesterday (actually there's some damn good figures in there), there was of course the obligatory Stalker. 8)


Do you mean someone was trying to steal your toys Stalker, or an actual Stalker figure in the box? :P
Image
Botcon: The Legacy Collection
Bed Bugs
Guardian Of Seibertron
Posts: 6540
News Credits: 46
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Under Your Bed at Botcon
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Rank: 10+
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Burn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:00 pm

That there was an actual Stalker figure in the box ... git.
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 45177
News Credits: 127
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Postby Pretender Skywarp » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:54 am

The Master Blaster wrote:EDIT:- That's quite cheap!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SALE-TRANSFORMERS ... dZViewItem


Not sure how easy it would be to track all the parts down he's missing an awful lot if you compare the pic' here.

But, any chance to devalue one of HC's fav figs as got to be worth it just for comedy value!
Image
User avatar
Pretender Skywarp
City Commander
Posts: 3397
News Credits: 39
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:33 am

Postby High Command » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:18 am

Motto: "The Original Disgruntled Brit"
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Pretender Skywarp wrote:
The Master Blaster wrote:EDIT:- That's quite cheap!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SALE-TRANSFORMERS ... dZViewItem


Not sure how easy it would be to track all the parts down he's missing an awful lot if you compare the pic' here.

But, any chance to devalue one of HC's fav figs as got to be worth it just for comedy value!


He's one of the two figures I own a second one of, kept MISB...
The only other one is a MOSC Scarem FYI.
Image
Burn wrote:I'm never clicking any of your links ever again.
User avatar
High Command
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8742
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:39 am
Location: RDD Warworld

Re:

Postby High Command » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Motto: "The Original Disgruntled Brit"
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Burn wrote:You're slacking HC. We both know that's what his thread is really about.

That's right people! This isn't about G1.5! This is about the Stalker Appreciation Society! :grin:


Now where was I before being so rudely interrupted?

Ah yes!

Still no Stalker masterpiece I see. Boo.
Image
Burn wrote:I'm never clicking any of your links ever again.
User avatar
High Command
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8742
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:39 am
Location: RDD Warworld

Re: The Official Disgruntled Brits': G1.5 appreciation thread

Postby Burn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:08 pm

He'd get more love if he was a yellow or red Autobot.
Image
"Three blokes doing random crap and taking the mickey out of anyone and everyone"
Burn
Forum Admin
Posts: 45177
News Credits: 127
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:37 am

Re: The Official Disgruntled Brits': G1.5 appreciation thread

Postby High Command » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Motto: "The Original Disgruntled Brit"
Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Rocket Launcher
Burn wrote:He'd get more love if he was a yellow or red Autobot.


People just don't know a good thing when they see it.
Image
Burn wrote:I'm never clicking any of your links ever again.
User avatar
High Command
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8742
News Credits: 7
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:39 am
Location: RDD Warworld

Re: The Official Disgruntled Brits': G1.5 appreciation thread

Postby Skritz » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:45 pm

So, I'm not British (Canadian, really) but I did see/get some of these G1.5 molds as knockoffs back in the days. Specifically around the '90 and the Beast Era. Can anyone confirm how commonplace this was or if it's just something which kinda happened once in a blue moon?
User avatar
Skritz
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 599
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:40 am

Re: The Official Disgruntled Brits': G1.5 appreciation thread

Postby Acesmcgee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:49 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
So, as a coffee drinking yank I had to stop in and see what shenanigans y'all were up too in here. Decided to look up this 'stalker' trying to figure out how he could of been Soundwave here in the states. Ummm...I never knew I had a Soundwave growing up, I bought him at a garage sale. Have to admit, in shame (cause 'Merica and all that) Stalker was much cooler. Now I need to soothe my self esteem and toss some tea into the sink. ;)
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm
Location: Birmingham, Michigan
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: The Official Disgruntled Brits': G1.5 appreciation thread

Postby JelZe GoldRabbit » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:55 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Weapon: Dual Bladed Sword
Acesmcgee wrote:So, as a coffee drinking yank I had to stop in and see what shenanigans y'all were up too in here. Decided to look up this 'stalker' trying to figure out how he could of been Soundwave here in the states. Ummm...I never knew I had a Soundwave growing up, I bought him at a garage sale. Have to admit, in shame (cause 'Merica and all that) Stalker was much cooler. Now I need to soothe my self esteem and toss some tea into the sink. ;)


You monster! Not knowing who Stalker is, or how awesome he is, fine, you've redeemed yourself in that. But pouring perfectly brewed tea into the sink... :-(
"I have Autism and I'm proud of it!" - Myself

If anyone has spare RiD Mini-Con armor pieces for Glacius and Beastbox, or a spare TR Furos, hit me up!

The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3
User avatar
JelZe GoldRabbit
God Of Transformers
Posts: 20159
News Credits: 25
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:45 am
Location: McKinney, Texas, USA; Delft, the Netherlands
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Rank: 1
Courage: 6
Skill: 5

Re: The Official Disgruntled Brits': G1.5 appreciation thread

Postby Acesmcgee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:56 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Acesmcgee wrote:So, as a coffee drinking yank I had to stop in and see what shenanigans y'all were up too in here. Decided to look up this 'stalker' trying to figure out how he could of been Soundwave here in the states. Ummm...I never knew I had a Soundwave growing up, I bought him at a garage sale. Have to admit, in shame (cause 'Merica and all that) Stalker was much cooler. Now I need to soothe my self esteem and toss some tea into the sink. ;)


You monster! Not knowing who Stalker is, or how awesome he is, fine, you've redeemed yourself in that. But pouring perfectly brewed tea into the sink... :-(

Who said anything about brewed? >:oP
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm
Location: Birmingham, Michigan
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 4
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 7

Re: The Official Disgruntled Brits': G1.5 appreciation thread

Postby Emerje » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:47 am

Motto: "*Shrug*"
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Burn wrote:He'd get more love if he was a yellow or red Autobot.

Image

Half way there, now to change factions.

Emerje
User avatar
Emerje
City Commander
Posts: 3367
News Credits: 31
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:15 am
Location: Maine
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Rank: 6
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #201 - Sweet Boy
Twincast / Podcast #201:
"Sweet Boy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 10th, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon