This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Discuss anything about the Transformers cartoons and comics! You can discuss anything from G1 to Cybertron as well as the comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW and more!

Re: The Official Transformers: Robots In Disguise (Animated Series) Thread

Postby Kurona » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Man, now Soundwave has his G1 voice too? I miss TFP Soundwave...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Courage: 3
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby ScottyP » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
That's pretty cool with Drift as the sword, fits with the character well! Wonder what part Slipstream and Jetstorm might have, maybe a shield? Or maybe forgotten entirely since they're not the gimmick this year.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Season 3 Trailer for Transformers: Robots In Disguise - Combiner Force 'Updated Footage'

Postby WreckerJack » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
As we know, season 3 (the actual season 3) of Transformers: Robots in Disguise will be arriving on Cartoon Network at the end of the month - we also now have a trailer for the next step in the animated series! Featuring Soundwave's voice, Blurr, Stunticons, and even more Combiners.

It's bad enough when you have to deal with the Decepticons year in and year out, but when they start combining into gargantuan versions of themselves things become even more stressful.

That's the premise of the third season of Transformers: Robots in Disguise, which will hit Cartoon Network on April 29th. Bumblebee's squad of Autobots will have to figure out how to work together to take down the new threat, but the Decepticons aren't going to make it easy. In fact, the only way to beat them might require for the Autobots to do some combining of their own.

Many of your favorite Autobots are making a return, but there will be a few new faces joining the battle as well. Transformers: Robots In Disguise stars Mitchell Whitfield (Fixit), Khary Payton (Grimlock), Will Friedle (Bumblebee), Constance Zimmer (Strongarm), Darren Criss (Sideswipe), Stuart Allan (Russell Clay), Ted McGinley (Denny Clay), Eric Bauza (Drift), Rager Craig Smith (Jetstorm), and Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime).

You can view the synopsis for the new season below, and the new trailer for season 3 "combiner force" can be viewed above.

Created by Hasbro Studios, the series focuses on Bumblebee as the leader of the Autobots as they seek to save the Earth from the Decepticons.

The season 3 theme is “Combiner Force” and the Autobots and Decepticons will take the battle between good and evil to new heights with the creation of Combiners – teams of Transformers who combine forces to create larger, more powerful bots. Bumblebee and the Autobot team must learn how to fight the Decepticons when combined with one another and truly work as one.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Postby Randomhero » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Kurona wrote:Man, now Soundwave has his G1 voice too? I miss TFP Soundwave...

He spoke in Prime when he was captured by the Autobots and itsthe same sounding voice,

Soundwave Superior, Autobots inferior
Randomhero
Gestalt
News Credits: 3

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun

Well, like Randomhero said, when Soundwave spoke in "Minus One" his voice did have the same vocoder effect that he does in this promo. It's ever so slightly heavier, but the vocoder effect has remained relatively consistent.

What I'd like to know, from anyone who bothered keeping up with Rescue Bots (*cough*Sabrblade*cough*), is if Blurr's voice is the same.
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 15
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Yo, Sabrblade (or anyone else for that matter): does Blurr have the same voice as his Rescue bots version? I can't really tell
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby PrymeStriker » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Motto: "When did I get this tattoo?"
Weapon: Thrust Gun
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Yo, Sabrblade (or anyone else for that matter): does Blurr have the same voice as his Rescue bots version? I can't really tell

PrymeStriker wrote:What I'd like to know, from anyone who bothered keeping up with Rescue Bots (*cough*Sabrblade*cough*), is if Blurr's voice is the same.

Cease and desist: stop thinking my thoughts. :P
By "Kim Yura" & "Zimmo81"
Henry921 wrote:You can always be counted on to listen to reason, Pryme.

Dead Metal wrote:Have you ever, and i mean ever seen/read/heard something that is completely original and does not copy/homage/pay tribute to something else? Here's a hint: Nope. You never have and you never will.
PrymeStriker
Guardian Of Seibertron
Alt Mode: An Enormous Red Rocket
Intelligence: 1
Speed: 1
Courage: 1
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: 1

Postby Kurona » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:12 pm

That's true, but that scene had a lot of weight and surprise to it because we'd gone over 50 episodes with Soundwave having never spoken. Because he never spoke that made the moment that much more significant; it gave his taunting and victory that much more memorability. It worked because it's something he never did.

While it's true we only hear him speak once in the trailer, the context kinda tells me it's not something he does particularly sparingly anymore. It's just very disappointing to see pretty much everything original, unique and fresh about the TFP version of Soundwave stripped away just to appeal to G1 nostalgia.

Oh no, wait, I mean, uh, as a return to how he was in the High Moon games. Yeah, that's definitely what they're going for and definitely why he looks like this.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
PrymeStriker wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Yo, Sabrblade (or anyone else for that matter): does Blurr have the same voice as his Rescue bots version? I can't really tell

PrymeStriker wrote:What I'd like to know, from anyone who bothered keeping up with Rescue Bots (*cough*Sabrblade*cough*), is if Blurr's voice is the same.

Cease and desist: stop thinking my thoughts. :P

that was really strange.... :lol:
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Kurona wrote:That's true, but that scene had a lot of weight and surprise to it because we'd gone over 50 episodes with Soundwave having never spoken. Because he never spoke that made the moment that much more significant; it gave his taunting and victory that much more memorability. It worked because it's something he never did.

While it's true we only hear him speak once in the trailer, the context kinda tells me it's not something he does particularly sparingly anymore. It's just very disappointing to see pretty much everything original, unique and fresh about the TFP version of Soundwave stripped away just to appeal to G1 nostalgia.

Oh no, wait, I mean, uh, as a return to how he was in the High Moon games. Yeah, that's definitely what they're going for and definitely why he looks like this.

That's exactly what I was going to say. One of the best parts of Soundwave's character in Prime was his eerie silence, it actually made him a bit terrifying. His one line was one of my favorites through the whole show. It's also going to be a bit weird since he didn't talk at all in the RiD episode where he came back from the Shadow Zone.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 2

Postby Soundwave902 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Motto: "Job specs don't matter, but shanix does"
Weapon: Sonic Disruptor
Anyone else wondering who Soundwave is speaking to?
Soundwave902
Mini-Con
News Credits: 8
Watch Soundwave902 on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronic Jet
Strength: 2
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 6
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 4

Postby william-james88 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Its official, that is rescue bots Blurr!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Deadput » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon

Yup the G1 Soundwave design and voice are really overused and I'm sick of him which is surprising because I don't mind Optimus Prime and Bumblebee that much even though neither are my fave characters since my brain is weird and never loves the main character of anything only side characters end up becoming my fave.

Also at least Prime and Bee do change in design sometimes outside of colors such as the difference between Animated Bee, Prime Bee and Rid Bee make him a bit fresher unlike Soundwave who has only ever had one role in his appearances as the loyal emotionless sound guy and is always the same now boring blue look.

Say what you will about movie Soundwave but at least his voice was a bit different without the vocoder and his design was different such as being a satellite in ROTF which makes a lot of sense and then in DOTM his car design was used to you know actually be a disguise and DOTM Soundwave's arm speakers were so bad ass I want to see them again.

Also his vocoder voice is so damn old and boring now as well as the fact I can't understand half the things he is actually saying because a communications officer with a vital role requiring communicating information should obviously not have a clear voice that everyone can understand.

IDW Soundwave right now has the best version of him ever even with the boring blue look.

If you guys can't tell I'm sick of Soundwave.
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Okay, okay, guys! Sheesh. :P

Yeah, from what little we can hear in that clip, it does kinda sound like Max Mittelman is reprising his role as Blurr, thoughh Mittelman does have one of those voices that kinda sounds like a lot of people's voices. :oops:

Here's a video with a good amount of dialogue from Blurr in Rescue Bots. Y'all can compare his "I just did!" line from that video with how he sounds in this:

Though, of note is how Sideswipe knows Blurr in this trailer and distinctly uses the word "rescue".

As for Soundwave's voice, Frank Welker used the same Dr. Claw voice for G1 Soundwave, ROTF/DOTM Soundwave, and Prime Soundwave. The difference between the three is just how much of a vocoder effect was placed over it. Here, it's used to a much greater extent than it was in ROTF, DOTM, and Prime.

Compare the following with each other:

Watch the beginning and end of the second video.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby Ravage XK » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:26 am

Motto: "Are those my feet?"
Weapon: 20 Megavolt Stun Rifle
I still haven't seen the 2nd season, get a move on Netflix (UK).

TF COUNT: Lost count!
Latest Additions: Haslab Unicron, Siege Jetifre, SS Blitzwing
Ravage XK
Gestalt
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 4
Speed: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 10+

Postby Insurgent » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:48 am

You stand two decepticons on top of each other, they'll find a way to combine.

I don't mind the vocoder effect on g1 and prime sounswave, but wfc, animated and this clip overdoes it. It's too difficult to understand him. I'm glad he didn't have it in the movies. Cybertron soundwave was... Borderline ok.
Beast Wars FOREVER!

Insurgent
City Commander
News Credits: 2

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:10 am

Sabrblade wrote:Though, of note is how Sideswipe knows Blurr in this trailer and distinctly uses the word "rescue".

I noticed that too. We finally get an actual Rescue Bots character in another series and with a good generations toy! There is hope for the others!
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Dr. Caelus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:17 am

"You have done well."

I never thought about it, but I guess his voice can be hard to understand. I still like it though. The silence thing was cool (they used it in IDW too) but it makes it pretty difficult to put him in a command position.

And I like things being different from G1, but when you're changing a character's voice, appearance, role, personality... and *not* as part of dynamic characterization (as in IDW, where Soundwave has become different with time)... there's only so many things you can change before it becomes clear you're just reusing the name for trademark purposes.
Check out my books, Titanomachies and Divine Retribution, on my blog!
Dr. Caelus
Faction Commander
News Credits: 6

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:31 am

Insurgent wrote:You stand two decepticons on top of each other, they'll find a way to combine.

I don't mind the vocoder effect on g1 and prime sounswave, but wfc, animated and this clip overdoes it. It's too difficult to understand him. I'm glad he didn't have it in the movies. Cybertron soundwave was... Borderline ok.

I totally agree that Animated Soundwave overdid it. It was the first time I noticed that.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:27 am

I can think of one reason to justify Soundwave's vocoder-enhanced voice. We all recognize that his new body is a closer match to his original Cybertronian body from WFC/FOC right? I mean, it's basically no different from how Starscream's new look was called out by Bumblebee as Screamer "going back to [his] old body style", in reference to how Starscream now looks like his more G1-based Cybertronian body from WFC/FOC, complete with forward-spread wings in his altmode, even. Thus, if Soundwave goes back to looking how he did back in WFC/FOC, would it not make sense for him to also go back to sounding like he did back in WFC/FOC (albeit, while keeping the same voice actor he had for his present day appearances, also like Starscream did)? Maybe the emhanced vocoder effect just comes with the body.

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby Kurona » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:07 pm

I suppose, but High Moon and TFP being connected in the first place was dumb for so many reasons and hence it made more sense to completely disregard it.

It made sense for Starscream. Going for a new body - especially one that gives off this feeling of regality and power - to fit his new kinda leadership rule fits that character immensely, and there were no significant changes to him other than that he was now free to do whatever he liked and holy heck was he going to go for power now that he can do whatever he liked. Helps that the body type isn't awfully different either - made sense, fit the character, only thing slightly offputting is that the colour schemes are of course vastly different but the TFP colour scheme was so dull and boring that I really don't mind.

Soundwave... has retained just about nothing about how he was in TFP. That's why it's frustrating.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Kurona wrote:Soundwave... has retained just about nothing about how he was in TFP. That's why it's frustrating.

But that doesnt matter since we already saw Soundwave in RID being directly like he was in TFP so you can have something way more radical since we already know that he's the same guy.

Also, his headsculpt is from TFP.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Kurona » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:26 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Kurona wrote:Soundwave... has retained just about nothing about how he was in TFP. That's why it's frustrating.

But that doesnt matter since we already saw Soundwave in RID being directly like he was in TFP so you can have something way more radical since we already know that he's the same guy.

Also, his headsculpt is from TFP.

That's... not really the point. It's not exactly like a quota has to be filled; it's not like Beast Machines Rhinox would have been fine if I had seen Rhinox being as he was in Beast Wars in the first few episodes. In fact that probably would have made me more annoyed than anything; that they can get him right and consistent but they chose not to because reasons.

And this isn't radical. At all. This is just G1 Soundwave but he has TFP's head which just looks bad on that body.

It's a fine design and I'm fine with them going G1... as long as it doesn't replace something much more original and fresh. That's what I'm taking issue with.
Kurona
Matrix Keeper

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:36 pm

But how do we even know that he's going to break his vow of silence to the point of him going back to speaking regularly, instead of simply remaining a bot of few words? It was only one brief little line that we heard in the trailer, not a swath of chatterbox dialogue. Everyone here who says he's gone back to speaking at length like every other character is jumping to conclusions without fully knowing all of the facts yet.

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Kurona wrote:And this isn't radical. At all. This is just G1 Soundwave but he has TFP's head which just looks bad on that body.

It's a fine design and I'm fine with them going G1... as long as it doesn't replace something much more original and fresh. That's what I'm taking issue with.

This is G1 Soundwave

It looks nothing like this

So how is he G1? The only thing in common with G1 soundwave is his colour.

Thats like saying this guy is just G1 Optimus Prime with Optimus Primal's head

william-james88
News Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Cartoons and Comics Forum

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Hasbro 2020 New"
NEW!
WFC-E15 RACE TRACK ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Voyager Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E10 GRAPPLE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K33 SLAMMER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
NEW!
WFC-K33 SLAMMER Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K10 MEGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader Beast Wars 2021 New"
WFC-K10 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K7 PALEOTREX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K7 PALEOTREX T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WRECK-GAR Transformers Studio Series 86-09 Animated Movie Voyager 2021 New"
WRECK-GAR Transfor ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Slug" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON