This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Convoy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:21 pm

:CON:
The 'cons of this new series are slowly drawing me in.
I get a Battle Beasts vibe from Thunderhoof and a Breast Master feel off Steeljaw, and most 'cons as they resemble animals in bot mode and take a vehicle alt mode.

I've always loved Jazz.
Gimme MP!
:CON:

Edit:
Beastformer?
http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/8/8 ... boxart.jpg

Breastformer?

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/7/7 ... w-card.jpg
Last edited by Convoy on Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Information wants to be free.
Convoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 5

Postby Janus Prime » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:46 pm

The crab guy is probably Clampdown, there´s a Kre-O toy with that name.
Janus Prime
Fuzor
News Credits: 1

Postby Peridot » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:16 pm

Motto: "The sea, it calls to me!"
Weapon: High-Energy Laser Rifle
It almost looks like a cross between Galvatron and this guy:

Is it just me, or does it look like this 'Con is wearing lipstick? It almost reminds me of Roz from Monsters Inc.
Peridot
Combiner
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby Emerje » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:56 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
New video clip.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=59 ... nref=story

Talk about a missed opportunity for awesome figures of Drift and the guy people are calling Fracture. Maybe they'll get proper Voyager-comparable figures later, something like Voyager Soundwave/SoundBlaster/Blaster.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:06 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Emerje wrote:New video clip.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=59 ... nref=story

Talk about a missed opportunity for awesome figures of Drift and the guy people are calling Fracture. Maybe they'll get proper Voyager-comparable figures later, something like Voyager Soundwave/SoundBlaster/Blaster.

Emerje
Airazor and Divebomb are Fracture's minions?! :shock:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Transformers: Robots In Disguise - Drift Fight Scene Video Clip

Postby Va'al » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:18 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fellow Seibertronian Emerje has pointed us towards another potentially spoilerrific source of Transformers: Robots in Disguise news - a clip from the Chinese dub of the show, featuring a fight scene between Drift and a Decepticon character allegedly named Fracture. Check it out embedded below!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=590904277675746&fref=nf
Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby psj333 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:36 am

In a preview clip episode #11 of Robots In Disguise, a beige Decepticon who transform into an armored militarized pickup truck is revealed as Flamefeather, You might remember him from G1 as a Firecon as a comics-only character. As his name suggests, Flamefeather is described as some type of bird, just like his G1 counterpart. In episode #7, there is another bird-like Decepticon called Pickpocket. Because trucks don't fly, this lead us to believe that Flamefeather himself is actually a ratite, which means a flightless bird. Pickpocket on the other hand, does fly, which lead us to believe that when he transform into vehicle mode, he will be some type of a plane of sorts. What you say about that? Do you admire the fact that Flamefeather is both a bird and a truck at the same time, as opposed to his G1 self? :CON:
psj333
Combiner

Postby Janus Prime » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:41 am

Maybe the purple guys are Fracture, Divebomb and Airazor, from the Kre-O line. Underbite has a little partner as well called Ped. It´s an OK concept, I don´t hate it but I´m not super stoked about it.
Janus Prime
Fuzor

Postby Peridot » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:46 am

psj333 wrote:In a preview clip episode #11 of Robots In Disguise, a beige Decepticon who transform into an armored militarized pickup truck is revealed as Flamefeather, You might remember him from G1 as a Firecon as a comics-only character. As his name suggests, Flamefeather is described as some type of bird, just like his G1 counterpart. In episode #7, there is another bird-like Decepticon called Pickpocket. Because trucks don't fly, this lead us to believe that Flamefeather himself is actually a ratite, which means a flightless bird. Pickpocket on the other hand, does fly, which lead us to believe that when he transform into vehicle mode, he will be some type of a plane of sorts. What you say about that? Do you admire the fact that Flamefeather is both a bird and a truck at the same time, as opposed to his G1 self? :CON:

And just where are you getting any of this information? Do you live in China, where the show already premiered? It would explain the awkward grammar, at the very least...
Peridot
Combiner

Postby psj333 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:01 am

What I did, Metro Prime, was I previewed the clips online from 1905.com while I was in Canada. And that`s where I got all the information from. By analyzing the clips, I do get all the information from where I realized what to these new animal-based Decepticons will be like in the new show once it hits in the West.
psj333
Combiner

Postby Madeus Prime » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:33 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Hmmm...the minibots are interesting, I am liking the idea of Fracture's being bombs and Drift's being shuriken.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 10+

Postby Ultra Markus » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
reminds me of how soundwave and blaster eject their mini robots for battle
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Strength: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Seibertron » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:22 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
I can't help but see RID Drift and think Bludgeon. *sigh*
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Seibertron wrote:I can't help but see RID Drift and think Bludgeon. *sigh*
Yeah, those colors mixed with a samurai motif are VERY Bludgeon-esque.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think it was Bludgeon too (though, I'd also question his mustache and lack of a skull face :lol: ).

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby crazyfist » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:16 pm

About time they brought Jazz back! He's always been my favorite Transformer ever since 1984! And he looks awesome! Hopefully he'll appear in more than one episode, maybe he'll be like how Wheeljack was in Transformers Prime. I hope he either has Transformers Animated voice actor or Fall of Cybertron voice actor. Can't wait! Oh and I hope they make a toy of course…maybe a masterpiece...
crazyfist
Mini-Con

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:03 pm

Now that I have permission from their source (user Unluckiness of Allspark.com), here are the English translations of the Chinese synopses for episodes 1 through 14 that were posted on 1905.com.

Do note that obvious spoilers lie ahead.

Episode 1:
Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Strongarm follow the guidance given by a vision of Optimus Prime. From the planet Cybertron, they face a new challenge: Minicon Fixit's prison ship crashes on Earth, with the Decepticons prisoners aboard. Their stasis pods are scattered about. Denny and Russell are a father and son duo who live in Crown city. Danny's hobby is collecting used machine parts from a large junkyard.

Episode 2:
Bumblebee's team awakens the Dinobot Grimlock who fights and defeats Underbite. Underbite tries to escape to Crown City but Russell and Sideswipe use an aluminum car model as bait to lead Underbite into a quarry where he is defeated by being pushed into a pit. The image of Optimus Prime appears and commands Bumblebee to lead the team in defending Earth

Episode 3:
An oil tanker near Crown City is attacked by Hammerstrike. Hammerhead paranoia grips the seas throughout the planet. Bumblebee and Grimlock team up to defeat Hammerstrike. Strongarm confronts the reformed Decepticon Grimlock, mistrustful of him, causing Grimlock to leave.

Episode 4:
Chop Shop appears, having been stolen equipment to build a spaceship to leave Earth, lacking only the fuel to power the ship. Bumblebee is dispatched to capture him. Fixit's timely assistance allows him to defeat Chop Shop.

Episode 5:
A stasis pod is discovered near the Crown City Museum of Natural History. Denny and Russel, disguised as archaeologists and the Autobots in car form manage to obtain the stasis pod. The bull-like Terrashock emerges from the stasis pod. Bumblebee's team is exposed to the public during the ensuing fight thanks to Danny and Russell.

Episode 6:
Thunderhoof masquerades as a monster from local folklore known as the Kospego and commands humans to collect components to construct a space bridge leading back to Cybertron. The activation of the space bridge causes unexpected consequences, trapping Bumblebee and Sideswipe within the portal. Thunderhoof is transported elsewhere and runs into Grimlock.

Episode 7:
A bird-like Decepticon, Filch, is detected and is successfully captured by Bumblebee's team after some difficulty. Reality show director Denny wants to interview Larry LaRue, an antique collector but is rejected. Strongarm realizes that her teammates are more important than a rigid adherence to rules and regulations.

Episode 8:
Steeljaw secretly plants a Nitan, a louse-like device, inside Grimlock's body to control him. Grimlock is sent to attack a car junkyard and obtains Underbite's stasis pod. Bumblebee and Sideswipe manage to expel the Nitan and bring Grimlock back to normal. Steeljaw and Underbite manage to escape.

Episode 9:
While on patrol alone, Strongarm encounters Springload, a frog-like Decepticon. Springload believes that he is still on Cybertron and searches for the legendary lost city Doradas. Bumblebee, secretly tailing Strongarm, helps her to defeat Springload.

Episode 10:
The Autobot Jazz arrives from Cybertron to investigate the crash of the prison ship. The earthworm-like Decepticon Ped excavates the area near a scrapyard in search for energon crystals. The Autobots place energon near the residual energy signal of the stasis pod as bait to apprehend Ped.

Episode 11:
Bumblebee engages Quillfire in battle but is infected with a toxin that renders his intelligence at a child-like level. Quillfire later releases the elephants at the zoo but Bumblebee and Grimlock manage to corral them. Bumblebee defeats Quillfire and the toxin wears off.

Episode 12:
Two Cybertronian spacecraft land to the West of the Crown Forest. The Autobots pursue the Decepticon Fracture. Drift saves Bumblebee from Fracture, for which Bumblebee thanks him after the battle but Fracture manages to escape.

Episode 13:
The crab-like Decepticon Clampdown appears in Crown City's flood control channel. Clampdown's MO is to persuade others to uncover hidden treasure. During the fight, Clampdown is saved by Steeljaw and forced to join his army

Episode 14:
Optimus trains under the Minicon member of the Thirteen in order to better capture the Decepticons. The skunk-like Decepticon Stench, with the ability to spray an incapacitating toxin, appears, leading a gang of four. Grimlock, Sideswipe and Strongarm succumb to the toxin but Bumblebee is able to save the day. After the battle, Bumblebee reminds his team members of the value of focus and unity in their mission.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby AutobotJazz » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:24 am

Motto: "I do it my way: with style."
Weapon: Electrostatic Discharger Rifle
Dat Jazz. There better be a figure. Shut up and take my money Hasbro!
AutobotJazz
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 104
Watch AutobotJazz on YouTube

Postby Windsweeper » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:57 am

Looks interesting.

By the way Flamefeather was not a comics only character. In fact he was available in G1 and G2.
Windsweeper
Godmaster

Robots In Disguise (2015 Animated series) Official Opening

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:20 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
As the day for its airing in the west draws near, we have the Robots in Disguise Official Opening (intro) available, thanks to Youtuber Gokai Jolt. It is very reminiscent of Transformers Animated with a quick spotlight on the main autobots.

And for those in anticipation of the show and its toys, we have a bunch of high definition galleries for the various toys available here.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:39 am

What is it with Hasbro Studios and Transformers cartoon themes? Do they honestly think "generic action music" = "catchy theme song"? First Prime gets a boring tune and now RID gets an incomprehensible one. :roll:

This just means that Rescue Bots still has the best theme song of the three Hasbro Studios-made TF cartoons.
Last edited by Sabrblade on Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Peridot » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:40 am

There's a tad too many sound effects. It disrupts the theme song, which does sound pretty good. I hope we see an isolated/instrumental version of that single track at some point.
Peridot
Combiner

Postby Peridot » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:42 am

Sabrblade wrote:What is it with Hasbro Studios and Transformers cartoon themes? Do they honestly think "generic action music" = "catchy theme song"?

They do in my book. :D
Peridot
Combiner

Postby Madeus Prime » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:04 am

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Sabrblade wrote:What is it with Hasbro Studios and Transformers cartoon themes? Do they honestly think "generic action music" = "catchy theme song"? First Prime gets a boring tune and now RID gets an incomprehensible one. :roll:

Ugh, I agree. Transformers needs a fun theme song, not theme music. Especially stuff as boring as that. TFA was about as close as we'll get to a catchy redux of the original theme.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 6
Firepower: Infinity

Postby Nemesis Destron » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:12 am

Motto: ""So you see evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb!""
Weapon: Dual-Sonic Disrupter Gun
Wow that was some hot garbage! :SICK: I didn't watch the Prime series but for a few scene's here and there. But based on this new series versus the Prime series, Prime was way more impressive looking. I think the rings in the eyes worked in Prime but that's it, we got a new lame TF series in 2015...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Nemesis Destron
Gestalt
News Credits: 2

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:47 am

Voice cast!

Autobots
Bumblebee: Will Friedle
Grimlock: Khary Payton
Fixit: Mitchel Whitfield
Strongarm:Constance Zimmer
Sideswipe: Darren Criss
Optimus Prime: You know who
Drift: Eric Bauza
Slipstream & Jetstorm (Drift's minicons): Roger Craig Smith
Jazz: Arif S. Kinchen

Decepticons
Steeljaw: Troy Baker
Underbite: Liam O'Brien
Thunderhoof: Frank Stallone (younger brother of Sylvester Stallone!)
Clampdown: Jim Cummings
Fracture: Kevin Pollak
Airrazor and Divebomb (Fracture's minicons): Roger Craig Smith and Khary Payton
Hammerstrike: David Kaye
Chop Shop: David Hunt
Ped: Eddie Deezen
Quillfire: Andy Milder
Springload: John Steven Rocha
Terrashock: Kevin Michael Richardson
Filch: Constance Zimmer
Bisk: Khary Payton

Humans
Russel: Stuart Allen
Denny: Ted McGinley
Last edited by Sabrblade on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "KING IN BLACK IMMORTAL HULK #1 Marvel Comics 2020 OCT200531 (CA) Kuder"
KING IN BLACK IMMO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 var Avengers 60th Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230648 Lagace"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1053 Cvr D Superman DC Comics 2023 JAN233235 1053D (CA) Parrillo"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PETER PARKER SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #105 Marvel Comic 1985 Wasp 190331i"
PETER PARKER SPECT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1066 Cvr B DC Comics 2022 SEP223494 1066B (CA) Williams"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #633 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Wagner (W) Willingham (A) Kinsun 230915A"
BATMAN #633 DC Com ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #75 1:50 Hidden Gem Marvel Comics 2021 AUG211035 (CA) Ditko"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #145 Cvr A DC Comics 2024 0124DC001 145A (A/CA) Jimenez (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #145 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DEADLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #1 var connecting Marvel Comics 2022 (CA) Bengal"
DEADLY NEIGHBORHOO ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #252 Facsimile 1:25 Marvel Comics 2024 ptg OCT230972 (CA)Vess"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FCBD 2021 SPIDER-MAN + VENOM Marvel Comics APR210031 Silver"
FCBD 2021 SPIDER-M ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #91 Marvel Comics 2022 DEC211117 (CA) Adams (W) Gleason"
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #142 3rd ptg DC Comics 2024 1223DC879 (CA) Camuncoli + Nesi (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #142 3rd pt ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MILES MORALES SPIDER-MAN #30 1:10 design Marvel Comics 2021 JUL210673 (CA)Conley"
MILES MORALES SPID ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Sludge" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set(Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Sunstreaker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Soundwave and Soundblaster" on AMAZON