Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled

Transformers News: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled

Friday, July 1st, 2011 12:00am CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,173

A bit of unfortunate news for those of you who pre-ordered Shout! Factory's The Transformers Japanese Collection box set, it's been delayed for for 8 to 10 weeks. However, it appears the delay is to ensure a quality end product. Shout! Factory sent out the following e-mail to customers who had pre-ordered the set:

Dear Shout! Factory Customer & Transformers Fan,

We are sorry to report that we have had a production delay in bringing you The Transformers Japanese Collection box set. We anticipate an 8-10 week wait as we strive to bring you the best-quality product possible. Because of the delay, we will need to cancel the preorders currently in our system. However, you will be among the first to know when we have a new date scheduled to ship the DVD set. We will email you notification of a new date and ability to preorder the product in the next few weeks. At that time, you will need to come back to our site and place your order again. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you need additional information, please visit this FAQ.

Thanks,

Melissa Boag
VP, Marketing

They also posted the following information regarding the delay on their website:

We are sorry to report that we have had a production delay in bringing you The Transformers Japanese Collection box set. We anticipate an 8–10 week wait as we strive to bring you the best-quality product possible.

Please check back on our site in the coming weeks to find a new pre-order page. We apologize for the inconvenience.

FAQ:

Why is my order delayed?

Shout! Factory has encountered an unavoidable production delay. As we know, Transformers fans demand and deserve the best-quality product, and we are striving to hit the mark.

Will the release still be subtitled?

Yes, the audio will be in Japanese with English subtitles.

Are the bonus features changing?

No, art galleries will still be intact when the box set ships.

Is the price changing?

No, the suggested retail price will still remain $99.99, and we will post it for sale with a 10% discount that will be active throughout the preorder period.

Will you still be offering the limited-edition lithograph as a gift-with-purchase? Am I guaranteed one?

Yes, we will be offering the lithograph. When we repost this product for preorder, we will first notify everyone on the original list of preorders via email that it is available. As long as you place your order soon after you get that notice, you will automatically get the lithograph. It is our desire that each and every person who had placed an original order and who orders again when the product becomes available receives a lithograph. If you encounter any problems, please contact info@shoutfactory.com.

How long do I have to wait?

We are expecting an 8–10 week delay but are not currently comfortable setting an exact date. For that reason, we do have to cancel orders. However, once we are certain about our new ship date we will again post this title for preorder, and customers who had previously placed an order will be notified first.

Credit(s): F Prime, 80sGeek

This article was last modified on Friday, July 1st, 2011 1:09am CDT

Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1250366)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 1st, 2011 @ 12:02am CDT
An email is going out to those who have pre-ordered the Japanese Collection box set from Shout! Factory. There is an 8-10 week delay and all pre-orders have been cancelled. When new pre-orders are available you will need to pre-order again.

Dear Shout! Factory Customer & Transformers Fan,

Thanks,

Melissa Boag
VP, Marketing
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1250372)
Posted by Blackstreak on July 1st, 2011 @ 12:12am CDT
I don't understand why they would cancel the pre-orders. Just let them stand, I'm sure those who did pre-order can wait for the better product to be released later.
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1250377)
Posted by IAmThePeej on July 1st, 2011 @ 12:17am CDT
Damn, I was just about to pre-order it too. Here's hoping that when I can pre-order it, I'll get the lithograph too.
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1250500)
Posted by Primeultimus on July 1st, 2011 @ 7:32am CDT
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1250505)
Posted by rpetras on July 1st, 2011 @ 8:02am CDT
That makes no sense at all.

If there is a delay, fine, so be it, but there is no reason to cancel the preorders.

I've had stuff on preorder at BBTS, for example, with the arrive by date slipping each month for years before it finally got shipped.
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1250510)
Posted by Requiem Prime on July 1st, 2011 @ 8:07am CDT
Primeultimus wrote:Does this have anything to do with the Headmasters dvd that comes out next week?

Probably. They've "run into a delay" that will leave their far weaker partial collection the only option for a while.
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1250843)
Posted by Autobot Strider on July 1st, 2011 @ 6:25pm CDT
Requiem Prime wrote:

Hmmm... I was going to pick up the Headmasters all by itself, since I guess I was living under a rock and didn't hear about this set. I guess I should look into what it will contain first, since it will likely be cheaper than buying all the Japanese seasons seperately, as I did with the G1 American releases, instead of buying the Matrix set.

That being said, have they announced any extras that will be included in the set? I'm still pissed that I missed out on having a Decepticon magnet... :-x
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1250961)
Posted by OhioBot on July 1st, 2011 @ 10:27pm CDT
So if its been canceled why did they charge my credit card $98 on 6/29?
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1251078)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 2nd, 2011 @ 4:44am CDT
I hope this is indeed just a delay, I really want this set since I've never watched these series.
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1251750)
Posted by Skyfire77 on July 3rd, 2011 @ 9:46am CDT
Requiem Prime wrote:

FWIW, I ordered The Headmasters off Amazon, and it shipped on Saturday.
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1254940)
Posted by captain craig on July 8th, 2011 @ 10:18am CDT
I ordered a set for a buddy and I and told him on Tuesday our order had shipped.
He told me had read the set had been delayed. I wasn't aware of this news.
I talked to him this morning and he confirmed with another mutual friend in PA that he had read about the delay also. I was so out of the loop.
However, while talking to him looked up on Amazon and the USPS tracking indicates it's arrived at my city hub. I'm very likely to have it this afternoon.

Should there be a concern I'm getting a flawed product? I'm indifferent on the lithograph I just want my discs to play without any problem.

Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1255006)
Posted by F Prime on July 8th, 2011 @ 11:46am CDT
captain craig wrote:Or is Jap Box Collection different than Headmasters? Collection of ALL the Jap TF toons vs just one individual set aka Headmasters.

Yup, this box set is different. The Japanese Collection Box Set has Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory.
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1255325)
Posted by Autobot Strider on July 8th, 2011 @ 10:08pm CDT
I ordered the Headmasters through HMV, which was supposed to be here on Tuesday, but it's back-ordered. Anyone else have a similar delay?
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1255370)
Posted by captain craig on July 9th, 2011 @ 12:24am CDT
F Prime wrote:

I guess then I missed the news there was this Box Collection of all 3 Japanese series.
I could've sworn that the Headmasters was meant to act as a test balloon for the Region 1 market to see if demand was there before pushing forward with Masterforce and Victory.

If I had come across the Box Collection I would've just ordered that even now knowing the delay.
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1255509)
Posted by F Prime on July 9th, 2011 @ 9:52am CDT
captain craig wrote:I assume the dubs on those are going to be the plain variety as well that many hoped wouldn't be on HM.

Actually, there will be no dubs on either, only subs. The quality of the dubs out there now is quite poor and the cost to make better quality dubs was way too high (at least, those are a couple of the reasons...there are others).
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1255510)
Posted by Skyfire77 on July 9th, 2011 @ 9:52am CDT
captain craig wrote:
F Prime wrote:

No dub, subs only.
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1257220)
Posted by cain1k on July 11th, 2011 @ 11:10pm CDT
My only question on the whole thing is going to be if they are going to release the others seperately just like they are Headmasters. because then I'd purchase Headmasters now and wait for the others since I can get them cheaper at a store I have friends at except they didn't have sets minus G1.

I am kind of sad they didn't get funds to redub it, but then again attempting to get decent voices for it now when it is years later and some of them don't sound the same anymore. Not to mention how destroyed Dragonball Z sounds updated with new voices in Kai. So more than willing to watch dubbed.
Re: Shout! Factory's Japanese Collection Box Set Delayed; Pre-orders Cancelled (1290244)
Posted by F Prime on September 16th, 2011 @ 3:24pm CDT
Has there been any updated information on the Complete Collection? Shout! said they would send an email to those who had pre-ordered the collection, but I have not heard anything yet.....

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Laserbeak Titans Return Transformers Legends Class 2016 Soundwave MOSC New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Prowl RID 2001" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Classic Voyager Megatron 2006 COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Bulkhead - NEW MISB - Voyager Robots in Disguise" on EBAY
Buy "Hallmark Ornament 2015 Megatron Transformers" on EBAY
Buy ""Transformers Bumblebee" movie BLITZWING, New" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee vs Major Mayhem Transformers: Robots in Disguise Battle Packs mini-Con" on EBAY