Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed

Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed

Wednesday, October 20th, 2021 12:01pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 36,708

Courtesy of IGN, we now have reveals for two of the figures that are going to be shown this Friday along with the other wave 1 Transformers Legacy figures. The Bulkhead is giving us an idea that we should not expect toys accurate to the Prime show and this is more of a Generations/G1ified version of the character, as we had seen previously with RTS Lugnut. It is also rumoured that this mold will be used for a voyager Optimus Prime as well.

We also have deluxe Skids. The images are below for you to enjoy.

Transformers News: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed

Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118895)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:08pm CDT
Skids looks fantastic. curious about the energon axe thingy. not really feeling bulkhead. just not round enough imho. as for it being an optimus... Sumo Prime is that you?
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118896)
Posted by SpaceEagle on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:10pm CDT
Wew, that Bulkhead doesn't look bad as a "G1" version.
Might consider what else that mould will offer us, though...

As for the Skids, FINALLY the g o o d Generations Skids I've been asking for. The alt mode is adorably cuboid, much better than the older Generations Skids imo. :D
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118897)
Posted by william-james88 on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:11pm CDT

I also hate the overall look of the robot mode but I can understand the appeal of having G1ified versions of characters from other eras but since I have my own Prime collection, this is not needed. I will say this is making me FUCKING scared about Knockout.

As for Skids, ooof, not great. Reeks of cheap corner cutting. Like that rectangle behind his head. It's not even incorporated into the design, it's just there as a lazy bit. The G1 toy didn't have that. And usually Hasbro is able to hide unflattering gaps in their product shots, but I guess that's not a possible task here.

Won't be getting either of these.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118898)
Posted by frogbat on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:12pm CDT
Skids looks great, thought would be a repaint of the jp jeep.. but this guy looks better.

Blkkhead… an interesting take and he looks pretty good and fun

the prob with bulkhead is that the og prime toy was awesome and really hard to improve on so I see why they went off on a tangent. Reminds me of earlier chug interpretations of g1 figures such as grapple and inferno.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118899)
Posted by Munkky on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:17pm CDT
I see what they were trying to do with Bulkhead; a G1 reimagining with an "original" styled version of his Animated vehicle mode, plus the vehicle mode is invocative of Age of Extinction Hound, who is kind of like an exaggerated Michael Bay version of Prime Bulkhead. But I don't ;ike that box chest, and I probably would've preferred a more show accurate SUV mode. Either way I will still be getting Bulkhead. Skids looks pretty good, a perfectly fine non-IDW G1 Skids, plus I like that blue axe weapon.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118900)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:18pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Honestly, they both look like a pile of ass. So glad I didn't sell my Gen skids yet, man I would have regretted it.

I also hate the overall look of the robot mode but I can understand the appeal of having G1ified versions of characters from other eras but since I have my own Prime collection, this is not needed. I will say this is making me **** scared about Knockout.

Won't be getting either of these.

while I disagree with how skids looks, there is no comparison, the previous generations was leaps and bounds better, and will remain my go to skids on my shelf. this is great news for me, because so far it looks like I can avoid spending more money on toys for a little while :-D

unless I decide I need to build a certain throne from Tripple Takeover, in which case I may need to buy this Skids :twisted:
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118901)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:21pm CDT

Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118902)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:27pm CDT
I love Skids, instant buy for me. Screw the haters.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118903)
Posted by Hokutron on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:27pm CDT
I really wish they had used pins on the hood piece so that you could at least angle those side flaps upward. That way Bulkhead would at least be more recognizable.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118904)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:28pm CDT
I'm gonna get Bulkhead, only because I don't want Hasbro to go "Well, guess they don't like Prime lulz". I'm not happy with how far removed he is, considering the only things that say "I'm Bulkhead" are the head, mace, and green color, but I guess it's better than nothing
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118905)
Posted by Gearslide on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:31pm CDT
Bulkhead looks like someone was making a Bayverse Hound toy, and at the last minute said "Let's make it Bulkhead instead." Bizarre.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118906)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:31pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Let's get to Bulkhead, that figure looks super simple for a voyager and while I can understand the use of fake parts, it looks really bad when you can see his fake wheels right there in truck mode

I think they're supposed to replicate spare tires that military trucks tend to have stored right there
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118907)
Posted by Rysquad on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:32pm CDT
I'm really liking that Bulkhead.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118909)
Posted by william-james88 on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:39pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The article states twice that this is supposed to be Prime Bulkhead. That is not Prime Bulkhead.

Does the article also mention the word "inspire" or something or other? I can't access it due to site restrictions on my laptop. Because if it does, then they are in the clear a bit.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118911)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:43pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

It says that this is "Voyager Prime Universe Bulkhead" and "Bulkhead's design is inspired by The Transformers: Prime series." That's far more explicit that mere deco inspiration.

And it only calls out Skids as being "updated with a Generations-style design," not so for Bulkhead.

The only thing in this design that's inspired by Prime Bulkhead is his robot mode head. Everything else is just "generic green military guy", which Bulkhead's design was so much more than.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118912)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:44pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Hasbro: includes spare tires directly inspired by real-life model
Fandom: fake parts, bad design

Oshkosh FMTV pictured above (per Pinterest)

I would have liked a Prime Bulkhead more than a G1 version, but I already have a Prime Bulkhead, so I'm covered. Undecided on this one.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118913)
Posted by blackeyedprime on October 20th, 2021 @ 12:50pm CDT
Not feeling Bulkhead, vehicle mode seems too squished. seems like it might have a possible animated 'Headmaster' accessory down the line either from them or one of their workers side companies :P Robot mode aslo just doest seem physically imposing enough for bulkhead and just seems awkward proportions more than anything else. Quite a bit of hollows an dthe effort to give him shoulder wheels over WFC red alert baffles me.
Not sure a selects redeco will sway me on this one and cant really see it being good as Optimus either.

Skids...Im guessing like most wfc transformers, G1 remains the true mini MP. Nothing about it seems quality, the axe thing seems so misplaced over a scooter/weapon but glad it comes with mutiple weapons.Then Generations toy might not scream Skids but its a really cool design and toy. I might pick up a selects redeco if its something I dont have already but my moneys going towards the MP over this and I dont get why anyone wouldnt track down the G1 reissue over this.
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118915)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on October 20th, 2021 @ 1:06pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Hasbro: includes spare tires directly inspired by real-life model
Fandom: fake parts, bad design

Oshkosh FMTV pictured above (per Pinterest)

Honestly I wish they had made the vehicle look more like the oshkosh there, would make him looks rounder. The issue for me is bulkheads shape. geewun-ified or not, Bulkhead has always been a big roundish boy with stumpy/stocky build. here he is a big box with long legs. literally reminds me of the time for Halloween where I cut a head hole and arm holes out of a carboard box and wrote robot on the front of it in black marker. It just feels wrong for Bulkhead. Again, sumo prime it kinda works, though still too square
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118916)
Posted by Flashwave on October 20th, 2021 @ 1:06pm CDT
I gotta disagree with the article. RTS Lugnut was not a 1:1 translation of Animated, but he was in the same family. Bomber. Twin engine, glass bubble nose.

Why is this Bulkhead closer to Movie Hound than he is to either of the characters who got named Bulkhead? Its a bit off.

I like it okay, but its not the steroid-Hummer truck mode I was hoping for. I was using Siege Hound as a placeholder though and I am not sure this is actually better than that

Skids looks Straight G1, but I wish he had a bit of body filler like SS86 Jazz got. That spinal column is hollow as heck. Least he doesnt have thr clown shoe feet
Re: Transformers Legacy Bulkhead and Skids Revealed (2118917)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 20th, 2021 @ 1:06pm CDT
Well I never became a fan of Bulkhead in either TFA or TFP so this is an easy pass. And I agree about it being a bayverse Hound toy with a Bulkhead head on it, as if it was a last minute change. Should have stayed a bayverse Bulkhead, and that's what he should have been called in the movies as well.

As for Skids, he seems way simple, but I have yet to have a deluxe Skids in my collection, so if I don't find a suitable alternative, I'll probably pick this up to fill out the roster.

I have to say, this is not a good 1st impression of the Legacy line. If it doesn't improve, I'll be strangely relieved, as I won't have to keep buying TFs. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return MINDWIPE & VORATH Deluxe Headmaster Opened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Decepticon Blitzwing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Legends Class Rumble/Frenzy Incomplete #RIBFIR" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Brainstorm  ----- Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Laserbeak" on EBAY