Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed

Saturday, November 11th, 2017 10:44AM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 33,907

Earlier this morning, Hasbro officially revealed Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade from the Transformers Movie Universe, which we first heard rumors about earlier this year back in September. You can view our previous news stories about MPM-5 Barricade here. Without further ado, here is the information Hasbro posted via their Pulse website about this highly anticipated figure, which will join the ranks alongside previous Masterpiece Movie figures such as MPM-4 Optimus Prime, MPM-3 Bumblebee and Starscream. It is currently assumed that Toys R Us will be the exclusive retailer for this figure, though that has not been confirmed yet. MPM-5 Barricade will be released in 2018.

Hasbro Pulse wrote:Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed

THE MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES BARRICADE MPM-5 FIGURE!

Published by PULSE
Headquarter

In partnership with Takara Tomy, we are excited to announce the co-branded release of Movie Masterpiece Barricade (MPM-5)!

The Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5 figure is perfect for fans and collectors alike, with features inspired by the explosive 2007 Transformers live action movie. The figure showcases the sinister Decepticon enforcer with impressive attention to detail. Imagine unleashing Barricade action with a detailed interior, die cast detailing, and rotor blade weapon accessory. Converts from robot to Saleen S281 Extreme Ford Mustang police car mode in 40 steps!

Additional Facts:
  • Features Barricade’s iconic Rotor Blade Wheel weapon from the TRANSFORMERS film
  • First Movie Masterpiece figure with a Movable Faceplate, allowing fans to play out their favorite scenes from the TRANSFORMERS film
  • Figure built with Die Cast Parts & features 170 Deco Ops with 30 Points of Articulation!
  • Vehicle-mode features Barricade’s accurate, licensed vehicle from the TRANSFORMERS film: Saleen S281 Extreme Ford Mustang Police Car
  • Product was designed with ILM Movie CAD Files from the Blockbuster film TRANSFORMERS
  • Figure features most film-accurate conversion to-date!
  • Item is the 1st Movie Masterpiece Decepticon to hit the market in over 8 years!

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed
Credit(s): Hasbro Pulse
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1920974)
Posted by Bounti76 on November 11th, 2017 @ 10:51am CST
Maybe I just need to see a closeup, but that head sculpt.... isn't impressing me right now.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1920981)
Posted by TulioDude on November 11th, 2017 @ 11:23am CST
Amazing!

"Moveable faceplate" means his mouth opens?
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1920985)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 11th, 2017 @ 11:47am CST
Damn that looks frickin' awesome. Damn movie masterpieces making me want to spend more money than i can really afford...

:michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1920997)
Posted by Black Hat on November 11th, 2017 @ 12:41pm CST
Gorgeous.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921001)
Posted by steals_your_goats on November 11th, 2017 @ 1:00pm CST
I was disappointed at first by the lack of painted rims, until I realized that Barricade has black rims in the movie. I never noticed that before. I also don't remember him having that much blue. Looks good though.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921003)
Posted by Microraptor on November 11th, 2017 @ 1:05pm CST
Shame there's no Frenzy, but this thing is gorgeous!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921008)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on November 11th, 2017 @ 1:15pm CST
I NEED DIS!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921010)
Posted by Octobotimus on November 11th, 2017 @ 1:15pm CST
i'll stick with my human alliance barricade...... face looks better and is already amazing.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921012)
Posted by MagicDeath on November 11th, 2017 @ 1:27pm CST
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921027)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 11th, 2017 @ 2:46pm CST
Microraptor wrote:Shame there's no Frenzy, but this thing is gorgeous!

If we ever get an MPM Frenzy, I want him to come with CD shuriken and a Ding-dong for accessories. And maybe a voice chip. I really like his voice.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921029)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on November 11th, 2017 @ 2:59pm CST
I'm not sure it's a good or bad thing I'm more excited for this than the entire TLK toyline. Bring on Barricade!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921031)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 11th, 2017 @ 3:06pm CST
MagicDeath wrote:I like how it doesn’t mention MPM-2. I know that MPM-1 is essentially as good as the modern ones, was MPM-2 actually that good?

I think they were merely talking characters as Bumblebee has appeared in the line twice.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921032)
Posted by Quantum Surge on November 11th, 2017 @ 3:14pm CST
As much as I love the look of this guy, he needs Frenzy to complete the set. If the Deluxe and Human Alliance versions can, than this should too!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921036)
Posted by wilcosu35 on November 11th, 2017 @ 3:28pm CST
Oh, that looks nice!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921040)
Posted by MagicDeath on November 11th, 2017 @ 3:50pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Well... yeah. It makes sense.
I was just curious as I’ve never really heard anyone mention it.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921052)
Posted by Rated X on November 11th, 2017 @ 4:57pm CST
The face has too much white. It looks good but I have no interest in movie MP.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921058)
Posted by Latebrus-K on November 11th, 2017 @ 5:41pm CST
This sculpt looks amazing! The colors... not so much. The blue accents and black definitely-not-lipstick make him look like a movieverse Shadow Striker. :-? Hopefully it won't look this way in-hand - he was the first MPM I would consider getting!
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921300)
Posted by skywarp-2 on November 12th, 2017 @ 10:48pm CST
here's hoping the Takara Ver has silver paint apps instead of that grey, and some better decos. I'll wait to see which is the better buy.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921339)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 13th, 2017 @ 8:07am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:Sure, it looks great, but so did the first two. While Bumblbee is decent (yet flawed), Prime is a complete a total hot mess.

I'll reserve any excitement until we have in hand reports.

Almost every Masterpiece figure has flaws. That's kinda why I always considered the title ironic.

Opitmus Prime is fantastic. Just the truck mode alignment issues bring it down but I don't tend to transform them much into vehicle mode anyways.

This figure looks amazing and improves on all the issues I had the otherwise fine Human Alliance figure such as the hands and general proportions and structure.
Re: Transformers Masterpiece MPM-5 Barricade Officially Revealed (1921374)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on November 13th, 2017 @ 11:29am CST
Now that looks incredible. He is going to be pre-ordered!!

It is really telling that they put this much love into Barricade, and he is the only Decepticon movie masterpiece so far who wasn't just a repainted leader class figure, AKA original mold for the MPM series. And I love his arms and wheel weapon!!
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 49%
You save: 34%
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 25%
You save: 24%
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer" on AMAZON
You save: 22%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 20%