#BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus

Transformers News: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus

Friday, April 8th, 2016 6:33PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 37,431

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Another gallery from the Hasbro area at BotCon 2016, after the initial floor shots, comes once more in the regular Seibertron.com definition, and in the form of the two Combiner Wars box sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus!

Remolds of pre-existing Combiner Wars figures in the former, stepping directly out of the IDW comics and Sara Pitre Durocher's pen, with the newly hued seafoam green, combined sword and exclusive artwork; the latter features all the 90s neon goodness of Generation 2 as the Combaticon members of Bruticus clash horribly but gloriously. Click on any image below to view the full gallery.

Transformers News: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus

Transformers News: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus

Transformers News: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus

Transformers News: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus

Transformers News: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus

Transformers News: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus

Transformers News: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus

Transformers News: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779366)
Posted by megatronus on April 8th, 2016 @ 6:39pm CDT
Behold! Cyclonus, the warrior... and his Armada.

The floor of BotCon 2016 has given us yet another look at the previously revealed, soon to be released The Transformers: The Movie 30th anniversary commemorative Platinum Edition box sets.

The Planet of Junk 3-pack includes Hot Rod, a redeco of Classics Hot Rod, and 2 Junkions: Wreck-Gar and Junkion Scrapheap, redecos of their respective Reveal the Shield and eHobby figures. This set brings us back to The Transformers: The Movie arrival of Hot Rod and Kup on the Planet of Junk, ahead of the final battle with Unicron: ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong.

The Armada of Cyclonus 3-pack includes (you guessed it!) Cyclonus, a redeco of his Universe toy, Scourge, a redeco of the Generations figure, and a Sweep, which utilizes the Botcon 2014 Knight Devconhead. This set features clear and translucent bits, which nicely homage '86 Movie scene in which they are reformatted by Unicron.

Images of the figures contained in both sets are included below. You can check out Seibertron's extensive Platinum Edition galleries here, and our full BotCon 2016 galleries here. What do you think of these sets? Will you picking up that beardless Sweep?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779367)
Posted by Randomhero on April 8th, 2016 @ 6:43pm CDT
After so many years of bad mock ups, poorly posed and mistranformed displays it's nice to see the people who set them up his year had fun doing it.
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779368)
Posted by Va'al on April 8th, 2016 @ 6:50pm CDT
And finally, from the Hasbro area at BotCon 2016 in Louisville the final display case features assorted merchandise and the superdeformed Alt Modes line, with newly revealed Nemesis Prime and Ultra Magnus - check out the images below and click on any of them for the full gallery!

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779370)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 8th, 2016 @ 7:00pm CDT
That does not look like Devcon's head. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... 3366/1/45/ http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uplo ... 0002-1.jpg (better shot of the head)

Devcon has odd, pouty lips, this toy has normal lips. The ends on Devcon's helmet curve inwards while this has the normal shape for Scourge. The lazer on Devcon's head is different than that of this toy (the Sweeep has a hole with light piping, Devcon does not). The Sweep has light piping, Devcon does not (I haven't taken it apart, but it looks like the eyes are sculpted on the face). From the side of the Devcon toy you can really see the difference.

I mean the head really looks like Devcon's. But if it is, they didn't derive it from the Botcon version.
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779385)
Posted by Emerje on April 8th, 2016 @ 7:57pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:That does not look like Devcon's head. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers- ... 3366/1/45/ http://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uplo ... 0002-1.jpg (better shot of the head)

Devcon has odd, pouty lips, this toy has normal lips. The ends on Devcon's helmet curve inwards while this has the normal shape for Scourge. The lazer on Devcon's head is different than that of this toy (the Sweeep has a hole with light piping, Devcon does not). The Sweep has light piping, Devcon does not (I haven't taken it apart, but it looks like the eyes are sculpted on the face). From the side of the Devcon toy you can really see the difference.

I mean the head really looks like Devcon's. But if it is, they didn't derive it from the Botcon version.

You are correct, that is Devcon's head, but not from the BotCon set. I noticed back at Toy Fair that the "gun" on his head is different, but it really is an entirely new head. I doubt it's a pre-tool either, otherwise BotCon would have used it. Maybe there's an official Devcon in our future? I'd buy a set of him, Smokescreen, and a cartoon accurate Astrotrain.

Emerje
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779418)
Posted by william-james88 on April 8th, 2016 @ 9:57pm CDT
[BW] Rainmaker wrote:Chromedome looks to me like a retool of CW Smokescreen but with a headmaster/powermaster/removable head bot thing whatever they call them now.

Can anyone confirm?

:MAXIMAL:


Its been said a while back why he looks so similar. To make chromedome, Takara started with CW Dead End and copied some of the engineering but added a lot of new parts and transformation steps (like feet and a headmaster). So its based on that design but only as a base, its doesnt use any aspect of that initial mold. So its not technically a retool.
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779425)
Posted by Emerje on April 8th, 2016 @ 11:29pm CDT
You know, it's kinda hard to keep track of posts when half the news staff is linking stuff to this topic and the other is linking to the Titans Return topic... :BANG_HEAD:

Emerje
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779428)
Posted by Va'al on April 9th, 2016 @ 1:12am CDT
Seibertron.com is no longer stuck in the hotel room! As we browsed the Hasbro area at BotCon 2016 in Louisville, and took some initial shots of the products on display prior to the new reveals, we also took some video coverage of the display cases - which you can check out below.

Included in each, respectively, are the Generations Alt Modes line, Robots in Disguise, including Windblade, Bisk, Ratchet and Mini-cons, Victorion, G2 Bruticus, Titans Return and more, as we've already seen in the galleries here, here, here, here and here. But take a look at them in motion, accompanied by British commentary from yours truly!







Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779429)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 9th, 2016 @ 1:21am CDT
I loved that titans return segment with Optimus narrating the Trilogy so far. Neat! :MAXIMAL:
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779430)
Posted by LE0KING on April 9th, 2016 @ 1:55am CDT
Good job keeping the camera steady, man. My arms would have been shaking holding that thing still for seven minutes. ;)^
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779431)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 9th, 2016 @ 2:43am CDT
Isn't that sixshot about to be squished by fortress maximus in that promo?
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779434)
Posted by King Kuuga on April 9th, 2016 @ 4:00am CDT
Emerje wrote:You know, it's kinda hard to keep track of posts when half the news staff is linking stuff to this topic and the other is linking to the Titans Return topic... :BANG_HEAD:

Emerje

He's right, you know.

I mean yes. On the one hand, it's all on the same show floor and it's easy to make comparisons across lines since they're all there. "Oh Chromedome looks great but man, did you see Bisk?"
On the other hand we have individual topics for all of these lines and the information should be there as well.
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779437)
Posted by Roadbuster on April 9th, 2016 @ 5:44am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Isn't that sixshot about to be squished by fortress maximus in that promo?


Indeed it is...

We may be in for a surprise today at the panel.
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779446)
Posted by LE0KING on April 9th, 2016 @ 6:56am CDT
Roadbuster wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Isn't that sixshot about to be squished by fortress maximus in that promo?


Indeed it is...

We may be in for a surprise today at the panel.


Afraid not. :( That's a panel from spotlight: metroplex. sixshot chases the throttlebots to the planet where metroplex is hiding and he saves them by smashing sixshot into the ground.
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779454)
Posted by Optimizzy on April 9th, 2016 @ 8:35am CDT
huh. been pretty enamored by Titan Masters than I'm surprised that I really want that scorponok.
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779465)
Posted by Va'al on April 9th, 2016 @ 8:51am CDT
LE0KING wrote:
Roadbuster wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Isn't that sixshot about to be squished by fortress maximus in that promo?


Indeed it is...

We may be in for a surprise today at the panel.


Afraid not. :( That's a panel from spotlight: metroplex. sixshot chases the throttlebots to the planet where metroplex is hiding and he saves them by smashing sixshot into the ground.


Doesn't mean there will be no surprises... :-$
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779467)
Posted by Va'al on April 9th, 2016 @ 8:58am CDT
That Bot wrote:
Emerje wrote:You know, it's kinda hard to keep track of posts when half the news staff is linking stuff to this topic and the other is linking to the Titans Return topic... :BANG_HEAD:

Emerje

He's right, you know.

I mean yes. On the one hand, it's all on the same show floor and it's easy to make comparisons across lines since they're all there. "Oh Chromedome looks great but man, did you see Bisk?"
On the other hand we have individual topics for all of these lines and the information should be there as well.


Please feel free to post links to the main stories in the various threads! I personally do not have the physical time to do so right now.

Scratch that, just moved things into their existing threads.

Only need to move Victorion and Platinum stuff. :D
Off to Hasbro panel soon, be ready for hopefully lots of STUFF and THINGS.
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779471)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 9th, 2016 @ 9:17am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:
That Bot wrote:
Emerje wrote:You know, it's kinda hard to keep track of posts when half the news staff is linking stuff to this topic and the other is linking to the Titans Return topic... :BANG_HEAD:

Emerje

He's right, you know.

I mean yes. On the one hand, it's all on the same show floor and it's easy to make comparisons across lines since they're all there. "Oh Chromedome looks great but man, did you see Bisk?"
On the other hand we have individual topics for all of these lines and the information should be there as well.


Please feel free to post links to the main stories in the various threads! I personally do not have the physical time to do so right now.

Typical Doctor type - have an aid do organizational stuff for you. ;)
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1779473)
Posted by Va'al on April 9th, 2016 @ 9:19am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:
That Bot wrote:
Emerje wrote:You know, it's kinda hard to keep track of posts when half the news staff is linking stuff to this topic and the other is linking to the Titans Return topic... :BANG_HEAD:

Emerje

He's right, you know.

I mean yes. On the one hand, it's all on the same show floor and it's easy to make comparisons across lines since they're all there. "Oh Chromedome looks great but man, did you see Bisk?"
On the other hand we have individual topics for all of these lines and the information should be there as well.


Please feel free to post links to the main stories in the various threads! I personally do not have the physical time to do so right now.

Typical Doctor type - have an aid do organizational stuff for you. ;)


I just did the thing.
Re: #BotCon2016 Generations Combiner Wars Box Sets: Victorion and G2 Bruticus (1780480)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 12th, 2016 @ 1:58pm CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:I just did the thing.
Image

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Moonracer" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 09 Voyager Class Movie 2 Thundercracker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Twinferno and Daburu" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
Twincast / Podcast #219:
"Big Cat Convoy"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition OPTIMUS PRIME Complete Year Of The Snake" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock Figure a6153 10"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Age of Extinction GRIMLOCK Complete Target Platinum Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Play Doh (1) Mr.Potato Head Set (2)Transformers Optimus Prime Set" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Platinum Ed Planet of Junk NEW RODIMUS SCRATCH N DENT" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Age of Extinction Construct-Bots Dinobot Rider Bumblebee,OPTIMUS 4p" on EBAY
Buy "Target Optimus Prime Transforming Gift Card Transformers Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Real Gear Booster X10 Laserbeak" on EBAY