This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers Studio Series General Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers Studio Series Discussion

Postby AcademyofDrX » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 am

The lifespan of SS86 may depend on the response. It makes sense to focus on the new '86 characters, but I don't see any reason why they couldn't or wouldn't expand to feature key '84 & '85 characters, especially in alternate decoes to represent key moments in the movie. If they're committed, we could easily see Prime & Megatron, or new sets for Soundwave, Blaster, and their tapes. None of the tape decks or tapes from the last few years prioritized the clean robot modes and screen accuracy associated with the Studio Series.

I'm not saying they should or will, just that I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby Keelan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:50 am

Weapon: Laser Pistol
It looks like SS86 Grimlock may be mistransformed right out of the box, as his wings look far too long. It also looks like either the tail will not fold into the legs all of the way, or another piece of kibble may end up there.
I also appologize for the really poor writing on the image, using a laptops trackpad is hard...
Attachments
canvas.png
Keelan
Mini-Con
Alt Mode: Cessna 172
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 5
Endurance: 5
Courage: 7
Firepower: 4
Skill: 7

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:42 am

Motto: "Me Grimlock, you slag."
Weapon: Particle Beam Cannon
blackeyedprime
City Commander
News Credits: 18
Alt Mode: a spoon
Intelligence: 6
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 6

Postby LinaNui » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:47 am

Weapon: Vibro-Axe
https://comicbook.com/gear/news/transfo ... -revealed/

Has much as I still hate these being in SS, I will be getting them all since they are characters I don't have yet.

Also with them being 86-XX, this might mean they are a subline to SS like how Netflix is to WFC. Fingers crossed so that it can get it's own thread to stop clogging up this one.
LinaNui
Combiner
News Credits: 25
Watch LinaNui on YouTube
Alt Mode: Mclaren Senna
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 3
Skill: 5

Postby TF-fan kev777 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:51 am

blackeyedprime wrote:new pics up, jazz looks amazing

https://comicbook.com/gear/news/transfo ... evealed/#2

He really does, I love the big spoiler.

Hot Rod on the other hand, I'm just not feeling, especially at Voyager price. That car mode does not look good at all in that photo.
TF-fan kev777
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 7

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:53 am

Boxes are individually numbered jazz is 01 hotrod 04.

Rts jazz still has more of a G1 toy look, the Williams racing piping, speakers and cthru plastic headlights with non hollow arms but I think I'm still in for this Jazz. Potp jazz just got reduced to being a gobot despite how good it is.
blackeyedprime
City Commander

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:53 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
Jazz looks... Okay. The car mode's just not that great, but the bot mode (assuming we can give him the door wing look like previously rumored), might just be good enough for me to consider. Hot Rod looks amazing. Though, I wish that they had ditched the effect parts and buzzsaw and made him a deluxe
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 4

Postby Wolfman Jake » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:11 am

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
I'll be shocked if we don't get a Generations Selects bundle next year with repaints of SS '86 Jazz as Richochet and of Kingdom G1 Inferno as Artfire, along with their respective Targetmasters (probably repaints of some Siege Battle Master molds). I was going to mention the sub-numbering evident from these new pics, but everyone picked up on that already. I noticed that Jazz's number is now "14," so I suppose that's the new legal workaround for Hasbro and Takara Tomy to avoid licensing fees. It's too bad that these characters, like Jazz, Wheeljack, and Smokescreen can't have their real classic racing numbers anymore.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Skill: 8

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:13 am

Toyhax will add the finishing touches to Jazzs car mode, and for some odd reason I'd be happy to buy stickers for him though it will end up costing more than voyager hotrod that I'm not willing to pay the price on.
blackeyedprime
City Commander

Postby AcademyofDrX » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:23 am

I would very much like a separate thread for SS-86, whenever someone here says "Geewunner" I cry. It's been a hard year, cut me some slack.

I may literally throw my PotP Jazz in the trash when this one comes out.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster

Transformers Studio Series 86 01 Jazz and 04 Hot Rod Official Revealed

Postby ZeroWolf » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:23 am

Motto: "My past no longer binds my future..."
Weapon: Battle Blades
Greetings Seibertronians! Following on from yesterday's leaked reveal of possibly the first wave of Transformers Studio Series 86 figures, comes the official reveal of Deluxe Class Jazz (given the number 01) and Voyager Class Hot Rod (given the number 04)!

The official images were revealed by the website, comicbook.com

Transformers Studio Series 86 Deluxe Class 01 Jazz

Robot

Back Drop

Alt Mode

Packaging

Transformers: Studio Series 86-01 Deluxe The Transformers: The Movie Autobot Jazz

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $19.99 / Available: 02/01/2021)

This Studio Series 86-01 Deluxe Class The Transformers: The Movie AUTOBOT JAZZ figure stands at 4.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco, and converts from robot to racecar mode in 20 steps.

In the “Moonbase One Destruction” scene from The Transformers: The Movie, AUTOBOT JAZZ tries to escape Moonbase One before UNICRON devours it, but he doesn't make it and is swallowed up by the Planet Eater. Fans can remove the backdrop and pose the figure out with the included blaster accessory and imagine recreating this classic movie moment!

Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately, subject to availability), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Available at most major toy retailers and for pre-order on HasbroPulse.com on Friday October 16, 2020 at Noon EST.

Transformers Studio Series 86 Voyager Class 04 Hot Rod

Robot

Back Drop

Alt Mode

Packaging

Transformers: Studio Series 86-04 Voyager The Transformers: The Movie Autobot Hot Rod

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $29.99 / Available: 02/01/2021)

This Studio Series 86-04 Voyager Class The Transformers: The Movie AUTOBOT HOT ROD figure stands at 6.5 inches tall, features vivid, movie-inspired deco, and converts from robot to sports car mode in 29 steps. In the “The Depths of Unicron” scene from The Transformers: The Movie, HOT ROD embraces his destiny, becoming RODIMUS PRIME and defeating UNICRON. Fans can remove the backdrop and pose the HOT ROD figure out with the included Matrix of Leadership, plus attach the energy effect to recreate this classic movie moment. HOT ROD also includes 2 movie-inspired blasters, 2 blast effects, and features buzz saw and spark welder hand attachments inspired by the scene where HOT ROD slices through robot kelp and giant squid tentacles, then repairs KUP.

Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately, subject to availability), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe. Available at most major toy retailers and for pre-order on HasbroPulse.com on Friday October 16, 2020 at Noon EST.

As pointed out by the product descriptions, these and others will be available to preorder tomorrow from major retailers and Hasbro Pulse from noon EST.

You'll be able to see these figures and more tomorrow as Hasbro livestream Transformers Fans First Friday from the Hasbro Pulse Facebook account, starting 11 a.m EST don't miss it!

What do you think of these? Have you waited a lifetime for them? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!
Got news for Seibertron? Share it here!
ZeroWolf
News Admin
News Credits: 1350

Postby AcademyofDrX » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:28 am

Is it just me or does the engineering for Jazz look basically the same as the Datsuns? I think even the legs function the same, except the back windshield folds down from the roof to cover the black of the legs.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster

Postby cruizerdave » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:32 am

I appreciate the extra accessories I may put on the figure once, but trying to pass that off as a voyager? Come on!
cruizerdave
Fuzor

Postby Sentinel_Primal » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:33 am

Weapon: Thermal Sword
cruizerdave wrote:I appreciate the extra accessories I may put on the figure once, but trying to pass that off as a voyager? Come on!

Hasbro learned from Takara's MP approach. :lol:
Sentinel_Primal
Godmaster
News Credits: 12
Alt Mode: Sea Serpent
Intelligence: 5
Courage: 4

Postby chuckdawg1999 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:45 am

Motto: "The man, the myth, the legend... yeah right."
Weapon: Saber Blade
The only way I can see Jazz being done better is by closing off the hollow plastic. We really are in an age of the Masterpiece killer. I do find it funny that Hot Rod is sitting higher in the packaging than Jazz to make it look bigger. Not that I won't be getting all of these.
chuckdawg1999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 317
Watch chuckdawg1999 on YouTube
Buy from chuckdawg1999 on eBay
Strength: 10
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 10
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10
Skill: 10

Postby Mindmaster » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:48 am

Motto: "For I have dipped my hands in muddied waters, and, withdrawing them, find 'tis better to be a commander than a common man!"
Weapon: Dark Saber Sword
Yeah, Jazz is niiiiiice. Definitely into him, and since Shattered Glass is making a comeback, Reveal the Shield Jazz will serve a greater purpose (with some appropriate Shattered Glass Autobot labels of course).

Hot Rod for sure, though now I have the dilemma of having the old Classics Deluxe with the Fansproject armor I got earlier this year thinking they weren’t going to do a decent Hot Rod for a while... :BANG_HEAD:
They call me “Tanker Chungus”!

Va'al wrote:I keep track of everyone. Backwards.
There are atandarfs to maintain.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:Hey, If Mindmaster survived then you should do just fine.
Mindmaster
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 251
Watch Mindmaster on YouTube
Alt Mode: Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 8
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Firepower: 6
Skill: 9

Postby hausjam » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:53 am

chuckdawg1999 wrote:The only way I can see Jazz being done better is by closing off the hollow plastic. We really are in an age of the Masterpiece killer.

You must have never handled a masterpiece figure.

Even compared to Universe-era figures, today's WFC and Studio figures feel like cheap knockoffs. The plastic quality is not good, the joints are weak, panels/sections don't line up well and/or don't tab in properly, and paint is often sloppy.

The only reason this crap sells well is because most of us don't spend much time handling them or looking at them up close. On a shelf, from a few feet away, they look nice.

But nice-looking crap is still crap.
hausjam
Minibot

Postby ScottyP » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:54 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Sentinel_Primal wrote:
cruizerdave wrote:I appreciate the extra accessories I may put on the figure once, but trying to pass that off as a voyager? Come on!

Seems like a good time to post a reminder that the "Class" designation is now more about price than anything else.

Anyhow, Jazz looks amazing, gives excellent Pretenders Jazz inner bot vibes.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 639
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby blackeyedprime » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:58 am

AcademyofDrX wrote:I would very much like a separate thread for SS-86, whenever someone here says "Geewunner" I cry. It's been a hard year, cut me some slack.

Nah, even from the description of the figures it is the same line -though there has only ever been one transformers movie and some live action guff :P Which had some good guff, but guff none the less.

Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately, subject to availability), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe.
blackeyedprime
City Commander

Postby AcademyofDrX » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:59 am

hausjam wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:The only way I can see Jazz being done better is by closing off the hollow plastic. We really are in an age of the Masterpiece killer.

You must have never handled a masterpiece figure.

Even compared to Universe-era figures, today's WFC and Studio figures feel like cheap knockoffs. The plastic quality is not good, the joints are weak, panels/sections don't line up well and/or don't tab in properly, and paint is often sloppy.

The only reason this crap sells well is because most of us don't spend much time handling them or looking at them up close. On a shelf, from a few feet away, they look nice.

But nice-looking crap is still crap.

I have transformed each of my WfC figures more times than all of my Masterpiece figures put together. The handling isn't the issue; if you want statues, by all means keep spending hundreds of dollars on a handful of MP figures, WfC and SS aren't going to best them on that front.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster

Postby AcademyofDrX » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:01 pm

blackeyedprime wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:I would very much like a separate thread for SS-86, whenever someone here says "Geewunner" I cry. It's been a hard year, cut me some slack.

Nah, even from the description of the figures it is the same line -though there has only ever been one transformers movie and some live action guff :P Which had some good guff, but guff none the less.

Reach past the big screen and build the ultimate TRANSFORMERS collection with Studio Series figures (each sold separately, subject to availability), inspired by iconic movie scenes and designed with specs and details to reflect the TRANSFORMERS movie universe.

I'm going to blame you personally for every tear that slides down my face, I hope you can live comfortably with that on your conscience.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster

Postby Autobot N » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:04 pm

Motto: "Fate rarely calls upon us at our moment of choosing."
Weapon: Electro-Sword
Not a big Hot Rod guy, but Jazz looks absolutely fantabulistic. He and Grimlock are definite buys.

Apparently, one of the leakers confirmed that all but one Dinobot will be made, the exception being Slash (not sure why that distinction had to be made, since she wasn't in the movie). Also, Blaster, Perceptor, and Devastator aren't happening.
Check out my collection thread!
Autobot N
City Commander
News Credits: 42
Alt Mode: Police Motorcycle
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 10+
Courage: 5
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Rodimus Prime » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:09 pm

Motto: "Individual freedom above all else."
I guess that answers my question about the numbering system. The 86 designation won't be included in the regular SS line, meaning we will get a SS 86 figure of a Bayverse character down the line, if it goes that far.

As for these reveals, I'm not jumping for joy in either case. They're nice, but I'll wait until I see them in-hand. I was almost sold on Hot Rod, but the fact that it's a deluxe figure with extra crap sold at voyager price is a turnoff. I didn't fall for it in WFC, I won't do it here. Besides, he looks like he has way too many panels. Jazz looks nice, but kinda simple. I'll see about getting him when I see him in stores. I actually really like the PoTP figure, even if it's not perfectly accurate.
........Image
Rodimus Prime
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 22

Postby william-james88 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:12 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
ScottyP wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote:

Seems like a good time to post a reminder that the "Class" designation is now more about price than anything else.

Anyhow, Jazz looks amazing, gives excellent Pretenders Jazz inner bot vibes.

It's basically no different than Hasbro throwing something like this into a mainline without having to make it an exclusive.

As for Jazz, that will be a pass. I think he looks great, but I am perfectly happy with my POTP toy. I am wondering why they changed the 4 to a 14. It's not toy nor show accurate. Knowing how subtle the artist handling the previous release was in sharing some conservative viewpoints, could this be a nod to the 14 words?
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby EvasionModeBumblebee » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:14 pm

Motto: "Are you telling me you could've been a Camaro this whole time?!"
Weapon: Plasma Cannon
blackeyedprime wrote:

It uses a different numbering system though, I would much rather have a separate discussion for SS-86.
The Beekeeper of Seibertron

Check out my Studio Series customs! Newest update: SS-99 Battletrap
evasionmodebumblebee-s-studio-series-repaints-p2062217.php#p2062217

AKA CamaroBee
EvasionModeBumblebee
Godmaster
News Credits: 53
Alt Mode: 2011 Concept Camaro
Intelligence: 8
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10
Firepower: 3
Skill: 9

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr H 1:10 Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230519 5H (CA) Conner"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #9 Cvr I 1:10 Dynamite Comics Disney JUN230687 9I Fleecs + Forstner"
GARGOYLES #9 Cvr I ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #3 Cvr A IDW Comics 2023 MAY231431 3A (A/CA) Medel"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #111 Cvr F 1:50 Boom Studios Comics JUN230414 111F"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "USAGI YOJIMBO #23 RI 1:10 IDW Comics 2021 AUG210594 23RI (W/A) Sakai (CA) Young"
USAGI YOJIMBO #23 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #5 Cvr H 1:25 Boom Studios Comics 2023 FEB230327 5H (CA) Quinones"
MMPR TMNT II #5 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT SPLINTERED FATE #1 Cvr B IDW Comics 2023 JUN231482 1B (CA) Palacios"
TMNT SPLINTERED FA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #110 Cvr B Boom Studios Comics 2023 MAY230343 110B"
MIGHTY MORPHIN POW ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #1 Facsimile Ed PURPLE FOIL Dynamite Comics DEC220641 (CA) Madureira"
GARGOYLES #1 Facsi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT ARMAGEDDON GAME #2 Cvr B IDW Comics 2022 JUL221647 2B (CA) Campbell"
TMNT ARMAGEDDON GA ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES #5 Cvr D Dynamite Comics Disney FEB230515 5D (CA) Leirix"
GARGOYLES #5 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MMPR TMNT II #2 Cvr E Boom Studios Comics 2023 NOV220377 2E (CA) Clarke"
MMPR TMNT II #2 Cv ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TMNT VS STREET FIGHTER #4 Cvr C IDW Comics 2023 JUN231487 4C (CA) Reilly"
TMNT VS STREET FIG ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GARGOYLES DARK AGES #3 Cvr J 1:20 Dynamite Comics JUL230287 3J (CA) Moss 231222R"
GARGOYLES DARK AGE ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Number 14 Voyager Class Autobot Ironhide" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Slugslinger and Caliburst" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight -- Knight Armor Turbo Changer Bumblebee" on AMAZON