PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage

PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage

Friday, September 30th, 2011 11:07am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 43,819

Third-party toy makers PerfectEffect have updated their blog with more information regarding their upcoming PE-12. As many have speculated the figure is confirmed to be an Arcee homage figure titled PE-DX01 RC. They have also posted new CG renders revealing the figure's color scheme. Images from their blog mirrored below.

Credit(s): TheCrookedMan, PerfectEffect

This article was last modified on Friday, September 30th, 2011 11:11am CDT

Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1294992)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 30th, 2011 @ 11:18am CDT
Wow, it does look really good in the pink color. Bracing my wallet for some repaints as well... I'm wagering teal-green, blue, red, white, black, and junkeon brown/orange. :-?
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1294994)
Posted by KnightStrike on September 30th, 2011 @ 11:19am CDT
Okay, I'm man enough to admit that I may, just may, have just squealed with glee. A bit. Seriously though, I dig the coloring on the this and its now a must have for me.
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1294997)
Posted by insanityzmaster on September 30th, 2011 @ 11:27am CDT
Is it just me or do all of the Autobots suddenly seem to be not only expert marksmen with giant sniper rifles but also dual pistol wielding fighters. I am all about the big sniper guns but really if that was the case the war would have ended a looooooooong time ago.
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1294998)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 30th, 2011 @ 11:37am CDT
While it's nice, I already have two 3rd party Arcees. Don't know if I can justify plunking down 100 bucks for another.

Wish Hasbro would get off their duffs and make a proper one.
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295002)
Posted by NamelessOne on September 30th, 2011 @ 11:46am CDT
Hmmm, have mixed feelings about this:

Have Delicate Warrior, and it's a lock for G1/Classics Arcee (as well as transforming to the 'era-correct' hovercar thingy....)

Want this, as it's a 'new' take on Arcee - great update of the CHUG aesthetic, with a nod to the cycle alt-mode....

But, as shown with Transformers Prime Arcee, does a 21st Century female-gendered TF (if there is such a thing really 8-} ) HAVE to be girlie pink?

I actually like the colouration of TFP Arcee and ROTF Chromia better - why not blue.? Hoping for a near-release repaint offering, tbh, as I will get this, but would prefer it in blue (as I suspect Arcee will be portrayed as a neutral blue more often (her 'gender' not being an issue anymore)
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295004)
Posted by gothsaurus on September 30th, 2011 @ 11:52am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Wish Hasbro would get off their duffs and make a proper one.

For real! It's only been about 20 years. They could make one in a mainstream color... then put the cartoon accurate pink one in a box set with a couple other recolor bots, sent to a retailer exclusive. :-B
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295005)
Posted by zodconvoy on September 30th, 2011 @ 11:54am CDT
I already have an Arcee so I don't care what it's supposed to be. I'm using it as Nancy, the female Junkion.
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295010)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on September 30th, 2011 @ 12:11pm CDT
I like the rendering with the color.. Very nice.
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295017)
Posted by LiKwid on September 30th, 2011 @ 12:31pm CDT
Dig the color except on the rifile..Lose that and were good :)
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295021)
Posted by Flux Convoy on September 30th, 2011 @ 12:43pm CDT
Wow, I'm in the minority it seems. The color just ruins it for me. I'm likely waiting for a repaint unless that pink is toned down a bit. The figure still looks great but that colors blows it.
:BOT:
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295023)
Posted by Decepticharger on September 30th, 2011 @ 12:46pm CDT
I like it, nice job PE! :APPLAUSE:
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295025)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 30th, 2011 @ 12:50pm CDT
Not much ground clearance in alt mode. She'd better not try to drive over any speed bumps!
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295026)
Posted by rpetras on September 30th, 2011 @ 12:52pm CDT
I'm getting to like this more and more, but not as Arcee.

I like both fembots and Bike-bots, so this is a lock for me, and I' can see a legion of repaints/remolds on this too.

As long as the price is pretty reasonable (less than $50), I'm in.
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295031)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 30th, 2011 @ 1:08pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Come on Cykill...

Cykill? Really?
show me were you see Cykill
because i dont see it and i
know what Cykill looks like
that to me is not Cykill
to me it looks like a cyclone from robotech
with an Arcee robot mode
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295035)
Posted by Random on September 30th, 2011 @ 1:15pm CDT
Oh, heck yeah! Got this preordered already.

I mean, it's already been done.

In my mind.

Cuz I can't find anywhere to preorder it yet.

But it's gonna happen.
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295037)
Posted by Ultra Markus on September 30th, 2011 @ 1:20pm CDT
these two do not look alike
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295043)
Posted by Astronopolis on September 30th, 2011 @ 1:31pm CDT
i like everything except for the red accents. maybe a light blue or a pale green would look good instead?
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295044)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 30th, 2011 @ 1:33pm CDT

I could see if all the female TF's were pink, but as far as I know, only two of them are, with the rest a multitude of colors (blue seems to be the majority winner with Chromia, Moonracer, and two versions of Arcee) It's also not like there weren't other TF that were pink, especially as the line sailed into G2.
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295063)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on September 30th, 2011 @ 3:00pm CDT
I dont have Arcee in any shape or form so this will do fine, she fits in nice with the churg/cybertronian look very well.

The rifle looks just as good as she does, cant wait to the finished product.
Re: PE-DX01 RC Confirmed as Arcee Homage (1295069)
Posted by NamelessOne on September 30th, 2011 @ 3:13pm CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:I'll ask because it's sort of a curiousity for some time now but what's with all the hate for her color?

For me, it seems just a bit outdated for a feminine character. I have no problem with the older iterations using the pink, sometimes as a jump-off point (Binaltech), or as a deeper colour (Animated), or as an identifier (of the ROTF triplets, Arcee HAD to be pink), but, as a signatory colour for a modern take, feminism in fiction has made great strides since the 80s - compare G1 Arcee with TFP Arcee - just my opinion though.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "The Transformers G1 Poster Soundwave VS Blaster Art Print Rare Tim Doyle mondo" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TENTAKIL TT-GS08 Piranacon Seacons in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects OVERBITE TT-GS07 Piranacon Seacons in USA G1" on EBAY