This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Feel free to discuss anything about any of the thousands of Transformer toys here. Anything from Generation 1 all the way to the soon to be released, the never to be released or the hope to be released is fair game! Want to show off your stuff? Please post your's and see others in the Transformers Collections Forum.

Re: Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Discussion Thread

Postby Amelie » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:38 pm

Motto: "I-I'm sorry.. I-I'll be going now.."
Weapon: No Weapon
Its possible the backs of the arms had to be hollow because of how the toy was being cast\molded.
Burn wrote:Let it be known, I murdered Amelie.
Accidentally.

Back from the dead, like some curious zombie amalgam...
Amelie
Godmaster
News Credits: 33
Alt Mode: Unicrons Transformation Cog
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 6
Endurance: 4
Courage: 5
Firepower: 1
Skill: 10

Postby Wolfman Jake » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Motto: ""A mountain with a wolf on it stands a little taller."
-Edward Hoagland"
Weapon: Retractable Mecha-Fangs
Emerje wrote:I'm fine with some easily hidden gaps in the torso and hollowness in the arms and legs like we mostly see in combiners. What I can't overlook is what we've seen with Ironhide and his gaping holes.

How did that even get out of the production stage!? I'm seriously on the fence about getting him, he had better be a surprisingly large Deluxe to make up for all that empty space in his back and arms, but I doubt it looking at his SDCC display.

Emerje

The hollow forearms seem to be par for the course the past few years. Maybe something gets tucked away in there during transformation? The hole in the back, though, I think is more off putting, but it may not be as bad as it seems. Being a gray plastic prototype may be playing with our sense of depth, along with the bright photography lights creating strong shadows and contrasts along with the increased greebling in the sculpt, which is known to create a false sense of increased "depth" in an object. Other visual cues are also probably distorting our perception, such as the 5 mm hole, which actually seems to be protruding quite a ways out from the outer plane of the back. I think the bulk of that recess probably only goes about 1 mm or so deep. If you look lower in the back, where the deeper gap is, you start to get a sense that the majority of that recess isn't quite as drastic as it at first appears. Some in hand picks are going to answer a lot more questions, so we just have to be patient until then.
Wolfman Jake - Spendin' the day howlin' away.
Wolfman Jake
Faction Commander
News Credits: 65
Alt Mode: Wolf
Strength: 6
Intelligence: 10
Speed: 7
Endurance: 8
Courage: 9
Firepower: 2
Skill: 8

Postby Full-Tilt » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Motto: ""...*raises hand nervously*...""
Weapon: Double Beam Guns
Wireless_Phantom wrote:
Emerje wrote:I'm fine with some easily hidden gaps in the torso and hollowness in the arms and legs like we mostly see in combiners. What I can't overlook is what we've seen with Ironhide and his gaping holes.

How did that even get out of the production stage!? I'm seriously on the fence about getting him, he had better be a surprisingly large Deluxe to make up for all that empty space in his back and arms, but I doubt it looking at his SDCC display.

Emerje

To be fair I think that the hole in the back is where the head goes. The fore-arms are a bit annoying but there may be a reason.

forearms only appear to peg together, and it does not appear that the hands fold into the arms. Only reason I could see would be to bulk up the figure. I may be wrong though.
Full-Tilt
Mini-Con
News Credits: 4
Alt Mode: Car
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 8
Speed: 6
Endurance: 6
Courage: 1
Firepower: 5
Skill: 8

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Motto: "The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance."
Amelie wrote:Its possible the backs of the arms had to be hollow because of how the toy was being cast\molded.

Thank you for bringing up casting, as that's the only real way to create the arms as a single piece.

What needs to be kept in mind is that casting 3-dimensional objects with a hollow interior, like an egg, can not be done as everything is a heavy solid chunk: you'd have to separate the halves and cast those. Of course that'd require more molds with drives up the cost for material, plus extra assembly. The hollow arms are a necessary evil here.
The resident Rewind... well, half of one :lol:

- Jelze Bunnycat =:3

Looking for:
- TR Furos (Hardhead's head) and Crashbash (lost him :()
- PotP Punch head
- TR Galvatron right arm (the gun one)
- CW Brake-Neck/UW Wildrider, CW Offroad
- TR Twinferno & Grotusque
- Greenlight, Lancer and PotP Elita-1 (plus repro Victorion hands and feet?)
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 241
Strength: 5
Intelligence: 9
Speed: 8
Endurance: 7
Courage: 8
Skill: 5

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Motto: "'Til All Are One!"
Weapon: Twin Shock-Concussion Missiles

Emerje

I have been thinking about this a lot lately as well. One thing that has been sorely missing from Transformers toys are hands that slide in and out of the forearms via a tab (such as G1 Soundwave). I'd really like to see a return to that transformation concept again to overcome some of the hollow forearms, though I'm not sure I'd want to see that applied to the legs like with G1 Shockwave because it seems like there often was the problem of the upper legs sliding back into the lower legs due to friction wear or whatever.
Seibertron
Site Owner
News Credits: 3554
Watch Seibertron on YouTube
Buy from Seibertron on eBay
Alt Mode: Supersonic Cybertronian Jet
Strength: 10
Endurance: 9
Skill: 10+

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:12 pm

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Amelie wrote:Its possible the backs of the arms had to be hollow because of how the toy was being cast\molded.

Thank you for bringing up casting, as that's the only real way to create the arms as a single piece.

What needs to be kept in mind is that casting 3-dimensional objects with a hollow interior, like an egg, can not be done as everything is a heavy solid chunk: you'd have to separate the halves and cast those. Of course that'd require more molds with drives up the cost for material, plus extra assembly. The hollow arms are a necessary evil here.

I hadn't thought of that issue. Still think nicer figures like Masterpiece would benefit from the hands sliding into the forearms. Bumblebee especially.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:38 pm

Seibertron wrote:

Emerje

I have been thinking about this a lot lately as well. One thing that has been sorely missing from Transformers toys are hands that slide in and out of the forearms via a tab (such as G1 Soundwave). I'd really like to see a return to that transformation concept again to overcome some of the hollow forearms, though I'm not sure I'd want to see that applied to the legs like with G1 Shockwave because it seems like there often was the problem of the upper legs sliding back into the lower legs due to friction wear or whatever.

Telescoping limbs is one of my pet peeves actually, and I'm so happy that Hasbro devised an alternate mechanic for them for Combiner Wars on. So it uses more parts and molds, but the longevity is worth it. ;)^

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Motto: "'till All Are One"
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I hadn't thought of that issue. Still think nicer figures like Masterpiece would benefit from the hands sliding into the forearms. Bumblebee especially.

I preffer a flap opening and folding the hand into the forearm. My problem with sliders is the friction aspect and having that outwards tab/button and slide visible, which kind of disrupts the look of the forearm.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,
please contact us using this form.

william-james88
News Staff
News Credits: 4501
Buy from william-james88 on eBay

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:51 pm

william-james88 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

I preffer a flap opening and folding the hand into the forearm. My problem with sliders is the friction aspect and having that outwards tab/button and slide visible, which kind of disrupts the look of the forearm.

Moreso than a giant gaping hole where a fist was previously?
Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Seibertron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Moreso than a giant gaping hole where a fist was previously?

No, thats why I preffer the flap I mentioned.
If you have any news, rumours, or hot new sightings to report which you feel should be front paged,

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:02 pm

william-james88 wrote:No, thats why I preffer the flap I mentioned.

I completely glanced over the first part of your post. Doh! Yah, the flap method works well too. I'd still like to see that on Masterpiece Bumblebee at some point.
Seibertron
Site Owner

Video Review Roundup for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Master, Deluxe and Micromaster

Postby william-james88 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Most Transformers War for Cybertron Siege toys have now been found in the US. You can view all the DPCI codes to help you locat the particular figure you wish here. For those who are still on the fence, we have some great galleries at your disposal which show what you can accomplish with the figures. You can see them here:

New Galleries: War for Cybertron Siege Micromasters Wave 1

New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Battle Masters Blowpipe, Firedrive and Lionizer

New Galleries: War for Cybertron SIEGE Deluxe Class Cog, Hound, Sideswipe and Skytread

Of course, some people also like looking at video reviews so we have made a round up below of some for the deluxe, micromaster and Battle Master class.

william-james88
News Staff

Postby Seibertron » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Ironically, I took "scale" pics the other day while the news from another user made the headlines here without knowledge of others taking "scale" pics. There are some interesting things to learn from this info, though I'll let you come to your own conclusions.

Individual G1 Micromaster Roadhandler: 0.3 ounces

All 4 G1 Micromasters Race Car Patrol: 1.4 ounces (someone weighs more than 0.3 ounces!!!)

WFC Siege Micromaster Roadhandler: 0.4 ounces

WFC Siege Micromaster Roadhandler and Swindler: 0.7 ounces

Power of the Primes Legends Class Windcharger: 1.1 ounces ($9.99 toy year ago weighs 0.4 ounces more than $9.99 figure today)

Generations Legends Class Bumblebee with Micromaster: 1.2 ounces ($9.99 toy)

WFC Siege Battle Masters Firedrive: 0.4 ounces

WFC Siege Deluxe Class Sideswipe: 2.9 ounces

WFC Siege Voyager Class Optimus Prime: 5.3 ounces

Masterpiece MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe): 4.8 ounces

Seibertron
Site Owner

Postby Ultra Markus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
what im wondering is wheres the legends class figures, i get the two micromasters = one legends but,
why dont we get cybertronian versions of the minibots how cool would that be :-?
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Endurance: 10
Courage: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 pm

Motto: "Can't do a job halfway. What's worth doing is worth doing well, I say."
Weapon: Saber Blade
Ultra Markus wrote:what im wondering is wheres the legends class figures, i get the two micromasters = one legends but,
why dont we get cybertronian versions of the minibots how cool would that be :-?
There is no Legends class in this line because of the Micromasters. But, Bumblebee with his saucer altmode has been alluded to as a possibility for this line, so if we get him, he'll probably be in the Deluxe class somehow. Maybe a tiny Deluxe with a big accessory a la TLK Sqweeks.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

Shadowman wrote:This is Sabrblade we're talking about. His ability to store trivial information about TV shows is downright superhuman.
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Sabrblade
God Of Transformers
News Credits: 438
Strength: 7
Firepower: 7
Skill: 9

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:21 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:what im wondering is wheres the legends class figures, i get the two micromasters = one legends but,
There is no Legends class in this line because of the Micromasters. But, Bumblebee with his saucer altmode has been alluded to as a possibility for this line, so if we get him, he'll probably be in the Deluxe class somehow. Maybe a tiny Deluxe with a big accessory a la TLK Sqweeks.

Energon Rods ;)

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

Postby Ultra Markus » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:26 am

Motto: "“You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” - Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight"
Weapon: 16 Cannons
Sabrblade wrote:

Saucer mode bumblebee is all I would really care for in this line
Besides this is a trilogy maybe one segment will have earth modes and chances are the other guys may show up later
Ultra Markus
Gestalt
Alt Mode: the biggest baddest thing ever
Endurance: 10
Firepower: 10

Postby Emerje » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:39 am

Motto: "Spellcheck's antithesis."
Weapon: Saw-Edged Pincer
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Here's the thing, most "hollow" parts aren't entirely hollow (unless they're for hiding hands or whatever), they include extra molded details or cross beams to add structure. This is just a big empty area. Hound does it right:

They also usually place the hollow areas on the inside to help hide them (like above). Since the arms are straight in alt mode they should have been able to pull that off at least. And, I'm not sure, but I think the hollow space in the back is to reduce plastic and cut costs, not part of the transformation. Ironhide just isn't feeling like the more premium figure we were promised. He had better be surprisingly tall.

Emerje
Emerje
News Staff
News Credits: 236
Alt Mode: Lobster Moose
Strength: 9
Intelligence: 7
Speed: 4
Firepower: 3
Skill: 6

Postby jtanimator » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:27 am

It's amazing to me how much more dynamic Storm Cloud looks in posing than the others simply because he has elbow joints. I mean they all look good, but posability with these little guys goes up 100% with something that simple.
jtanimator
Minibot

Postby AcademyofDrX » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:04 am

The pegs for Storm Cloud's hands support Fire Blasts, right? It might be difficult to balance, but that would also allow for some cool display options.
AcademyofDrX
Godmaster
News Credits: 17
Strength: N/A
Intelligence: N/A
Speed: N/A
Endurance: N/A
Courage: N/A
Firepower: N/A
Skill: N/A

Postby jtanimator » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:37 am

Didn't notice that before, but now that you mention it, I'm that much more excited! Storm Cloud's lookin' to quite possibly be my favorite Micromaster from this wave.
jtanimator
Minibot

Postby X3ROhour » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:46 pm

Motto: ""I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!""
Weapon: Three-Bladed Knife
wolverinetodd wrote:
Z3ROhour wrote:is anyone else bothered
by the fact
that Skytread
doesn't become
two separate bots
as well as vehicles?

or is that just me?

maybe i missed a post.
:???: :-?

I'm a bit disappointed by that fact, but then Hasbro spoiled us by giving us two completely new Legends Class figures in POTP with Roadtrap and Battleslash to create Battletrap. Originally both Duocons were comprised of two vehicle alt modes that didn't have individual Con modes, but both vehicles combined to form one Con, just as we're seeing with Siege Skytread. If Hasbro had introduced Battletrap into the POTP Deluxe Class line as just one Con that transforms into two different vehicles, as it was originally in G1, then the reveal of Siege Skytread (Flywheels) wouldn't be an issue. Apparently there's no Legends Class in the WFC line, otherwise we might would've gotten a "Skyspear" and a "Dirt-Tread" that combine to form Skytread.

Considering I'm going to display both my POTP Battletrap and WFC Siege Skytread (Flywheels) in their combined Deluxe Class size Con forms, I'm okay with the way Skytread is.

oh
dont get me wrong
me too

i like Skytread a lot!

BUTT

wouldnt it have been great!?

four bots rushing into battle
flippin
and shifting
and changing
shape
positions
attacks
partners
TORSOS!

the pandemonium!
:KREMZEEK:
Latest FIGS (01/25-03/24) MMC SPRINGER! Earthspark NIGHTSHADE! Legacy Evo STRONGARM, SHADOW STRIKER, BOMBSHELL & DETRITUS!!
X3ROhour
City Commander
News Credits: 2
Buy from X3ROhour on eBay
Alt Mode: Transmetal WereBat to Starfighter Triplechanger
Strength: 8
Speed: 1
Endurance: 5
Courage: 10+
Firepower: 10+
Skill: Infinity

Postby Hellscream9999 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Motto: "Never forgive, never forget."
Weapon: Black Magic
I love Flak, there's just something infinitely cuddly about how tiny his alt mode is :x
I am not a G1 fan, please treat my opinions as such.

william-james88 wrote:If ever Sabrblade decides to go on vacation, I am glad to know we can rely on you.
Hellscream9999
Matrix Keeper
News Credits: 174
Alt Mode: Skeletal Dragon
Strength: Infinity
Intelligence: Infinity
Speed: Infinity
Endurance: Infinity
Courage: ???
Firepower: Infinity
Skill: Infinity

Postby Skritz » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:53 pm

I've been thinking: do any of you think Brunt might get retooled into Slammer? Granted that would mean two weaponizers associated with Metroplex.
Skritz
Gestalt

Postby Jelze Bunnycat » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:05 pm

Skritz wrote:I've been thinking: do any of you think Brunt might get retooled into Slammer? Granted that would mean two weaponizers associated with Metroplex.

With a new turret and chest piece that actually may work. That work result in new legs as well actually:

Looking for:
- PotP Punch head
Jelze Bunnycat
God Of Transformers

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers Toys Discussion

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DIRGE Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Class Conehead Hasbro 2023 New"
DIRGE Transformers ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PRIMAL + MEGATRON Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom 2023 New"
BWVS-01 OPTIMUS PR ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "STRONGARM Transformers Legacy Evolution Deluxe Robots In Disguise 2023 New"
STRONGARM Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "CRANKCASE Transformers Legacy Deluxe Class Hasbro 2022 New **IN-STOCK**"
CRANKCASE Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-04 TIGATRON + BLACKARACHNIA Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro"
BWVS-04 TIGATRON + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BWVS-05 RATTRAP + TERRORSAUR Transformers Beast Wars Again Kingdom Hasbro 2024"
NEW!
BWVS-05 RATTRAP + ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTPROWLER Transformers Legacy Deluxe Beast Wars Universe Hasbro 2022 New"
NIGHTPROWLER Trans ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K21 SOUNDWAVE ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "OVERRIDE Transformers Legacy Velocitron Speedia 500 Voyager 2022 New 231203A"
OVERRIDE Transform ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "LEO PRIME Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Maximal Hasbro 2023 New/IN STOCK"
LEO PRIME Transfor ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K2 RATTRAP Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Core Hasbro 2020 New"
WFC-K2 RATTRAP Tra ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Transformers War for Cybertron Kingdom Deluxe Hasbro 2021 New"
WFC-K14 AIRAZOR Tr ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WAR DAWN ERIAL + DION Transformers Legacy Evolution 2-Pack Hasbro 2023 New"
WAR DAWN ERIAL + D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BLUDGEON Transformers Legacy Evolution Voyager Hasbro 2023 New"
BLUDGEON Transform ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #348 - Uno
Twincast / Podcast #348:
"Uno"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, April 20th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 12 Voyager Class Movie 1 Decepticon Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION HOT ROD JUNKION SCRAPHEAP WRECK GAR SET" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Motormaster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON