This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #189 "S.O.S. Dinobots"

There is more to Transformers than movies, cartoons, comics and toys. Discuss anything else Transformers here.

Twincast / Podcast Episode #189 "S.O.S. Dinobots"

Postby megatronus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:42 am

Motto: "I would have waited an eternity for this."
Weapon: Temperature Variant H20 Gun
Welcome to the latest episode of the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast! This episode features your host ScottyP with Megatronus, RodimusConvoy13, and xRotorstormx. Listen in as we discuss the latest news, toys, and more.

Episode #189 "S.O.S. Dinobots" is available directly and in our RSS Feed, and should appear on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher Radio within 24 to 48 hours of when you see this news post.

The cast has obtained select Power of the Primes deluxe class and legends class figures, and we're ready to share our thoughts. Each of the deluxe class figures has their allure, but Dreadwind and Swoop appear to be the consensus favorites. On the legends side, Beachcomber is groovy, and Windcharger is still... questionable. But at the end of the day, we're still asking the million dollar question: who asked for combining Dinobots?

Not just a redeco.

We sidebar for a short discussion on the surprisingly good deluxe Power of the Primes Jazz - that car mode is fantastic - and the even more surprising Cybertronian-coded MAGA tampo on his side. The crew does its level best to explain the situation, from the context on why this particular acronym might be offensive to many, our personal disappointment in the sullying of this minority-voiced character, to the shortcomings in Hasbro's official response.

It's no joke.

Onto equally wacky but more upbeat topics, we've got wind of the upcoming Street Fighter II crossover, featuring Titans Returns Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Hot Rod as Ryu, M. Bison, and Ken, as well as Generations IDW Arcee as Chunli. These are some difficult repaints to justify a secondary purchase, but we're sure there are fans out there who are just as excited as we are intrigued.

All hail MEGS Bison!

Speaking of redecos, MP12+ Lambor (AKA Sideswipe) has started shipping out to those fans looking for a G1/anime-accurate color scheme. ScottyP walks us through the differences, including the varying shades of white and the MP14 face sculpt used for this release. Although the crew predicts only dedicated MP collectors will make the jump for this release, we hope for more MP+ announcements, particularly an MP10+ and perhaps even a whole new Optimus Prime 3.0.

He's got white booties!!!

We quickly move to another piece of Masterpiece news - the full reveal of MP Dinobot. Select alt-mode weaknesses aside, this figure already appears to be a landmark feat of engineering, and the Generations crossover display possibilities have us chomping at the golden disk. Dinobot's high price point, however, leads us to speculate on the body-blow a potential Beast Wars Megatron has in store for our wallets..

Money shot.

Masterpiece news isn't over yet, folks - we've still got Movie Masterpiece Barricade on the docket, and his full reveal has got us in a tizzy. It's amazing what one forgets over 10 years, and so the crew parses over specific design cues, and their accuracy - including the face sculpt, claws, and the conspicuous lack of Frenzy. Either way, we highly anticipate some racy interrogations of LadiesMan217 ahead.

Mischief, managed.

ScottyP provides some thoughts on the RID15 cartoon conclusion, and then we jump right into Optimus Prime #13 - official Seibertron.com review here. Though this issue starts a slow but welcome consolidation of open threads, questions remain. How is Onyx Prime influencing events? When are they going to finally elaborate on Bludgeon's Unicron connection? Will the reemergence of the Dinobots lead us back to Grimlock? Most importantly... could Prowl be any more badass?

Oh, those Dinobots - always getting into trouble.

Bragging Rights for the holidays: what's on our holiday wish lists, and what did we score on Black Friday?

We gotta have it.

| Love us? Hate us? Extra Super Love us? Drop us a review on iTunes. |
| Want to keep the discussion going? You can do so by simply replying to this post! |
| Got a question for the Twincast? Ask the Twincast. |
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff
News Credits: 112
Buy from megatronus on eBay

Re: Twincast / Podcast Episode #189 "S.O.S. Dinobots"

Postby Flashwave » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Oh Boy! A Twincast Podcast Extra Special Double Feature! Whoo-hoot! And just in time as I have far too much crap to unpack after moving to do without some stimulating Transformers Conversation. (but on the bright side, I finally have display space!
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Flashwave » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:41 pm

Motto: "Our society's downfall will not be this war. The war IS our society. That which will get us will be the little things. Some humanoid race, some tossed cannon, the little things that no one looks out for. THAT is for what we must be vigilant."
Weapon: Twin Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers
Okay guys, what in the flying heck? What did you guys put it in his drink???

My magic crystal 8 Ball says the Slash Repaint is Cindersaur *Cough*Leaked*Cough*

Rust Dust/Groove peg in like a dozen places. There is a Peg on Victorion's Navel that goes into a hole on the back of RD's hip piece. The two pegs on the inside of the forearms there are peg into the sides of Victorion's center chest beam. I have never had a problem with that Mold slipping off

I really like Dreadwind. The Wing assembly really does a good job distinguishing him from the CW Jets, and the bigger wings better compliment the jet body

No problems with my Swoop's legs/Beast Back. But yes, my Swoop has a problem with the flopping dinosaur hood.

Scotty: Are you pegging Swoop's Legs into the back of his Dino Wings? The wings has to be swiveled slightly to get everything aligned,

What do you not like about Slag? Is it just the whole scale thing?

I like that Slag uses his Dino's rear legs to actually pivot the Heel support instead of having to dig it out of his leg.

I disagree a bit, Power of the Primes is already a very busy gimmick line, although it wouldn't have taken much effort to put the leg notch onto he Dinobot's backs.

And again, I don't like Titan Wars because "Where does the Head go? Oh, we take it off." Boo! That's cheap (too me) And I have played with almost none of the Head dudes separately. I have played more with the accessory vehicles like Shuffler than the Heads that came with them.

The other thing I like about Dreadwind is the excitement of getting Darkwing. Yes, he's a Combiner and has the Combiner peg, but he also has this OTHER Combiner gimmick going too that is not overly hindered.

I have this fear that With everyone buying out of the back that when we get to the actual "Streetdate" there won't be any/many. Everyone says "Oh but they over order the first wave" but we keep harvesting the crop before they crop.

I have been saving my Collector Cards, I wonder if there's going to be a market for just the cards at $2-$3 a piece? Do I jump on that now or down the road? Cause I don't really have a use for these.

Jazz:

I want this: Image But we'll probably get a Sideswipe.

There was a video posted in the Jazz thread that "Maga" was an accidental script name from a G1 episode. Was that disproved? Regardless, even if the that was the intended homage, the timing is tasteless in that it ended up referencing this other thing.

Here's where the issue with the Street Fighter figures taking up toy line space comes from. The Street Fighter Figures will take up time on a Production Schedule. Now, I don't know how long it makes to take a toy run of Transformers, but in Model Trains that's a good part of a Month that could be producing something else and getting it to street sooner.

Isn't Optimal Optimus a Truck Munky?

CYB Downshift could be an AWESOME Bandit 1.
http://www.tfu.info/2006/Autobot/Downsh ... lemode.jpg

----Lots of conversation that really isn't my niche of the fandom-----

Optimus Prime #13:

I was disappointed slightly, when I read the previews I got excited because we got these Throttlebots, these no name characters, and they looked like they were going to get a good story. I should have known not to expect a whole Throttlebots story because this is the "Optimus Prime" storyline, but I was really expecting a major B story for the Throttlebots and this felt like a C story, or just setup fodder for later, not really a Throttlebots story.

Not that it was bad, but I wanted more than we got.

Wait... Fort Max went to Big Lots for FORTY DOLLARS and I MISSED IT????!!!!

One thing that you guys didn't mention about Amazon:

Amazon hosts a lot of individual sellers, and when they do, all those items are listed with the Amazon listing first, and then the others by who is the cheapest. Amazon, who can buy in Bulk, can buy a lot of an item for less than I could. When they want to burn through stale product, they can cut that price down to wholesale. So like Six Shot, they can sell him for $23. When he goes out, the database automatically pulls up the next cheapest non-amazon listing. You see the price go up, but in reality its a whole different item.
Flashwave
City Commander
News Credits: 8
Strength: 7
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 9
Endurance: 6
Courage: 9
Firepower: 7

Postby xRotorstormx » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:24 am

Motto: ""Get into your enemy's mind. And then beat him at his own evil game.""
Flashwave wrote:
Jazz:

I want this: Image But we'll probably get a Sideswipe.

It would be awesome to see the Spychangers updated! That is one subset of characters that we've gotten nothing from since they first came out.

Now that I think of it... I really want Ironhide redone using the Kup mold
xRotorstormx
Fuzor
News Credits: 138
Watch xRotorstormx on YouTube
Buy from xRotorstormx on eBay

Postby ScottyP » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:05 am

Weapon: Battle Blades
Flashwave wrote:Scotty: Are you pegging Swoop's Legs into the back of his Dino Wings? The wings has to be swiveled slightly to get everything aligned,
Yeah, noted and tried :) Same problems, but the more I mention the issues on Swoop, the more I think the one I opened up is just an isolated case. Might crack open the spare after all and see how it is.

Flashwave wrote:What do you not like about Slag? Is it just the whole scale thing?
Keep in mind that, as mentioned, I'm spoiled by the Fans Toys/Planet X/Iron Factory versions in their awesomeness. This has a big influence on me seeing this Slag as something that's just less than ideal and I'll freely admit to it. But even considering that, I look at something like the DX9 Legends scaled version and that looks great. It's the combination of size, no back wings, and what I can only describe as "off" proportions in bot mode doing it no favors.

Flashwave wrote:I have this fear that With everyone buying out of the back that when we get to the actual "Streetdate" there won't be any/many. Everyone says "Oh but they over order the first wave" but we keep harvesting the crop before they crop.
That's on Target imo, not collectors. Street dates and chains' internal "hold for reset" dates are hugely different animals. Both are boring, but I can elaborate further if desired.

Flashwave wrote:I have been saving my Collector Cards, I wonder if there's going to be a market for just the cards at $2-$3 a piece? Do I jump on that now or down the road? Cause I don't really have a use for these.
I can say that older cards have a pricey market when sold in lots. Many Armada/Energon/etc cards I've needed came with many that were dupes and the bidding got much higher than anticipated. I'm sure for the new PotP ones there will eventually be some demand, possibly more now than later with a few keepong the dream alive they could collect all of every card's variants.

Flashwave wrote:I want this: Image
Thirded. This would be magnificent!

Flashwave wrote:There was a video posted in the Jazz thread that "Maga" was an accidental script name from a G1 episode. Was that disproved?
There's an entire subreddit for those kinds of posts. Yes, there are occasional obscure references on things but a messed up script name? That reeks of the unhealthy kind of skepticism that climate change deniers/flat earthers/etc went crazy from.

Flashwave wrote:Here's where the issue with the Street Fighter figures taking up toy line space comes from.
Eh, for factories if the scale used by Hasbro and Takara Tomy for production, I think this has a very minimal impact. If the SF x TF figures weren't around, some other craxy exclusive likely would be. Only Hasbro seems to have any kind of limited space caste system like this and even then it only impacts the main line, not exclusives.

Flashwave wrote:Wait... Fort Max went to Big Lots for FORTY DOLLARS and I MISSED IT????!!!!
Ollie's, and they went fast. Once the news was out they were sold out in hours.
Listen to me ramble about robots on the Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
News Credits: 637
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby Ironhidensh » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:43 pm

Motto: "Tell those damned kids to stay off my lawn!!!"
Weapon: Big Cannon
Listening to the Jazz section now, gotta say, I think you guys are handling it well and respectful, and I say that as a conservative (but not a republican). It's nice to see that in today's climate of political "heat" if you will. I may have more thoughts later, gotta finish this 'cast first.
Card carrying grumpy old man.

Leonardo wrote:Take your lips off my pipe!
Ironhidensh
Faction Commander
News Credits: 25
Buy from Ironhidensh on eBay
Strength: 10+
Intelligence: 6
Speed: 4
Endurance: 10+
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10+

Postby megatronus » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:Listening to the Jazz section now, gotta say, I think you guys are handling it well and respectful, and I say that as a conservative (but not a republican). It's nice to see that in today's climate of political "heat" if you will. I may have more thoughts later, gotta finish this 'cast first.

Thanks! My uneasy stammering in this section is my stab at polite discourse. ;)
Cobotron wrote:Hey! You seemed to have attracted a wild Megatronus. They're hard to find, but boy are they fun when you catch one!
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby ScottyP » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:05 pm

Ironhidensh wrote:Listening to the Jazz section now, gotta say, I think you guys are handling it well and respectful, and I say that as a conservative (but not a republican). It's nice to see that in today's climate of political "heat" if you will. I may have more thoughts later, gotta finish this 'cast first.
Much appreciated! That was the goal. I miss the days when politics only meant "minor disagreements on how to best serve the public with plenty of room for compromise".
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Postby megatronus » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:11 pm

Scotty - something I forgot to ask on the pod: does MP12+ Sideswipe hold his gun any better than the original release?
megatronus
Podcast Staff

Postby ScottyP » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 am

megatronus wrote:Scotty - something I forgot to ask on the pod: does MP12+ Sideswipe hold his gun any better than the original release?
Pretty much the same. No problems whatsoever, just as long as you don't try to fold the fingers all the way in.
ScottyP
Guardian Of Seibertron
Buy from ScottyP on eBay

Return to Transformers General Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #4 Marvel Comics 1987 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926X"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ANTAGONY Transformers Legacy Generations Selects Voyager 2023 New"
ANTAGONY Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HOT ROD + FIREDRIVE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete 2016 231208F"
NEW!
HOT ROD + FIREDRIV ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MEGATRON Transformer Combiner Wars Generations complete +box Leader 2015 230325A"
MEGATRON Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "HARDHEAD Transformers Universe Ultra complete + instructions 2009 230920A"
NEW!
HARDHEAD Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OBSIDIAN Transformers Universe Basic Ultra complete Hasbro 2003 230830A"
OBSIDIAN Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "PROWL Transformers Universe Spy Changer complete Hasbro 2005 230821A"
PROWL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE #1 Marvel Comics 1986 (CA) Trimpe (W) Budiansky 230926R"
TRANSFORMERS UNIVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLURR + HYPERFIRE Transformers Titans Return Deluxe complete Hasbro 2016 231208V"
NEW!
BLURR + HYPERFIRE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "MICRONUS CLOUDBURST Transformers Power Primes Prime Master POTP 2017 230713B"
MICRONUS CLOUDBURS ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager complete + instructions 2014 230920A"
NEW!
WHIRL Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Trypticon RAMP (RIGHT HIP) Transformers Titans Return part accs 2017 230817E"
NEW!
Trypticon RAMP (RI ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "JAZZ Transformers Generations Deluxe Fall of Cybertron complete 2012 230920A"
NEW!
JAZZ Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Titan Master SHUFFLER Transformers Titans Return Generations Hasbro 2017 230903A"
NEW!
Titan Master SHUFF ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #345 - The Roast
Twincast / Podcast #345:
"The Roast"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, March 9th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Cindersaur" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Protectobot Rook Figure" on AMAZON