New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters

New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters

Monday, November 30th, 2020 3:16pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 26,113

Greetings Seibertronians! Following on from the finding of more Headmasters making their way back to store shelves. Twitter user, @ishikawa_sunday has put new comparison pictures up of the initial four Headmasters (Chromedome, Brainstorm, Hardhead and Mindwipe) and their Titans Returns/Legends counterparts! Showing that these new releases aren't just the same deco as before.

Check out the images below:

Chromedome

Transformers News: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters

Brainstorm

Hardhead

Mindwipe

These will be Walmart Exclusive in areas that have a Walmart, though various sellers online have listed them either separately or in the set of four.

Will you be getting any of these? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): @Ishikawa_sunday on Twitter

Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088228)
Posted by Overcracker on November 30th, 2020 @ 3:29pm CST
I'm assuming the figure in the middle of every shot is the new release right?

With the original Hasbro release on the Left and Takara on the right.

Chromedome looks great.

Don't think I need to upgrade Hardhead. But he does look good.

Takara's Brainstorm still looks better.

And Hasbro's Mindwipe I think is still the better of the 3.
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088229)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 30th, 2020 @ 3:31pm CST
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088232)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on November 30th, 2020 @ 3:42pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Wow, I'm really down for these but seeing the comparisons reminds me just how many figures share parts between them.

Just Brainstorm (retooled from Blurr) and Chromedome, really. So far, the beasts remain unique molds, with Skullcruncher only having a confirmed alternate head as Krok.
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088233)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 30th, 2020 @ 4:00pm CST
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:

I'm thinking of alllll the figures made from Blurr.
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088235)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 30th, 2020 @ 4:13pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:

I'm thinking of alllll the figures made from Blurr.
Blurr, Brainstorm, Nautica, and Arcee. And Chromedome shares some parts.

Hoping that Arcee at least gets a reissue. I mean, Headmaster Arcee is show-canon so she stands a better chance than most.

Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088237)
Posted by sol magnus on November 30th, 2020 @ 4:16pm CST
Still deciding on whether I'm getting these. They're 10 dollars higher in retail, although they do look slightly better in most cases.
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088239)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 30th, 2020 @ 4:27pm CST
The differences are significant enough for the hardcore to triple-dip.

Regardless, I'll never see them in store and I already have the regular TR ones.
So, eh...
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088243)
Posted by joevill on November 30th, 2020 @ 5:21pm CST
they should of been released like that the first time!
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088244)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 30th, 2020 @ 5:44pm CST
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088249)
Posted by aronjlove on November 30th, 2020 @ 6:40pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:To me, Hardhead is the only one that looks better than the previous two versions.

I'm kinda glad I skipped buying Hardhead on eBay so I can get this rerelease. He and Highbrow are two I missed out on.
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088258)
Posted by DeathReviews on November 30th, 2020 @ 7:40pm CST
Aside from Mindwipe (and Brainstorm, a Walgreens exclusive), all of the Headmasters pictured there were MAJOR shelf-warmers during the Titans Return line. In the end, they had trouble even giving away all the extra Chromedome figures at Walmart. I can't see how retro packaging will make a difference, but good luck...
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088260)
Posted by ausbot on November 30th, 2020 @ 7:47pm CST
Brainstorm and chromedome needed g1 accurate guns
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088267)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on November 30th, 2020 @ 8:31pm CST
IMO they largely took a lateral move as far as looks go (okay, Brainstorm looks better than his Legends version because Takara's color guide is screwy). Only real difference is whether you prefer about Hardhead and Brainstorm having faces or them having mouthplates.

ausbot wrote:Brainstorm and chromedome needed g1 accurate guns
Technically Brainstorm has G1-accurate guns, but they're permanently fused to his altmode nosecone.

Also, Hardhead's rifle isn't really G1-accurate either.
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088317)
Posted by Emerje on December 1st, 2020 @ 8:06am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Also, I can't believe I didn't notice at first that they just re-used the G1 art. That just looks dumb. I wonder, will we be getting Reprolabels to cover that with G1-style art of the toy actually in the box? Or will they just do stickers to cel-shade the box window so you can't see the mismatch?

It kinda matches the toy in the box. Despite being the original box art the heads on the art is new to reflect the new heads on the figures.

I'm thinking about getting these just to keep in box, shame how much Brainstorm is out of view through the window.

Emerje
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088401)
Posted by Overcracker on December 1st, 2020 @ 3:16pm CST

Hope nobody is dumb enough to fall for such a thing.
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088412)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 1st, 2020 @ 4:38pm CST
Overcracker wrote:Cue evil scalper trying to pass these as original G1 figures on Ebay. Get a bit of plexiglass, and bam you get a $2000 rated Headmaster Brainstorm.

Hope nobody is dumb enough to fall for such a thing.
I'm expecting casuals to think these are vintage reissues when they see them on the shelf in stores.
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088438)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 1st, 2020 @ 6:52pm CST
ausbot wrote:Brainstorm and chromedome needed g1 accurate guns

Here, here.
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088454)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 1st, 2020 @ 8:14pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ausbot wrote:Brainstorm and chromedome needed g1 accurate guns

Here, here.

Where? Where?
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088500)
Posted by Emerje on December 2nd, 2020 @ 6:34am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Hope nobody is dumb enough to fall for such a thing.

They already are, there was somebody on a recent Michael Mercy live stream that was very excited about wave 2 of the G1 Headmaster reissues. (Michael's live streams are usually just him reading and talking about whatever comes up in the live chat.)

At the 5:20 mark

Took a little while but other people set things straight, more or less.

Emerje
Re: New Comparisons For Walmart Exclusive Transformers Headmasters (2088759)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 4th, 2020 @ 2:45am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ausbot wrote:Brainstorm and chromedome needed g1 accurate guns

Here, here.
Odd that you only call those two out, considering Hardhead (whose rifle looks like a weird hybrid of his G1 rifles and Chromedome's G1 rifles) and Weirdwolf. I did point out that Brainstorm technically does have the G1 guns, they're just fused to the nosecone/shield. I actually took advantage of that myself:

For what it's worth I think Chromedome's larger gun took inspiration from his G1 rifles in the placement of the diagonals.

Giving them G1-accurate guns at this point would have been a bit much in the way of extra expense. If it's any consolation, last I looked the 3P ones aren't exactly hard to find. Additionally, in Brainstorm's case, if you're up for a minor mod and can get or make some 5mm pegs it's pretty easy to do what I did and turn the molded-in guns into separate ones that work just like the G1 toy's.

I personally really like that the Titans Return molds all came with an accessory (or had combining accessories) that has a Titan Master seat. I like the extra interactivity that provides, especially when you get basebots involved. It has me scheming on building such weapons for Apeface and Snapdragon (a missile pod for the former, a shield/drone based on the Lockheed D21 for the latter).

I still really hope that this line will reissue Misfire, Slugslinger, Windblade, the Jumpstarters... I think at the very least it should reissue Arcee and the Monsterbots (especially Grotusque).

This line's existence gives me hopes for a Combiner Wars reissue line (because as I have said a million times, screw the eBay prices for the CW limbs).

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "GI Joe Transformers 2011 SDCC MEGATRON GUN 25th Starscream Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage Transformers BONE CRUSHER Constructicons HASBRO, TAKARA Japan 1980 84" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Metroplex SDCC Generations Titan Class" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE ~ 2017 MATT TRAKKER ~ SDCC revolution TRANSFORMERS ~100% & CARD" on EBAY