MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures

MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures

Friday, March 30th, 2012 6:51am CDT

Category: Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,691

MGS continues to give us more options to upgrade Classics Hound. Posted over at AC Toys are pictures of their next project for classics Hound. MGS-05 is an upgrade kit that will turn you classics Hound figure into a Generation 1 Brawn. This is an alternative for those who want their mini bots deluxe size.

We also have additional images of MGS-03 Hound and Ravage upgade kit.

Credit(s): AC Toys

Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1363899)
Posted by Rated X on March 30th, 2012 @ 7:07am CDT
Glad I pre-ordered the Hound upgrade, but I dont really agree with a Brawn upgrade at this point since I-Gear is already making Brawn. Lets see how he comes and if the parts are fully transformable.
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1363908)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 30th, 2012 @ 8:12am CDT
What he said. I liked the Brawn upgrade at first glance because I thought it was for RTS Brawn, but even if this looks more G1ish in jeep mode, turning Hound into Brawn doesn't make as much sense.
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1363929)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 30th, 2012 @ 9:08am CDT
Looking at the robot mode doesn't scream Brawn to me. However it might make a good *new* character.
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1363933)
Posted by Ironhide516 on March 30th, 2012 @ 9:17am CDT
This is definately the best Hound upgrade so far, & just got Reprolabels for him. Going for the iGear Brawn though.
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1363938)
Posted by AutobotCliffjumper on March 30th, 2012 @ 9:27am CDT
I like the upgrade kit...but as the others have voiced, the "Brawn" upgrade doesn't do anything for me. >:oP
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1363963)
Posted by dirk2243 on March 30th, 2012 @ 10:22am CDT
Scale wise......this makes sense, As a real Brawn would be about the same size as most deluxes out there. I'd like his back to look a little more like brawn though instead of just slapping a different head on hound.

Alt mode looks good honestly, but the bot mode looks a little off. Perhaps the sheild he is holding can hook to the back and look more like brawn?
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1363973)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on March 30th, 2012 @ 10:58am CDT
I like my minibots as deluxes! Unfortunately I don't have the dough to buy a henkei hound :sad:
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1363984)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 30th, 2012 @ 11:41am CDT
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1364006)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 30th, 2012 @ 1:17pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Way to come out with an update for a figure no longer on the shelves. I dislike this new trend.

New?
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1364021)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 30th, 2012 @ 2:53pm CDT
I do like this Hound/Ravage upgrade set but now that I know the price I don't feel it's worth it, $30 is a bit much for what you get. I would also like the Ravage weapons to be compatible with ML Ravage.

The Brawn set is kind of meh to me. It's a cool idea, but I do think Brawn from Hound is kind of weird, and the alt mode doesn't really come together well enough.
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1364064)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on March 30th, 2012 @ 5:30pm CDT
This... does nothing for me. iGear has their Brawn coming out and I don't wanna buy another Hound for the kit.
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1364068)
Posted by DISCHARGE on March 30th, 2012 @ 5:37pm CDT
This is probably the greatest add on kit ever.
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1364119)
Posted by NTESHFT on March 30th, 2012 @ 8:46pm CDT
Love the Hound upgrade........definite pass on the Brawn kit, though. I-Gear got that covered and then some..........
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1368015)
Posted by quebecer on April 11th, 2012 @ 12:13pm CDT
I'm planning on using a Classics Hound as throttlebot Rollbar, so with a different head, this Brawn kit might work for me.
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1368019)
Posted by Kibble on April 11th, 2012 @ 12:22pm CDT
Glad the Brawn kit isn't amazing because I unloaded my extra Hound after getting the Henkei version.
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1368021)
Posted by quebecer on April 11th, 2012 @ 12:26pm CDT
I'm guessing the kit will cost the same or more as the Igear Brawn anyways.
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1368229)
Posted by cylor on April 12th, 2012 @ 2:46am CDT
quebecer wrote:I'm guessing the kit will cost the same or more as the Igear Brawn anyways.

I guess so, just the MGS-03 weapon pack is 30USD BEFORE shipping, while I-gear Brawn is 34USD shipped...
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1369534)
Posted by Wh33l Jck on April 15th, 2012 @ 9:17pm CDT
I'm guessing BBTS should be getting the hound upgrade soon? There have been in hand box photos floating around and it has been listed on ebay for about a week now?
Re: MGS-05 Brawn Upgrade Kit: Additional MGS-03 Hound Upgrade Pictures (1416490)
Posted by philipjreed on September 3rd, 2012 @ 3:53pm CDT
The Hound upgrade's quite nice. Plastic feels good. Sculpt of the pieces is nice. Overall it's actually far cooler than I was expecting. New review now up:

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide Legends Figure MOSC New!! RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger Transformers Combiner Wars Loose 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro - Transformers Generations - Combiner Wars - Trailbreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS - Generations Combiner Wars -AUTOBOT HOUND Figure -Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2016 Beast Wars Terrorsaur Combiner Exclusive New Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Autobot Jetfire Commander Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY