Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released

Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released

Monday, July 6th, 2020 1:03pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 35,990

Thanks go to Hasbro (and fellow Seibertronian Aronjlove) for letting us know that the final trailer for the quickly approaching War for Cybertron: Siege series is available to view!

Netflix and Hasbro, Inc., in partnership with Rooster Teeth, today released the final main trailer for Chapter One of the highly anticipated TRANSFORMERS: WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY, premiering on Netflix July 30, 2020. The Series raises the stakes of the Autobot and Decepticon war with Chapter One having six, twenty-two minute episodes, complete with a new animation look and style that presents the TRANSFORMERS bots like you’ve never seen them before. The TRANSFORMERS: WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY plunges us deep into events that live at the heart of this legendary franchise, with SIEGE shining a spotlight on a critical timeframe in TRANSFORMERS history on Cybertron.

TRANSFORMERS: WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY: SIEGE begins in the final hours of the devastating civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons. The war that has torn apart their home planet of Cybertron is at a tipping point. Two leaders, Optimus Prime and Megatron, both want to save their world and unify their people, but only on their own terms. In an attempt to end the conflict, Megatron is forced to consider using the Allspark, the source of all life and power on Cybertron, to “reformat” the Autobots, thus “unifying” Cybertron. Outnumbered, outgunned, and under SIEGE, the battle-weary Autobots orchestrate a desperate series of counterstrikes on a mission that, if everything somehow goes right, will end with an unthinkable choice: kill their planet in order to save it.

Rooster Teeth (RWBY, gen:LOCK) is producing the original series for Netflix, and Polygon Pictures (Godzilla, Knights of Sidonia) is serving as the animation studio. TRANSFORMERS veteran F.J. DeSanto (Transformers: Titans Return, Transformers: Power of the Primes) is serving as showrunner on the series with several contributing writers, including George Krstic (Megas XLR), Gavin Hignight (Transformers: Cyberverse), and Brandon Easton (Agent Carter, Transformers: Rescue Bots).

The Series voice talent cast includes Jake Foushee (Optimus Prime), Jason Marnocha (Megatron), Linsay Rousseau (Elita-1), Joe Zieja (Bumblebee), Frank Todaro (Starscream), Rafael Goldstein (Ratchet), Keith Silverstein (Jetfire), Todd Haberkorn (Shockwave, Red Alert), Edward Bosco (Ultra Magnus, Soundwave), Bill Rogers (Wheeljack), Sophia Isabella (Arcee), Brook Chalmers (Impactor), Shawn Hawkins (Mirage), Kaiser Johnson (Ironhide), Miles Luna (Teletraan I, Cliffjumper) and Mark Whitten (Sideswipe, Skywarp).

Not only that, but the communication from Hasbro included this final line

More details regarding Chapter Two, TRANSFORMERS: WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY: EARTHRISE and Chapter Three coming soon.

This confirms that we're not only getting an Earthrise cartoon, but we may learn the title of the final chapter in the War for Cybertron Trilogy sooner than we think!

July 30th can't come soon enough! What do you think, fellow Seibertronians? Let us know in the comments below!

Credit(s): Hasbro

This article was last modified on Monday, July 6th, 2020 1:08pm CDT

Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070680)
Posted by Deadput on July 6th, 2020 @ 1:14pm CDT
This trailer was better then the first one, voices still are not as good as they could of been but their also not as terrible as they could be either.

I'm really impressed with the Generic variations here, like sure their just recolors/alterations of main characters but like their robots man you would realistically expect repeats of designs to happen to more then just Seekers or Datsun Brothers.

Like for anyone who wanted a more "serious" series, this is probably going to be the best we are ever going to get in that regard since you can't go too deep into war in a "children's franchise" outside of comics. (I mean for those who don't think that shows like Beast Wars or Animated were serious enough) and that might be a turn off for some people who don't like "overly edgy" shows, but no Transformers show is going to be for everyone.

For all we know the show might end up being better (or worse who knows) then the trailers make it out to be.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070686)
Posted by Quantum Surge on July 6th, 2020 @ 2:01pm CDT
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070688)
Posted by sol magnus on July 6th, 2020 @ 2:16pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:I like this trailer a bit more than the last one, and the plot itself feels pretty interesting with the Decepticons reformatting the Autobots, but I'm still on the fence with the animation, voices, and how it heavily relies on the "G1 but dark and mature" gimmick. Maybe it'll be better than Machinima's Prime Wars, but we'll see.

I watched those. They were practically unwatchable. And if the trailers are any indication, the plot, scripting and everything is better than that. But it's a low bar.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070693)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 6th, 2020 @ 3:03pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:

Exactly, it just has to be better then prime wars to not be the worst tf cartoon. I'll be okay if it's passable, as it means it can easily improve as we go from Siege to Earthrise and beyond. I rather have a show go from strength to strength then start out strong then fade away.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070694)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2020 @ 3:16pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I'll be okay if it's passable, as it means it can easily improve as we go from Siege to Earthrise and beyond.
"Passable at first and then better as it goes along" sounds like a good description of Cyberverse.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070697)
Posted by TulioDude on July 6th, 2020 @ 3:43pm CDT
Hype.

:michaelbay:
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070704)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on July 6th, 2020 @ 4:35pm CDT

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070708)
Posted by aronjlove on July 6th, 2020 @ 4:40pm CDT
Tigerhawk7109 wrote:Am I the only one who’s getting my hopes up, because the trailers, voices, and animation are all EPIC?

:BH-PREDACON:

I too feel really good about it. Maybe I don't have enough experience with the people making it, but from trailers alone, I'm pretty psyched. It reminds me of the cutscenes from the War for Cybertron video game from 10 years ago, but with much greater detail.

I also noticed we can see Elita-1 from the back and her design looks interesting. There's wheels between her wings.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070710)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 6th, 2020 @ 4:45pm CDT
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070712)
Posted by sol magnus on July 6th, 2020 @ 4:51pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I'll put it this way, some of the same staff behind the prime wars cartoons are involved in this. If you didn't have the delight of watching them, count yourself lucky

Agreed, but I just think Netflix just ain't gonna put anything on their service that doesn't have minimum standards of quality.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070713)
Posted by aronjlove on July 6th, 2020 @ 4:53pm CDT

No, I saw them and they were horrible. But I also remember the trailers being just as bad as the actual show. These trailers give me the complete opposite feel than those did and I have nothing else to judge them on but these two shows.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070718)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2020 @ 5:18pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:

Let's also keep in mind that it's not Netflix but Rooster Teeth who's making this show.

After all, Netflix doesn't make the stuff they air, they just air the stuff.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070719)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 6th, 2020 @ 5:19pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:

Don't know about that, I'm yet to hear anything good about their saint seiya cgi series. They may only look at quality from a visual and audio perspective, not the story itself which is the main thing.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070720)
Posted by transformers_va on July 6th, 2020 @ 5:27pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:.. how it heavily relies on the "G1 but dark and mature" gimmick.
To me, this is a huge draw towards what I've seen so far. It's obvious that there is more than just the child market, and I'm personally elated to see it going "dark and mature". I watched a few of the different series throughout the years, but found them all far too kiddified and disappointing.
If Cyberverse == 60s Batman, and this == Dark Knight, then I'm stoked for the new show!
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070721)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2020 @ 5:52pm CDT
transformers_va wrote:
The main thing is that The Dark Knight was meaningful in its darkness. There was social commentary and allegory and metaphors and all kinds of weighty and impactful substance. Conversely, if this show turns out to be just depressing and violent grimdark for the sake of depressing and violent grimdark, then that's not maturity, that's shallowness.

Or to put it another way, Batman is cooler when, after struggling to beat his enemy, he ultimately overcomes them with his cunning mind and unyielding will while setting an inspiring example for the viewing audience and channeling a thought-provoking message for us to consider and possibly debate over afterward, rather than when he beats his enemy by sticking a bullet in their head and blowing out their gooey brains all over the camera in full graphic detail, while surrounded by carcasses and skeletons set against the smoldering backdrop of Gotham City on fire and in total ruin.

In short, substance over spectacle is key. ;)

Also, Cyberverse was a far cry from 60s Batman. If anything, the closest TF cartoon equivalent to 60s Batman would be the G1 cartoon, and which was still a far cry from 60s Batman.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070723)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 6th, 2020 @ 6:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
transformers_va wrote:

In short, substance over spectacle is key. ;)

This ^ Being dark for darks sake isn't the way forward, it reeks of being edgy for no reason. Tone is a tool in a writers tool kit to help the story.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070729)
Posted by transformers_va on July 6th, 2020 @ 6:29pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The main thing is that The Dark Knight was meaningful behind the darkness.
I think there is definitely meaning in the dark tone of this new series as well.. it is the war for Cybertron after all ;)
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070730)
Posted by Quantum Surge on July 6th, 2020 @ 6:35pm CDT
transformers_va wrote:

The Cybertron games, setting aside their medium, have a meaning behind the dark tone, but I felt there was more engagement in the story as well as characters that were able to remain unique from one another. This Netflix series has its characters almost feel the same with very little variation past select voices.
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070735)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 6th, 2020 @ 6:50pm CDT
transformers_va wrote:
Yes, and in reality, war is a very miserable, grotesque thing full of death and turmoil. That's why most TF fiction has usually downplayed the grimness and bloodiness of warfare to focus instead on more uplifting or character-driven aspects of war like hope, strategy, skills, and character dynamics.

Less "Saving Private Ryan" and more "Captain America: The First Avenger" or even "Wonder Woman". ;)
Re: Final Trailer for War for Cybertron: Siege Netflix Series Released (2070736)
Posted by transformers_va on July 6th, 2020 @ 6:55pm CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:The Cybertron games, setting aside their medium, have a meaning behind the dark tone, but I felt there was more engagement in the story as well as characters that were able to remain unique from one another.
I agree with you 100% about the games, and I'm hoping that the series is well done too. I won't judge it based of a few minutes of preview, and instead look forward to watching

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Prowl Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots Series 1 - Burgertron, Poo Sham & Sticky McGee" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botbots series 1 Spud Muffin #12" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS03 Galactic Man Shockwave Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "2013 Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Night Shadow Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BERSERKER - THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION. NEW!" on EBAY