Wednesday, July 19th, 2017 10:51pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 13,747

It begins. Directly from the floor at San Diego Comic Con 2017, site owner Seibertron is providing us images of the display area at the Hasbro booth - featuring so far some older reveals from existing toylines. In this post, we cover Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee!

These are only the initial images, of course, expect the full Seibertron.com treatment as the event continues across the weekend, with more toy images, the Hasbro Breakfast Press event Thursday morning, panel coverage on Friday and Saturday, and follow-ups with official images and more!

Transformers News: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC

Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1898163)
Posted by whip_it on July 20th, 2017 @ 6:34pm CDT
available in canada toys r us

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... =134592016

about 70 left, i just checked
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1901881)
Posted by Va'al on August 4th, 2017 @ 8:17am CDT
As we're receiving several notifications from US-based Seibertronians of the Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee, we decided to make sure people were aware that the figure is indeed available at general retail in the States - at Toys'R'Us stores, of course.

Current confirmed sightings include Westland, MI (via Cprime18), Rockford, IL (from Rodimus Knight), Niles, IL (by our boss Seibertron). If you come across any more, make sure to use the Sightings Database to let other collectors know!

Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1901886)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on August 4th, 2017 @ 8:24am CDT
Prime has been sighted as well
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902067)
Posted by Relic0037 on August 4th, 2017 @ 5:29pm CDT
Found him at my TRU. MP-10 was there too. I find it interesting to see :TAKARATOMY: on a box in a retail store. It's something I don't see that often.
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902111)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on August 4th, 2017 @ 8:47pm CDT
Hes hit az also!!
One left at the toysrus in goodyear
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902126)
Posted by shajaki on August 4th, 2017 @ 9:23pm CDT
I have a question, and Will you're probably the one the most in the know...

I've got two MPM-3's. One bought from eBay hailing from China (I think), the other locally from TRU. Both are quite similar, but with slight differences. Would you consider the TRU one to be Hasbro US/CA, and the other one to be Hasbro Asia? (pics at bottom of post)

The TakaraTomy releases of these new MPM's are very confusing. Neither TT versions are out yet I think. Bee is showing a release date of this month, and Prime being in September. And we don't know what their boxes look like for sure, whether they'll be the same as the others or completely different. We know the figures themselves will be different, but not the boxes.... right? :-?

And yes, I've seen this pic, but I don't believe it's anything more than a mock up, possibly even unofficial.

Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902141)
Posted by User897 on August 4th, 2017 @ 10:04pm CDT
After I see some reviews, I might get this on clearance someday. Definitely not worth full retail.
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902159)
Posted by william-james88 on August 4th, 2017 @ 10:47pm CDT
Yes, by definition, if that one comes from Hong Kong, then it must be from Hasbro Asia since they are the ones distributing it there (if it was mainline China, that would be Hasbro China, which is a different entity).

However, as you mention, it is currently impossible to know if the Hasbro Asia one will be any different from the Takara one since Hasbro Asia has a knack for distributing Takara's same product in Asia. The box will surely be different though, if at least in terms of there needing to be Japanese writing ;) but your right we cant be sure beyond that.

Does that help at all?
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902173)
Posted by transformers_va on August 4th, 2017 @ 11:16pm CDT
I'm not sure why there seems to be a lot negativity surrounding MPM-3 Bumbleebee. I just got him today, and in my opinion he is 1000% better than MPM-4 Optimus Prime. His robot and car modes both look really good, and the transformation is fairly good with all the tabs snapping together beautifully.

If you have to decide between MPM-3 and MPM-4, my suggestion would be to go with MPM-3 (and I'm not even particularly fond of Camaro Bumbleebee in the first place lol)
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902179)
Posted by Emerje on August 4th, 2017 @ 11:48pm CDT
shajaki wrote:Neither TT versions are out yet I think. Bee is showing a release date of this month, and Prime being in September.

Bee came out on July 13th, I've had mine for about a week now. Right now he's figure of the year for me, he's phenomenal.

Prime will probably be out 9/14.

Emerje
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902185)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on August 5th, 2017 @ 12:20am CDT
Takara bee is out. Box differences are added Japanese writing

Fig difference are the eyes
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902201)
Posted by Emerje on August 5th, 2017 @ 3:43am CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:Takara bee is out. Box differences are added Japanese writing

Fig difference are the eyes

Apparently the Hasbro version doesn't have any of the yellow paint over some of the yellow parts.

Normally I hate light pipping, but this is a rare case of it being done super well. There isn't much of an inlet on the back of his head, but it lights his eyes up nice and bright like on MP Shockwave. I only wish the eyes were more blue rather than slightly tinted.

Emerje
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902247)
Posted by shajaki on August 5th, 2017 @ 10:46am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Does that help at all?
Yes it does, thanks Will ;)^

Emerje wrote:
Sorry, just to be clear, you have the Japanese TT release of MPM-3? Would you be willing to take some pics of the box? Front back and bottom? I'd really appreciate it :)
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902248)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on August 5th, 2017 @ 10:47am CDT
I think I prefer the eyes on the hasbro version better.
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902288)
Posted by RodimalToyota on August 5th, 2017 @ 2:16pm CDT
Found MP3 Bee in Arizona, also saw MP Optimus. Got 40% thanks to the current promotion, 220$ for both, not bad.
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902292)
Posted by Emerje on August 5th, 2017 @ 2:24pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Emerje wrote:

Appreciate away!

IMG_4196.JPG

IMG_4194.JPG

IMG_4198.JPG

I should point out that there aren't any stickers on the box and Bee's name is written in Japanese on the front so this isn't a case of them using the Asia box and covering stuff with stickers like we've seen them do in other movie lines.

Emerje
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902465)
Posted by shajaki on August 6th, 2017 @ 7:17pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Appreciate away!

Awesome! Thanks a bunch Emeje ;)^

This makes me very happy. It's different enough to easily distinguish between the rest. I was worried bout hunting him out, but this helps a lot :D
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1902497)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on August 7th, 2017 @ 1:28am CDT
Finally managed to track a Bee down yesterday! I had to drive for almost an hour to pick him up since there was only one Toys R Us anywhere near me that got him (and mine was the last one), but it was completely worth it. I didn't end up with any quality control issues, and he's absolutely fantastic outside of one of the flaps on his collarbone having a worryingly tight ball joint. He's a great figure though, and I hope the quality issues aren't widespread. I'm excited to pick up Optimus next!
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1904696)
Posted by william-james88 on August 16th, 2017 @ 12:33pm CDT
I finally tried converting him back into a car for the first time. And I went without instructions. Most of it was straightforward except for the feet. It took a while for me to figure out how it was supposed to look based on what the joints and hinges allowed me to do and I had totally forgotten how it looked like the first time I went form car to bot.

But I figured it out and I have now transformed him a few more times and its great. No frustration and nothing annoying about it and everything fits properly. It all tabs in well so I dont have any of the problems in that regard. The only thing I would have liked was them to get the alt mode right and have that extra hood exhaust. I am also not sure if this yellow is correct, but the film was all colour filtered so its not easy to replicate.
Re: SDCC 2017 Preview Night: Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-3 Bumblebee #HasbroSDCC (1904862)
Posted by shajaki on August 17th, 2017 @ 8:28am CDT
Good to hear Will! Glad you didn't didnt get one of the early nightmarish ones we saw on Youtube.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters cyberverse Predaking" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary SANDSTORM Voyager NEW" on EBAY