New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade

Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 8:48AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,653

Fellow Seibertronian shajaki has pointed us towards some news concerning the Takara Tomy/Hasbro Transformers Movie Masterpiece line, and specifically, MPM-5 Barricade! Weibo user Alucardlee has posted a number of images showing off renders for the figure, with colour tests for both modes. Check them out below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade
Credit(s): Weibo alucardlee
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917263)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 18th, 2017 @ 8:54am CDT
Looks nice. Keeping an eye on this one. Look forward to seeing better pics of it and posed fighting with MPM Bee.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917264)
Posted by MaverickPrime on October 18th, 2017 @ 8:56am CDT
Oh my God...the chest is fake, right? Right?!?
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917265)
Posted by Budder Prime on October 18th, 2017 @ 9:01am CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:Oh my God...the chest is fake, right? Right?!?

It's Masterpiece, outside of Cheetor, they haven't done a fake chest. I highly expect this to be real.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917270)
Posted by Quantum Surge on October 18th, 2017 @ 9:17am CDT
Maybe the orange highlights refer to any die-cast pieces. Looks fantastic!
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917271)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 18th, 2017 @ 9:19am CDT
Quantum Surge wrote:Maybe the orange highlights refer to any die-cast pieces. Looks fantastic!

That's what I wondered (though my mistake calling them orange. That was going by the first pic I couldn't see well, on the bigger one those lines are definitely red). :)
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917272)
Posted by Insurgent on October 18th, 2017 @ 9:22am CDT
Are his arms that long on screen?

Love the head.may need to se more of it before i get excited.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917285)
Posted by PrymeStriker on October 18th, 2017 @ 10:16am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Are his arms that long on screen?

Love the head.may need to se more of it before i get excited.

I don't think we ever got a good look on screen, but in the 2007 video game they most certainly are. In fact, they extend out further as Barricade's primary attack in the Autobot campaign as gigantic flails.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917288)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 18th, 2017 @ 10:29am CDT
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917289)
Posted by william-james88 on October 18th, 2017 @ 10:29am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Are his arms that long on screen?

Yeah, they were super long.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917291)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 18th, 2017 @ 10:36am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Interesting. Like at first glance, but experience with the previous 2 Movie MPs makes me very hesitant to get excited.

I've heard about problems with Prime's truck mode alignment but what was wrong with Bee? The folks I know who bought that one seem very happy.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917296)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on October 18th, 2017 @ 10:53am CDT
I need dis. I need dis now!
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917302)
Posted by william-james88 on October 18th, 2017 @ 11:16am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Bee has trouble standing since he is very top heavy and the tabs that keep his feet together dont secure properly so his feet become undone and he falls over.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917308)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 18th, 2017 @ 11:30am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Hm odd. I asked friends if they've had any Bee trouble and they've said none. Dunno if common problem or just one of those things (like how TFWiki lists issues with certain parts on Sqweeks and Berserker popping off easily like it's just fact when those parts don't come off easy on my figures at all)

Though Masterpiece line isn't exactly known for being free of flaws anyways.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917336)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on October 18th, 2017 @ 12:56pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Though Masterpiece line isn't exactly known for being free of flaws anyways.

MPM Bee does have those problems, but those are also the only real problems I have with the figure. He's awesome! ;)^

But back to Barricade, I was thinking the other day that he'll probably come with Frenzy, and if that's the case, do you think Frenzy will be able to transform or will he be like the HA version?
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917376)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 18th, 2017 @ 2:26pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Though Masterpiece line isn't exactly known for being free of flaws anyways.

also, the pricesame for the mpm line are close to stupid high. Any flaws, even minor, are not acceptable.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917390)
Posted by dragons on October 18th, 2017 @ 2:42pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Insurgent wrote:Are his arms that long on screen?

Yeah, they were super long.

and combiner wars combiners figures arms are long as well with short stumpy legs,.

nice looking figure glad to see new figure in movie master pice series hopefully megatrong will surface maybe dark of the moon megatron, last knight, or first movie megatron if possible
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917415)
Posted by Emerje on October 18th, 2017 @ 5:03pm CDT

Says right on the image "Flat Black (TF BK2) Placement" and if you look at the color guide below it all of the "TF BK2" markers point to the same spots that were highlighted. Basically it's all the vents and other parts that wouldn't be waxed on a car normally so they'll be a flat black instead. I don't see anything that indicates die cast immediately, I think this is just detail paint apps rather than paint coating large die cast surfaces. I think the chest/front of the car may be die cast since it indicates the headlights being painted on top of black paint and there's no reason to paint a large surface black on this figure unless it's die cast.

Emerje
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917418)
Posted by Insurgent on October 18th, 2017 @ 6:08pm CDT
Huh. I knew he had long arms just not down to his knees. I'm not complaining, jus didn't realise they were THAT long.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917434)
Posted by Etseterrestrial on October 18th, 2017 @ 7:37pm CDT
Like Spongebob once said when he was stuck in Sandy's treedome without a helmet and had a vase of water plopped in front of him: "II NEEED IIT!!!" =P~
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade (1917454)
Posted by william-james88 on October 18th, 2017 @ 9:29pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Though Masterpiece line isn't exactly known for being free of flaws anyways.

I personally dont find the prices that bad. They are priced similarly to the MP Seekers right? Less than the Takara SRP on seekers for sure. And I think you get a lot of bang for you buck by comparison. MP Primal was an 85$ toy, Bee seems to be around that ballpark in parts count, no? They are a way better deal than MP Inferno, and if you look at MP 10 being retailed at 160 with the trailer, MPM 4 Prime just being the truck cab at 100$ feels right on the nose. I didnt expect that much more than this looking at their prices, though of course i would have wished for more. In the end, I would have liked to have more paint and less QC problems as much as anyone, but I didnt find the prices unfair compared to how stupidly priced all high end TF collectables are these days. I mean think about it, we are getting an MPM Prime for basically the same price some people are paying for a redeco/retool of TR Sixshot its not terrible value.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers 1 Step High Octane Bumblebee Age of Extinction AOE Rare New NIP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE One-Step - Bumblebee High Octane *MOSC*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  The Movie Iron Hide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee: A New Car for Charlie (Passport to Reading Level 2)" on EBAY
Buy "IN HAND NEW! Transformers G1 Minibot Swerve 2018 Walmart Reissue IN USA!" on EBAY
Buy "IN HAND NEW! Transformers G1 Minibot Tailgate 2018 Walmart Reissue IN USA!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Shadow Striker Ultra Series Wave 1 Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Cyberverse (Ultra Class) - Shadow Striker" on EBAY