This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformer RED Series

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformer RED Series

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:10 am

Motto: "Love it? GET IT!
It's that simple."
Weapon: Vibro-Axe
There's a lot of non-transforming characters in Transformers. The line could have been used to make them. Like the TRUE G1 Nightbird, the Quintessons and Excecutioners, BW's Transmutate, ect.

There's also the humans and the original Action Masters like Banzaitron.

But "obscure" characters are unfortunately too high a financial risk. So we get the same old, same old.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

Also, an update to my old ALL HELICOPER VICTORION!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 95
Watch -Kanrabat- on YouTube
Buy from -Kanrabat- on eBay
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Omegatron. » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:34 am

Motto: "When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Treetop Maximus wrote:It's like they're pushing to see how much they can get away with right now by bringing back non-transforming figures and having so much partsforming going on in Earthrise and Studio Series. Also, lol at that Megatron arm.

Other than the modulators (which are supposed to partsform) and the Cliffjumper derivatives, what partsformers are there in those lines? I actually can't remember.
Omegatron.
Minibot
News Credits: 9
Alt Mode: Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:47 am

It's that simple."
Omegatron. wrote:
Treetop Maximus wrote:It's like they're pushing to see how much they can get away with right now by bringing back non-transforming figures and having so much partsforming going on in Earthrise and Studio Series. Also, lol at that Megatron arm.

Other than the modulators (which are supposed to partsform) and the Cliffjumper derivatives, what partsformers are there in those lines? I actually can't remember.

Leader Siege Ultra Magnus and Shockwave, who are basically just Voyagers with upgrade kits.
Come see my latest creation, a Galvatron Combiner using 4 SS86 Sweeps as limbs HERE!

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Omegatron. » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:52 am

Motto: "When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Omegatron. wrote:

Leader Siege Ultra Magnus and Shockwave, who are basically just Voyagers with upgrade kits.

They're not in Earthrise or Studio Series. Also, I wouldn't count armour as partsforming, since that's how armour actually works.
Omegatron.
Minibot
Alt Mode: Sikorsky S-64 Skycrane

Postby blackeyedprime » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:53 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
I'll be picking up Soundwave with him being less than half the price of Netflix and likely the same with Prime depending on Netflix Primes final colors, though it will be funny to have a Prime and roller with no trailer. Could probably rubber band roller to REd Primes arm and pretend its a shield, might blend in with the Earthrise lot a bit better then :P

Megs arm in the pic is definitely bringing back memories of the quality of super SCFs though :( looking forward to Knockout and wherever else they pull characters from.
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 5
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby WiseMan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:16 am

LunarBolt1984 wrote:I saw these RED figures too. They still look horrendous and are the new Action Masters. :BANG_HEAD:

The only problem Action Masters had, you see, is that they weren't BIG enough. With RED? Problem solved. :HEADHURTS:
WiseMan
Minibot

Postby william-james88 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:14 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
LunarBolt1984 wrote:I saw these RED figures too. They still look horrendous and are the new Action Masters. :BANG_HEAD:

No they aren't. Action figures was an actual line with new characters, vehicles and new play features. And still had transforming gimicks, just not on the main figures.
This isn't that at all, there is 0 novelty here. It's just non transforming action figures of popular transformers characters in the brand.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby -Kanrabat- » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:23 pm

It's that simple."
william-james88 wrote:

No they aren't. Action figures was an actual line with new characters, vehicles and new play features. And still had transforming gimicks, just not on the main figures.
This isn't that at all, there is 0 novelty here. It's just non transforming action figures of popular transformers characters in the brand.

Unfortunately.
If those figures would have come with their updated Action Masters vehicles, I would have been all over them. Even at 100$ each. :x
But as they are, it's a disappointing meh.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby Railbomb » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:26 am

Motto: "A leader who stays dead is the best kind."
Weapon: Sword
william-james88 wrote:

I'd rather get figures like these for cartoon accurate figures rather than have panel messes with horrible backs like we've been getting from the MP line.
Shhhhhhh... I was never here. You never got anything from me.
Railbomb
Vehicon
Alt Mode: Highly Modified Seeker Body
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 8

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:34 am

It's that simple."
Railbomb wrote:
I'd rather get figures like these for cartoon accurate figures rather than have panel messes with horrible backs like we've been getting from the MP line.

For that purpose, they are indeed perfect. Plus, way, way more easy on the wallet.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:06 pm

Railbomb wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Wouldn't a cartoon accurate Optimus transform into a truck?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:29 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
william-james88 wrote:
Railbomb wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

He would. The R.E.D. figures only have "cartoon-accurate" robot designs, which is its main gimmick. I could see that work in a sense, after all other robot lines like Power Rangers have had non-transforming or non-combining robot figures for years.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby william-james88 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:11 pm

Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Railbomb wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

He would. The R.E.D. figures only have "cartoon-accurate" robot designs, which is its main gimmick. I could see that work in a sense, after all other robot lines like Power Rangers have had non-transforming or non-combining robot figures for years.

While I understand how one could compare to Power Rangers, the major difference is taht it actually serves a really goo purpose there. RED Optimus is around the same size and articulation as Earthrise/Siege Optimus.
For Power Rangers, it's not that at all. You have the mechs and then you have a much smaller and more articulated figure of the mech. Every single Power Rangers episode has the bad guy turning giant and battling the mech. Kids can now recreate that effect by having a PR mech figure which is shrinked down to be the same scale as the bad guy, giving the impression that the bad guy is now the same size as the mech, and they can both pose similarly in a fight.

So it's a very different scenario, those Megazord figures are actually integral to the play experience and offer something you can't get with the standard giant 'transforming' megazord.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Sowndwave76 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:22 pm

Motto: "They wanna play my emotions, but I'm like the ocean-- too calm to get upset by somebody's notion."
Weapon: Concussion Blaster Gun
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Railbomb wrote:

For that purpose, they are indeed perfect. Plus, way, way more easy on the wallet.

Agreed...
Although I like the MP line overall, I'll never get MP Optimus... Even though I just spent $250 on on a couple Lego sets, I can't justify $460 for one TF.
Either way, TF is somewhat unique because in one product they're supposed to have a solid bot mode, a solid alt mode, and the whole transformation- which should have some relative ease and enjoyment in the mix of that process. On top of this, is the attempt to try and make design decisions that not only appeal to the masses and collectors, but fit a specific budget.
At some point in all of this, something's gotta give.

I understand that transformation is probably the one aspect that makes these toys so cool.
Still, I don't quite understand the hate for this RED line...
It's not like it's taking-over and phasing-out converting figures.
Now, I have no evidence, but I highly doubt that this line is causing some transforming figure to be scrapped... Could it cause a transforming figure to be delayed? Sure, maybe. But if Hastak thinks something is going to make money, they're going to go for it.

And back to the compromise I mentioned, a series of figures like R.E.D. is one of the only real ways to get a cartoon-accurate robot since the other major aspects of a converting toy don't cause any compromises.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting that I think everyone should or would be into these figures...
But I'm also a little surprised a line like this didn't happen sooner.
Sowndwave76
Gestalt
Strength: 7
Courage: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 7

Postby -Kanrabat- » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:01 pm

It's that simple."
Well, the main hate is that it's the SAME characters over and over and over again. They could do so much more with this line. Unfortunately, doing obscure non-transforming characters such as the human companions of the Transformers universes instead of the same 5 characters seem to be a finantial risk that is too high.

-Kanrabat-
God Of Transformers

Postby blackeyedprime » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:39 am

packaging/display of accessories is nicely done, RED Optimus Prime reviews out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN9wXE9SbRo

*sadly not what I was expecting or had the hopes of. New figures with joints that rival old super SCF lack of quality. Yay for modern engineering.

Size is definitely going to be a problem on these though stood next to Siege Ultra magnus it makes Magnus look the correct size with out needing thrid party leg upgrades. No transformation so they can be cartoon accurate yet the toy colors are off on at least the Prime so far. His inability to hold poses is a no go for me and looks like I'll be going for Netflix Prime.
Soundwaves been reduced to a maybe and if if the line lives long enough for Knockout hopefully it sees some drastic improvements by then.

Im not Redy to join the RED haters yet but the toys aren't doing anything to sell themselves at this point.
blackeyedprime
City Commander

Postby blackeyedprime » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:52 pm

It's not a good sign when a reviewer decides to return them to the store rather than review them. Soundwave and Megs in box, sadly no comparisons yet to the siege toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOIq_pEPjO4
blackeyedprime
City Commander

Transformer RED Series Found in US

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:54 am

We have news that the first wave of the new Transformers RED Series figures has been found at US retail. Matty found them at a Walmart in Arizone, these will only be found at Walmart. These are around the $20 price point. The initial wave has Soundwave, Optimus Prime and Megatron. They are all 6 inches.

If you have found them elsewhere in the US, share your sightings with our community in the sightings section and on our boards in your region related thread.

This sighting was reported on the TFW2005 message boards.

william-james88
News Staff

Re: Transformer RED Series Found in US

Postby First-Aid » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
william-james88 wrote:We have news that the first wave of the new Transformers RED Series figures has been found at US retail. Matty found them at a Walmart in Arizone, these will only be found at Walmart. These are around the $20 price point. The initial wave has Soundwave, Optimus Prime and Megatron. They are all 6 inches.

If you have found them elsewhere in the US, share your sightings with our community in the sightings section and on our boards in your region related thread.

I hope most stores avoid these figures. Otherwise, they will eat up shelf space and prevent ACTUAL Transformers from being stocked. I can see RED figures clogging up shelves for months....
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Skill: 10+

Postby Grahf_ » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:25 pm

Motto: "I am the seeker of power."
Weapon: Razor Tipped Wing Swords
Most stores avoid stocking any toys at all so I don't think you have to worry about them either even being in most stores or pegwarming the ones they are in.
Grahf_
Combiner
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 10+
Speed: 10+
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 4

Postby First-Aid » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Motto: "This won't hurt me a bit."
Weapon: Laser Scalpel
Grahf_ wrote:Most stores avoid stocking any toys at all so I don't think you have to worry about them either even being in most stores or pegwarming the ones they are in.

True. I think the more important thing to note is what's BEHIND those red figures in that picture...I do believe that's an Overload...
It finally happened. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Yes, I cried.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
First-Aid wrote:Okay, did anyone else notice that we all get a wonderful shot of Starscreams crotch anytime he sits in that throne? That's unnerving. Couldn't they have put n extra flap in there? It's....weird.

Its kind of like Basic Instinct, but not in a good way...

Goddammit, now I can't unsee it.
First-Aid
Faction Commander
News Credits: 2
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: 5

Postby Autobot Roadburn » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:40 pm

Can confirm these are hitting some places, I found the wave in Lynnwood WA this morning. I'm at least curious about these, especially if we're supposed to get stuff like Prime Knock Out, so I grabbed Prime and Optimus. I haven't opened them yet but they look like similar material to Marvel Legends so I guess I'll find out in a bit.
Autobot Roadburn
Combiner
News Credits: 8
Buy from Autobot Roadburn on eBay
Strength: 2
Endurance: 9
Courage: 7
Skill: 8

Postby william-james88 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:52 pm

First-Aid wrote:
william-james88 wrote:We have news that the first wave of the new Transformers RED Series figures has been found at US retail. Matty found them at a Walmart in Arizone, these will only be found at Walmart. These are around the $20 price point. The initial wave has Soundwave, Optimus Prime and Megatron. They are all 6 inches.

I hope most stores avoid these figures. Otherwise, they will eat up shelf space and prevent ACTUAL Transformers from being stocked. I can see RED figures clogging up shelves for months....

They are walmart exclusive so you won't see them elsewhere

william-james88
News Staff

Postby ZeroWolf » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:52 pm

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
First-Aid wrote:
Grahf_ wrote:Most stores avoid stocking any toys at all so I don't think you have to worry about them either even being in most stores or pegwarming the ones they are in.

True. I think the more important thing to note is what's BEHIND those red figures in that picture...I do believe that's an Overload...

I do believe you're right :-?
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby Emerje » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
First-Aid wrote:I hope most stores avoid these figures. Otherwise, they will eat up shelf space and prevent ACTUAL Transformers from being stocked. I can see RED figures clogging up shelves for months....

This is Walmart we're talking about, they don't have a clue how to manage the Transformers section. They could be selling WfC Battlemasters, but instead they're selling those same Guardian figures they've been selling off and on for nearly 10 years and a whole column of pegs worth at that! I hope the RED line is replacing those and not another Transformers line.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 2D GI JOE 1123IM275 (CA) ACO (W) Williamson"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:25 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr C 1:10 Image Comics 2023 0723IM408 4C (CA) Park (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #4 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 Image Comics 2024 2E GI JOE 1123IM276 (CA) Dragotta"
DUKE #2 Cvr D 1:50 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 Marvel Comics 1988 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE YEARBOOK #4 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #302 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1123IM895 (CA) Earls"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DUKE #3 Cvr A Image Comics 2024 3A GI JOE 1223IM271 (A/CA) Reilly (W) WIlliamson"
DUKE #3 Cvr A Imag ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TALES OF GI JOE #15 Marvel Comics 1989 (A/CA) Vosburg (W) Hama 220721A"
TALES OF GI JOE #1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 0923IM467 6D (CA) Darboe (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 Cvr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE Real American Hero #1 One-Shot Cvr A Image Comics 2023 Hama cut 221208C"
GI JOE Real Americ ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE ORDER OF BATTLE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Hama 220721A"
GI JOE ORDER OF BA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ptg Image Comics 2024 1023IM976 (CA) Howard (W) Kirkman"
VOID RIVALS #6 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ptg Quintesson Set of 5 A B C D E Image Comics (CA) Howard"
VOID RIVALS #5 2nd ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COBRA COMMANDER #3 Cvr D 1:25 Image Comics 2024 3D 0124IM241 Petraites + Martin"
NEW!
COBRA COMMANDER #3 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GI JOE CASTLE FALL #1 Cvr A IDW Comics 2021 One-Shot SEP200471 1A (CA) Evenhuis"
GI JOE CASTLE FALL ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Battleslash" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Optimal Optimus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Windblade and Scorchfire" on AMAZON
Buy "Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Optimus Prime and Grimlock Figures" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON