This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby LinaNui » Wed May 04, 2022 5:13 pm

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:More pictures of Sideways where he’s much better transformed than in the Chefatron review, note that the head sits much higher and the backpack can compress more:
72C40A0D-825A-4CD7-A50E-9DE26E2B91C3.jpeg

Oh now that looks so much better. Can not wait to get this guy and Galvatron!
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby o.supreme » Wed May 04, 2022 6:27 pm

Motto: "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"
Just a fun observation regarding the numbering system:

Hasbro had many exclusive SS deco variants not released by TT which caused Hasbro's numbering system to be much higher for a long time. (The first 8 SS releases lined up between both Hasbro and TT, but starting with SS-09 Thundercracker from Hasbro, it became more and more distant with each Hasbro exclusive)

However, Hasbro also used the 86XX system for toys from TF:TM, which TT also didn't follow, but they have released all those toys. Lastly, TT has incorporated the numbering system into SS Core toys where Hasbro did not.

All these events combined have caused Hasbro & TT's SS Numbering system to *almost* realign again

TF:TM Sludge is TT SS-89, which means TT SS-90 will likely be BB Thundercracker, and TT SS-91 be AoE Galvatron ;) , just one number off :lol:
Bucket/Want List: Botcon 2016 Customization Class Ratchet (G2 Deco), or Customization Class Ratchet (Marvel Comics Deco) **would also be willing to pay for an Unpainted Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TT Legends Fortress Head (only) with working Electronics

Wish List of Modern Combiners: Road Caesar, Monstructor & Dinoking (proper size to fiction), Landcross, Guard City, Battle Gaia, & G2 Defensor. Wish List of Titans:Metrotitan,Majin Zarak
o.supreme
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 55
Watch o.supreme on YouTube
Buy from o.supreme on eBay

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Wed May 04, 2022 7:51 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Sideways looks nicer in those photos, I figured the backpack would work like that. Stupid earlier reviewers/leakers with mistransformations.

Scored big today. I have obtained DotM Ratchet, the final retail SS figure I did not own. I cannot wait to assemble the squads when i can finally unpack the SS guys.

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:09 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
RotorstormNZ wrote:
o.supreme wrote:So if Thundercracker and Galvatron are 89and 90, I wonder what 87 and 88 are? One may be the leaked Sideways? Not sure about the other

As a 1987 baby I'm hoping SS87 is something tailored to my interests like ROTF Breakway!

Isn't SS87 the rereleased AOE BB in the Buzzworthy line?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Wed May 04, 2022 8:32 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Sideways looks nicer in those photos, I figured the backpack would work like that. Stupid earlier reviewers/leakers with mistransformations.

Scored big today. I have obtained DotM Ratchet, the final retail SS figure I did not own. I cannot wait to assemble the squads when i can finally unpack the SS guys.

Nice! DOTM Ratchet is one of my favorites.
william-james88 wrote:Isn't SS87 the rereleased AOE BB in the Buzzworthy line?

The rereleased High Octane Bee is SS-79. DOTM Bumblebee and Sideways likely have the SS-87/88 numbers
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Skill: 9

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu May 05, 2022 1:13 pm

william-james88 wrote:
RotorstormNZ wrote:
o.supreme wrote:So if Thundercracker and Galvatron are 89and 90, I wonder what 87 and 88 are? One may be the leaked Sideways? Not sure about the other

As a 1987 baby I'm hoping SS87 is something tailored to my interests like ROTF Breakway!

Yep, High Octane Bee was 79. My guess is 87 will be an exclusive.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Courage: 9
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby william-james88 » Thu May 05, 2022 3:38 pm

TF-fan kev777 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
RotorstormNZ wrote:

Yep, High Octane Bee was 79. My guess is 87 will be an exclusive.

Thanks guys, I had my numbers mixed up.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby SpaceEagle » Thu May 05, 2022 7:09 pm

Motto: "Better nothing than something bad."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:More pictures of Sideways where he’s much better transformed than in the Chefatron review, note that the head sits much higher and the backpack can compress more:
72C40A0D-825A-4CD7-A50E-9DE26E2B91C3.jpeg

14FAB34A-83CB-4AAE-AE56-B4FA2884A9BD.jpeg

Thank you for this. Had a feeling something seemed really off about the backpack being that egregious. I know movie bots can't always have the cleanest look due to how complicated their CGI models are but that butt bumper would've really killed the look! :-P
Like a regular eagle, but from space.
SpaceEagle
Targetmaster
Alt Mode: Eagle
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 9
Skill: 4

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Thu May 05, 2022 7:40 pm

Sam Smith brings us 360 renders and more details on SS Galvatron! https://www.instagram.com/p/CdMoATBFlDv/
Galvatron.JPG

Notably, he includes the alt mode rocket launcher seen in the movie, which we didn't know about until now. I think it's neat that he has some back detailign in bot mode too!

The kibble on the back of the truck in alt mode is a little unfortunate, but I can understand how difficult it would be to translate this design into a figure.

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Transformers SS-90 Age of Extinction Galvatron Revealed with Info From Designer

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 06, 2022 12:17 am

Hasbro designer Sam Smith is now full on revealing toys on Instagram. Now we have Hasbro's official Studio Series SS-90 Age Of Extinction Galvatron reveal with concept images showing how accurate the sculpt is compared to the movie model along with lots of info on the design process. We also have a 360 youtube video at the bottom.

SS-90 Age of Extinction Galvatron

“That is why I have no fear! I am GALVATRON!”

Well this release came about prematurely, but its official SS Voyager Wave 3 is here. So lets get into the details on Galvatron! AOE introduced a total redesign for our core bots, along with a major aesthetic change to help refresh some of the design. While the look of these bots were fantastic, there was certainly a new engineering challenge that was presented in terms of how these guys were going to transform. To make that even more difficult, enters Galvatron.

Galvatron was the reforge body of Megatron by K.S.I. who would utilize matter shifting to transform into his first earth bound vehicle form, a Freightliner Argosy (which would later be reused by Paramount as Dr. Robotnik’s convoy in the first Sonic Movie). Absolutely none of the vehicle mode is present on Galvatron’s robot design, so Takara had their work cut out for them with this design. Regardless, it was absolutely amazing to get Frank Welker to make his return as the theatrical voice of this character.

Thankfully, Yuya Onishi was up to the task. Yuya has been such a fantastic design partner at TT, and this figure was no exception. Yuya and the team got to work on a pretty faithful design plan that would do a pretty substantial job of eliminating most of the exposed vehicle paneling from the robot mode, while retaining a fully licensed vehicle design. We were able to maintain his difficult arm cannon, while also including a removable missile cluster that could be mounted to the figures arm, or loaded onto the side fairing of the truck as it was used in the film.

For the deco of the figure, I took learning from the existing AOE design, and knew where the shortfalls were on the molded silver plastic. I tried to work more from the matte base color of the truck, so that I could allocated most of the paint operations to the robot mode. I think this figure would benefit from a bit more paint, but he used up the budget quick since none of the truck paint really carries over to the robot mode which isn’t often the case.

All in all, I am pretty happy with how this figure came out given the number of challenges that it faced, and I look forward to tackling more of the AOE designs. I mean, if we can figure out Galvatron, the rest of them should be a cake walk.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby whacko » Fri May 06, 2022 12:30 am

Weapon: Proton Rifle
It just looks... bad.

The square frame behind the robot mode chest give this figure one-step changer vibes, and the kibble on the back of the truck mode doesn't even pretend to not be robot parts they couldn't find a place to store. If you're gonna put robot feet on the back of a truck at least do it G1 Prime style. Sure they'll still look like obvious feet, but at least it doesn't break the silhouette of the truck.
whacko
Minibot
News Credits: 2
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 10

Postby jtanimator » Fri May 06, 2022 1:35 am

Holy mother of monkey milk….that is a seriously ugly figure. It’s absolutely astounding to me that there are people defending it. I haven’t seen a figure in a really long time that has such little redeeming qualities about it visually. In both modes. Dear gosh.
jtanimator
Minibot

Postby jtanimator » Fri May 06, 2022 1:36 am

whacko wrote:It just looks... bad.

The square frame behind the robot mode chest give this figure one-step changer vibes, and the kibble on the back of the truck mode doesn't even pretend to not be robot parts they couldn't find a place to store. If you're gonna put robot feet on the back of a truck at least do it G1 Prime style. Sure they'll still look like obvious feet, but at least it doesn't break the silhouette of the truck.

Haha this made me laugh out loud. I was JUST on another forum mentioning how it looks exactly like a 2011 one step changer in both modes. Thank heavens I’m not going crazy.
jtanimator
Minibot

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri May 06, 2022 1:44 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Its because of the initial design not being made to transform like normal. The only way they would be more accurate would be putting more money into it, which would come with other problems.

Still, I like it for what the designers are trying to achieve and how they reduced the back pack from the original Voyager. The feet thing I can overlook quite easily.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Barricade.it » Fri May 06, 2022 2:28 am

Well... no.

As others have already said, the back part of the robot makes it all appear boxy.
In the alt mode, those two "things" on the rear have nothing to do with the original design and have no reason to be.

It's clear that Galvatron was a difficult job: but this isn't a great figure.
Barricade.it
Minibot

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri May 06, 2022 3:33 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
Considering that impossible design had to be worked in voyager size and budget, it's a valiant effort. I can forgive the bot cancer growth as a "trailer hitch" for the truck mode, but the boxy chest is indeed an eyesore. Yet they reduced the backpack to a minimum and even added bot details on the back which makes me very forgiving of the boxy chest.

I'll be preordering that Galvatron for sure. That transformation will be a blast!
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri May 06, 2022 4:15 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
-Kanrabat- wrote:Considering that impossible design had to be worked in voyager size and budget, it's a valiant effort. I can forgive the bot cancer growth as a "trailer hitch" for the truck mode, but the boxy chest is indeed an eyesore. Yet they reduced the backpack to a minimum and even added bot details on the back which makes me very forgiving of the boxy chest.

I'll be preordering that Galvatron for sure. That transformation will be a blast!

Agreed, seems people were expecting the impossible for some reason (especially at that price point)
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Hellscream9999 » Fri May 06, 2022 5:28 am

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
Almost every bay-former has the front on silhouette ruined by a backpack (dino comes to mind), I don't know why this figure is receiving all the hate, the figure is otherwise impossible to engineer, especially at such a small scale. If the prevailing design ethos was: "if it can't be done perfectly, don't bother doing it at all", we wouldn't have any bayformers ever >:oP
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Barricade.it » Fri May 06, 2022 7:17 am

The problem is not the backpack itself: the problem is that the lower part of the squared shape is exacùtly where the pelvis begins: so it looks kinda a cube with a robot inside...
Barricade.it
Minibot

Postby Cyber Bishop » Fri May 06, 2022 8:10 am

Motto: "Ker-Klick... Choom!"
Weapon: Black Magic
Ugly figure not my taste, those who like it enjoy!! :D
Not a sheeple.
Think for yourself, don't let the magic TV box and social media do the thinking for you.
Question EVERYTHING!!
Just because you have a youtube review channel doesn't make you special.
No, I am not friendly online or in real life.
I look forward to attending a Botcon only to settle matters with idiots in person.
Cyber Bishop
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 103
Watch Cyber Bishop on YouTube
Buy from Cyber Bishop on eBay
Alt Mode: some sort of rudimentary lathe

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Fri May 06, 2022 8:17 am

I’m really impressed with how clean they got bot mode, It’s really cool that he actually has back detailing with the chest hole!

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster

Postby Emerje » Fri May 06, 2022 8:21 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Barricade.it wrote:The problem is not the backpack itself: the problem is that the lower part of the squared shape is exacùtly where the pelvis begins: so it looks kinda a cube with a robot inside...

I suspect it wont quite have that same silhouette in hand. Just look at how much it changed just turning his waist and leaning him forward a bit.

I think there's probably more of a gap between his really big (screen accurate) hips and the squaring off of his lower torso that doesn't come across so well in a flat photo.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8
Skill: 6

Postby william-james88 » Fri May 06, 2022 8:38 am

Barricade.it wrote:The problem is not the backpack itself: the problem is that the lower part of the squared shape is exacùtly where the pelvis begins: so it looks kinda a cube with a robot inside...

Yes, hence why people equate this to a one step design where you basically have a robot mode sculpted on a facade (which looks really like that when you compare the CG model with the toy side to side).

There is nice sculpted detail and the transformation will be really something, I am looking forward to that. I do still enjoy that prevous voyager, it has one of the best truck modes of all time.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby SpaceEagle » Fri May 06, 2022 9:22 am

Motto: "Better nothing than something bad."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
Honestly for the price point, its budget, the sheer lack of defined truck parts on the robot mode, AND the extremely impossible to replicate transformation sequence...I think they genuinely knocked it out of the park. I do think the arms feel a bit shrimpy because of the box bod...but it still looks really nice and isn't a shellformer like the AoE toy, and it still manages to avoid a lot of kibble in the robot mode which really shocks me with how there are no truck bits in the CGI model. Honestly the bits on the back of the truck barely bother me (the front looks fantastic - who stares at a cab's hitch anyway?) especially if it resulted in such a kibble-free robo bro. Definitely picking him up.
Like a regular eagle, but from space.
SpaceEagle
Targetmaster
Alt Mode: Eagle
Speed: 9
Skill: 4

Postby TulioDude » Fri May 06, 2022 9:51 am

Motto: "Never doubt the awesomess."
Weapon: Energo-Sword
He looks good overall.He just could use a little more bulk to his arms.Makes me wish they used a leader class spot for him,so that they could use more plastic for his design.

Day 857 of waiting for Transformers Armada Masterpiece news.
Last edited by TulioDude on Fri May 06, 2022 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silverwing wrote:Also, I feel compelled to give the obligatory: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
One for each year of the Movieverse's decade strong tenure. Here's to a few more explosive years!

Here is my DeviantArt page and my Tumblr blog.
TulioDude
Gestalt
News Credits: 6
Strength: 9
Speed: 5
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Skill: 7

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Leader 2019 220825A"
WFC-S13 ULTRA MAGN ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #6 Cvr B IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 6B (CA) McGuire-Smith"
TRANSFORMERS #6 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #9 Cover A IDW Comic 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 9A (CA) Miyao"
TRANSFORMERS #9 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K27 RHINOX Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K27 RHINOX Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DINOBOT SLUDGE Transformers Studio Series 86-15 Movie Leader Hasbro 2022 New"
DINOBOT SLUDGE Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIER Transformers War Cybertron Earthrise Battle Master 2020 New"
WFC-E1 SOUNDBARRIE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K22 DRACODON Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
NEW!
WFC-K22 DRACODON T ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CORONATION STARSCREAM Transformers Studio Series 86-12 Leader 2022 King 220907A"
CORONATION STARSCR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K28 GALVATRON fixed shoulders Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Leader 2021"
WFC-K28 GALVATRON ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Sergeant Kup and Flintlock" on AMAZON