Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy)

Transformers News: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy)

Saturday, January 19th, 2019 4:47PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 21,517

As I'm sure many of you remember, we put up an article on our first image of the upcoming War for Cybertron Trilogy: Siege Leader Optimus Prime, which is based off none other than Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime/Galaxy Force Leader Class Galaxy Convoy. Since the Siege figure is a retool of Siege Leader Class Ultra Magnus, this figure has an inner robot. And here we have a leaked image of it! Thanks to a notification from Seibertronian Survivefan23 and starrhero, we have word that an image of the inner robot of Siege Leader Optimus Prime is on TransFan's Facebook page. Here, we see a more G1 style Optimus, though it still has the Cybertron Optimus cab for a torse and somewhat similar forearms. This design is being used in the upcoming IDW reboot, as seen here and here. The leaked image appears to be from the back of the box, and is rendered in black and white.

We also see the figure carrying two weapons. If you recall, these are the same weapons as the black blasters that came with Siege Ultra Magnus, which seem to carry over it's coloration. This makes sense, since those weapons were very similar to the leg mounted guns on Cybertron Optimus' super mode.

So, thoughts on this figure? Tell us in the Pub forums down below!

Credit(s): Transfan on Facebook, Survivefan23 and starrhero on Seibertron

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005701)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 19th, 2019 @ 4:50pm CST
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005705)
Posted by Shredd the Dinobot on January 19th, 2019 @ 5:16pm CST
I kind of hated Cybertron to be honest (either CG or 2D please, they almost never look good together) But I did really like that Optimus design. I love the cab on its own without the armor more than thevother Optimus, the vehicle actually looks kind of cybertronian compared to the other Siege Optimus. That being said I like the overall look of the first one better... But this one has a fun super mode... I don't know what to get XD

If you paint the armor parts black and white, and slap them on the Ultra Magnus Prime it could make for a cool IDW Nova/Nemisis Prime custom...

Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005706)
Posted by Munkky on January 19th, 2019 @ 5:21pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Back up a minute, Wasn't Galaxy Force Prime on one of those fan polls from a couple years ago?

As far as I can remember, at least one version of Unicron Trilogy Optimus (the original Armada design I think) was on a poll to see which Convoy would get a new Masterpiece figure, and Star Saber ended up winning. Other than that, I don't remember Cybertron/Galaxy Force Optimus specifically being in a fan poll.

I never owned the original Cybertron Optimus, and I was going to avoid most of the Seige line, but I am impressed with this new Optimus and may even swap out the Power of the Primes Leader for this one on my main Autobot display. It would also be great if that Cybertron Defense Hot Shot from the Hound mould happens at some point, because that's another figure I never had.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005709)
Posted by notirishman on January 19th, 2019 @ 5:33pm CST
starrhero wrote:Has anybody mentioned this possible third pic of Leader Optimus without his armor? It looks almost identical to the IDW comics, as we expected it would.

Edit: Well then, I guess somebody had mentioned the third pic. :lol:

Yup! Not in the forums though. I'll add your name in the post since you mentioned it before I wrote the post, but you won't receive a credit.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005710)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 19th, 2019 @ 5:36pm CST
Munkky wrote:

Yeah the only poll Cybertron Prime was on was the masterpiece one.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005712)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 19th, 2019 @ 5:40pm CST

Back in 2013... Here are the final results:

11th Fortress Maximus (The Headmasters)
10th Grand Convoy (Superlink/Energon)
9th Lio Convoy (Beast Wars II)
8th Big Convoy (Beast Wars Neo)
7th Galaxy Convoy (Galaxy Force/Cybertron)
6th Beast Wars Convoy (Optimus Primal)
5th Super Fire Convoy (Car Robots/Robots in Disguise)
4th Dai Atlas (Zone)
3rd Super Ginrai (Super God Masterforce)
2nd Micron Densetsu Convoy (Armada)
1st Star Saber (Victory)
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005714)
Posted by notirishman on January 19th, 2019 @ 5:44pm CST
I actually have an interesting story to tell. Back when Titans Return started and Powermaster Optimus Prime came out, I wanted CW Magnus, and the Commemorative Series Powermaster Optimus Prime. Since TR Powermaster Optimus Prime was a retool of CW Magnus as, well, Powermaster Optimus Prime, I had the best of both worlds! I ended up getting Ultra Magnus through the discounted Platinum Edition multipack.

Fate repeats here, awesomely enough. I want Siege Ultra Magnus and Cybertron Optimus Prime, and guess what! A retool of Siege Magnus appears as Cybertron Optimus. I mean, like, having an OG Cybertron Optimus Prime would be amazing, this will still be a great substitute, and Cybertron Optimus Primes are expensive. And Siege Magnus I can still get, but I'll wait till a few months from now when it'll eventually go on clearance, assuming I have money at that moment, of course.

It's just interesting how the same thing that happened, like, 3 years ago is happening again.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005716)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 19th, 2019 @ 5:54pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Back in 2013... Here are the final results:

11th Fortress Maximus (The Headmasters)
10th Grand Convoy (Superlink/Energon)
9th Lio Convoy (Beast Wars II)
8th Big Convoy (Beast Wars Neo)
7th Galaxy Convoy (Galaxy Force/Cybertron)
6th Beast Wars Convoy (Optimus Primal)
5th Super Fire Convoy (Car Robots/Robots in Disguise)
4th Dai Atlas (Zone)
3rd Super Ginrai (Super God Masterforce)
2nd Micron Densetsu Convoy (Armada)
1st Star Saber (Victory)

Thought so, thanks. Kind of defeats the point of the polls if they will take whatever ones they want to from it (albeit not MP). Even six years later I doubt Galaxy Force Prime would have reached higher than 7th today if polled again. In spite of a handful from that list already finding a new toy in the standard and/or MP line.

As Rodimus Prime alluded to earlier, should SIEGE in fact be commemorating the G1 anniversary (as they seem to do every other year :roll: ) Wouldn't it be nice if Part Two and Three were commemorative of Other Transformers series? For example, next year is the 20th anniversary of Car Robots/RiD (in Japan) How about that being the basis of WFC Part Two?
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005718)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:02pm CST
I doubt we got Cybertron Prime from that poll
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005720)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:04pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I doubt we got Cybertron Prime from that poll

A bit of an extremely random pick otherwise.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005721)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:06pm CST
Yes, that poll was obviously a first-past-the-post poll, not a ranked-choice poll. And was in point of fact for the MP line anyway.

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I doubt we got Cybertron Prime from that poll

A bit of an extremely random pick otherwise.

I think it was a pick they realized they could make work really well with the UM armoring system. Plus Cybertron Prime and his huge guns certainly go nicely with the line.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005724)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:20pm CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I doubt we got Cybertron Prime from that poll

A bit of an extremely random pick otherwise.

Why? Wouldn't tooling um vehicle mode to resemble rid um be an odd pick? Giving hound Cybertron defense hot shots head be an odd choice? Warden didn't pick Cybertron Prime because of that poll from so long ago. As to why they choose Cybertron Prime, well they had a cab and armour... So they thought, well what Primes have super armour, and went from there.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005725)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:24pm CST
Coincidence then. Even though Powermaster Prime and/or Car Robots Prime (Who even incorporates A UM in his design) predate Galaxy Force and lend themselves easier to the same augmentation concept of SIEGE.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005727)
Posted by Cobotron on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:27pm CST
Cybertron Prime is a beloved toy and version of Prime across the fandom.

Here's a poll, raise your hand if you think Cybertron Prime is the dopeness!

*hand raised*
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005729)
Posted by ausbot on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:28pm CST
I'm still hoping for a Delta magnus from Siege Ultra Magnus
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005731)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:30pm CST
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005734)
Posted by Ironhidensh on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:34pm CST
Cobotron wrote:Cybertron Prime is a beloved toy and version of Prime across the fandom.

Here's a poll, raise your hand if you think Cybertron Prime is the dopeness!

*hand raised*

I want a Black Convoy/Nemesis Prime version....... Hell, I'd actually pay the full price for it.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005735)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:35pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:We already had powermaster prime twice ;) (once in TR then take a look at the Transformation of leader op from potp) Car Robots would have been the best choice but Warden probably thought that the homage of um vehicle mode would have been enough (and it saves having to disappoint fans that Prime and um can't combine like in Car Robots)

It goes back to what we were saying before, about how other lines IE Car Robots, Unicron Trilogy would work really well, if not make a more natural fit than G1, to the gimmick of SIEGE.

Fingers crossed they take heed of this with Car Robots 20th anniversary next year.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005740)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:40pm CST

Here's a poll, raise your hand if you think Cybertron Prime is the dopeness!

*hand raised*

*raises hand so fast it makes a sonic boom*

AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

Eh.. aside from the Autobot Brothers I think that's more a game for reissues.
Hopefully with better QC than the Encore God Fire Convoy set.
Re: Leaked image of inner robot of WFC Siege Leader Optimus Prime (Galaxy Convoy) (2005750)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 19th, 2019 @ 6:55pm CST
Shredd the Dinobot wrote:On that note am I the only one that wished they used POTP to release figures for Primes that don't have Proper figures like Sentinel and Nova. I didn't expect them to do the Thirteen(they should get there own line that focuses primarily on them and there conflicts, no modern bots). I can't wait to see what else we get in this trilogy. I hope we get war for Cybertron inspired Dinobots at some point, those were probably the best designs they've ever gotten.

Part of the reason I’m so disappointed in PotP was specifically because they didnt have new version of Vector Prime, Nemesis Prime, Sentinal Prime (TR figure notwithstanding).

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations DIRGE Missiles Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations DIRGE Deluxe Complete Jet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations CLIFFJUMPER SUPPRESSOR 30th Anniversary Legends" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Barricade" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return TR Astrotrain 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Deluxe Class CHROMIA Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Bumblebee & Blazemaster NIP" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Hasbro Generations 30th Universe Deluxe Voyager BLITZWING Complete" on EBAY