First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner

First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner

Monday, July 25th, 2011 8:27am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 49,881

It would appear the previously reported third-party dino-combiner is moving from computer renders to prototypes. The images mirrored below popped up on the Chinese toy website ACToys. To see computer renders of the robot mode and conceptual images of the other members click here.

The same topic also contains images of the non-Transformers related Star Cat Rescue Team combiner (bottom three images).

Credit(s): ACToys

Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1265935)
Posted by joevill on July 25th, 2011 @ 8:49am CDT
All those bots combine into a dinosaur? Interesting! :APPLAUSE:
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1265943)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:11am CDT
joevill wrote:All those bots combine into a dinosaur? Interesting! :APPLAUSE:

No all of those bots are multiple prototypes of one robot that turns into a dinosaur and combines with other dinobot like guys.
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1265952)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:32am CDT
Interesting. Looks pretty decent. Also, that bottom pic looks like something unrelated, almost like another Springer. Any info on that?
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1265953)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:33am CDT
meh...

oooh, is that a potential Springer mold I see?
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1265956)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:36am CDT
I know we haven't been shown a hell of a lot of these sets but I've gotten a lot more excited over far less. The dinosaur set just makes me think of Power Rangers. If this is meant to be the Dinobots then it's ALL going to come down to the colour scheme. I'm with Dead Metal when he speculates that these are just themed transforming robots.
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1265959)
Posted by El Duque on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:38am CDT
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1266005)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 25th, 2011 @ 11:22am CDT
I don't think they were going for the Grimlock look honestly. Although, this is about as close to Grimlock as the classics figure is, in Dino mode at least. My guess is that this will be their own 5 dinobots somehow related to THE Dinobots.

So TFC, how about them PCC limbs??
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1266014)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 25th, 2011 @ 11:32am CDT
El Duque wrote:Sorry guys, refer back to my original post. The bottom three images are for an un-TF related project for Star Cat Rescue Team. Just thought folks might find them interesting.

God I'm stupid, and there I was wondering where all the dinosaur kibble was on that bot-mode. :lol:
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1266051)
Posted by robofreak on July 25th, 2011 @ 12:47pm CDT

I like what they reveal, but they are steadily losing any hope I have for them.

All they show are fragments of stuff now.

I might actually start to care about their stuff if they would actually take the time to finish one project at a time.
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1266058)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 25th, 2011 @ 12:57pm CDT
robofreak wrote:So TFC has spent this time making more crap that we could care less about and less time making the final 2 pieces of Devastator?

I like what they reveal, but they are steadily losing any hope I have for them.

All they show are fragments of stuff now.

I have a hunch we will be seeing the completed Hercules in the instruction manual of Exgraver.
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1266086)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:37pm CDT
Eeehhhhh.... not sure how I feel about this one. The Concept got me all excited, if they were for the PCC Dinobot then I might be more interested, but if they're just going to be a Dinobot inspired combiner then probably not.
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1266089)
Posted by Blurrz on July 25th, 2011 @ 1:43pm CDT
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1266118)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:05pm CDT
Well it looks like i'm part of the very small group that likes this.

I took a chance buying my very first PCC which was grimstone and loved him, so to see another dino-combiner is =P~

I dont care if it is or isn't supposed to be the G1 crew im just glad theres new combiners that are not the usual and i don't see power wankers either personally i think this looks great i just hope its affordable
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1266130)
Posted by El Duque on July 25th, 2011 @ 2:15pm CDT
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1266194)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on July 25th, 2011 @ 3:20pm CDT
El Duque wrote:I think it has potential. From what I've read at various places around the web these are supposed to be about the same size as the Hercules figures and share the same style combining ports.

#-o sounds expensive already :sad: might have to start saveing, i can pass on herc if there is going to be another 3rd party release of devastator so with any luck i'll get the 2nd relese and dinobiner.
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1266293)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 25th, 2011 @ 5:16pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:This looks like it's going to be hawt. Kate Beckinsale in Underworld plugsuit hawt.

Now there's a great candidate for Human Alliance figure!
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1267242)
Posted by El Duque on July 27th, 2011 @ 11:03am CDT
Another member of the third-party dino-combiner has showed up on ACToys. This time we get a look at a prototype version of the pterodactyl team member in both modes along with the previously seen t-rex and a member of the Star Cat Rescue Team combiner. Images have been mirrored below.

Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1267257)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 27th, 2011 @ 11:23am CDT
That's not bad, not bad at all. I'm going to have a tough time deciding to display these guys individually as my classic dinobots or together in the combined mode.
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1267267)
Posted by mesh on July 27th, 2011 @ 11:39am CDT
they look like energon dinobot combiners.
um........not really interested in these.
need to see more pics to make a proper decision.
Re: First Prototype from the Upcoming Third-Party Dino-Combiner (1267268)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 27th, 2011 @ 11:39am CDT
If that isn't meant to be Swoop then it's someone who looks exactly like him.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY