This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Power of the Primes Leaks, Rumours, Reveals, and More

Postby Rysquad » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:22 pm

AFTRHR wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Rysquad wrote:Opened my Battleslash and Roadtrap today.

Holy moly I'm impressed.

Great figure in Battletrap mode.

And the engineering.. I hope there are more Duocons in this line. Flytread and Skywheels?
Got pics?

And aren't they Skytread and Flywheels? :-?

I'm assuming he's saying that Flytread and Skywheels be the name of the two components of Flywheels similar to Battleslash and Roadtrap. Maybe he's using Skytread's names as part of Flywheels because he's the trademarked name. :P

Yep. I want to end up with Flywheels..
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Postby Rysquad » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:I wonder what Hasbro has planned for a theoretical reuse of the PotP Optimus Prime mold. Would they just do another black repaint in the same line to get a "Nemesis Prime" use out of the mold? It would be kind of fun to have a "Nemesis Orion Pax" figure because of that. I'd like to see instead a retool into Ultra Magnus, though admittedly, that would be a VERY extensive retool. The truck cab could be left largely untouched, but an entirely new trailer would be needed, and they'd have to do at least some resculpting of the Orion Pax robot parts. Or, and I know this is hard to believe, Hasbro might just leave well enough alone and not try to cash in on a double-dip on this mold?

Here's something crazy.

"Who did Dion become?"

Use it for Dion to Ultra Magnus!

The evolution gimmick is right now involves Primes but you could make the case that Optimus chose Ultra Magnus but the Matrix itself had other ideas.

For Leader Class

In CW, they double-dipped on Megatron (Armada Megatron) and Thundercracker (Starscream and Skywarp) and used Ultra Magnus for TR Powermaster Optimus Prime.

In TR, same story with Blaster (Soundwave), Sixshot (Quickswitch), Powermaster Optimus Prime (Magnus Prime), and maybe less so with Skyshadow (Overlord).
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr

Postby Hotconvoy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Motto: "Action figures are the right of all sentient transfomers fans"
Weapon: Cannon
Dang it i was gonna skip Rodimus Unicronus, but you guys are making me want him :-( ;)^ :lol:
Click link to view my new customs; Combiner Wars (deluxe class) Thundercracker,Combiner Wars Braver(nonbrainmaster), Titans Return Cliffjumper(comming soon) + more!
hotconvoy-s-custom-idea-mod-thread-t110853.php
Hotconvoy
Fuzor
News Credits: 1
Watch Hotconvoy on YouTube
Alt Mode: Dodge charger
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: Infinity
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby william-james88 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:31 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hotconvoy wrote:Dang it i was gonna skip Rodimus Unicronus, but you guys are making me want him :-( ;)^ :lol:

SAME!
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Rysquad » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 pm

I know Walmart is the place to find Wave 2 right now but here are the Target DPCIs:

POTP Prime Masters

Alchemist Prime 087-06-8339

POTP Legends

Battleslash 087-06-7027
Tailgate 087-06-7028
Roadtrap Tailgate 087-06-7029

POTP Deluxe

Moonracer 087-06-8343
Cutthroat 087-06-7062
Blot 087-06-7063
Sinnertwin 087-06-7064

POTP Voyager

Hun-Gurr 087-06-8360
Elita-1 087-06-8359
Inferno 087-06-8958

POTP Leader

Rodimus Unicronus 087-06-8365
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr

Postby Rodimus Knight » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:37 pm

As far as this Rodimus goes, I think it would have been more interesting if they had left the Symbol off altogether, since he's basically a creation/possession of Unicron. It just seems to me like he shouldn't have a group affiliation.
Rodimus Knight
Pretender
News Credits: 2

Postby o.supreme » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:41 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Rodimus Knight wrote:As far as this Rodimus goes, I think it would have been more interesting if they had left the Symbol off altogether, since he's basically a creation/possession of Unicron. It just seems to me like he shouldn't have a group affiliation.

When you purchase the toy, you can imagine whatever you like, I'm sure retro labels or some other 3P company will make replacement stickers for either SG, or for those that want no faction at all.

The simple fact is for the purpose of marketing the toys, there are only 2 factions -Good & Bad, and all get marketed under one or the other. All past Unicron toys have all been labeled as Decepticon, despite him not being so in fiction. I think only Takara would occasionally throw in a 3rd faction (Blendtrons etc...), but that was very rare indeed.
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
william-james88 wrote:
Hotconvoy wrote:Dang it i was gonna skip Rodimus Unicronus, but you guys are making me want him :-( ;)^ :lol:

SAME!

I found him today at the Walmart in Vadnais Heights, MN on my lunch break. He looks so good in this black, purple, and gray deco! When I was driving back to work, ACDC's "Back in Black" came on the radio. I found that very a propos. I can't wait to get off work so I can go home and open him up! :-D
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Transformers Power of the Primes Alpha Trion and Alchemist Prime Video Review Plus Bonus Review

Postby Bounti76 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
From regular toy reviewer and fellow Seibertronian Chuckdawg1999, we have a video review of the latest Prime Masters to hit retail, Alpha Trion with Landmine Pretender armor and Alchemist Prime with Submarauder Pretender armor. Chuck shows us the differences between Alpha Trion/Landmine who's retooled from Vector Prime/Metalhawk, as well as giving us a good look at the new mold of Submarauder. Check out the review below and let us know what you think of the latest Prime Masters to hit retail!

BONUS!
After our post of a silent review of Power of the Primes Elita One-1 (which you can see here), we now have a talkie video review of the fembot jet from YouTube. courtesy of Baltmatrix! Please enjoy!

Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Firepower: 6

Postby bodrock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Motto: "Spare me this mockery of justice!"
Weapon: Heat-Seeking Laser Blasters
I still need to open up Battletrap, but Tailgate is a cutie. :p
IMG_0469.JPG
I might prefer his T30 look -- but this one will do! :BOT:
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander
News Credits: 3
Alt Mode: Space Gangsta
Strength: 8
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8

Postby Acesmcgee » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Motto: "It only takes one step to move forward."
Just got alchemist and Alpha Trion, super fun little dudes. I went looking for Prime, saw him yesterday but didn't have the funds. Today he was gone, so I was sad until I saw these prime masters! The details on all of the masters is so nice, every time I really look them over I see new things. Skullgrins prime master has wheels sculpted onto the sides of his legs. Saw that today.
Acesmcgee
Fuzor
Alt Mode: Pickup truck
Speed: 4
Skill: 7

Postby bodrock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:19 pm

Nice, Aces! All I'm seeing today are Op & Roddy....
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:31 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Rysquad wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Neat news about Blastoff having a clear Megatronus. But I hate individual -master guys since they don't really have a place to go. Rodimus Prime will go with LG-63 G2 Megatron's dragon dude, Thunderwing is with Nitro Zeus, and Scorponok with Tidal wave, but finding more guys to pair these guys with kinda sucks.

I kinda want to buy more Nitros for guys like Scorponok.

I have put serious thought into hunting down more Nitros to slap heads on, like Apeface, Overboard, and one to actually keep his regular head
ZeroWolf wrote:I'm liking elita 1 more every time I see her, especially the gundamesq shoes of hers.

Same. Elita may be the repaint/retool, but she has killed it. She's fantastic.

And as for Rodimus Unicronus, screw everything, he is SG Rodimus Prime to me, and I will guy the labels to make sure he stays that way.
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8

Postby Emerje » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:57 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Quick thoughts on Roadtrap and Battleslash:

Battleslash isn't so bad. Helicopter mode is just convincing enough, aside from the big socket on the front, but I'm sure it could be explained away as a canon or something. Bot mode isn't terrible, proportions are alright.

Roadtrap is every bit as fidgety as Legends Wheelie in vehicle mode. You get a side panel in place and the back part splits, you get that part together and half the front window pops up. Pretty frustrating even with the built in locks inside the front wheels that are supposed to keep everything together. Bot mode is alright, his legs look stumpy thanks to the windows, but standing him next to Bumblebee the leg joints are all in the same place. Annoying alt mode aside, he's OK.

Their vehicle interaction with Prime Masters is very questionable since they can only sit with their knees bent the wrong way. Feels more like they were meant to be powered up by the PM spark modes rather than ridden by the bot modes.

As Battletrap he's pretty nice. Hands look awkward, but not terrible. He's free of kibble which is a huge plus when compared to Centuritron (the closest thing to Battletrap in Generations). His knees are fine, they're covered and go further down his leg than they look like they do in pictures. I'm not crazy about the official transformation of his back so I like to reassemble the top of the helicopter on his back keeping the propellers functional, though extended on a pair of bars, but I like the way they can be pivoted for hovering and such. I'm happier with him every time I play around with him.

Really looking forward to Flywheels and optimistic for a potential Landcross in the future.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby bodrock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:22 pm

Great to hear your thoughts on Battletrap, Emerje -- I might have to open up them duocons tonight.....
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander

Postby Lore Keeper » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:02 pm

Today was a great day for me. I managed to snag both Voyagers and Rodimus! I'm relieved to say no breakage on evil Roddy's exhaust pipes. Hun-Gurrr is cool and his torso mode may have just become my favorite ever. Elita looks fantastic in robot and torso modes. BUT... I cannot fully transform her into jet mode. The nose cone section just does NOT line up with the four pegs it's supposed to attach to. I spent a good hour trying to fiddle/force it into place with no luck. Has anyone else had an issue with this?
Lore Keeper
Headmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Lore Keeper » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 pm

Nevermind. I finally got it to work. It's difficult, but if you press in at the correct angles in the right sequence, the nose cone will just barely fit into place. And for anyone wondering, Elita's legs do properly fit together in jet mode. No more gap. :D
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Lore Keeper wrote:Nevermind. I finally got it to work. It's difficult, but if you press in at the correct angles in the right sequence, the nose cone will just barely fit into place. And for anyone wondering, Elita's legs do properly fit together in jet mode. No more gap. :D

Wait, are you saying that Elita has no thigh gap? RUDE!
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Intelligence: 10
Firepower: 2

Postby Lore Keeper » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:58 pm

Wolfman Jake wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Nevermind. I finally got it to work. It's difficult, but if you press in at the correct angles in the right sequence, the nose cone will just barely fit into place. And for anyone wondering, Elita's legs do properly fit together in jet mode. No more gap. :D

She's THICC... Just the way I like it! :-D
Also, for everyone that was disappointed about Abominus not having dragon head knees (I was one of them), it turns out they would not work with many limb bots due to their front kibble. It was a necessary sacrifice to keep the Scramble City compatibility intact.
Picture for reference: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfPdJ6MhTkZ/
Lore Keeper
Headmaster

Transformers Power of the Primes Elita-1 and Abominus in Full Combined Modes

Postby Cobotron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Motto: "Free your mind, and your ass will follow!"
Weapon: Sword

Enter the COLLECT-O-TRON
Burn wrote:
Agamemnon wrote:Let's get back to talking about Burn's mammoth snout flopping... :-s

Well I am Australian. It's kinda what we're known for.
Cobotron
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 41
Alt Mode: A Sleeping Bear
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10

Postby bodrock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Looking HAWT, Elita-Prime! ;)
Transform & MEMEIFY!

>GAME-ON/UTAWARERUMONO/
>PretenderQuest
>On InstaGram
bodrock
City Commander

Postby TheRebirth » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 pm

Lore Keeper wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

She's THICC... Just the way I like it! :-D
Also, for everyone that was disappointed about Abominus not having dragon head knees (I was one of them), it turns out they would not work with many limb bots due to their front kibble. It was a necessary sacrifice to keep the Scramble City compatibility intact.
Picture for reference: https://www.instagram.com/p/BfPdJ6MhTkZ/

I don't have to have scramble city compatibility, but practically, out of all the combiner wars line, I think the dragon knees would only work with the Dead End / Breakdown molds. I still don't care and am hoping for third party Abominus thigh fillers with adjustable dragon heads :)
TheRebirth
Mini-Con

In-Hand Pictures of Elita-1 and Abominus in Fully Combined Modes

Postby Bounti76 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 am

Thanks to our very own Cobotron, we now have pictures of the highly anticipated Transformers Power of the Primes Elita One -1 and Hun-Gurrr fully combined! While we've seen pictures of both of them in their torso modes before, we haven't seen many pictures with any limbs attached- and in the case of Elita-1, this is the first time most of us have seen her with ANY limbs attached. Cobotron uses the Combaticons as limbs for Abominus to great effect, and the G2 Aerialbots for Elita-1 (no official name for her gestalt mode seems likely to happen) in spectacularly garish G2 fashion. He also shows off Elita-1 with Botcon Tigatron, and Combiner Wars Wheeljack, Quickslinger and Rook as limbs.

What do you think? Are you more excited for the rest of the Terrorcons to show up now? Itching for Moonracer and Wave 4's Firestar to give Elita-1 some more fembot limbs? Let us know below!
Bounti76
News Staff
News Credits: 379
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9

Postby megatronus » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:14 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Where's Elita's combiner head?
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Postby SpikeyTigertron » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:15 am

I'm blown away by Hungerr/Abombinus there were SOO MANY little touches they did to that mold they *didn't* have to do. The automorphing with the fins, the *extra* fins on the shin panels!

As for Elita Uno it's amazing how much a deco/color layout changes the figure. I couldn't stand starscream in Torso mode... but somehow... I'm fine with hers. Her thigh/wrist also being white with the red/maroon gauntlet does subtle wonders for breaking up that "hulk forearm".
SpikeyTigertron
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 2

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K26 TRACKS Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K26 TRACKS Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E38 MEGATRON Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER-13 Takara New"
WFC-E38 MEGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E22 QUINTESSON JUDGE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Tomy ER EX-08"
WFC-E22 QUINTESSON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OPTIMUS PRIMAL + RATTRAP Transformers War Cybertron Trilogy Kingdom Netflix 2021"
OPTIMUS PRIMAL + R ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR Transformers Studio Series 86-03 Animated Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
BLURR Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SCRAPHEAP Transformers Studio Series 86-24 Animated Movie Voyager 2024 New"
SCRAPHEAP Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #5 Cover B IDW Comic Book 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 5B (CA) Whitman"
TRANSFORMERS #5 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON