Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd

Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd

Thursday, June 7th, 2007 12:01pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Event News
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 8,711

Anime-expo.org has posted that their convention will also be getting an early showing of the Transformers Movie on July 2nd. So for anyone on the West Coast looking for a way to see the movie earlier, here is your chance.

Click here to read the full article.

Credit(s): Kyao, Anime-Expo.org

Re: Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd (153117)
Posted by mangatron on June 7th, 2007 @ 12:12pm CDT
Oh man even more reason to go to Anime Expo. Good thing I live in the area :D
Re: Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd (153490)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 7th, 2007 @ 3:32pm CDT
Re: Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd (153539)
Posted by Anonymous on June 7th, 2007 @ 3:56pm CDT
Roboto750 wrote:This makes no sense what so ever! It's an anime convention, not a film festival or a TF gathering of some sort! Yes, I know there fans of TF that go to those things (myself included), but this just cuts more ticket sales and cheapens the Botcon screening (even though it's still earlier) even more. Plus Botcon is a TRANSFORMERS convention, not a cover-all Sci-Fi or Anime convention, so it made sense and was special because of that. What's next, a screening of the TF movie at a My Little Pony Convention or a gun show?
The latest transformer series (armada, energon etc) are all pretty much anime. So in a way it makes sense.
Re: Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd (153678)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 7th, 2007 @ 5:26pm CDT
Spoon wrote:

Yes, but the movie isn't animated. Plus, it seems to feature more concepts and characters from the G1 series, which really isn't anime. Again, don't get me wrong, I do like anime.

Re: Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd (153984)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 7th, 2007 @ 8:03pm CDT
If the July 2nd Opening is only for select locations, alot less people should feel upset about the integrity of opening day being the 4th.
Re: Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd (154204)
Posted by mangatron on June 7th, 2007 @ 10:47pm CDT
Roboto750 wrote:All that aside, I just don't like the prescreening being done at another convention (in the US) besides Botcon. With the number of prescreenings going on, the Botcon one (which was one of the first announced) keeps seeming less "exclusive." Yes, it's before this one takes place, but it just seems cheapened to me.

Isn't it that there are July 2nd showing's at 8PM? I don't see why an anime convention should get shafted from the fun.

Alot of people go to AX. Heck, thousands, with AX presumebly the biggest anime convention in the US. And people do go there. It makes sense to show the movie there because for example, you don't want half the people attending AX and half attending the movie showing, it would hurt both theaters and AX to not have a TF showing in AX.

Think about it this way, both AX and TF marketing win, rather than marketing get bloated and AX lose.

Good move by marketing (or whoever orchestrated this) :-P
Re: Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd (154208)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 7th, 2007 @ 10:52pm CDT
mangatron wrote:

Good move by marketing (or whoever orchestrated this) :-P

Ah, we have a winner! ;)^

I forgot about the whole July 2 thing. I keep thinking 7-3-7, and that's about it. Kudos to you! :D
Re: Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd (154209)
Posted by mangatron on June 7th, 2007 @ 10:55pm CDT
Roboto750 wrote:
Ah, we have a winner! ;)^

Your welcome. Wait, are you saying....that if I hadn't mentioned the July 2nd opening,....you would've missed it? :?

I'm glad I told you lol :lol: :lol:
Re: Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd (154228)
Posted by Roboto750 on June 7th, 2007 @ 11:20pm CDT
mangatron wrote:
Roboto750 wrote:
Ah, we have a winner! ;)^

I'm glad I told you lol :lol: :lol:

Re: Anime Expo to get early showing of Movie on July 2nd (154336)
Posted by mangatron on June 8th, 2007 @ 2:23am CDT
Roboto750 wrote:Nah, I actually knew about the July 2 release date. I just didn't put 2 and 2 together (or really pay close attention to what date this screening was :P ). Oh well, teaches me to read and respond to a story at 1 AM! :oops:

1AM lol, goodnight dude :)

Speaking of AX, I wonder how do they plan to accommodate all the attendants. Hope it isn't like a drive-thru theater :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Starscream Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Voyager Bulkhead Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Arcee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Deluxe Class Bumblebee First Edition" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 25th Transformers SDCC SOUNDWAVE & BLASTER Backpack 6 Cassettes 2012 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers NEW * Voyager Sandstorm * Generations Selects Exclusive WFC-GS21" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Grimlock MISB 2012" on EBAY