New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet

New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet

Sunday, January 16th, 2011 4:34pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 103,149

Ratchet, Rescue Ratchet, Premium Ratchet, Desert Tracker Ratchet, and Night Ops Ratchet. The Movie-verse Voyager Ratchet mold has quite the longevity, and it's track record will be continued into the Dark Of The Moon toyline. We've seen pictures of the main Autobot heroes, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Ironhide, and at last we get Ratchet. The toy looks spot on to the Ratchet seen on the Dark Of the Moon set, deco'd in green and white, with the E4 and "Search and Rescue Fire Dept" logos. Images courtesy of Taobao member moonhyaoyu, check them out here!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Taobao member moonhyaoyu

This article was last modified on Sunday, January 16th, 2011 4:53pm CST

Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170026)
Posted by SlyTF1 on January 16th, 2011 @ 4:37pm CST
Why are they all the same!?
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170030)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on January 16th, 2011 @ 4:40pm CST
This new re-paint would be the only Ratchet repaint to make sense.

They're debating whether it's official or custom at tfw2005.com...

I'll wait until I know for certain.
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170031)
Posted by mattyc1007 on January 16th, 2011 @ 4:41pm CST
Screw up on Prime, BB and Ironhide but Ratchet's paint job? Now Im offended :BOOM:

Only figure Im going to buy out of DOTM is Megatron :D
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170035)
Posted by Tyrannotaur on January 16th, 2011 @ 4:55pm CST
I am not getting this mold again. It was cool after the first movie, but Ratchet needs some love in the form of a new voyager mold. The Deluxe mold is a start but too darn small for me to display with my ROTF Leader prime. I do like the Emblem designs though.
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170037)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 16th, 2011 @ 5:04pm CST
they should not be allowed to repaint the same mold every year
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170038)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on January 16th, 2011 @ 5:04pm CST
Swiftknife24 wrote:This new re-paint would be the only Ratchet repaint to make sense.

They're debating whether it's official or custom at tfw2005.com...

I'll wait until I know for certain.

I saw this over there earlier today as well. Most seem to be saying it's a custom. But I have no idea why anyone would paint that of their own free will..

If it's official, it doesn't matter to me, come hell or high water, I won't ever buy this mold again. Easily the worst one I bought from the first movie. Blegh.
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170039)
Posted by Rated X on January 16th, 2011 @ 5:05pm CST
Looks like he hit the body shop and they ran out of green paint and left the bondo...
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170042)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 16th, 2011 @ 5:10pm CST
If this is DOTM Ratchet, Hasbro are doing their best to make sure I don't buy any DOTM toys. I have seen nothing lately that makes me want to part with my money. The downside is, they will probably halt other lines such as Generations, Reveal the Sheild and PCC to make sure they sell this crap.
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170046)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 16th, 2011 @ 5:16pm CST
Well, this has surpassed ridiculous into the sublimely stupid. Hasbro, you need to spend money to make it. Try it with Ratchet.
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170065)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 16th, 2011 @ 5:54pm CST
Hideous. They could have left Ratchet out of the movies entirely and they wouldn't have suffered a bit. My memory would also have been saved from this horrendous visual I see before me. Yuk!
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170073)
Posted by Mykltron on January 16th, 2011 @ 6:11pm CST
And there go our hopes and dreams of a decent voyager Ratchet...
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170077)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 16th, 2011 @ 6:16pm CST
I think they're counting on the fact that you're going to like ratchet in the new movie enough that, looking at your other paint jobs of Ratchet, you'll go "Aw, but I so want to have an 'updated' version that is featured in the movie, every other ratchet features a paint job that reminds me it isn't 'current'", or some crap. Pretty lame. It seems the best movie molds come from characters that aren't in the movie... with the exception of ROTF Leader Prime, and a few Decepticons like Brawl, and Blackout.
:CON:
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170078)
Posted by prowl123 on January 16th, 2011 @ 6:21pm CST
Never liked this mold, but DAMN IT WHY DO THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME?? :evil:
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170087)
Posted by Grahf on January 16th, 2011 @ 6:32pm CST
Well, there is another $22 saved.
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170097)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on January 16th, 2011 @ 6:52pm CST
I hope this is a custom.
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170104)
Posted by jlogano20 on January 16th, 2011 @ 6:57pm CST
this still screams custom to me no crappy mechtech btw
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170127)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on January 16th, 2011 @ 7:41pm CST
jlogano20 wrote:this still screams custom to me no crappy mechtech btw

Can't count on that to reveal what it is. Hasbro didn't even update the mold for the second film to include the mech-alive gimmick either. So there is precedent for poor Ratchet not getting any love.
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170129)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 16th, 2011 @ 7:44pm CST
Another remold? I'd have to say that I don't wanna see another remold, however......I would like another version of that deluxe Ratchet. That was AWESOME! 8)
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170184)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 16th, 2011 @ 10:56pm CST
That's not spot on to the movie version, not by a long shot! The pics. from the DotM set of Ratchet, those I can get into. I think the green striping should have carried over onto the hood to tie everything in a bit better but I can handle it as is. That toy however, that's hideous. The white varies on hood, door and back end, the green is off from front to back and neither shades match the set pictures. I like the Ratchet mold and I can handle all of the repaints except that Night Ops joke of a paint job. That was just nasty but it's still has the merit of being consistent unlike this new toy. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Images of Dark Of The Moon Voyager Ratchet (1170186)
Posted by OptiMagnus on January 16th, 2011 @ 11:04pm CST
This is either custom or an un-finalized prototype. The paint job and colors are unsatisfactory to say the least.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY