This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Cyberverse Toyline Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron

Postby william-james88 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:33 am

Motto: "'till All Are One"
The Cyberverse line is out in full now across several countries but unlike most cartoon centered Transformers toylines preceding it, the excitement just isn't there. A lot of that has to do with the fans simply not knowing what this line entails. When it was first revealed the toys that seemed to have the most potential were Warrior Shockwave, Scout Megatron and Ultimate Megatron. Warrior Shockwave turned out to be ok (though not great), Scout Megatron turned out to be a major let down (not being able to fully transform) and now we will see about Ultimate Megatron.

I will cut to the chase, he is fine for kids, much better than the simpler toys of this size from Robots in Disguise, but still just a shadow of the great toy it could be. And it wouldn't need so much more. He reminds me a lot of Leader Animated Megatron in a way, with the similar aesthetics and decent yet simple transformation that efficiently gives you two good looking modes. It also reminds me of the Cybertron line where the robot is fully made up of the alt mode parts yet we see different sides of the same part to give the two modes different details. I love those two lines, so this is high praise, but the toy falls short mostly due to lack of crucial articulation and intrusive gimmick.

Now let's get to it.

We get the toy in robot mode and my instinct is to try posing him. That's where the problems start and where the interest starts sinking fast. For a big figure, he does not have much more articulation than a very basic toy. There is no articulation at the neck, bicep, elbow, wrist and no thing swivel. You cannot even move the cannon out of the way to see his other fist. So the static pose is his main stance, though you are welcome to try other poses.

The gimmick gives him another stance where you bring the arms together (this is the same transformation step for getting him into tank mode) where you can press a button and flip out to cannon. This makes it look like the cannon is firing and while we did see stock photos of this, there is no lock in mechanism so you can only keep seeing this effect when you keep pressing.

Turning him into a tank is easy and I am sure I have seen this transformation elsewhere (titanium Fallen?) But I didn't mind. For a simpler toy, it has some nice steps, especially the feet. It's a simple but elegant way to get from his lower leg into his full tank treads.

I can see a young kid really enjoying this transformation. It's easy but very blocky, like one of the simpler Cybertron toys. And in tank mode, all the parts that made up the robot are flipped so you see new detail for the tank mode. The tank looks great, I have no issues with it, and unlike some other tank Transformers, you can't make out the fists as easily even though there is no extra step to hide them.

This is easily the better mode for me. The gimmick makes more sense here, it rolls and basically get the job done as well as I would expect for any tank former. Its got a nice meaty size too, especially height wise.

So in the end, this is a major step up from the Power Surge and three step figures from Robots in Disguise, so that’s good news for kids. However, it is not on par with leader toys from the Cybertron era though I do see some similarities in the design to what we got in the Animated and Cybertron leaders. This can be the basis for a much better toy, but as it stands I do not recommend him to collectors.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Re: Pictorial Review for Cyberverse Ultimate Megatron

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:40 am

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
william-james88 wrote:Turning him into a tank is easy and I am sure I have seen this transformation elsewhere
G2 Dreadwind (and redecos).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 8
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Re: Transformers Cyberverse 2018 Toyline Thread

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:18 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
Doesn't look like a very good toy at all to me. Simplistic is fine but it's just terrible looking in sculpt, shape and design. And that face is horrendous.

(though I'm not massively fond of that Cybertron Prime or Animated Megatron and I've owned both those...not intentionally but as parts of large lots so yeah this figure was never gonna be for me.)
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby ZeroWolf » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:02 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Universe Galvatron also had a similar transformation of treads to legs...yet also made it more complicated due to his issues.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby MrBlack » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:19 pm

Weapon: Fusion Cannon
Looks like a good kids toy. A decent look overall, simple transformation, and a relatively unobtrusive gimmick. My kids don't care about articulation (and neither did I as a young'un) so this should be fine for them.
MrBlack
Headmaster Jr
News Credits: 3
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 5
Courage: 6
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby Madeus Prime » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
Honestly, this toyline is not looking good, the lack of articulation for poorly executed gimmicks, the gimmicks titled with cringe-worthy attacks...
I finally realized what these toys remind me of! You remember those Fast Action Battlers from '07?
Tell me I'm not the only one seeing how this line is mimicking the FAB toys. Like, more so than the usually kid aimed Transformers sub-lines (One-step Changers, Activators, Deployers, etc.). Like statically, they don't look horrible, but then when you get into the articulation and gimmick, oh boy.
Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: 7
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity

Postby ZeroWolf » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:52 pm

So here in the UK, the argos catalogue is out with all the cyberverse lines accounted for except scout class...which may actually be a good thing. £15.99 for warrior class, £20.99 for ultra and £29.99 for ultimate. Still on the fence about warrior shockwave but I think I may crack and get him.
Link for those interested:
http://www.argos.co.uk/search/transformers-cyberverse/
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:06 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Madeus Prime wrote:Honestly, this toyline is not looking good, the lack of articulation for poorly executed gimmicks, the gimmicks titled with cringe-worthy attacks...
I finally realized what these toys remind me of! You remember those Fast Action Battlers from '07?
Tell me I'm not the only one seeing how this line is mimicking the FAB toys. Like, more so than the usually kid aimed Transformers sub-lines (One-step Changers, Activators, Deployers, etc.). Like statically, they don't look horrible, but then when you get into the articulation and gimmick, oh boy.

I think you hit the nail right on the head there. 2007 and RotF Fast Action Battlers, AoE Power Battlers/Attackers have the same principle. So they're Warrior Class in name only.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."

Here's a video review of Ultimate Megs to check out
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby OptimalOptimus2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:49 am

Motto: "Munkky not trukk!"
Weapon: Oxidating Laser
Madeus Prime wrote:Honestly, this toyline is not looking good, the lack of articulation for poorly executed gimmicks, the gimmicks titled with cringe-worthy attacks...

They're much better than this hunk of petroleum they call Megatron.
Rodimus Prime wrote:You can't make me disappear. I am not feet. Image

I'm sorry but this has to be the most ridiculous statement of all Seibertron history.
OptimalOptimus2
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 13
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 9
Skill: 6

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:12 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
There's high chances that I'll be skipping this line entirely. Even for Shockwave. Space is becoming damn limited and I have some new non-TF interest rising like a tidal wave right now.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Madeus Prime » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:35 pm

Motto: "Rule #45 of the Madeus Handbook: Timey wimey is an adequate term for scienc-y stuff."
-Kanrabat- wrote:There's high chances that I'll be skipping this line entirely. Even for Shockwave. Space is becoming damn limited and I have some new non-TF interest rising like a tidal wave right now.

Madeus Prime art credited to SillySpringer
Madeus Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 23
Strength: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: Infinity

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:56 pm

I feel that other reviewers have missed key details on Warrior Class Starscream and frankly have the wrong attitude about the figure.

chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:11 am

Is that the one without knees though?
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Postby william-james88 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:01 am

ZeroWolf wrote:Is that the one without knees though?

Precisely
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:33 am

Maybe Hasbro heard all the "G1 With Knees" complaints, and so for this figure they went "Okay, here you go. No knees!" :P

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:27 am

Sabrblade wrote:Maybe Hasbro heard all the "G1 With Knees" complaints, and so for this figure they went "Okay, here you go. No knees!" :P

:lol: sounds it
ZeroWolf
News Admin

Video Reviews for all Transformers Cyberverse Wave 1 Scout and Ultra Class Toys

Postby william-james88 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:43 pm

Fans have decided by now if this line is for them or not. However, many fans are also parents and this line may interest your kids. Due to the very little attention given to this toyline by the youtube community, there have not been a variety of toy reviews done for all classes. The first video review for Transformers Cyberverse Grimlock was just uploaded yesterday. Since these toys are all gimmick based, these reviews can give you a good look at the actual gimmick and help you figure out if this would be a good toy for yourself or your kids.

Below you will find video reviews for all Scout class toys including Megatron, Starscream, Grimlock and Bumblebee. As you will see, those toys do not fully transform. Their gimmick remained largely unknown so this is our first good look at a few of them.

There are also videos for Ultra class Grimlock, Bumblebee and Starscream.

Enjoy!

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Emerje » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Saw these for the first time at Target today. I didn't expect the Scouts to be so tiny, I was thinking they'd be closer to Legends size, not Legion. $8 is asking way, way, WAY too much for tiny figures that don't even transform properly.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby gantzrunner » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Motto: "This life is a game...and I play for keeps"
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
Saw these at the store. Look like KOs to me. Supposedly made for younger kids, but they don't look like they will hold up. Price point seems high as well given how simplified they are.
gantzrunner
Minibot
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 8

Cyberverse 1Step Optimus, Megatron, Starscream +stock photos of Wave2 Attackers, Ultras on Amazon

Postby notsoalex » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Weapon: Dual Low-Radiation 1 Megaton Proton Bombs
Amazon.com has new listings for the never-before-seen Cyberverse Wave 2 One-Step Changers! Thankfully, they also have new stock photos to see these guys! They include Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream. as you can see, these are new molds compared to wave 1, meaning they are more accurate to their show models (well, promotional pics as of late).

ONE STEP CHANGERS

Amazon.com also has new listings for the Wave 2 Attackers (previously called Scout Class) and Ultra Class. These use the Seinfield names that were used in old listings. These also have new stock photos (except for Attacker Optimus).

ATTACKER CLASS
Optimus Prime (Peterson)

Slipstream (Estelle)

Windblade (Elaine)

ULTRA CLASS
Shockwave (Krammer)

Shadow Striker (Susie)

Got some news! Contact us here!
notsoalex
News Staff
News Credits: 171
Watch notsoalex on YouTube
Alt Mode: A bad car
Strength: ???
Intelligence: ???
Speed: ???
Endurance: ???
Courage: ???
Firepower: ???

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Well, that takes care of some of the unknown listings. :lol:
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Skill: 5

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:12 pm

So, does this make Windblade and Shadow Striker the same person? :P

Sabrblade
God Of Transformers

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:23 pm

When are these expected to be released?
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper

Postby ZeroWolf » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:20 am

The attackers name makes more sense then calling them scouts.
ZeroWolf
News Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ARCEE Transformers Studio Series 86-16 G1 Movie Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
ARCEE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K38 RED ALERT Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Walgreens 2021 New"
WFC-K38 RED ALERT ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-03 CHEETOR + WASPINATOR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
BWVS-03 CHEETOR + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K43 HOT ROD Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core 2022 New 220329"
WFC-K43 HOT ROD Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "IRONHIDE Transformers Studio Series 86 Core Class Hasbro 2023 New"
IRONHIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS #1 Cover B (1st Print) IDW Comics 2019 BOLD NEW ERA SIEGE 1B"
TRANSFORMERS #1 Co ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K32 PIPES Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2022 New"
WFC-K32 PIPES Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K25 WINGFINGER Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K25 WINGFINGER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K23 PREDACON SCORPONOK Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K23 PREDACON S ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K17 ARCEE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe 2021 New"
WFC-K17 ARCEE Tran ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-S16 PTERAXADON Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master 2019 New"
WFC-S16 PTERAXADON ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K35 TIGATRON Transformers War Cybertron Kingdom Voyager Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K35 TIGATRON T ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Dinobot Snarl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Power Series Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Series PK Bruticus Action Figure	B3899" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON