War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend

Transformers News: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend

Friday, July 2nd, 2010 7:30AM CDT

Categories: Event News, Game News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 44,418

According to Seibertron.com members Dragonslayer and DJ Kevintron, there will be bonus "Double XP" awarded for multiplayer matches of War for Cybertron, on the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC versions. This information is available at a Facebook Event as well as inside the game in the multiplayer news ticker.

Facebook Event wrote:We wanted to let you know that the guys at High Moon Studios, award-winning developer of Transformers: War for Cybertron is hosting a double XP multiplayer weekend starting this Friday, July 2nd at 6:00pm PST through Sunday, July 4th. Anyone playing in multiplayer matches on the Xbox 360, PS3 or PC versions of the game will earn double XP rewards and level up faster than ever.
Credit(s): Dragonslayer and DJ Kevintron
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1093269)
Posted by joevill on July 2nd, 2010 @ 8:19am CDT
Botcon caused me not to have time to play the single player campaign!
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1093302)
Posted by Jenus on July 2nd, 2010 @ 10:22am CDT
Damn! Why does this have to happen now I still haven't had the chance to play WFC because of being 1100 miles from and I'll be away from home for yet another week. :BANG_HEAD: :sad:
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1093319)
Posted by NemesisScourge on July 2nd, 2010 @ 10:40am CDT
Despite the obvious host advantage, I'm not sure what all the connection complaints are about.

I'm on the PSN [ of all places ] and it seems to be working fine. And I play a lot. No issues to be had really.
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1093341)
Posted by Blurrz on July 2nd, 2010 @ 11:09am CDT
Hells to the yeah.
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1093891)
Posted by Tresob on July 3rd, 2010 @ 1:26pm CDT
Not to turn this thread into a complaints department, by I've been having some of the same multiplayer trouble that the rest of you all seem to have.

For the PC, it's been a nightmare to connect to any online games today. When I click to join a match, it runs the search for at least five minutes...and often doesn't find anything. A couple of times all of the matches went down to 0 players (I'm assuming they all got booted).

I feel like I am playing "The Transformers: Quest for the Loading Screen."

Last night, I played for two hours with nary a problem. This morning, I barely logged in to two matches...and at one point, I got booted and told I couldn't log back on because the servers were down. My account wasn't even showing up in the menu.
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1093926)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 3rd, 2010 @ 3:31pm CDT
Lag and disconnect x(N).

Get this shit fixed.
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1093949)
Posted by xfadeszz on July 3rd, 2010 @ 5:01pm CDT
Does anybody here have contact info for High Moon? At all?

I've tried their Twitter & the Transformersgame.com email and both are abandoned and do not work. I had a lot of patience in the 1st week because I love the game, but now it's wearing extremely thin.

About to give up if High Moon is so adamant about no one being able to contact or give them feedback. It's impossible to play with these connectivity problems, when on every other game on the market -- it's easy as hell to connect and play.
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1093963)
Posted by joevill on July 3rd, 2010 @ 5:37pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Lag and disconnect x(N).

Get this shit fixed.

It's laggy on XBL too!
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1094052)
Posted by SalvidonBlak on July 4th, 2010 @ 12:20am CDT
hate to say it, but psn is gearing up to start a "premium" subscription network...

pretty sure the only way these problems will be fixed is if you pay to play on that.

and in the mean time all this lag and disconnect is just going to make people want it when its ready.

hope im wrong, but... well ...
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1094061)
Posted by Blurrz on July 4th, 2010 @ 1:15am CDT
Finally my Xbox Live is working again.

Gamertag is Hemskinator ... add me.
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1094199)
Posted by Abraxsis on July 4th, 2010 @ 7:41pm CDT
Been trying to play but it's been extremely laggy. I shoot and two seconds later see the plasma shooting out....Lame. Not to mention the Constant disconnects, or how everyone gets screwed when the host gets disconnected. Major waste of time.

Not too sure about the way they set up the team deathmatch either, level 1's against level 24's? Seems lopsided to me.

Sent an email to them over at High Moon, maybe others should complain too. feedback@transformersgame.com

Aww...crap...yeah that email is non-working as well. Guess they don't want feedback at all.
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1094241)
Posted by xfadeszz on July 5th, 2010 @ 12:57am CDT
High Moon Studios

Emails:
* Career Development: opportunities@highmoonstudios.com
* Webmaster: webmaster@highmoonstudios.com
* General: info@highmoonstudios.com

Phone numbers:
* Main: 760-448-3000
* Fax: 760-448-3500

Address:
6197 El Camino Real
Carlsbad, CA 92009

I've used the webmaster and info email, but haven't seen a reply yet. Dunno if High Moon is ever going to try and communicate with the community.

If they don't though this game is going to be dead fast.
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1094598)
Posted by xfadeszz on July 6th, 2010 @ 4:31am CDT
Over the weekend, ranked my Leader to 25. Now to work on the rest.

What are the rest of you guys at?
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1094637)
Posted by joevill on July 6th, 2010 @ 8:31am CDT
xfadeszz wrote:Over the weekend, ranked my Leader to 25. Now to work on the rest.

What are the rest of you guys at?

NICE! All classes were ranked zero but after this weekend, Scout and Soldier are both 11 and Scientist and Leader are both 5.

I won two matches but the longer I played, the competition either got harder or I started to suck more. :BOOM:
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1094648)
Posted by Naval Strike on July 6th, 2010 @ 8:53am CDT
Didn't have alot of time playing last weekend but my gus went some levels up first time for me for multiplayer.

Scout level 6

Scientist Level 8

Leader Level 2

Soldier level 6
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1094659)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 6th, 2010 @ 9:16am CDT
Damnit! I wish I knew about this sooner! :sad:
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1094719)
Posted by Wigglez on July 6th, 2010 @ 1:32pm CDT
I have all four of my classes leveled up equally. But before the weekend, they were all level eleven. And because of the weekend, I was able to get all four of them to level up to sixteen just this morning.
Re: War for Cybertron: Double XP Weekend (1094733)
Posted by Abraxsis on July 6th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CDT
I gave up yesterday and quit playing. Got my scout to level 10, the rest to 9-ish, but after the constant disconnects, uber lag, and match after match of getting consistently beat down by level 25's (so I'd get really low xp and make no progress xp wise at all) I said screw this and deleted the game from my 360's hard drive. Moved on to Red Dead Redemption instead.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #236 - Tangled Web
"Tangled Web"
Posted: Monday, December 9th, 2019

Buy "Transformers First Edition Optimus Prime Figure Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 HASBRO Transformers GhostBusters Ecto-35 Optimus Prime & Ectotron MisB" on EBAY
Buy "BAIT Transformers Optimus Prime 6" Figure SDCC 2017 - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019 Hasbro: TRANSFORMERS TCG - Blaster vs Soundwave 35th Anniversary, NEW" on EBAY
Buy "2019 SDCC EXCLUSIVE Hasbro Transformers Lancer & Shockwave Enamel Pin Set" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "SDCC 2019! Mondo Tom Whalen TRANSFORMERS Pins Optimus Prime Megatron Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Autobot Ratchet MOSC GREAT XMAS GIFT!" on EBAY