BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed

Transformers News: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed

Friday, June 25th, 2010 7:39PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 85,700

Just because there's no Transformers Movie this summer doesnt mean your wallet can rest. Hasbro has unleashed the latest wave of Movie Madness in their Hunt For The Decepticons Toy line. And if you're a fan of the Transformers Movie toys, you're going to love what you're about to see. Seibertron.com's BotCon Coverage continues as we were present at Hasbro's Toy Display area.

Among the 187 pictures taken in this gallery, are figures new and rumored. We're getting a Generation One Repaint of Legends Devastator and some interesting movie box sets, including the Legend Class Arcee Triplets with Battle Damaged Sideways. There's a three pack that includes a Movie Accurate Ravage. Also with the box sets are ones that come with a Deluxe and a Legends class figure. One such assortment would be a Desert Camo'd Deluxe Brawl with Jolt. We get a sneak peek at the new Legends and Scout figures being released, including Sunspot, Oil Pan and Firetrap. We also get a look at the new Deluxes, including Hailstorm, Axor and Rescue Ratchet. Check out the awesome gallery by clicking the pictures below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for all the latest BotCon 2010 coverage!
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090542)
Posted by STngAR on June 25th, 2010 @ 7:46pm CDT
There are some nice looking figures, but there is an awful lot of boring repaints
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090544)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 25th, 2010 @ 7:52pm CDT
Out of all of them, I'm probably just going to get Hailstorm and Axor. :P
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090552)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 25th, 2010 @ 8:12pm CDT
So that Elita-1 is actually screen accurate... :BANG_HEAD: I actually do like that battle damage on Sideways. Pass on the 3rd cannon Bumblebee three pack. For a second i thought it was another Leader class Brawl which would be great. Then i was disappointed.. Not to excited about the paint on Backfire, but i do like the mold. Axor looks pretty good, I'll pick him up since he is supposed to be a pretty BA decepticon. Hailstorm is a thing of pure BEAUTY! Great looking figure.
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090555)
Posted by Ungie on June 25th, 2010 @ 8:17pm CDT
Well: Axor and Hailstorm are bought, the Arcee 3 pack, and the possible 3 pack with BB for the screen accurate Rampage and Ravage, BB can go bye bye.

Just from these promo shots, i am already excited. =P~

:MR-T:
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090559)
Posted by Cheetron on June 25th, 2010 @ 8:24pm CDT
I like a lot of these. But what I can't figure out is why they repainted a figure as bad as Deluxe ratchet. I know, he's never been done before but he was horrid.

But I'm glad to see the guy who combines with Mindwipe (I can't remember his name.) Maybe they'll put out a yellow one of him to match. lol.
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090564)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on June 25th, 2010 @ 8:41pm CDT
HailStorm looks very nice, maybe he can be an extra Combaticon or something.....he certainly doesn't fit MindSet like they said...
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090569)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on June 25th, 2010 @ 8:47pm CDT
TF collector in me says, AWESOME! :APPLAUSE: :KREMZEEK:
Guy who has to pay for this stuff in me says, Oh hell... :shock: :BANG_HEAD:

Some nice repaints there I'll get, too. That Brawl set w/ Jolt, is that just Deluxe Brawl or a new mold, can't tell but it looks like the old Dlx one.

Hailstorm looks scary, def. buy now.
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090573)
Posted by Blurrz on June 25th, 2010 @ 8:52pm CDT
Hip-Hoptimus Rime wrote:Love- LOVE- the Sideways/Arcee triplets set, I can taste it already. What, is that so wrong?

It's okay dude, it's normal. 'As in i'm doing it too' - normal.
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090579)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 25th, 2010 @ 8:58pm CDT
I absolutely love how the blurb for "Bombing Run Battle" doesn't at all explain the massive scale difference. ;)
Speaking of those blurbs, they are really hugging the edges of the card on those Deluxe and Scout classes.

Hailstorm, Brimstone, Insecticon, and a bunch of the new Legends 'Cons are bought. Zombie Sideways and the Triplets is mighty tempting.

Devastator is really, really green.
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090582)
Posted by amethysted on June 25th, 2010 @ 9:08pm CDT
I'm also noticing the newest molds of both HFTD and Gen figs may have a neat little gimmick.

The same weapon clip / bar system that Recon Ironhide started it continues with Breacher, Darkmount and Tommahawk. I'll also check Hailstorm, too...

Darkmount has alot of weapon swapping possibilities. It's a neat little feature I think needs to be mentioned...

And I purposly skipped Scattorshot knowing an eventual repaint would be produced. Firetrap looks good to me! Thanks Hasbro for being predictable!

I'm going to hold off on Hubcap for this same reason...

The mold just screams Goldbug to me.

Now where's Terradive and Tommahawk?
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090589)
Posted by Evil_the_Nub on June 25th, 2010 @ 9:25pm CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:So that Elita-1 is actually screen accurate... :BANG_HEAD:

She is in a "aw screw it, close enough" kind of way. I don't know why they couldn't slightly retool the Arcee mold instead, That would be perfect. I'd do it myself if I could find another Arcee.
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090598)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 25th, 2010 @ 9:42pm CDT
Evil_the_Nub wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:So that Elita-1 is actually screen accurate... :BANG_HEAD:

To clearify, i meant the little one in the three pack. At least it's purple. The deluxe is pathetic..
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090615)
Posted by Ungie on June 25th, 2010 @ 11:09pm CDT
I really don't want to point this out for some who missed it but the Sideways 3 pack is a store exclusive, making it harder to get. I hope it is Walmart because the absolute nearest one is 30 seconds away from my house. It's like COSTCO there, with pack sets thrown everywhere. Anyway I love it and I hope to mod chromia to have the correct arms and bulk arm thing. I also love the Sideswipe stripe on his top on the car. A definite get!
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090625)
Posted by Spectral Dragon on June 26th, 2010 @ 12:31am CDT
So what's the name of the white jet up top? Or the Decepticon plane (It's robot mode)

I need to know because it has to go on the list. And I'm not allowed in that section of the store after Memorial Day so I can't even try to browse for them. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090631)
Posted by Blurrz on June 26th, 2010 @ 12:54am CDT
No idea about the copter, but the White Spy Plane is Sunspot.
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090632)
Posted by Spectral Dragon on June 26th, 2010 @ 12:55am CDT
Thanks!
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090646)
Posted by Prime Riblet on June 26th, 2010 @ 1:52am CDT
Hailstorm is just looking like a little ass-kicker.
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090668)
Posted by DMSL on June 26th, 2010 @ 2:57am CDT
Way too many repaints. It's nice to see a set of all the bikes from TF2, but i would like to see them all Scout sized so they are in scale with the rest of the line. So far they have either been too big, too small or the wrong colour. Jeez.

Hailstorm looks great definately getting him.
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090686)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 26th, 2010 @ 5:25am CDT
Blurrz wrote:No idea about the copter, but the White Spy Plane is Sunspot.

The copter is supposed to be Grindor according to the bio on the back of the box.
Re: BotCon 2010 Gallery - Hunt For The Decepticons Toys Revealed (1090705)
Posted by Mechastrike on June 26th, 2010 @ 7:39am CDT
The Femme Bots come as a set. :D :BOOM:

Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE & DOOMBOX BumbleBee Movie Target Exclusive BRAND NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Dinobot Strafe Deluxe Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers construct bots blitzwing - new in box - triple changer hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Dinobot Slug" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction  "TOYS-R-US' Exclusive Dinobot Slug" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Platinum Edition ULTRA MAGNUS Brand New *MINT CONDITION*" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AOE AGE OF EXTINCTION OPTIMUS PRIME FIRST EDITION LEADER CLASS NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY