Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set!

Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set!

Monday, December 29th, 2008 2:22pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 44,114

A friend has contacted Reprolabels.com asking if they would consider making an upgrade set for the Fan's Project Citycommander armour upgrade for Classics Ultra Magnus. He has given us the exclusive scoop on their reply!

From: Goribus [mailto:Gor's email]
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 2:58 PM
To: Info@reprolabels.com
Subject: Request/Suggestion

Hello,

I just placed an order with you and then I looked up at my Classics Ultra Magnus in the City Commander armor. Have you given thought to a decal set for that? The figure looks awesome in the upgrade set and all but the stickers they give you are just for the rotating license plate. If it had proper decals it would be amazing.

RE: Request/Suggestion
Sunday, December 28, 2008 5:44 PM
From:
"Jessica Black"
View contact details
To:
Goribus' email

We already thought about it… check out our next release.

Thanks,

Jessica

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Goribus Jessica_Black

Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (857884)
Posted by Archatron on December 29th, 2008 @ 2:25pm CST
:APPLAUSE:
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (857886)
Posted by Technically weird on December 29th, 2008 @ 2:26pm CST
If only I had an Ultra Magnus to get a set of CC armor to put reprolabels on it. I hate being a newly found collector (1 year).
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (857889)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 29th, 2008 @ 2:29pm CST
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (857935)
Posted by Hard Hacker on December 29th, 2008 @ 3:29pm CST
I've got a bad feeling about this. Why ruin something perfect?
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (857938)
Posted by Sledge on December 29th, 2008 @ 3:33pm CST
I'm torn between answering with "they're not" and "because you touch yourself at night."

Be interested to see what they come up with, and if they do something for Shadow Commander as well.
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (857945)
Posted by Loki God Of Mischief on December 29th, 2008 @ 3:39pm CST
Wow! That's awesome news! I can't wait to see what they whip together for the City Commander set. I've got labels from them before and they're pretty good quality on the reproductions. And the other original set I have (for the Beast Wars 2 Seacons) is superb. I can feel it's going to be an Epic Win.
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (858018)
Posted by dragons on December 29th, 2008 @ 5:25pm CST
you got to be kidding what is there to do with a perfect set like this except get missle laucnhers for shoulders other than that it would be perfect.

im not one to talk with hasbro version of ironhide, cyclonus but city commander set is perfect almost to perfect what can they do to it how can they improve on it.

would eb intersting to se what they get from it but for me i wont be getting the set if its made i had to pay 3 or 4 times the amount on ebay for the set with prime & magnus uncluded.
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (858127)
Posted by REMINATOR on December 29th, 2008 @ 8:06pm CST
I don't know what Reprolables.com would do to upgrade the set. CC from colors to design scheme already have the UM look. The only major sticker that CC is lacking is the medium Autobot logo on the right shoulder and the two large Autobot logos on the side of the truck. These 3 stickers, I already got from Reprolabels. I'm eager to see what will they come up.
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (858169)
Posted by Narc on December 29th, 2008 @ 9:53pm CST
I hope they do gun details, kill score markers, an autobot symbol, and some detailing.
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (858262)
Posted by mattyc1007 on December 30th, 2008 @ 2:41am CST
wired i was on their site yesterday and i do that once in million years. maybe nah
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (858268)
Posted by Barrelass on December 30th, 2008 @ 3:02am CST
Sorry to change the topic a bit, but how bad are the Commemorative Reissue Magnus issues with it. I hear that they are quite big, and don't want to open my Commem Magnus if the launchers arn't gonna look good on City Commander. Thanks in advance.
Re: Reprolabels to produce Citycommander upgrade set! (858276)
Posted by lkavadas on December 30th, 2008 @ 4:47am CST
DevastaTTor wrote:That's interesting. Can't wait to see what they've thought up. However, a set of affordable side cannons would really complete his look for me. I'm pretty content with him as is.

E-mail darkov35@hughes.net from TFW2005.com. I just ordered, literally ten minutes ago mind you, two UM missile launchers and two missiles. They're brand new as he reproduces them himself, fully functional (i.e. they shoot missiles), and the whole shibang with shipping was $22.00.

My other alternative was buying some really old and yellowed ones off e-bay but luckily a link for the amazing Defensor custom by Rumble_Frenzy (or is it Frenzy_Rumble?) brought me to that site (I usually stick to here) and after poking around for Ultra Magnus stuff on that forum I found the link to Darkov's repro thread.

Well worth it IMO and much cheaper than buying them off ebay, at least compared to what is up for auction right now, plus they're brand new.

Oh, and back on topic. There are images of the decal set on the TFW2005 boards to CCUM as mentioned in the OP. At least I think. They might be unrelated but I doubt it... searching for it now but I can't seem to find it but I just saw it yesterday. I'll edit in the link if I stumble across it.

Edit: Found the thread. Here ya go.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY