This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro SDCC 2017 Exclusives Discussion

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Hasbro SDCC 2017 Exclusives Discussion

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
The only reason to buy this TLK Optimus is to not already own the normal release. Because appart the weapons, the differences are negligible.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

SDCC 2017 Exclusive Primitive Skateboarding Optimus Prime and Shreddicus Maximus - In Hand

Postby shajaki » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:48 pm

Motto: "A man who wants nothing is invincible."
Evenin' Seibertron! Thanks to Facebook'er Harris Ars. tonight we have some new in hand shots of the SDCC 2017 Exclusive Primitive Skateboarding Optimus Prime and Shreddicus Maximus. Aside from the black deco and additional skate boarding goodies, you might recognize him in his previous outfit, Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime. See the two side by side, along with Nucleon Quest Super Convoy (which was likely the inspiration for this Exclusive) all below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com: home for the best Galleries and Conversation around!

shajaki
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 293
Buy from shajaki on eBay

Postby Emerje » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
-Kanrabat- wrote:The only reason to buy this TLK Optimus is to not already own the normal release. Because appart the weapons, the differences are negligible.

Negligible?

There are many, many more paint apps on the exclusive, especially in the arms and legs. Plus he has chest flames and a slightly better (but still too blue) looking head. Overall it's far and a way a better looking figure.

I'm thinking of getting it, but I also feel like a better version could come as a Platinum edition later, but would require me to buy other figures I don't want.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby Deadput » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:21 pm

Motto: "Let's kick the tires and light the fires!"
Weapon: Fusion Blaster Cannon
=P~ I neeeeeed it!!! I need it right now!

Never stop making awesome headmasters Hasbro
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Yes. Now go to your room and don't play with yourself.

Deadput
Faction Commander
News Credits: 54
Alt Mode: A mec suit for redundancy.
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 9
Endurance: 3
Courage: 7
Firepower: 10
Skill: 5

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:22 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Emerje wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:The only reason to buy this TLK Optimus is to not already own the normal release. Because appart the weapons, the differences are negligible.

Negligible?

There are many, many more paint apps on the exclusive, especially in the arms and legs. Plus he has chest flames and a slightly better (but still too blue) looking head. Overall it's far and a way a better looking figure.

I'm thinking of getting it, but I also feel like a better version could come as a Platinum edition later, but would require me to buy other figures I don't want.

Emerje

But it's also extra incorrect paint apps without fixing the errors the regular figure has (like that damn blue collar) and the chest flames haven't been done very well at all (and still didn't bother to add them onto the shoulders). I'm much happier with my regular version with some custom paint I've added and awaiting Toyhax to provide awesome flame stickers for chest and shoulders.
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby Rysquad » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:06 pm

I still feel like Hasbro is going to hold back because of Hascon.

I miss when they'd actually have toys as booth freebies vs. the posters they have had recently. Still have Cybertron Skywarp in an old Comic-Con bag somewhere.
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Re: SDCC 2017 Exclusive Primitive Skateboarding Optimus Prime and Shreddicus Maximus - In Hand

Postby Rysquad » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:08 pm

shajaki wrote:

Anyone on Shapeways making Titan Master skateboards? :lol:
Rysquad
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 9

Re: SDCC 2017 Exclusive Primitive Skateboarding Optimus Prime and Shreddicus Maximus - In Hand

Postby WreckerJack » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Motto: "The complain train is leaving the station."
Weapon: Arc-Welders
Rysquad wrote:
shajaki wrote:
PICTURE

Anyone on Shapeways making Titan Master skateboards? :lol:

Hey with a popsicle stick and some imagination you can make it happen. I mean you could get one of those tech decks but that wouldn't work for the titan master heads. Might look good on a deluxe/warrior class figure.
WreckerJack
Godmaster
News Credits: 295
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 5
Firepower: 7
Skill: 8

Images of BAIT San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives

Postby WreckerJack » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:56 pm

BAIT is a company that carries premium apparel, collectibles and other goods has made some Transformers themed vinyl figures and other toys for San Diego Comic-Con. If you will be attending this year you will be able to find these exclusive toys at BAIT's booth, #532.

We have posted some pictures of these neat figures for your viewing pleasure. There are a few different characters available in a G1 style and a set of Medicom plus Bait Megatron Bearbrick. If you'd prefer something a little more traditional, have a look at these images of SDCC 2017 Exclusive TLK Optimus Prime.

WreckerJack
Godmaster

Postby Terrsolpix » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:58 pm

Motto: "Once you go movie you can never go back"
Weapon: Wrist-Launched Heat-Seeking Missiles
Petition to never have them do characters with lips ever again. All in favor say aye! :KREMZEEK:
Accidental movie collector, complete SS fanboy.
Terrsolpix
Combiner
News Credits: 10
Watch Terrsolpix on YouTube
Alt Mode: Some silly cybertronian tank
Strength: ???
Endurance: 2
Courage: 3
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 1

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:37 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Terrsolpix wrote:Petition to never have them do characters with lips ever again. All in favor say aye! :KREMZEEK:
Not even Overlord? :-P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 9

Postby dragons » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:59 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Terrsolpix wrote:Petition to never have them do characters with lips ever again. All in favor say aye! :KREMZEEK:

I see no problem with it they do look more human with lips as giant alien robots they are that's how they look in cartoon and comics
dragons
Gestalt
News Credits: 21

Postby WreckerJack » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:47 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

WreckerJack
Godmaster

Postby ScottyP » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:33 pm

Weapon: Battle Blades
There's no way those two OPs are it, right? Gotta wonder what else they're holding out on showing until the last minute - or maybe this is it and the bigger exclusives are for Hascon :-?
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Terrsolpix » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:34 pm

ScottyP wrote:There's no way those two OPs are it, right? Gotta wonder what else they're holding out on showing until the last minute - or maybe this is it and the bigger exclusives are for Hascon :-?

I think you mean 3. There is a TRU/SDCC MP-10 prime exclusive.
Terrsolpix
Combiner

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:57 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Terrsolpix wrote:
ScottyP wrote:There's no way those two OPs are it, right? Gotta wonder what else they're holding out on showing until the last minute - or maybe this is it and the bigger exclusives are for Hascon :-?

I think you mean 3. There is a TRU/SDCC MP-10 prime exclusive.

But MP 10 is at the TRU booth, no? And thus seen as a TRU exclusive and not a Hasbro SDCC exclusive that can be purchased at the Hasbro table? Not sure what counts as an SDCC exclusive.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Pictorial Review of Primitive Skateboarding x Transformers Optimus Prime and Shreddicus Maximus

Postby Va'al » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:35 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Courtesy of OzFormers' griffin, who received the item directly from Hasbro, we have an in-hand pictorial review - in addition to the images we reported here - of the San Diego Comic Con 2017 exclusive Primitive Skateboarding Optimus Prime and Shreddicus Maximus! Check out the images below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

As noted in a previous post, this will be an exclusive at SDCC next week, for US$50.
Considering the regular retail price of Leader Class Generations toys are currently US$45, this is probably one of the best value SDCC Transformers
toys, for only being $5 more, but having a fancy display box and extra accessories.

Since it is partnering with an actual American skateboarding business, I would be surprised if it shows up in other countries (some SDCC exclusives
do, particularly in Asia, and occasionally in Australia - the last one showing up here was Devastator from the 2013 SDCC).

The box - very nice in black and gold... and the watermark effect on the front and back is actually embossed (textured to the touch), which is also a very nice touch.
The black eyes makes me think of the dead Optimus in the 1980s cartoon (post-movie episodes), and I think the eyes should have been done in grey or gold.

The toy is also black and gold, but under bright light (and camera flash), it looks more like the colour of dark chocolate.

A flip-lid, like you get with several past SDCC exclusives and the Japanese Combiner boxsets. The writing inside the lid is the bio for this toy.
The contents inside the box is the black and gold Leader Class Titans Return Optimus Prime toy, with the regular four weapons and Titanmaster,
plus two ramps, a skate rail, and a hoverboard. Those four extra items all appear to be newly created for this exclusive SDCC set, as they combine
to form a gun for the robot mode of Optimus, and attach to the other two modes in specific ways.
(one of the ramps had come loose in the box)

The tray of toy and accessories. With Optimus packaged in robot mode and the Titanmaster (Shreddicus Maximus) on the hoverboard, the head of
Optimus looks eerie with nothing inside the helmet.

The instruction sheet.
The descriptions listed with the "trick names" on the back don't make much sense, as they don't seem to describe skater actions or tricks.

And the third mode, the base mode, the ramps and skate rail plug into the holes near the trailer wheels, to make it look more like a skate park, but
the ramps just end up hovering in the air.
Which is fine for a hoverboard, but not for a skateboard with wheels on it.

Speaking of skateboards... looks like word of this new skate-park on Cybertron has spread, and a couple have shown up to see if they can drop
in and do some tricks.
Actionmaster Jazz said that he and his turbo-board were too cool for this Primitive skate-park.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Deadput » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:41 am

I need him.

I know Hasbro toy shop carries exclusives after the event but would any other place sale him like BBTS? (Kinda expensive for Canadians I know but I'll put him in the "pile of loot" to save on shipping until I'm ready for him)
Va'al wrote:
Deadput wrote:Actually I don't know my mother's name is Valerie so is Va'al actually my mother?

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Terrsolpix » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:41 am

This is gorgeous in regular lighting. Also, it's litterally a railgun. This is hasbro's apology for the stuff they've pulled recently, isn't it?
Terrsolpix
Combiner

Postby Terrsolpix » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:43 am

Deadput wrote:I need him.

I know Hasbro toy shop carries exclusives after the event but would any other place sale him like BBTS? (Kinda expensive for Canadians I know but I'll put him in the "pile of loot" to save on shipping until I'm ready for him)

Probably not. These are hasbrotoyshop exclusives, and HTS isn't run by Hasbro. So I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Terrsolpix
Combiner

Postby Deadput » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:56 am

Terrsolpix wrote:This is gorgeous in regular lighting. Also, it's litterally a railgun. This is hasbro's apology for the stuff they've pulled recently, isn't it?
Yeah it does look gre-wait a minute...

Terrsolpix wrote: Also, it's litterally a railgun.

Terrsolpix wrote: railgun.

Va'al wrote:

Deadput
Faction Commander

Postby Kurona » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:07 am

Motto: "Don't forget to subscribe to the official Doctor Who youtube channel"
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
He's more beautiful than I ever could have imagined...
Kurona
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 191
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 2
Endurance: 1
Firepower: 1
Skill: 2

Postby Burn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:11 am

Motto: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to randomly click things in the Admin Panel to see what it breaks."
Who's going to SDCC and would be kind enough to get me a Primitive Skateboarding Prime?

Seriously want him ...
Burn
Forum Admin
News Credits: 226

Postby Palo_zfogs » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:27 am

Motto: "The more insane, the better."
Weapon: Quasar Cannon
His city mode looks way cooler with the ramp on it. And the concept of the "Railgun" as his new weapon is even more awesome!
Palo_zfogs
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Dark-Matter Space Cruiser

Postby LOST Cybertronian » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:17 pm

Motto: "I've looked into the eye of this island and what I saw was...beautiful"
Weapon: Double-Barreled, Armor-Piercing Particle Beam Cann...
Maybe if there was some kind of Autobot-Decepticon alliance, you could have this Prime in base mode with the ramps/rail and Soundwave in base mode with the Reprolabel night club and start some kind of Cybertronian entertainment district.
-Kanrabat- wrote:YEah, too many Transformers are in a serious need of a good rim job.

Blast Cannon wrote:This thread is brilliant. Duragrip you are a gloriously weird sexual deviant and I love it.
LOST Cybertronian
Faction Commander
News Credits: 1235
Buy from LOST Cybertronian on eBay

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LIFT-TICKET Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2022 New"
LIFT-TICKET Transf ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SKYWARP Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class complete Hasbro 2015 230903A"
SKYWARP Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CLOUDRAKER Transformers Titans Return Generations Legends complete 2017 231209A"
CLOUDRAKER Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (LEFT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817D"
Trypticon RAMP (LE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TURBO TRACKS Transformers Generations Reveal Shield Deluxe complete 2010 230809A"
TURBO TRACKS Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformers Classics Deluxe complete Hasbro 2006 230809A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "RATCHET Transformers Universe Deluxe complete Machine Robot Rescue 2003 230830A"
RATCHET Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "QUAKE + CHASM Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2017 231208H"
QUAKE + CHASM Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MAGNIFICUS Transformers Legacy Deluxe Generations Selects Hasbro 2023 New"
MAGNIFICUS Transfo ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-GS23 DEEP COVER Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-GS23 DEEP COVE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Hot Rod and Firedrive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON