This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion (New 2018 Movie Line)

Postby themightyjimmy1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:46 am

Awesome thanks
themightyjimmy1
Mini-Con
Watch themightyjimmy1 on YouTube

Postby themightyjimmy1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:50 pm

RotorstormNZ wrote:I've been all about Cobra Dropkick since he was first revealed but, man, that face - rather, where is his face?

Optimus got him first...
themightyjimmy1
Mini-Con
Watch themightyjimmy1 on YouTube

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:24 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Weapon: Armor Axe
Some more shots of Brawl from work on Friday. I really like the attention to detail and the massive amount of guns. Movie designs are my favorite.

also, still super stoked for WWII Bee. That is fantastic.

I'm looking for parts, Help Me Out Please!
Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator
News Credits: 1641
Buy from D-Maximal_Primal on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal Spinosaurus
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 7
Endurance: 7
Courage: 10
Firepower: 8
Skill: 8

Video Reviews of Transformers Studio Series 16 DOTM Ratchet, 17 Shadow Raider and 18 VW Bumblebee

Postby Va'al » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:39 am

Motto: "Till All Are Pun!"
Fellow Transformers fan and toy reviewer on YouTube TFA1024 - The Transformers Addict has reached out to us with video reviews for two new figures from the Studio Series toyline of live action movie figures - specifically, we're talking about StudSer 16 Ratchet (in his Dark of the Moon deco) and StudSer 17 Shadow Raider, the orange Lockdown redeco with the visor mask seen in Age of Extinction. Both figures were first seen at the San Diego Comic Con 2018 Hasbro booth.

The two reviews have been embedded below for your viewing convenience, and show off the vehicle and robots modes for each, plus some comparisons with previous movie molds that shared the screen with the characters. Check them out!

In addition, TFA1024 also posted a video of the upcoming Studio Series 18 Bumblebee figure where Bumblebee transforms in a Volkswagen Beetle.

Va'al
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 6188
Buy from Va'al on eBay

Postby Nathaniel Prime » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:35 am

Motto: "Scale is also like Starscream in the G1 movie in that it's bad comedy."
Weapon: Fusion Cannon
They both look good, but the only one I'd must get is Shadow Raider. He looks awesome, maybe even cooler than Lockdown. DOTM Ratchet looks good, but you're only really getting him for the gun, so a pass for me unless I have some sort of discount on him.
One's red one's blue sometimes I want to ask god why he's played this cruel joke on us
Nathaniel Prime
Gestalt Team Leader
News Credits: 56
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Tank
Strength: 9
Endurance: 9
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: 9

Postby TFA1024 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:51 am

Motto: "TF ADDICTS FOR LIFE!"
I'll tell you this Nathaniel. Ratchet is honestly a lot better in hand. He's tighter (at least my copy is) compred to SS 04 Ratchet and looks strikingly better. Shadow Raider is great in hand as well. At first i was skeptical but after getting him he's a pretty good figure. i recommend both of them if you don't have them already
TFA1024
Mini-Con
News Credits: 6
Watch TFA1024 on YouTube
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 5
Firepower: 4
Skill: 6

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:38 pm

Weapon: Thermal Sword
I'm mixed on Ratchet. I want him for the gun, and while I do like his colors more as they're not eye blinding green, I'm doing the first movie cast, and a few others and that's not how he appeared in the first one. May just pick both up, but at the moment, neither really outweighs the other and I'm trying to avoid getting too many of the same figure
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 5
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 4
Firepower: 2
Skill: 5

Postby Seibertron » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles
Has there been any explanation for Ironhide's flawed-looking right eye? It looks like his face is drooping or something weird. At first, I thought mine had a mold flaw, but the others I saw also had the same flaw/problem. It looks pretty bad in my opinion.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Courage: 8
Firepower: 5
Skill: 10+

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Seibertron wrote:Has there been any explanation for Ironhide's flawed-looking right eye? It looks like his face is drooping or something weird. At first, I thought mine had a mold flaw, but the others I saw also had the same flaw/problem. It looks pretty bad in my opinion.

He has a scar going over his eye in the movie, which that's supposed to represent.I will agree that it looks a little off on the figure though.
Ironhide.jpg
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Firepower: 3

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:42 pm

Motto: "There are no impossibilities in the multiverse, just small minds unable to comprehend the possibilities"
Attack on Titan: Predaking Edition.

SS Jazz and Predaking feel so good together, and I am really feeling that Fall of Cybertron trailer where Jazz jumped on Bruticus, and these 2 feel great with that sort of size and I really want to do that pose now. Jazz is perfect for this, and he's a really really good figure in general, I love him!!!!

Wanna talk? Or Rollerblade? Click below and head on over to the D-Max Den!!Image
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:06 am

Motto: "A cunning smile is more devastating than the fiercest weapon."
Weapon: Anti-Thermal Cannon
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Has there been any explanation for Ironhide's flawed-looking right eye? It looks like his face is drooping or something weird. At first, I thought mine had a mold flaw, but the others I saw also had the same flaw/problem. It looks pretty bad in my opinion.

He has a scar going over his eye in the movie, which that's supposed to represent.I will agree that it looks a little off on the figure though.
The attachment Ironhide.jpg is no longer available

Yeah it's movie accurate. Not an error. He's a tough old git who's been through tons of battles.

Anyways I found Toys R Us Thundercracker in the Cambridge branch of Forbidden Planet (they also had two Ironhides but i got him already and he's awesome) and my friend was working there so gave me 10% off without me even asking. Sorry for the crap photo. My phone's USB charge port is busted so is off for repairs and this temporary phone is garbage. Anyways yeah she says they got in quite a few of Toys R Us' exclusive toys and such.
20180905_165644.jpg

So need my real phone back.
20180905_172411.jpg
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander
News Credits: 19

Postby ZeroWolf » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:08 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Nice carni :) for a decent price as well.
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Transformers Studio Series Ironhide found at US and Canadian Retail

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:11 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Both Canada and the US seem to think the grass is greener across the border when it comes to sightings and distribution. But this time, with Transformers Studio Series Ironhide, both countries have found the toy at the same time. In Canada, Ironhide was found at EB Games in Ontario for $39.99 CAD (or $35.99 with an Edge Membership) by Cybertron.ca member neevnav.

In the US, Ironhide was found at Target in Virginia for $29.99 USD by TFW2005 member clydegoobler.

For those wondering, Ironhide comes packed with wave 1 Optimus Prime. Good luck on the hunt and if you find him, let the community know through our sightings section and sightings forum.

If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:14 pm

And in UK at Forbidden Planet for £32.99 :P
I have anxiety, depression and aspergers syndrome so my behaviour can be erratic. I don't mean offense to anyone. Just very picky about my Transformers collecting. You're all cool! :)

Likes: Bayverse, Marvel UK G1, Geoff Senior art, '86 movie (more for style/soundtrack rather than Star Wars plot)
Dislikes: Bumblebee movie (lousy rehashed dumb crud), TFA, G1 cartoon, IDW G1, BW/BM, MP. The entire concept of Autobot Megatron
Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby boyatlarge » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:41 pm

That's funny, I just went to Target today to pick up some allergy medicine and saw that they had Studio Ironhide there, too, so I picked one up today, also. Kind of a nice feeling getting a new figure when I wasn't even looking for one.
boyatlarge
Mini-Con
News Credits: 2

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:43 pm

boyatlarge wrote:That's funny, I just went to Target today to pick up some allergy medicine and saw that they had Studio Ironhide there, too, so I picked one up today, also. Kind of a nice feeling getting a new figure when I wasn't even looking for one.

Was my reaction today when finding Thundercracker whom I did not expect to ever turn up in a UK store now that Toys R Us is all deaded and I was mainly going all that way to Cambridge to try get my phone fixed not buy yet another Studio Series Transformer but heck it made the trip worth it. :P

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby william-james88 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Carnivius_Prime wrote:And in UK at Forbidden Planet for £32.99 :P

Is that a new sighting? I thought it was out in the UK for a little while now
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Carnivius_Prime » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:46 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:And in UK at Forbidden Planet for £32.99 :P

Is that a new sighting? I thought it was out in the UK for a little while now

I dunno. I got mine online a couple weeks ago. I hadn't seen anyone mention an in-store one here or as news and if they did I must have missed it. Sorry.

Carnivius_Prime
City Commander

Postby Emerje » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:36 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
I still haven't seen any of wave 2 in any store yet and here's wave 3 starting to show up. Good thing this isn't a line I'm trying to complete and only picking out a few occasional good ones.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Endurance: 8

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:12 pm

I'm just gonna drop this comment here, as he is still traveling with me places and he's going with me this weekend after a day of work, but...

Studio Series Jazz is my favorite figure of the line so far, and it's looking like, barring some strange thing happening, he will be my figure of the year for this year. Heck, he's probably the most fun I've had with a movie figure recently, right up there just above Nitro Zeus, Thundercracker, and voyager Megatron form TLK and SS Grimlock.

But he's above those 4 as well.
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby Ironhidensh » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm just gonna drop this comment here, as he is still traveling with me places and he's going with me this weekend after a day of work, but...

Studio Series Jazz is my favorite figure of the line so far, and it's looking like, barring some strange thing happening, he will be my figure of the year for this year. Heck, he's probably the most fun I've had with a movie figure recently, right up there just above Nitro Zeus, Thundercracker, and voyager Megatron form TLK and SS Grimlock.

Agreed. Fully. We should have beers and clink them.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 10+
Firepower: 10+

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm just gonna drop this comment here, as he is still traveling with me places and he's going with me this weekend after a day of work, but...

Agreed. Fully. We should have beers and clink them.

I raise my glass to you good sir and clink it and down it cheerfully
D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Transformers Studio Series Wave 3 Sighted at Retail

Postby D-Maximal_Primal » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Thanks to a heads up from some observant Seibertron fans, we have word that Wave 3 Deluxes of the Transformers Studio Series line have hit retail! This sighting comes to us from a Target in Los Angeles, California, and features the new VW Bumblebee figure that represents his new form in the upcoming Bumblebee movie. There were no signs of the Shadow Raider or Dark of the Moon Ratchet, but it can be safely assumed that they are now out on the shelves as well.

So go out and check out your local stores! You just might find some of the new Wave 3 deluxes to go along with the recent sightings of the Wave 3 voyager Ironhide!

D-Maximal_Primal
Site Moderator

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:37 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
Awesome! I’ll have to be sure to check out target soon!
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5

Postby Emerje » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
Meanwhile my local Target was still packed with wave 1 Deluxe. They did finally get wave 2 Voyagers, that was a nice surprise.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Intelligence: 7
Endurance: 8

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DANNY KETCH GHOST RIDER #1 var Marvel Comics 2023 MAR230714 (CA) Lubera"
DANNY KETCH GHOST ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #2 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230703 (CA) Giangiordano (W)Phillips"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL + ECHO #1 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2023 APR238648 (CA) Noto"
DAREDEVIL + ECHO # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GHOST RIDER #11 Marvel Comics 2023 NOV220960 (CA) Barends (W) Percy (A) Wachter"
GHOST RIDER #11 Ma ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DAREDEVIL #2 var 1:100 virgin Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230684 (CA) Romita (W) Ahmed"
DAREDEVIL #2 var 1 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #2 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 FEB230704 (CA) Wolf"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SENSATIONAL SHE-HULK #1 Marvel Comics 2023 AUG230645 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell +Gao"
SENSATIONAL SHE-HU ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SHE-HULK #9 Marvel Comics 2022 OCT220945 (CA) Bartel (W) Rowell (A) Miyazawa"
SHE-HULK #9 Marvel ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #10 2nd ptg Marvel Comics 2022 MAR228332 (CA) Smith (W) MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #10 2n ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #24 var Last Look Marvel Comics 2023 APR230849 (CA) Bagley (W)MacKay"
MOON KNIGHT #24 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PUNISHER #5 Marvel Comics 2022 JUN221036 (CA) Saiz (W) Aaron (A) Saiz + Azaceta"
PUNISHER #5 Marvel ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MOON KNIGHT #15 var Miracleman Marvel Comics 2022 JUL220879 (CA) Shalvey"
MOON KNIGHT #15 va ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "COSMIC GHOST RIDER #1 var 1:25 Marvel Comics 2023 DEC220858 (CA) Roche"
COSMIC GHOST RIDER ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Punisher War Journal BLITZ #1 var headshot Marvel Comics APR220888 (CA) Nauck"
Punisher War Journ ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy and Blowpipe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure [Amazon Exclusive](Discontinued by manufacturer)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Blades Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON