Fan Influences for Transformers Movie Discussed

Discuss anything and everything related to the Transformers Live Action Films franchise, which are directed by Michael Bay. Join us to discuss the movies and stuff up to date with news for the 2017 release of Transformers 5. Check out our Live Action Film section here.

Postby Stormrider » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:25 am

Weapon: Atom-Smasher Cannon
Predaprince wrote:
Raymond T. wrote:
This was all discussed with the fans, long before there was a crew or a script. And all on the DMBoard. Long before people started bad-mouthing Murphy and other people working on the movie, and long before Don Murphy responded to any of that. And long before people took those comments towards those morons and started to believe Murphy's comments were directed towards the fans, which they weren't.


In case you might forget, Don Murphy is the guy who not only banned people from his board because he personally did not like them, but also went onto other peoples' blogs (some of whom were TF fans like us) and personally insulted them and their families when said individuals merely stated that they disagree with the TF movie designs.

There is no excuse for the tenacity and clear lack of respect that Don Murphy has shown.


I would love to have read an article that described everything you just stated in further detail. That would have made an interesting story instead of some of the wet noodles that come out.
Image
Stormrider
Matrix Keeper
Posts: 8618
News Credits: 37
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:24 am
Location: USA

Postby Phategod1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:44 am

As I read this thread, the Benny Hill music is playing in my head.
My gamer tag is PHATEGODPRIME Im too lazy to put the little fancy one here.
Phategod1
Godmaster
Posts: 1599
News Credits: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:01 am

Postby Predaprince » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:22 am

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
stormrider wrote:
Predaprince wrote:
Raymond T. wrote:
This was all discussed with the fans, long before there was a crew or a script. And all on the DMBoard. Long before people started bad-mouthing Murphy and other people working on the movie, and long before Don Murphy responded to any of that. And long before people took those comments towards those morons and started to believe Murphy's comments were directed towards the fans, which they weren't.


In case you might forget, Don Murphy is the guy who not only banned people from his board because he personally did not like them, but also went onto other peoples' blogs (some of whom were TF fans like us) and personally insulted them and their families when said individuals merely stated that they disagree with the TF movie designs.

There is no excuse for the tenacity and clear lack of respect that Don Murphy has shown.


I would love to have read an article that described everything you just stated in further detail. That would have made an interesting story instead of some of the wet noodles that come out.


Yeah, too bad about the forum wipe-out. I wish they were still here so I could go and grab bits and pieces to show my point.
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby dragons » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:48 am

i find it to be half true and half false it depends on who you talk to thats transfomre fan.

i know im off topic but i would like to comment on that spiderman web shooter theroy the movie company ripped of the comicbook if you read spiderman 2099 issues 1, and 2 spiderman uses organinc web fluid as well just like the movie spiderman versuion i think they went into that direction if they homemade web shooters it would look complicated, weird looking and how it be able to fit under his suit in ballte.
dragons
Gestalt
Posts: 2885
News Credits: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:28 pm

Postby Predaprince » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:09 am

Motto: ""Destruction is the fate of all sentient beings.""
Weapon: Sonic Rifle
dragons wrote:i find it to be half true and half false it depends on who you talk to thats transfomre fan.

i know im off topic but i would like to comment on that spiderman web shooter theroy the movie company ripped of the comicbook if you read spiderman 2099 issues 1, and 2 spiderman uses organinc web fluid as well just like the movie spiderman versuion i think they went into that direction if they homemade web shooters it would look complicated, weird looking and how it be able to fit under his suit in ballte.


Imo, the reason why they went with the organic web shooters is because the home-made webbing was always a cartoon-like plot device to explain the villian getting away at the end of one episode so that more episodes can be made without using up too many villians in them.

This, of course, is not needed and, obviously, too cartoony of an item from a cartoon to be in a live-action movie where the villian should only be in one of the films. (ex. in the 90s cartoon "Norman" Green Goblin would come back from "death" about five times and in saga length each time before Harry took over the persona, which doesn't work with movies).
User avatar
Predaprince
God Of Transformers
Posts: 17277
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 7:33 am
Location: Char
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 9
Rank: N/A
Courage: 10
Firepower: ???
Skill: Infinity

Postby NightFall » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:35 pm

I don't think this film was made for fans, and had no influence from the fans, except for Cullen. Still, since Ryan's review, I have some little hope, that it's going to be ok and come together,...I hope.

What makes me more angry is when "they" insist that it was made by fans for the fans, with love. I just can't believe that, it doesn't feel like it was done that way, it was more for the love of money. I wish it was both.

Futher more, until I see the movie, maybe I'll see then, why they said it was for fans, entertainment, and the spirit of Transformers is there.
Image
NightFall
Headmaster Jr
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:13 pm

Postby Bluebullet » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:50 pm

NightFall wrote:I don't think this film was made for fans, and had no influence from the fans, except for Cullen. Still, since Ryan's review, I have some little hope, that it's going to be ok and come together,...I hope.

What makes me more angry is when "they" insist that it was made by fans for the fans, with love. I just can't believe that, it doesn't feel like it was done that way, it was more for the love of money. I wish it was both.

Futher more, until I see the movie, maybe I'll see then, why they said it was for fans, entertainment, and the spirit of Transformers is there.

QFT. They try to say that we have people, represenatives, in the movie production, while they make pointless changes that have the fanbase in a war. If there was any effort to make the fanbase happy, I don't see it.
Bluebullet

Postby TheMuffin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:46 pm

Motto: "I still function!"
Weapon: Plasma Beam Rifle
Bluebullet wrote:
NightFall wrote:I don't think this film was made for fans, and had no influence from the fans, except for Cullen. Still, since Ryan's review, I have some little hope, that it's going to be ok and come together,...I hope.

What makes me more angry is when "they" insist that it was made by fans for the fans, with love. I just can't believe that, it doesn't feel like it was done that way, it was more for the love of money. I wish it was both.

Futher more, until I see the movie, maybe I'll see then, why they said it was for fans, entertainment, and the spirit of Transformers is there.

QFT. They try to say that we have people, represenatives, in the movie production, while they make pointless changes that have the fanbase in a war. If there was any effort to make the fanbase happy, I don't see it.


To be honest most of the fanbase is at least somewhat looking forward to this movie. There are a select few however who will have nothing to do with it. They're the ones that are acting like theres a war going on.
Image
User avatar
TheMuffin
God Of Transformers
Posts: 11064
News Credits: 6
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:12 am
Location: Ohiooooooo
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 3
Endurance: 7
Rank: 7
Courage: 6
Firepower: 8
Skill: 7

Previous

Return to Transformers Live Action Film Forum

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Japan New F/S - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 17 minutes 2 seconds
TF UN-24 WARPATH DELUXE CLASS UNITED TAKARA TRANSFORMERS 4904810441229 15211 - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 22 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Wonder Festival 2015 God Ginrai Optimus Prime Garage KIT Unused - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 24 minutes 52 seconds
TF PRIME DX HOT SHOT ROBOTS IN DISGUISE HASBRO TRANSFORMERS 17457 ORIGINAL - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 26 minutes 42 seconds
HASBRO: TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON: CYBERVERSE: SENTINEL PRIME, NEW, 2010!!! - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 39 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers legends LG14 ultra Magnus Japan Import - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 41 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Stomp and Chomp 20" Grimlock Dinosaur Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 41 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Generations NIGHTBEAT CROSSCUT WINDBLADE JHIAXUS 30th IDW Set of 4 - Time Remaining: 26 days 14 hours 56 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem
Twincast / Podcast #175:
"Bayhem"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, May 25th, 2017
Website Security Test