Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer

Transformers News: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer

Wednesday, September 4th, 2019 1:25AM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 17,050

Posted to the official Transformers YouTube and thanks to a head's up from fellow Seibertronians D-Maximal_Primal and Sabrblade we've learned the new trailer for Season 2 of Transformers: Cyberverse: Power of the Spark is now on line! This trailer is jam packed full of details of the upcoming season and filled with new characters to speculate on.

Here's the official synopsis:

"In Season 2 of Transformers Cyberverse the Autobots are closer than ever to finding the Allspark, but completing their quest will be tougher than they could have imagined. They'll face new enemies and be challenged by Earth's roughest terrain, and along the way they'll discover that, when near the Allspark, they are imbued with incredible new powers."

And out of all the quick cut character glimpses in there we have confirmation that the flying creatures are in fact a call back to the classic Transformers Beast Wars character Skyhammer! This comes from a post to Cyberverse story editor Randolph Hurst's Twitter:
"An exciting new #CYBERVERSE Season 2 trailer! Some quick glimpses of stuff we didn't think you would see yet. Who would put Air Hammers into a #TRANSFORMERS animated show? That's just crazy!"

Then thanks to Seibertronian ZeeDust we have word the first six episodes are currently available to at least some of our audiences with access to certain cable TV providers offering On Demand Cartoon Network programming. Check your local provider to see if you can get a peek ahead of the rest of us.

So far the first two episodes can be found on line through the Cartoon Network app with the season set to officially debut September 7th.

Who do you spot in the trailers? Are you Beast Wars fans loving the call back? And was that a Titan in there? Share your thoughts on these episodes in the forum and tell us what you see.

As always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!
Credit(s): D-Maximal_Primal/Sabrblade/Zeedust at Seibertron
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036844)
Posted by Archforce on September 4th, 2019 @ 1:40am CDT
Well, that confirms that Jetfire, Sky-Byte, the Scraplets, and the Sharkticons aren't toy-exclusive characters, which is awesome. Wonder if Gnaw will appear as an individual here?

So, who do we think the giant head is? Also, did I spot a flock (school?) of Air Hammers?
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036849)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on September 4th, 2019 @ 1:54am CDT
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036850)
Posted by Stargrave on September 4th, 2019 @ 1:54am CDT
Indeed! Check the rest of the article text there’s actual confirmation of Airhammers! No for sure yet on the giant noggin’ some people are saying it’s Max while I think it’s Metro.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036851)
Posted by Stargrave on September 4th, 2019 @ 1:58am CDT
Are any Seibertronians out there from the G1 days enjoying the fusion of new and old?

Anyone with kids getting a kick out of the show?
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036852)
Posted by Stargrave on September 4th, 2019 @ 2:02am CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:I gotta say, I really didnt expect Cyberverse to go the Animated route. I expected something super aimed at kids, but wound up with a very competent and compelling story. I'm kinda hoping for a third season depending on how season 2 goes.

It’s such a trip to see Hot Rod just kinda running around with Prowl. What cameos have been some of your favorites so far? I like Slipstream in there I love having a female Seeker it just fits so well. I know a few people were double taking on Rack n’ Ruin.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036853)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on September 4th, 2019 @ 2:23am CDT
Stargrave wrote:

Rack n' Ruin were definitely a nice surprise, as was seeing Deadlock before he became Drift. I really hope there's more cameos planned.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036854)
Posted by Archforce on September 4th, 2019 @ 3:13am CDT
Still proud of myself for recognizing the Air Hammers without reading the quoted tweet. Loving all of the different stuff they're pulling into Cyberverse. We've got Scraplets (Prime design), Lockdown (looks like his RotF toy) and Clobber (modeled after Lugnut), Slipstream (Animated), Air Hammer and Cheetor (Beast Wars), Deadlock/Drift (IDW), Sky-Byte (RiD), etc. It's great to see these characters get more screentime (or if you're Air Hammer, your on-screen debut).
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036862)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 4th, 2019 @ 8:35am CDT
Stargrave wrote:And out of all the quick cut character glimpses in there we have confirmation that the flying creatures are in fact a call back to the classic Transformers Beast Wars character Skyhammer!
*sigh*
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036863)
Posted by Stargrave on September 4th, 2019 @ 8:40am CDT
*Airhammer* don’t sigh yourself unconscious now :lol:
Air, sky, how could I have flipped those terms.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036867)
Posted by Stargrave on September 4th, 2019 @ 8:47am CDT
To think I almost went with Skybanger, glad I went with my better instincts they were much closer :lol:
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036871)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on September 4th, 2019 @ 9:32am CDT
So I'm a fan of Arcee. I liked her in the G1 series, and I liked her in Prime.
They show her in the opening, and had her come out of the arc with the other Autobots, but are they actually going to do anything with her? I didn't even notice her in the trailer
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036916)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on September 4th, 2019 @ 2:13pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:So I'm a fan of Arcee. I liked her in the G1 series, and I liked her in Prime.

There is a voice actor listed for her, so she'll likely get at least one word in. But based off the synopses I've read, she might just be a background character. Hopefully she'll at least be given a one step.

Also, I noticed Laserbeak in the trailer, so we can take him off the list of toy only characters.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036949)
Posted by Archforce on September 4th, 2019 @ 7:59pm CDT
Decepticon Stryker wrote:

I think the only ones left on that list are Blackarachnia, Jazz, Sideswipe, and Silverbolt.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036985)
Posted by o.supreme on September 5th, 2019 @ 9:28am CDT

Literally the last scene of S1 E18 is Prime waking up, and a Decepticon battleship heading towards Earth, and the Autobots charging into battle. The opening scene of S2 E1 is BB having some dodecahedron looking *thingy* and he then realizes he is on the moon in a full blown battle...

Is this jarring incoherent story telling done on purpose, or was I watching heavily edited versions online?
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2036988)
Posted by Stargrave on September 5th, 2019 @ 9:48am CDT
I’m banging my head for the same reasons here. The character reveals really hook me I mean anything TF does but...ah, dang, I don’t think it’s something I can really get into. It feels a lot like the old G.I. Joe comic ads where it’s not just a cartoon commercial for toys but it really is. I know any cartoon is selling something but this is just lacking depth for me. At least enough to stay engaged. Kids probably love it but I think I’m just too grown up for it or some such lame excuse :lol:
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2037066)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on September 5th, 2019 @ 6:03pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:ok, so admittedly I am not a fan of this show. Still I try to show support where I can. I watched all of season 1, though I cant recall most of it. However when I began to watch season 2 I felt like I must have missed a LOT. But I went back and watched the last episode of season 1 again, I wasn't wrong. There seems to be a BIG hole between these two stories.

There was a time jump between seasons one and two. The dodechahedron is the Allspark and that exact scene was in season one.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2037077)
Posted by Burn on September 5th, 2019 @ 6:26pm CDT
The time jump confused the fuck out of me, so like o.supreme I went back and watched the last episode of S1.

It helped a little. But not much.

We've gone from a premise where it was a voiceless Bumblebee suffering memory loss being accompanied by Windblade against a handful of Decepticons, the majority of which are just seeker grunts, to ... a full complement of characters.

And Bumblebee can speak.

Oh and we're back to Starscream trying to overthrow Megatron.

Again.

It was a good dynamic back in the day. But come on, stop rehashing things. They had an original premise with S1 and they've thrown it away to rehash.

Hopefully future episodes are better.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2037081)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on September 5th, 2019 @ 6:52pm CDT
Burn wrote:Oh and we're back to Starscream trying to overthrow Megatron.

Again.

Hopefully future episodes are better.
I gotta agree with you there. I'm okay with Starscream usurping Megatron, but only if it's done in a unique way. I miss the days of Cybertron, where they actually built up Starscream plotting behind Megatron's back as opposed to his G1 self loudly proclaiming to everyone that he'd overthrow Megatron. Animated did a pretty good job with this too, where it decided to have Starscream just start his own micro-faction. Prime had him take command when Megatron was actually down for the count and not just suffering from minor injuries. Hopefully they'll go a unique route with this in future episodes, but it seems unlikely so far.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2037082)
Posted by Burn on September 5th, 2019 @ 6:58pm CDT

This was quite possibly the most violent beating Megatron has ever delivered to Starscream in a TF cartoon that I can recall.

And this is aimed at very young kids ...
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 2 Power of the Spark Official Trailer (2037084)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 5th, 2019 @ 7:00pm CDT
Burn wrote:The other thing with Starscream/Megatron that threw me, was the beating Megatron inflicted on him.

And this is aimed at very young kids ...
There was the time that Megatron (as Galvatron) did just straight up murder Starscream. ;)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON Dark Of The Moon DOTM Cyberverse Commander Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Arcee 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Bulkhead 100% Complete RID Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Commander Guzzle Complete DotM Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Wheeljack 100% Complete Hasbro 2010" on EBAY
Buy "2014 Transformers Generations 30th NIGHTBEAT IDW Comic series MIB" on EBAY
Buy "PLAYSKOOL HEROES TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS "HIGH TIDE" 3 1/2" ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE ENERGON AXE ATTACK OPTIMUS PRIME & FUSION MACE MEGATRON" on EBAY