Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed

Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed

Sunday, April 2nd, 2017 7:42pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,518

A new product description has popped up online describing a new series of Rubik's cube-type toys from Hasbro Gaming called Rubik's Crew. These are collectable puzzleheads and these big removable heads are the puzzle, perched on a small body. So far the one they revealed is Optimus Prime and the MSRP is $12.99 USD. The code is C2096 and the game is for 1 player (if anyone had any doubts).

The following is the product description:

Big head. Big Challenge. With the Rubik’s Crew Puzzlehead, players can solve the puzzle that is shaped like one of their favorite Transformers characters. Twist the pieces and solve the Puzzlehead designed like the face of Optimus Prime. Once completed, place the collectible Puzzlehead on the included display stand body.

Transformers News: Optimus Rubik's Cube Revealed

Credit(s): http://www.ntf-archive.de

Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1871272)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 3rd, 2017 @ 3:41am CDT
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1871276)
Posted by BumbleDouche on April 3rd, 2017 @ 5:20am CDT
WreckerJack wrote:I can solve a regular Rubix cube but I can't tell how this is supposed to work. I can see a seam but that doesn't tell me anything as far as to how this should work. I would guess there is a rubix cube inside his head but the details make it sound like his head itself is a slide puzzle. :-?

I agree, it sounds like his head should be the puzzle but I don't see how it could possibly have as many variables as a normal Rubik's Cube, especially considering there don't appear to be enough seams/divisions. I get the feeling it's just an ordinary Rubik's Cube inside an Optimus-shaped head... A fancy "display stand" that justifies Hasbro charging more for it than an ordinary Rubik's Cube?
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1871277)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 3rd, 2017 @ 6:01am CDT
BumbleDouche wrote:

I don't think it's that because they say the puzzle is shaped like Optimus' head. Now that I think about it it would have to be because if the head was merely a container how would you show off that you solved the rubix? Then again it could be something to hide a rubix cube you can't solve inside to prevent frustration :lol:

I also thought about being like a 2x2 but it does not have enough seams from what I am able to see. Maybe his helmet line is hiding a seam?

Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1871279)
Posted by Va'al on April 3rd, 2017 @ 6:08am CDT
We sure it's a not a cube being held inside the helmet?
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1871280)
Posted by william-james88 on April 3rd, 2017 @ 6:26am CDT
Va'al wrote:We sure it's a not a cube being held inside the helmet?

Description says the puzzle is designed as optimus' head.
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1871281)
Posted by MCutter on April 3rd, 2017 @ 6:38am CDT
I think the 2x2 cube theory is right. If you look just above his "ears" there is a seam that appears to carry forward through the helmet and would meet up with the bottom of his visor.
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1871288)
Posted by william-james88 on April 3rd, 2017 @ 8:03am CDT

Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1871303)
Posted by Terrsolpix on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:11am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I have no doubt in my mind its a 2X2 cube, those work best for rubiks puzzled shaped as heads:

Note to self, look at the image a few more time before making an assumption.
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1871308)
Posted by Kyleor on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:15am CDT
I would think the better product would be an Optimus/other Transformer color scheme, regular size, Rubik's Cube.
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1871309)
Posted by william-james88 on April 3rd, 2017 @ 9:19am CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:What is that thing and how do I keep it away from myself? Aside from that nightmare enducing decapitated cranial crusher, the Optimus cube is most likely concealing the seem with his mouthplate, possibly giving a genuine transformation element to him he probably has helmet that makes it look somewhat ok.

Note to self, look at the image a few more time before making an assumption.

Those star wars puzzles are from an amazing time when little toys and surprises came in cereal boxes.
There was a whole set of them.

Anyways, the seams for the 4X4 puzzle are right down the middle and the seam between his face and his helmet, making it look natural. You can see that horizontal seam better by looking at the sides where his helmet is split.
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1876904)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on April 24th, 2017 @ 2:54pm CDT
Ha! Now I kinda want this.
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1877184)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2017 @ 2:06pm CDT
It wasn't too clear what the recently revealed Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube entailed. Was it a Rubik's Cube inside Optimus' head, or was Optimus the Rubik's Cube itself? Well now we know. The new images on Hasbrotoyshop show that it is a 2X2 Rubik's cube that has the shape of Optimus' head and is removed from a display stand body. The MSRP is 12.99 and the product descrption is below.

Product description:

Big head. Big Challenge. With the Rubik's Crew Puzzlehead, players can solve the puzzle that is shaped like one of their favorite Transformers characters. Twist the pieces and solve the Puzzlehead designed like the face of Optimus Prime. Once completed, place the collectible Puzzlehead on the included display stand body.

Includes Rubik's Crew Optimus Prime 2x2 Puzzlehead with display stand body, and instructions.

• Challenges kids to solve the puzzle
• Designed as Transformers Optimus Prime character
• Collectible Puzzlehead
• Includes display stand body

• Ages 8 and up
• For 1 player

Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1877196)
Posted by kurthy on April 25th, 2017 @ 2:31pm CDT
NEED!!! NEED!!! NEED!!!
:KREMZEEK: :x
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1877200)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on April 25th, 2017 @ 2:33pm CDT
...dangit, I want this so badly! I love dumb desk toys like this.
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1877204)
Posted by Va'al on April 25th, 2017 @ 2:45pm CDT
Mystery solved! :D
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1877215)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2017 @ 3:24pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Mystery solved! :D

I was thinking of you the entire time as I was newsing it :)
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1877218)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 25th, 2017 @ 3:30pm CDT
only 13 bucks. this could be a hot thing
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1877225)
Posted by Va'al on April 25th, 2017 @ 3:37pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Va'al wrote:Mystery solved! :D

I was thinking of you the entire time as I was newsing it :)

Oh, just like me in the shower.
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1877241)
Posted by Kyleor on April 25th, 2017 @ 4:07pm CDT
I think they meant "Big head. No Challenge."
Re: Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube Revealed (1877243)
Posted by Torneira on April 25th, 2017 @ 4:11pm CDT
If this ain't a 'Headmaster', I don't know what is lol.