This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
reluctantyouth wrote:Ok. So I just successfully ordered Stinger, at 8:27 AM Central, and my total was $21.24. I put in code "ITROCKS18" that said I would get $4.67 off the price. However...when all was said and done I ended up with MSRP, free shipping, and $1.24 tax. The new site is weird. I don't know if I just lucked out or got screwed. I'm happy I got a Stinger though...the coolest of the 4 available. :-?

~reluctantprime~ :BOT:

Update: Ok so it looks like "ITROCKS18" gave me a $5.99 promo discount that wiped out shipping. I'm ok with that!! I hope it works for those looking to grab just one figure.

Hey, I put that code in (just ordering the deluxe Bee), and its not showing any money taken off in the promo section. Was that the case for you?
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

Postby reluctantyouth » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:23 am

The promo code showed up quickly prior to order page. When I got past the enter shipping info page...my total was then $21.24 and no promo discount showed up. did you get the message that "ITROCKS18" code was accepted?
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby reluctantyouth » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:25 am

EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
reluctantyouth wrote:Ok. So I just successfully ordered Stinger, at 8:27 AM Central, and my total was $21.24. I put in code "ITROCKS18" that said I would get $4.67 off the price. However...when all was said and done I ended up with MSRP, free shipping, and $1.24 tax. The new site is weird. I don't know if I just lucked out or got screwed. I'm happy I got a Stinger though...the coolest of the 4 available. :-?

Update: Ok so it looks like "ITROCKS18" gave me a $5.99 promo discount that wiped out shipping. I'm ok with that!! I hope it works for those looking to grab just one figure.

Hey, I put that code in (just ordering the deluxe Bee), and its not showing any money taken off in the promo section. Was that the case for you?

The promo code showed up quickly prior to order page. When I got past the enter shipping info page...my total was then $21.24 and no promo discount showed up. did you get the message that "ITROCKS18" code was accepted?
reluctantyouth
Vehicon
News Credits: 26

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:30 am

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
reluctantyouth wrote:
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:

Yeah, it's showing a $30.01 total for me though.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6

Postby Hydrargyrus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:17 pm

Motto: "Solutions can be found if one knows where to look."
Weapon: Ion Pulse Guns
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
MagicDeath wrote:Yeah, I know, but it seems like they prioritized bot modes. I, personally, would have preferred it the other way around. I think it’s easier to headcanon differences in robot size than the size of actual vehicles.

What mode do you display them in the most? Bot or vehicle?

Well, robot, but I do display a few in vehicle mode. Still, I’d like it to be believable. I don’t expect it from any current lines, and the scale here looks nice, but vehicle mode scale has always been intriguing to me.
Sometimes I say strange things.

“But, okay—if I want to prove him wrong, maybe I should look at things from his P.O.V.”
—Wheeljack, RiD #3

formerly known as MagicDeath
Hydrargyrus
Vehicon
Buy from Hydrargyrus on eBay
Alt Mode: Kronosaurus
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 3
Courage: 6
Firepower: 6
Skill: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
OK, so finally catching up on the reveals, I gotta say the biggest and best reveal of the weekend was Grimlock. Hot. Damn.

I think all 6 deluxes are on my buy list. Ratchet has convinced me to get him, Stinger looks pretty good,
Bee, Jazz, and Lockdown are incredible, and Crowbar looks pretty good too! I actually liked the Berserker mold, so this will do good for him to me.

Starscream looks awesome, I will get him in this deco. Prime is a pass. But Brawl and Megatron are definites too.

Blackout looks pretty cool but not as impressed as I was originally, but still really good. And Grimlock is marvelous. He is perfect!!!

This line is killing it, best reveals of the weekend!
I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Firepower: 8

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:08 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:OK, so finally catching up on the reveals, I gotta say the biggest and best reveal of the weekend was Grimlock. Hot. Damn.

I think all 6 deluxes are on my buy list. Ratchet has convinced me to get him, Stinger looks pretty good,
Bee, Jazz, and Lockdown are incredible, and Crowbar looks pretty good too! I actually liked the Berserker mold, so this will do good for him to me.

Starscream looks awesome, I will get him in this deco. Prime is a pass. But Brawl and Megatron are definites too.

Blackout looks pretty cool but not as impressed as I was originally, but still really good. And Grimlock is marvelous. He is perfect!!!

Ironic, that movie figs - once the most divisive figures - are receiving the most unifying praise as the reveals go this weekend. They totally stole earned predakings major disappointments spotlight
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
bacem wrote:that starscream looks like an upscaled dotm deluxe mold. it's as if they are saying, "those KO companies does it, why can't we?"

not that i'm complaining tho. among all starscream molds, save for the leader hftd mold, that dotm deluxe mold is easily the best. and by scale it up to voyager, they also adds some improvements like in the chest and wrist, which i'm all in. oh, and no annoying cybertronian tattoo. so all in all, he's georgeous.

I can only agree with ALL of the above. ;)^
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby primalxconvoy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:OK, so finally catching up on the reveals, I gotta say the biggest and best reveal of the weekend was Grimlock. Hot. Damn.

Ironic, that movie figs - once the most divisive figures - are receiving the most unifying praise as the reveals go this weekend. They totally stole earned predakings major disappointments spotlight

I think it's due to something that is accurate, rather than something that is not, regardless of our personal preferences for any one aesthetic.
primalxconvoy
Godmaster
News Credits: 11

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:16 pm

primalxconvoy wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

I think it's due to something that is accurate, rather than something that is not, regardless of our personal preferences for any one aesthetic.

Plus they're going beyond our now higher expectations from the tlk figures, these things are kinda gorgeous and incredibly clever

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby william-james88 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Hellscream9999 wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Plus they're going beyond our now higher expectations from the tlk figures, these things are kinda gorgeous and incredibly clever

Didn't the TLK line lower our expectations?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 pm

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:Didn't the TLK line lower our expectations?

No, they made our expectations HIGHER. Especially because the figures were between 1/3 and 1/2 MORE expensive. I was expecting RotF level of engeneering and premium paint. Very few figures had both.

However, for this Studio Series line it look like the higher price point will be justified. For real this time.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:53 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Plus they're going beyond our now higher expectations from the tlk figures, these things are kinda gorgeous and incredibly clever

Didn't the TLK line lower our expectations?

Sure the repaints sucked, but I'm pretty sure the majority of new figures were pretty great, scorn, skweeks, nitro, cogman, megs voyager, megs leader... several (voyager o/p, megs, cogman, etc) were works of tf art in my opinion
Last edited by Hellscream9999 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
While I positively hate the design of movie Grimlock, that new toy us simply amazing in its faithfulness to the screen.

Goddammit, I might have to buy it out of respect...... :BANG_HEAD:
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:While I positively hate the design of movie Grimlock, that new toy us simply amazing in its faithfulness to the screen.

I really kinda want a purple version of it as the edgiest bw megs... :-?

btw, you interested in anything else from this line? that lockdown is kinda sweet ;)^

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Does anyone else feel this line kinda pulled the rug out from under the 'movie the best' line? Like, they aren't even out yet, and now we have this line's full reveal, almost all of these figures beat out the 'movie the best version', like jazz and lockdown and megs and starscream, and almost everyone else beyond o/p :???:

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby -Kanrabat- » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:15 pm

It's that simple."
Hellscream9999 wrote:Does anyone else feel this line kinda pulled the rug out from under the 'movie the best' line? Like, they aren't even out yet, and now we have this line's full reveal, almost all of these figures beat out the 'movie the best version', like jazz and lockdown and megs and starscream, and almost everyone else beyond o/p :???:

BUAHAHAHAHA! That's true! "Movie the Best" became "Movie the Meh".
Updated superior brand new molds beat repainting old toys that we already have any days.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:20 pm

-Kanrabat- wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Does anyone else feel this line kinda pulled the rug out from under the 'movie the best' line? Like, they aren't even out yet, and now we have this line's full reveal, almost all of these figures beat out the 'movie the best version', like jazz and lockdown and megs and starscream, and almost everyone else beyond o/p :???:

BUAHAHAHAHA! That's true! "Movie the Best" became "Movie the Meh".
Updated superior brand new molds beat repainting old toys that we already have any days.

I can practically hear the pre-orders dropping Image

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

Postby CJPrime931 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:26 pm

I've got my eyes on Jazz, Ratchet, Starscream, Blackout, Brawl and Crowbar. :D
CJPrime931
Mini-Con
Watch CJPrime931 on YouTube

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:06 pm

I ordered Bee, Ratchet and Crowbar from Hasbro and they shipped this morning, I should have them Thursday! I'll upload pictures when they get here.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Firepower: 2

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:While I positively hate the design of movie Grimlock, that new toy us simply amazing in its faithfulness to the screen.

btw, you interested in anything else from this line? that lockdown is kinda sweet ;)^

Bee and Stinger are on the way via FedEx. Blackout and Jazz will be mine as well.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby Quantum Surge » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Motto: "I'm real when it's useful."
Weapon: Twin Swords
The reveals of them left me like I'm on Cloud 9 so much that I forgot to ask some of you head swap maestros: Does there seem to be a way for the new Optimus to swap heads with the Evasion mold? I know the sculpts are slightly different, but I was wondering that since I kind of doubt there'll be an unmasked variant (which was possible for an extremely rave variant of TLK Prime)
Action Figure Wishlist:

G1 Deadend, Wildrider, Breakdown w/Menasor fists, feet, waist, chest, mask, and weapons
POTP (Optimal Optimus, Rodimus Unicronus)
Titans Return (Topspin, Octone)
Cybertron Galvatron
Go! Hunter Optimus Prime
ROTF Mindwipe, Lockdown
HasLab Unicron
Quantum Surge
Targetmaster
News Credits: 4
Watch Quantum Surge on YouTube
Alt Mode: Batmobile
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:30 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade

Once it's in your hand you have no formal obligation to adhere to its official characterization. You could repurpose it as a brand new dino character, named "Lockjaw" or something.

In fact, you could even repurpose it as BW Lockjaw. ;)
Last edited by Sabrblade on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7

Re: Toy Fair 2018 - Transformers Studio Series: Blackout, Lockdown, Jazz, Stinger, More

Postby Emerje » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
So which Megatron do you think we're actually getting in the line?

Flat gray...

...or shiny silver?

And it doesn't appear to be a lighting issue as they look different side by side.

They both look finished. I would have said the flat gray was the one we'd be getting, but with metallic paint coating both Jazz and Grimlock it's hard to know for sure.

As for Movie the Best, that line still has its place unless Hasbro pulls out a future wave with improved versions of the likes of Shockwave, Bonecrusher, Hound, Jetfire, or any Optimus Prime since the Studio Series one is kinda crappy looking compared to the three Movie the Best Primes.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 8
Skill: 6

Postby Hellscream9999 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:43 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Bee and Stinger are on the way via FedEx. Blackout and Jazz will be mine as well.

I'm actually really happy to know that, post pics of stinger properly transformed in bot mode, pics of it seem to be all over the place with his chest/ab kibble ;)^

Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN + HIGHJUMP Transformers Siege Micromasters Off-Road Patrol"
WFC-S33 POWERTRAIN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "EXO-SUIT SPIKE WITWICKY Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class 2022 230131A"
EXO-SUIT SPIKE WIT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9B (CA) Tramontano"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FRENZY (RED) Transformers Studio Series 86 SS-115 Core Takara Tomy 2024 New"
NEW!
FRENZY (RED) Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHEELIE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2022 New"
WHEELIE Transforme ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Deluxe Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-E18 AIRWAVE Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E2 SMASHDOWN T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Swoop" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Furos and Hardhead" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON