Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail

Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail

Monday, April 21st, 2014 1:12pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 22,596

Fellow Seibertron.com user robotmel has been on the hunt in the UK, namely in Toys'R'Us, and has come up with some interesting findings concerning Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece figures Prowl and Sunstorm - of which we had heard rumours of future US release. Read on below, and check out the images, for what appears to be a confirmation of that rumour, at least for UK fans!

Popped in to my local Toys R Us and had a word with the very helpful Customer Services assistant about Transformers Masterpieces. I inquired about any that where currently available on their systems, with only Masterpiece Acid Storm floating around, but what really caught my eye further down the list was Masterpiece Prowl and Masterpiece Sunstorm!

The Customer Services assistant checked both items, which unfortunately didnt have a confirmed release date, but each had their own SKN/VNDR reference number and a price against them. Transformers Masterpiece Prowl was priced at £59.99 with a reference number of 958298 and Masterpiece Sunstorm was priced at £69.99 with the reference number 958883.

This is very positive news that both figures will be hitting UK shores in the not too distant future. I have included a photo of both information screens which the Customer Services assistant very kindly let me take.

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail

Credit(s): robotmel, TRU UK

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567126)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2014 @ 1:23pm CDT
I pray Hasbro doesn't botch their decos.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567148)
Posted by mblase75 on April 21st, 2014 @ 1:54pm CDT

(or perhaps I'm still bitter that I could find Acid Storm on the TRU shelves while Soundwave was being snatched up by eBay resellers the second he was put out.)
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567151)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 21st, 2014 @ 1:58pm CDT
Prowl is great, but why Sunstorm? Are all the unsold Acid Storms getting lonely sitting on the shelves and in warehouses, so they decided he needed a friend?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567171)
Posted by megatronus on April 21st, 2014 @ 2:47pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I pray Hasbro doesn't botch their decos.

I'm sure it will be fine. The various tampos on Thundercracker were a bit annoying, but they didn't ruin the figure by any means.

mblase75 wrote:So, no Thrust, Dirge or Ramjet in the pipeline, but an unlimited number of Starscream repaints?

I wouldn't mind a Skywarp before they move on to the Coneheads... he's the last of the original 3 Seekers who needs an MP-11 style redo.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567173)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2014 @ 2:49pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I pray Hasbro doesn't botch their decos.

Rodimus's deco, however...
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567188)
Posted by megatronus on April 21st, 2014 @ 3:38pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I pray Hasbro doesn't botch their decos.

Rodimus's deco, however...

That was a few years back already. We've had OP, TC, SW, & AC since then... I think all of those have been acceptable.

Besides, wasn't Rodimus homaging his action master persona?

At any rate, it's pretty tough to actively screw up a Seeker deco... or is it? :-s
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567192)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2014 @ 3:42pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I pray Hasbro doesn't botch their decos.

Rodimus's deco, however...

Besides, wasn't Rodimus homaging his action master persona?
There was no Action Master Hot Rod/Rodimus.

His deco was homaging his original toy.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567195)
Posted by megatronus on April 21st, 2014 @ 3:47pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I pray Hasbro doesn't botch their decos.

Rodimus's deco, however...

Besides, wasn't Rodimus homaging his action master persona?
There was no Action Master Hot Rod/Rodimus.

His deco was homaging his original toy.

Ah, I see. But if it was homaging the G1 toy, what's your issue with the deco? I'm not super fond of it, either, but Hasbro has been prone to homaging the original toys (a la MP Soundwave).
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567199)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2014 @ 3:54pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I pray Hasbro doesn't botch their decos.

Rodimus's deco, however...

Besides, wasn't Rodimus homaging his action master persona?
There was no Action Master Hot Rod/Rodimus.

His deco was homaging his original toy.

The mold was clearly designed to resemble the cartoon animation model, which was colored quite differently from the toy. Takara MP Rodimus got the right deco befitting the cartoon animation model, while Hasbro's toy-accurate looked way off on a the cartoon-accurately-detailed MP mold.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567206)
Posted by dragons on April 21st, 2014 @ 4:05pm CDT

should have said something to me at that time I would have swiped one up for you if I had known :BOOM:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567213)
Posted by hinomars19 on April 21st, 2014 @ 4:16pm CDT

So, do I go for new characters either Acid Storm or Sunstorm, I do I get Thundercraker regardless of already having Takara's, since he is my favourite seeker?

I really don't know. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567219)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 21st, 2014 @ 4:22pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:I'm really conflicted on the new seekers. I want the MP 11 mold badly, but can't justify actually getting MP 11. Price is too much when I already have MP3 and the 'cartoon' repaint.

I really don't know. :BANG_HEAD:
If you ever decide to get MP11 proper, get the TakaraTomy Asian market reissue. It has small deco differences that slightly improve upon the original release's deco.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567234)
Posted by megatronus on April 21st, 2014 @ 4:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

I really don't know. :BANG_HEAD:

Yea, I sold my original MP-11 release in anticipation of the slightly improved deco. Just so happened that I got SS when he was first released at $160, and was able to sell him for $250. Definitely helped me swallow the $200 reissue price. :D
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567265)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 21st, 2014 @ 6:48pm CDT
If I can't get Starscream (which unfortunately might happen: BotCon is proving too strong to resist), Sunstorm'll quench the thirst...

...until I want it in Starscream colors. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567389)
Posted by Ravage XK on April 22nd, 2014 @ 3:17am CDT
£59.99 for a domestic release of Prowl, bit steep considering how small he is.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567399)
Posted by robotmel on April 22nd, 2014 @ 5:21am CDT
:D
Where a lot of in-the-know fans and collectors have already bought these via import or other such means, making them available via Toys R Us gives the option to purchase, as many do, via a brick and mortar store without the worry or concerns that importing involves.

Do you pay a little more, yes you do; Do you have peace of mind should you need to return or exchange it, yes you do! ;)
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567495)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 22nd, 2014 @ 10:47am CDT
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I pray Hasbro doesn't botch their decos.

Rodimus's deco, however...

Besides, wasn't Rodimus homaging his action master persona?

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567500)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:This is Hasbro we're talking about. They had the faction logos upside down for the first few runs of Generations Dirge before they figured out something didn't quite look right or someone pointed it out to them. :P
It wasn't that the symbols were upside down, it's that that forehead crest of the symbols was mispainted.

Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567615)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2014 @ 5:03pm CDT

Some guy got these from a friend off of Facebook.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm Confirmed at Future UK Retail (1567617)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 22nd, 2014 @ 5:08pm CDT
MP-04? Then Sunstorm must be MP-03. How much do you wanna bet they're be #16 and #17 in the List of 30?

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY